Jimmy Ballard

> @dodger said:

> When my right shoulder goes up with the left moving level, the right side extends. It keeps the shoulders up. When I feel my shoulders and head drop, I hook, block or chunk. Using the connector, my right side stays nice and high thru the ball.

This is why I need to get my swing on video. I had a great range session today, working with feels and trying to figure out “what works for me.” Anytime I tried to work my right shoulder more level, I felt my arms/hands take over, side bend increased and I hit a lot of fat shots and strong pulls. This could very well be a feel vs. real thing, or maybe, just maybe my right shoulder is in a “good” place without me really focusing on it much.

Only reason I say that, whenever I took focus off of it, make a full turn/coil I hit some great shots, probably had my best driving day of the short season so far.

I have a question regarding wrist conditions and the but end of the club at setup. Whenever setting up with a long iron or wood, I find my triangle is slightly skewed left, as in butt end of grip points more towards my shirt logo. Anytime I give it what I call the “Rocco” treatment, meaning really cupping my left wrist to get the butt end more middled up, I end up with some blocks and what feels like less power. I really need to get some video, I feel like being left eye dominate really screws with all perception of how I line up and would maybe give some answers to what I’m feeling and what I am actually doing.

Soft arms and finishing at the target are so key for me. I feel like whenever I keep these things in play, great things happen.

WITB 2019 Driver: TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5* 3W: TaylorMade 2017 M1 15* 3 iron: Titleist 718 T-MB 20* 4-P: Titleist 718 CB 52* Titleist TVD Mgrind 58* Titleist TVD Mgrind

> @97speedster said:

> The video of his swing looks great, I wish I had Curtis’s lower body release, but he does look like he held on to the club there more than usual, but that’s not uncommon under that amount of pressure. I’m seeing JB on Wednesday so it gives me something to show and ask him about.

Hope u have a great session w JB Wednesday! Wonder what JB thinks of Curtis too. He might have been playn a fade with that release. Very similar to Kaymer which is another ? By JB on Kaymer

Put some video to the swing today.... MY goodness, I have a massive massive forward press setup and even worse, I was actually trying to get the hands more to the “top” of the triangle here. I’m hitting the ball great, but where do I go from here? Do I swing my swing and keep grinding. Any Ballard disciples in western PA :/

WITB 2019 Driver: TaylorMade 2016 M2 10.5* 3W: TaylorMade 2017 M1 15* 3 iron: Titleist 718 T-MB 20* 4-P: Titleist 718 CB 52* Titleist TVD Mgrind 58* Titleist TVD Mgrind

> @adamnapes said:

> Put some video to the swing today.... MY goodness, I have a massive massive forward press setup and even worse, I was actually trying to get the hands more to the “top” of the triangle here. I’m hitting the ball great, but where do I go from here? Do I swing my swing and keep grinding. Any Ballard disciples in western PA :/

>

>

Looks pretty damn good. But bc I have been flipping the club lately, Jimmy told me I have to fold the left arm sooner so hands dont flip. This looks similar to my issue. JB would say we cant accelerate the club to max unless left arm folds. As u can see ur hands do it instead of left arm. IMOjodgg5l83e5d.png

![]

> @97speedster said:

> > @Ayersjj said:

> > DJ

> > How was JB lesson?

>

> Really good!

>

> 1. Look at ball under my sunglasses to get my head more up at address.

>

> 2. Right side (hip and shoulder) higher on downswing.

>

> 3. Go to left toe through the ball with a soft left knee.

>

> I hit a bunch of balls after and started feeling much better, so were my divots and shots!

I Better start ? wearing glasses! Nice thought Colbert says he use to look at his caddie! Good company

>

> Looks pretty **** good. But bc I have been flipping the club lately, Jimmy told me I have to fold the left arm sooner so hands dont flip. This looks similar to my issue. JB would say we cant accelerate the club to max unless left arm folds. As u can see ur hands do it instead of left arm. IMO

What does Ballard say to do to get the left arm to fold sooner?

Jj. Thanks for the heads up on the left arm folding on release.... definitely something I need to work on!

Speedster, can you send me a link for the connector? I’m using the robbys combined with the wall drill right now. Keep telling myself toe down, toe down...

I’m really considering going to a 10 finger grip vs my current overlap. The 10 finger really allows my right wrist to flatten out and keep the butt end/shaft more centered. Anybody have any thoughts on one grip vs. another?

> @adamnapes said:

> Jj. Thanks for the heads up on the left arm folding on release.... definitely something I need to work on!

>

> Speedster, can you send me a link for the connector? I’m using the robbys combined with the wall drill right now. Keep telling myself toe down, toe down...

>

> I’m really considering going to a 10 finger grip vs my current overlap. The 10 finger really allows my right wrist to flatten out and keep the butt end/shaft more centered. Anybody have any thoughts on one grip vs. another?

