Titleist 2018 Concept Irons (pics Pg 1 & 5)

$500 a pop? For better perimeter weighting? I guess its a "concept" and not intended to make money.

The whole problem with this idea is that better players actually want less perimeter weighting. Most pros use blades or players cavity irons with minimal perimeter weighting and slower ballspeeds. The players who would benefit most from these are higher handicappers who want a small club. But not many of them are going to pay $500/club for irons. Especially if pros aren't using them.

I like my Titelist CP 02s as the title says. Maybe now people can stop giving expert reviews on the design and performance by pictures of the backs. Go try them and then criticize them on data versus price. For me they were worth every penny. Nothing has come out since I got my set last August that is remotely near them regardless of price..

omg.....lol.....but the real question is, did you talk her up? > @JStang said:

> chisag wrote:

>

>

>

> ... I never understand how the back of a club can garner so many opinions. How thick is the topline and sole? How long is it heel to toe? What kind of steel is it made from? What are the lofts? How much offset? None of these are answered by a picture of the back of a club yet so many love or hate them because of a useless picture.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Ever seen a girl ordering a drink from the bar and all looks good from behind and then she turns around and it looks like someone set her face on fire and put it out with a wet brick? Same thing.

> @tsecor said:

> omg.....lol.....but the real question is, did you talk her up? > @JStang said:

> > chisag wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > ... I never understand how the back of a club can garner so many opinions. How thick is the topline and sole? How long is it heel to toe? What kind of steel is it made from? What are the lofts? How much offset? None of these are answered by a picture of the back of a club yet so many love or hate them because of a useless picture.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Ever seen a girl ordering a drink from the bar and all looks good from behind and then she turns around and it looks like someone set her face on fire and put it out with a wet brick? Same thing.

>

>

I got a warning from the mods for this so no comment....

TSR3 TSi3 3 Wood | 915H 18 |  T150 4-PW Vokey SM9  50, 54, 58 |  Ping PLD Anser 2D

lol....I bet you did. ;)> @JStang said:

> > @tsecor said:

> > omg.....lol.....but the real question is, did you talk her up? > @JStang said:

> > > chisag wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ... I never understand how the back of a club can garner so many opinions. How thick is the topline and sole? How long is it heel to toe? What kind of steel is it made from? What are the lofts? How much offset? None of these are answered by a picture of the back of a club yet so many love or hate them because of a useless picture.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Ever seen a girl ordering a drink from the bar and all looks good from behind and then she turns around and it looks like someone set her face on fire and put it out with a wet brick? Same thing.

> >

> >

>

> I got a warning from the mods for this so no comment....

>

I will try to post a comprehensive review of my CNCPT fitting at Titleist TPI in Oceanside along with the perfomrance review of the irons (CNCPT-01) which I have been playing for 2 months now.

In a word, they're awesome. To me, they're what I wanted the T-MB to be in terms of performance AND feel--they have truly delivered, and I've played almost everything.

Stay tuned and I'll get to more specifics.

I actually loved everything about the look of the 02 irons when i hit the 7i at my local Titleist fitting...except I found the offset to be kind of high for the perfect size/topline of the blade itself...maybe the Miura's i'm currently hitting have me spoiled offset wise but these irons are definitely on my potential list. Anyone else good/not good with the offset?

PING G430 LST 9deg VA composites Nemesys 6X
Cally Rogue ST TD T AD DI 7TX
Nike VFP 2i Oban Kiyoshi purple reserve X
Nike VFP 4i Oban Kiyoshi purple 100X
Muira MC501 Oban 115x
Vokey SM8 48, indigo 52F, wedgeworks 56K, TVD 58M
welded long neck tour rat

> @jleeclt said:

> I actually loved everything about the look of the 02 irons when i hit the 7i at my local Titleist fitting...except I found the offset to be kind of high for the perfect size/topline of the blade itself...maybe the Miura's i'm currently hitting have me spoiled offset wise but these irons are definitely on my potential list. Anyone else good/not good with the offset?

Looking at the specs the 02 model actually has less offset then the 718MB, must be your eye is used to the minimal offset of your Miura's but when I saw the CNCPT irons in person the offset didn't jump out at me at all.

I was actually shocked on how compact the 02 head was, figured it would be more like an AP2 originally.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro White 100 HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Timeless 2.5 SSS Tourtype Prototype

Damn, I just picked up a used set of c16’s to get me back into the Titleist family. As always, I should have waited...

TSR3 8* w Autoflex 505x shaft
Titleist 915fd w Fujikura Speeder Evolution IV 661 shaft
Titleist TSi3 4 hybrid w Fujikura Tour Spec Blue 7 

Miura CB1008 4i-PW w Oban CT-115 S shafts
Miura Tour Wedge HB 48*, Miura K Grind 2.0 54* & 60* w Oban Ct-115 wedge shafts
Scotty Cameron Red X center shafted putter (I love anything CS)
Titleist Prov1x

Didn't know anything about these clubs until yesterday when I was club looping for a gentleman that had them.... Looked amazing, took a pic to see what they were later.. And boom, $500 a piece.. Nice.

