2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

New Vessel Bag

> @mxskier said:

> Anyone with any opinion on the colors for the light stand bag? Wondering how the 3 colors (black, navy, and grey) actually look for those who have seen it? I'm considering going that route this year for a new bag. Could always just go black but that sometimes just feels boring, but also classy. Just looking for opinions if anyone has seen them?

I have seen all the colors in person including the rose gold, and personally purchased the Grey Model while my friends got the Black Camo. The grey is a steel grey but the material has a very slight sheen to it which I think is due more to the material. The navy is on the darker side but I think is sharp and very classy. Nothing wrong with the black, a little shinier than I would prefer but still a good looking bag

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @bfizzy said:

> > @mxskier said:

> > Anyone with any opinion on the colors for the light stand bag? Wondering how the 3 colors (black, navy, and grey) actually look for those who have seen it? I'm considering going that route this year for a new bag. Could always just go black but that sometimes just feels boring, but also classy. Just looking for opinions if anyone has seen them?

>

> I have seen all the colors in person including the rose gold, and personally purchased the Grey Model while my friends got the Black Camo. The grey is a steel grey but the material has a very slight sheen to it which I think is due more to the material. The navy is on the darker side but I think is sharp and very classy. Nothing wrong with the black, a little shinier than I would prefer but still a good looking bag

Could you upload some of the pictures of the grey?

Titleist TSi3 Ventus TR Blue 6x

Titleist TSi2 3W Venus TR Blue 7x

Callaway Apex 16 3 Hybrid Ventus HB Blue 9x

Callaway Apex Pro 4i DG 120 X100

Callaway Apex CB 5i-PW DG 120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM10 50F/54D/60S DG S300

L.A.B. MEZZ.1

Those pics are awesome, thanks for posting. Still anxiously awaiting the arrival of my 2.0 stand bag 14 way in black. The wait is driving me crazy.

Ping G 400 Max 9 degree w/ Proforce VTS Black 7s
Cobra F7 14.5 degree w/ Elements Chrome 7s
Cleveland Classic 18 degree hybrid w/ Fuji Fuel 95s
4-PW Srixon 585 and 785 AW w/ nippon modus 120,
Cleveland RTX4 54 and 58 w/ nippon modus 125 wedge shaft
Putter: Evnroll ER2 35'
Ball: TM TP5x or Pro V1x

Thanks for the pics!

For those of you who made the jump, how did you find it vs the perennial walking/riding fan favorites of the Hoofer and SM 4.5?

L.A.B. MEZZ.1

@mxskier I have the SM 4.5, the 2017 Hoofer, and a Stitch SL1. The SM 4.5 sits at my in laws house with my backup to my backup set if that gives you any indication of how much I like it. It has good storage, easy to get the clubs in and out, but the straps suck for me. They constantly slide off my shoulders, and the bag is hard to balance and sways a decent amount. I do think if you have broader shoulders that the bag could work well. The stand mechanism also leaves a lot to be desired.

The Hoofer was and is still my favorite bag of all time. Comfortable straps great stand, works well as a cart bag. I wish main pocket was larger although I think it has been changed in the 2019 version. At the end of the day it is a hoofer so you know what to expect.

The Vessel Lite is awesome, and for me is the perfect blend between the hoofer and my stitch. Empty it feels lighter than the Hoofer, haven't actually weighed it though, has good storage and the straps while not as padded as the hoofers, have a better shape so they stay on well and distribute the weight really well. My biggest complaint with the bag has to do with how small the opening is. I get more binding and hard to really carry more than 14 clubs and alignment sticks which limits it from being a bag I would take to the range when tinkering. Storage wise, not as much space as the hoofer, but oddly has a larger main pocket, and the best pocket is the Magnetic Range Finder pocket. The stand works extremely well, and I would say a very close 2nd to the hoofers mechanism. I also have not had any issues with the legs hanging down while carrying like what others face with the Vessel Players bag.

In short I really like the Vessel and is my go to when I know carrying, but if I know I'm taking a cart or going to the range to tinker or I know I need to carry some gear like during the winter months I'll go to the Hoofer. I didn't mention the Stitch as it is just a different style bag, that I really like for it's style, and it is plenty functional that I will use as well to carry, but it isn't a go to.

@bfizzy thanks so much for that fantastic description of all 3.

So if you were to choose just one bag for someone who a) doesn’t have more than 14 clubs ever and b) walks 1/2 the time (only 9s) and carts the other 1/2 (for the 18s), which would you choose?

