Is the Pro V1 in trouble?

Danny Choo

> @"North Texas" said:

> > @backhill said:

> > Three mentions:

> >

> > IF you take Rickie's win and very timely switch, Titleist's numbers would look much better with 5 against the field, but the switch was made, and so we have the list we have.

> >

> > Most course pro shops (even some retailers) have the PV in stock (not everyone). Sometimes I'm not as certain that I will find a sleeve of what I need on the shelf when I need it regarding the Chrome Soft, TP5, Bridgestones, and Srixons. Outside of the tour trend, the ProV love is still very strong for the people with change in their pocket. I even get excited when I find one out on the course.

> >

> > Obviously we are seeing a trend away from the PV on tour. As mentioned before, change is inevitable. When or how that change comes about is unknown. The 2019 TP5(x) numbers make it very interesting for those with high, tour-level, swing speeds.

>

> Can you provide the numbers that show we are obviously seeing a trend away from the PV on tour?

No hard numbers, just subjective optics. I think players on tour are finding more comparable, or better, with other makers. Obviously the PV is still dominating but I think their market share on tour has diminished slightly.

> @"GHIN n Juice" said:

> They may lose some market share but they are still the number one ball played on all major tours, college tournaments, major amateur tournaments, and are arguably the most recognized name in golf balls. I think their status is secure.

They have lost about 10% of their market share over the last two years as Callaway and Srixon have trimmed away their customer base. In trouble? Not dangerously.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

> @trackcoach13 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

>

> They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

• TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD80R
  • T200 17' 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 95S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

> @rgk5 said:

> > @"GHIN n Juice" said:

> > They may lose some market share but they are still the number one ball played on all major tours, college tournaments, major amateur tournaments, and are arguably the most recognized name in golf balls. I think their status is secure.

>

> They have lost about 10% of their market share over the last two years as Callaway and Srixon have trimmed away their customer base. In trouble? Not dangerously.

Callaway has less than 20% of market share and turkeys 44-45%. TM and Bridgestone are 5-6% behind Callaway and gaining. Callaway will lose 2nd place before anyone comes close to taking on #1

> @trackcoach13 said:

> > @FlyOver said:

> > > @rybo said:

> > > In a word yes. Since the beginning of the year it looks like the TP5 is leading in wins. With Titleist and Callaway tied. Bridgestone one or two back. Titleist has never had so much competition as they do now. :

> >

> > The TP5 is played by DJ, Rahm, Rory, Rose, and Fowler. How can they not have the majority of wins. Those are all top 10 players!

> >

> > Add Tiger and Day....The TP5 ball has 7 of the top 15 players in the world. Odds are a TP5 ball will win the Masters.

> >

>

> Tiger plays a Bridgestone B XS.

And hits it in the trees just as often as does a Titliest.

Ping G 10*- 44.5" Adjusted to 11*
Ping i3OS 4 thru UW
Cobra SS 5 wood

Cobra Speed LD 15* 3 Wood
Titleist Vokey 56* -SW
Ping Redwood- 34"
Callaway Supersoft

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @rgk5 said:

> > > @"GHIN n Juice" said:

> > > They may lose some market share but they are still the number one ball played on all major tours, college tournaments, major amateur tournaments, and are arguably the most recognized name in golf balls. I think their status is secure.

> >

> > They have lost about 10% of their market share over the last two years as Callaway and Srixon have trimmed away their customer base. In trouble? Not dangerously.

>

> Callaway has less than 20% of market share and turkeys 44-45%. TM and Bridgestone are 5-6% behind Callaway and gaining. Callaway will lose 2nd place before anyone comes close to taking on #1

Turkeys? Lose market share to whom?

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> >

> > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

>

> Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

You just don't get it do you?

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

> @starrman77 said:

> > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > @FlyOver said:

> > > > @rybo said:

> > > > In a word yes. Since the beginning of the year it looks like the TP5 is leading in wins. With Titleist and Callaway tied. Bridgestone one or two back. Titleist has never had so much competition as they do now. :

> > >

> > > The TP5 is played by DJ, Rahm, Rory, Rose, and Fowler. How can they not have the majority of wins. Those are all top 10 players!

> > >

> > > Add Tiger and Day....The TP5 ball has 7 of the top 15 players in the world. Odds are a TP5 ball will win the Masters.

> > >

> >

> > Tiger plays a Bridgestone B XS.

> And hits it in the trees just as often as does a Titliest.

>

Huh?

> @rgk5 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @rgk5 said:

> > > > @"GHIN n Juice" said:

> > > > They may lose some market share but they are still the number one ball played on all major tours, college tournaments, major amateur tournaments, and are arguably the most recognized name in golf balls. I think their status is secure.

> > >

> > > They have lost about 10% of their market share over the last two years as Callaway and Srixon have trimmed away their customer base. In trouble? Not dangerously.

> >

> > Callaway has less than 20% of market share and turkeys 44-45%. TM and Bridgestone are 5-6% behind Callaway and gaining. Callaway will lose 2nd place before anyone comes close to taking on #1

>

> Turkeys? Lose market share to whom?