Bobby Walzel worked with JB back in 80s played w all 10 fingers know as a great ball striker as well as Bob Rosburg and i think Larry Nelson.Jay Cudd is who I watched hit balls as a kid @ Scioto was pure as they come w 10 fingers. Whatever works best for u bro

@adamnapes - here's the link for the connector https://jimmyballardgolf.com/product/swing-connector/?v=7516fd43adaa

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"

> @97speedster said:

> > @Ayersjj said:

> >

> > I Better start ? wearing glasses! Nice thought Colbert says he use to look at his caddie! Good company

> >

> I never had to think about going to my toe, as soon as I got my right side higher on the downswing it happened automatically. I got a good feel working, now I just have to groove it. JB has a bunch of film of Colbert on VHS that he is going to let me convert and upload to YouTube next time I see him. He also has mini tape from an answering machine of Gary Player saying how much JB had helped him with his game, alot of people don't know that JB helped Player 5 weeks before he won the Masters in 1977 and JB is the one who got Player stepping through his shots to stop him from getting stuck under it on the way down. Pretty cool

>

Great post ?

Im a flipper at the bottom and this is my only way out of the nightmare lefts. JB site talks about Hogan saying do exactly the opposite in the golf swing. A tennis ? forehand is about as close as I get to feels that seem like high right side or a visual of Chi Chil8byopgzreje.jpeg

![]

• Like 1

Say hey, from golfwrx own instruction page

Not a pure discussion of j.ballard, but darn sure a lot of Ballard elements in the search for more distance...dispels that myth I guess.

Mention of coil, knee etc behind ball, bend of lead elbow, soft arm,

http://www.golfwrx.com/552596/me-and-my-golf-bend-the-lead-arm-for-longer-drives/

Sutton needs a good session w JB to get rid of flip and 86 D A M N!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.shreveporttimes.com/amp/2801868002m31n0qu2hg7f.png

88y5siaoxs6e.png

Whos he talkn too? Dropping arms? Thats what the Flick debate was all about imo. Sutton was the king of firing the right side! This video seems like hes tryn to place the club in a positiin instead of big muscles

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/hal-sutton-swing-changes-comeback-pga-tour-champions

Every pro JB turned into a champ left him, primarily b/c he sticks to his principles and they all get tired of hearing the same thing. Bottomline, those same things over and over are CORRECT. Sutton, Strange, Lyle...they all were top of the game when they worked w/ JB. They left him, and w/ the exception of Sutton winning The Players, I don’t think any of them ever won again, post-JB. Their loss.

Hey everyone! Been a while since I posted on here. Hope all is well :)

Got a video of my swing from a few weeks ago. Sorry for the angle but my drunk Irish golfing friend took it (doh). Even better was I had no clue he was taking the video. Been struggling with consistency and (of course) trying other things out looking for a quick fix that never happens.

I FEEL like I am all upper body / arms and timing. If I'm having a good day, I can shoot low 80s. If its a bad day, I can card a 100. For some reason I can't feel the weight going forward to start the downswing without lowering the lead shoulder and my body/head are way past the ball and I am super steep.

Since I saw this video I have been working on using my body to take the club back...not my wrists....but consistency issues arise.

I have a 2-way miss (hooks and pushes to the right).

My main thing is "cover the ball at impact".

Any help/drills/feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Don, it is beyond me how you can shoot 100 with your swing. Do you routinely five putt? ;-)

I'm not sure that anybody is going to be able to pick out the fine points from so far away, at that angle. But what is visible is a straight and balanced finish, and a folded left arm. You must be a number of things right, to make those things happen. I can't see well enough to know what your problem is, but I'll bet you aren't as far off as you think.

This weekend really went bad. Thinking too much. Like all methods/swings need rhythm and a just hit the ball philosophy. I hate over thinking stuff lol. Speedster's advice for wider stance on chipping, pitches etc made a short game difference thanks you. Also think moving the head back with the coil is a game changer for me anyways.

I had a great lesson today with Brian Kelly at tOSU Golf Club, who I started my swing change process with last February or so. (If anyone cares, main problem was in set up - knees too bent, hands too low, and chin tucked/eyes down all causing me to pull the club too inside on my takeaway, which was causing problems with consistency. With a more upright/taller posture, raising the handle of the club, and moving closer to the ball, Brian got my swing back in sync, allowing the club to lift up instead of around). If you are in the Central Ohio area or are willing to travel a bit to get instruction from a Ballard disciple, do it. I can tell you from experience that the tips and videos in this thread are great, but they are no substitute for eyes on your swing with someone who teaches this method.

Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0 Fujikura Ventus Black TS 6S
Cobra LtdX 3 wood Fujikura Motore F1 60S
Callaway UW 21 *
Mizuno JPX 919 HMP Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S - 4-A
Mizuno  54* Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 Tour 120S

Titleist SM6 58*
LAB DF 2.1  33"