This guy is well know to most on this forum and probably didn't pay a dime for them.... Super sweet looking clubs...

They look great can't wait for tests to come and see what they do before I think they are the greatest clubs of all time.

They will be something I can only look at and wonder about as I could never afford them.....ever. I hope they are not like PXG long on hype and don't deliver anything more than any other good clubs can do. I would hate to see Titleist make clubs that are just eye candy for rich guys bags that would seem to be beneath them. It sounds like they are distance irons made into a pretty package. Will they have distance that you can control and good spin numbers?

Confused on offset comment versus Muira. I have sets of MC-501, MB-001. The CP-02 has less offset than the MC-501, but more than the MB-001. But why not compare similar designed irons. Much better to compare to IC-601 which is their hollow iron. The CP-02 has less offset than the 718MB so no clue where disturbing amount of offset is..

Bottom line is too much offset, too costly, don’t like the feel, don’t like the back design...don’t buy them. When I checked on a set of CP 01s was told both are a month and a half back ordered, not bad for official announcement a few days ago..

> @OutBackHack said:

> Didn't know anything about these clubs until yesterday when I was club looping for a gentleman that had them.... Looked amazing, took a pic to see what they were later.. And boom, $500 a piece.. Nice.

> This guy is well know to most on this forum and probably didn't pay a dime for them.... Super sweet looking clubs...

Titleist is actually making everyone pay for these, Butch harmon, Michael Jordan, Bob Vokey all had to pay for them and any tour guys that want to play them will have to pay as well. Guess that’s how they can recoup the design costs on them.

ForTourUseOnly's WITB

Titleist TSR3 9 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60 TX

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80 TX

Titleist TSR1 20 w/ Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Pro White 100 HY TX

Titleist T200U 2i - 19° w/ Mitsubishi Chemical MMT UT Utility Iron 105 TX

Titleist T150 4i, T100 5i-9i w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 47F, 51.5F, 56S, 60.05T w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Timeless 2.5 SSS Tourtype Prototype

$3K a set try $4K a set or $4.5K including 3 iron. The face is extremely hard (not translated to a hard feel however actually soft) and shows virtually no wear. I’ve had my set since last August and hit 1,000s of range balls on gritty mats, plus 2-3 rounds a week since then.. Caught a couple of rocks in rough that made very slight mark on one club. Biggest complaint is paint is gone from a couple of the irons numbers. Even out of traps no wear on the chrome finish on the W wedge..

• 2 weeks later...

Are you playing a set of c16’s?

> @Pinging77 said:

> $3K a set try $4K a set or $4.5K including 3 iron. The face is extremely hard (not translated to a hard feel however actually soft) and shows virtually no wear. I’ve had my set since last August and hit 1,000s of range balls on gritty mats, plus 2-3 rounds a week since then.. Caught a couple of rocks in rough that made very slight mark on one club. Biggest complaint is paint is gone from a couple of the irons numbers. Even out of traps no wear on the chrome finish on the W wedge..

TSR3 8* w Autoflex 505x shaft
Titleist 915fd w Fujikura Speeder Evolution IV 661 shaft
Titleist TSi3 4 hybrid w Fujikura Tour Spec Blue 7 

Miura CB1008 4i-PW w Oban CT-115 S shafts
Miura Tour Wedge HB 48*, Miura K Grind 2.0 54* & 60* w Oban Ct-115 wedge shafts
Scotty Cameron Red X center shafted putter (I love anything CS)
Titleist Prov1x

> @misterkye said:

> Are you playing a set of c16’s?

>

> > @Pinging77 said:

> > $3K a set try $4K a set or $4.5K including 3 iron. The face is extremely hard (not translated to a hard feel however actually soft) and shows virtually no wear. I’ve had my set since last August and hit 1,000s of range balls on gritty mats, plus 2-3 rounds a week since then.. Caught a couple of rocks in rough that made very slight mark on one club. Biggest complaint is paint is gone from a couple of the irons numbers. Even out of traps no wear on the chrome finish on the W wedge..

>

>

I had a set of C16s years ago. They were quite impressive for their time and to this day are better feeling and performing than the AP3s. I presently am playing the CNCPT 02 blade style since early last August. Have tried everything that has come out since ..distance improvement irons, standard traditional blades. Nothing comes close. These come with T-MB lofts so not as strong as the original C16s. I had my set delivered 1 degree weak because they are so long. When you compare them to an “equivalent” iron with same shaft, same length, same flex, same loft they are 1.5-2 clubs longer and unlike irons like i500, P790, etc. they do not suffer the loss of spin.. From the first week I had them, until today they have been worth every cent as I haven’t bought new irons because nothing is close. Just wish the CNCPT group could produce a driver this fall, but that is an area that has probably been researched to death. As impressive as the C16 irons were for their time the C16 driver was a total dud. The 917 driver was better. Sadly I doubt much from the CNCPT irons will be useable in the 720 series just purely because of costly materials that allows them the technology improvements.

Since every dealer now seems to have demo 7 irons in both the 01 and 02 models the consumer can now at least try them out rather than ordering them sight unseen and demo less like I did last summer.. At least now data can be produced with variety of shafts versus peoples gamers..