Titleist

I personally think the Pro V1 is overrated. If others come to the same realization as me, then it will def be in trouble. You just can't tell me that it is THAT much better than what everyone else out there is offering. My instructor is sponsored by TaylorMade, and still plays the Pro V1. I asked him why, and he said that he loves the TP5, and it performs almost exactly the same for him as the Pro V1, but he has been playing the Titleist for a number of years, so he's just comfortable sticking with it. I feel like this is also true for a lot of other Pro V1 users at this time. They're just used to it, it performs well, so why switch. A new, younger audience will grow up in a world where several manufacturers are producing really good balls, and I think you will see much more diversity on Tour in the years to come. As the OP stated, we're already seeing more diversity now.

• Like 1

I haven’t seen a LM head to head test of the new Pro V1 balls against the new TP5 balls. The previous generation balls performed very similar. Maybe more-so the TP5 to Pro V1. If 5 layers is performing equal to 3 layer, is it not fair say Titleist is getting more from less so to speak? I wonder how much better a 4 layer Pro V1 would perform. I think most play the Pro V1 balls for their balanced performance.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

> @"The Real Pacman" said:

> **I personally think the Pro V1 is overrated.** If others come to the same realization as me, then it will def be in trouble. **You just can't tell me that it is THAT much better than what everyone else out there is offering. **My instructor is sponsored by TaylorMade, and still plays the Pro V1. I asked him why, and he said that he loves the TP5, and it performs almost exactly the same for him as the Pro V1, but he has been playing the Titleist for a number of years, so he's just comfortable sticking with it. I feel like this is also true for a lot of other Pro V1 users at this time. They're just used to it, **it performs well**, so why switch. A new, younger audience will grow up in a world where several manufacturers are producing really good balls, and I think you will see much more diversity on Tour in the years to come. As the OP stated, we're already seeing more diversity now.

You think the Pro V1 is overrated while admitting that it is better than every other ball and that it performs well? Okay.

When I started golf 30 years ago on a competitive level you played one of two balls basically...Titleist Tour balata or Maxfli HT. (The occasional Slazenger) Then came the Tour Edition..Strata...the ProV1...Callaway...Nike...Precept yada yada.

Now there are so many great choices at great prices. Competitively it will take a long time for Titleist to be in “trouble” based on reputation and history. However, business wise..their market share should continue to fall slowly because the younger generation is growing up with more choices and less stuck on the Titleist ball. That being said...the ProV1 family is not overrated. They are great golf balls. I have always been one to play other brands...was on Top flite staff, Bridgestone, Nike, Srixon, Callaway. I’m just that way, I’ve always played the lesser exposed clubs as well. But if I had to play one round with it all on the line. ProV1X would be my choice.

Cobra Aero LS 9 Fuji Evo IV 569 X

Honma TR21 15* VIZARD FP7 Stiff

Honma TR21 HY 18* VIZARD UT 7

Honma TR21 HY 21* VIZARD UT 8

Honma TR21X 5-11 VIZARD IBWF 100

HighToe MG3 54* VIZARD IB 120

HighToe MG3 58*/13 VIZARD IB 120

MackMade custom Slide MMT putter                         

It's been touched on before, but there's something to be said for how vertically integrated the Titleist ball manufacturing chain is, and how keyed in they are into quality control. Consistency is their company mantra. That should mean even more for AMs, as we don't have the luxury of hand picked lots of product.

Titleist's demise has been discussed since the balata days. Even then, there was a lot of innovation by others that never took hold. It was Titleist that lead everyone to the modern ball by explaining the advantages of lower spin higher flight "drop and stop" through Phil.

The number of players on tour using the ball is still the deciding factor in the pro shop. I don't think they are in trouble at all.

> @trackcoach13 said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > >

> > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> >

> > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> You just don't get it do you?

>

It evident I don't reason or play the game like you. Marketing gimmick...lol. I understand a great deal about business P&L and the game of golf. You, I am not so sure. Back in the Balata ball days, which I learned with, only a few tour players were paid to play a golf ball and it wasn't much. Today, golf ball contracts are NOT huge compared to equipment contracts, but more so, Titleist, like other OEM's only experience red ink from tour operations. TM is now reaching a similar pricing plateau too Titleist. If you think they are too pricey, fine. There are plenty of cheaper balls out there. You won't see Porsche pricing cars so the guy that buys Toyota can buy Porsche and I am not going to buy a Toyota either.

• TSR2 10° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° Talamonti PD80R
  • T200 17' 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 95S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 85S
  • T100 5i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

I've found this to be true. After trying every premium ball around and balking at the Pro V1 price, I realized Im not saving all that much going a different direction and the quality is consistently good. Only Srixon seems to be close, if not equal and the Pro V feels better to me so....

I have a pretty good friend who turned down a swanky job with another high end Golf Ball company because their production quality was not consistently up to Titleist's standards.

> @DZ973 said:

> Mannnn “inside sources” yadda yadda...

>

> You wanna know why Titleist is going to be #1 forever, especially on tours?

>

> It’s not because of ball flight characteristics, spin numbers or build..... ITS THEIR QUALITY CONTROL.