L.A.B. MEZZ.1

@mxskier especially when considering price I do think Hoofers are a better value. Now if you were comparing the hoofer lite to the Vessel Lite I would go with the Vessel lite. Based on your description I’d say Hoofer with the cart strap pass through, it’s still not overly heavy to carry and the straps have good cushioning. I will say though the Vessel looks really good and is still pretty unique

Took advantage of BDAY promotion - Received my beautiful white Player 2.0 yesterday. First the good. The bag is gorgeous and the materials first class. Straps are awesome. I think the white will stay clean and crisp with nothing more than a wipe-down. A solid well built bag. And it is not that heavy at all.

Few observations:

* Full length dividers - it has full length dividers, but they are not connected to the sides, or in the same configuration of the 6 way top. Its 3 dividers, top to bottom, but not attached on sides..

* Size - the top is tight. I carry the full compliment of 14 clubs. ~~They would be tight in this bag.~~ # ****Update - Really not that tight at all. Eating a bit of crow.Plenty of room for the clubs. ****

* Laser pocket - the magnetic pocket on the back is well done. But, it's got a support pole running down the back/ middle of it, taking up valuable space.

* Water bottle pocket is just weird. Zipper pocket?

* Ball pocket - pretty small. But you shouldn't be carrying that many balls.

Conclusions: Beautiful bag, not perfect. Overall I am happy. Heading out for my first 18.

> @"SC Seawolf" said:

> Took advantage of BDAY promotion - Received my beautiful white Player 2.0 yesterday. First the good. The bag is gorgeous and the materials first class. Straps are awesome. I think the white will stay clean and crisp with nothing more than a wipe-down. A solid well built bag.

>

> Few observations:

> * Full length dividers - it has full length dividers, but they are not connected to the sides, or in the same configuration of the 6 way top. Its 3 dividers, top to bottom, but not attached on sides...so you will still have some club tangle.

> * Size - the top is tight. I carry the full compliment of 14 clubs. They would be tight in this bag.

> * Laser pocket - the magnetic pocket on the back is well done. But, it's got a support pole running down the back/ middle of it, taking up valuable space.

> * Water bottle pocket is just weird. Zipper pocket?

> * Ball pocket - pretty small. And I was so excited about getting a custom embroidery job, until I saw the size of that back pocket. Its just small. Logo and name would be pretty small.

>

> Conclusions: Beautiful bag, but not as functional as I'd like. And for the price tag, I cannot imagine why th dividers are not better crafted. Really sucks to bite the bullet, wait with excitement, and then be ultimately disappointed. Kinda like my golf game from the first tee...

Can anybody that has the 14 way configuration speak to the size of the top? Is it tight for 14 clubs? It seems like it should be fine with 14 dedicated spots but I believe the 14 way and 6 way have the same dimensions.

Ping G 400 Max 9 degree w/ Proforce VTS Black 7s
Cobra F7 14.5 degree w/ Elements Chrome 7s
Cleveland Classic 18 degree hybrid w/ Fuji Fuel 95s
4-PW Srixon 585 and 785 AW w/ nippon modus 120,
Cleveland RTX4 54 and 58 w/ nippon modus 125 wedge shaft
Putter: Evnroll ER2 35'
Ball: TM TP5x or Pro V1x

I've got the 14-way as well. I actually carry 15 clubs in my bag with no issue. I keep my putter in the top slot, my 3 iron under that on the left, 3 and 5 woods in the middle (these are the clubs that share a slot), and driver on the right. I even put alignment sticks in with the 3 iron some times, no issues.

I agree with previous comments regarding the "full length" dividers and the magnetic pocket, that stick is definitely in the way. There have also been a lot of comments in forums about the legs not snapping back. I walked 18 the other day and I didn't have any issues with the legs not snapping back quickly. However, the leg hinge on the carry side of the bag is a little awkward. I picked up my clubs once and had that hinge slam into my hip, that didn't feel good, never had that happen with my SM 4.5. I did notice the legs slapping the bag toward the end of the round, so I'll be keeping an eye on this to see if it gets worse.

The biggest negative for me the other day was the weight. The Vessel website says 5.75 pounds. According to my scale, it's 7.5 pounds. I'm just not sure how that's going to work long term trying to walk more.

Titleist TSR3 9˚ - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Titleist TSR2 16.5˚ - Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR2 21˚ - Ventus Black 7X

Titleist T200 4 Iron - Mitsubishi MMT UT 105 TX

Titleist T100 5-9 Iron - TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 46˚/10˚F, 50˚/12˚F, 54˚/10˚S, 58˚/V Grind - TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100/S400

Scotty Cameron - Phantom X 5.5

Golf Pride Tour Velvet Cord Midsize

Titleist ProV1x

I am eating a bit of crow, and when I say a bit, I mean a LOT of CROW. I was overly harsh on the bag. But as it sat there, I added my clubs. Shocking...they actually fit better than I thought. So then I decided to walk 18, with the new bag...Guess what...That didn't suck either. There was definitely more room than I thought, and my clubs actually did better than in my old Ping Hoofer. So now I've got a beautiful white bag that needs some good Clemson artwork. Sending the panel off for embroidery now.

The magnetic pocket is not complete with the support pole. And I do think the straps are not the most comfortable. Where the straps hit on my back is pretty tight. Front is fine...back is tight and I am not a big guy. I think on a bigger dude the bag straps will rub. Legs were fine...worked perfectly.

The water bottle pocket sucks. No good way to say it...

Bottom line - it is a very nice bag, but its not perfect.

I received my player stand 2.0 and first impressions are awesome. So far I'm thrilled with the bag. Smaller overall size than I expected... Which is a good thing. It's a standard size bag that has a great top layout, smart pockets, and I love the straps and how the bag feels on my back (at home). I'll play two rounds with it this weekend and know exactly how I feel but so far I'm very excited with my purchase.

I will admit that the above comments about ball pocket and rangefinder pocket size are accurate. I don't see them being an issue for me but could be for some. Thankfully the surrounding pockets have more than enough space to make up for it.

I'll report back once I get some rounds in with it.

prx50mzl0w6n.jpg

5dkw1fozioml.jpg

• 1 month later...

After living with mine for about five months now, and getting quite a bit of use out of it, I must say they're great bags. That said, I've gotta caution people about the white color. Mine has picked up a couple of stains - honestly, I don't have any idea how as I can't recall spilling anything on it - that I cannot for the life of me remove. See picture below.

qrmsh9armxad.jpg

As for removing these, I have tried everything I can think of. Formula 409, bathroom cleaner w/bleach, Tide To Go, Folex; you name it, I've tried it. While the stains have gotten lighter, it's not by much, and at this point I have to assume they're permanent. I've contacted Vessel, but they haven't suggested anything helpful and seem out of ideas. Which is a shame, because they're very prominent and otherwise detract from what is a really beautiful bag. So, those of you considering one of these might want to stay away from white.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have both. I always felt like the synthetic leather looked like one of those old vinyl couches, to me it seemed kind of cheap looking for the price (regardless if it’s durable or not). I bought the grey tech bag, looks way better IMO, actually high end looking now. I think the subtle texture gives it a nice little something extra as well.

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

> @"SC-TX 88" said:

> I have both. I always felt like the synthetic leather looked like one of those old vinyl couches, to me it seemed kind of cheap looking for the price (regardless if it’s durable or not). I bought the grey tech bag, looks way better IMO, actually high end looking now. I think the subtle texture gives it a nice little something extra as well.

What color do you have in the synthetic leather , I was thinking either the tech bag in navy or synthetic

just curious as the navy in the synthetic may not look to cheap looking , is there much of a weight difference between the two .

> @alpineto said:

> > @"SC-TX 88" said:

> > I have both. I always felt like the synthetic leather looked like one of those old vinyl couches, to me it seemed kind of cheap looking for the price (regardless if it’s durable or not). I bought the grey tech bag, looks way better IMO, actually high end looking now. I think the subtle texture gives it a nice little something extra as well.

>

> What color do you have in the synthetic leather , I was thinking either the tech bag in navy or synthetic

> just curious as the navy in the synthetic may not look to cheap looking , is there much of a weight difference between the two .

I have black in the synthetic. It’s the original (version 1.0 I guess).

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

> @"SC-TX 88" said:

> > @alpineto said:

> > > @"SC-TX 88" said:

> > > I have both. I always felt like the synthetic leather looked like one of those old vinyl couches, to me it seemed kind of cheap looking for the price (regardless if it’s durable or not). I bought the grey tech bag, looks way better IMO, actually high end looking now. I think the subtle texture gives it a nice little something extra as well.

> >

> > What color do you have in the synthetic leather , I was thinking either the tech bag in navy or synthetic

> > just curious as the navy in the synthetic may not look to cheap looking , is there much of a weight difference between the two .

>

> I have black in the synthetic. It’s the original (version 1.0 I guess).

Looks like I'll get either the grey or navy in the tech bag , thanks for your reply.