>

> Sure the TP5 is an amazing ball. Punches pound for pound with the pro V1. BUT fill a glass with a ton of epsom salt; put a dot (with a sharpie) on 12 TP5s, and put a dot on 12 ProV1s, and then float them.

>

> Now, does this matter to average joes like us? Absolutely not, but for the pros it’s a HUGE difference. And as the pros keep using titleists flagship ball (no matter what they call it) titleist will still use their same slogan in the commercials, and guys like us will STILL fork over the dough because we see it in the commercial, and hear the tag line.

>

> (Off my soapbox)

> @"Michael Ventana" said:

>

> I have a pretty good friend who turned down a swanky job with another high end Golf Ball company because their production quality was not consistently up to Titleist's standards.

>

I was offered the CEO's job at Pfizer but turned it down for the same reason.

> @DZ973 said:

> Mannnn “inside sources” yadda yadda...

>

> You wanna know why Titleist is going to be #1 forever, especially on tours?

>

> It’s not because of ball flight characteristics, spin numbers or build..... ITS THEIR QUALITY CONTROL.

>

> Sure the TP5 is an amazing ball. Punches pound for pound with the pro V1. BUT fill a glass with a ton of epsom salt; put a dot (with a sharpie) on 12 TP5s, and put a dot on 12 ProV1s, and then float them.

>

> Now, does this matter to average joes like us? Absolutely not, but for the pros it’s a HUGE difference. And as the pros keep using titleists flagship ball (no matter what they call it) titleist will still use their same slogan in the commercials, and guys like us will STILL fork over the dough because we see it in the commercial, and hear the tag line.

>

> (Off my soapbox)

I’m not following. What is the purpose of putting the dot on the balls? What does this experiment allegedly show?

> @Pepperturbo said:

> > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> >

> > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

>

> Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

$65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

> @FlashbackPT said:

> > @DZ973 said:

> > Mannnn “inside sources” yadda yadda...

> >

> > You wanna know why Titleist is going to be #1 forever, especially on tours?

> >

> > It’s not because of ball flight characteristics, spin numbers or build..... ITS THEIR QUALITY CONTROL.

> >

> > Sure the TP5 is an amazing ball. Punches pound for pound with the pro V1. BUT fill a glass with a ton of epsom salt; put a dot (with a sharpie) on 12 TP5s, and put a dot on 12 ProV1s, and then float them.

> >

> > Now, does this matter to average joes like us? Absolutely not, but for the pros it’s a HUGE difference. And as the pros keep using titleists flagship ball (no matter what they call it) titleist will still use their same slogan in the commercials, and guys like us will STILL fork over the dough because we see it in the commercial, and hear the tag line.

> >

> > (Off my soapbox)

>

> I’m not following. What is the purpose of putting the dot on the balls? What does this experiment allegedly show?

I guess DJ has hires someone to float hundreds of TP5's so he can find a few to play. Maybe Justin Rose and Jason Day as well.

Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

> @Quasimoto said:

> > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > >

> > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> >

> > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

>

> $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Quasimoto said:

> > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > >

> > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > >

> > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> >

> > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

>

> That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

> @Quasimoto said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > >

> > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > >

> > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > >

> > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> >

> > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

>

> Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Quasimoto said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > >

> > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > >

> > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > >

> > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> >

> > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

>

> Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

Titleist is the #1 ball on all of the major tours and very much a traditionalist ball. There’s something heart warming when I open a sleeve of them. That said, I haven’t personally bought a box of Titleist balls (I did buy a sleeve of AVX and thought they performed well) in several years, just received several boxes as gifts. When buying balls in recent years, I’ve tried Callaway, Srixon, Bridgestone and Vice. The Vice weren’t very durable but the others were all similar.

> @Quasimoto said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > >

> > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > >

> > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > >

> > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> >

> > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

>

> So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

So for less than $.50 a ball (Cdn no less) you would play a ball that you thought was inferior ?

How much does a round of golf cost again ??? Sheesh.....................

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @Quasimoto said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > > >

> > > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > > >

> > > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> > >

> > > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

> >

> > So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> > Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

>

> So for less than $.50 a ball (Cdn no less) you would play a ball that you thought was inferior ?

>

> How much does a round of golf cost again ??? Sheesh.....................

>

You misunderstand what I wrote. I am claiming the TM balls are not inferior. There are at least hundreds of posts on this site where people view all the top urethane balls as fairly equal, and differences just suit each person's swing and ball flight peculiarities.

My point is, for someone to disparage the TM balls in favour of Titleist by claiming them to be inferior in some way is ludicrous. Again 3 of the top 5 players in the world right now use them, and that gives them at least some measure of credibility and respect. FWIW I play Titleist AVX as well as TP5. Windy - AVX, not windy TP5.

The fact that TM's are marginally cheaper is relevant for some people. But they are not inferior by any measure according the acceptance from PGA players.

Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

> @Quasimoto said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > >

> > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > >

> > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > >

> > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> >

> > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

>

> So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

Make no mistake about it, those 3 top 5 players are getting paid big bucks to play the ball they play. And probably more than any other ball manufacturer would pay them.