Taylormade M5 & M6 Woods - Pics added page 46

chadillac65

> @Hedgehog said:

> > @9ironiscash said:

> > Hey guys I’m sure this was probably discussed when twist face first came out, but what type of miss would actually be worse with twist face? For instance my miss is often high toe- is this designed to help with it or will it exaggerate it? Thanks!

>

> I can hit a nice high draw with my M4 d-type but the normal version the ball tends to slice form the high toe. Recommend you go out and test how it works for you instead of listening what it does to other because it's really depends on the individual.

>

>

> > @Therealpatgiles said:

> > The kit came with 2 weights. They we're supposed to be 13.5 and were more like 13.9. I had requested d3 from taylormade but the head was 195g when I got it.

>

> Not sure but those weight sound super heavy compared to the 4gr that's originally in the head. I think 205gr head will most likely be a bit more then a D3, unless you play a really short shaft..

The original weights in my head were 9.3 grams each. I was at 195 with those weights. I do play a 44.5in driver, my irons are all .5 short. My m3 was around 203 with the heavy weights.

> @Therealpatgiles said:

> > @Hedgehog said:

> > > @9ironiscash said:

> > > Hey guys I’m sure this was probably discussed when twist face first came out, but what type of miss would actually be worse with twist face? For instance my miss is often high toe- is this designed to help with it or will it exaggerate it? Thanks!

> >

> > I can hit a nice high draw with my M4 d-type but the normal version the ball tends to slice form the high toe. Recommend you go out and test how it works for you instead of listening what it does to other because it's really depends on the individual.

> >

> >

> > > @Therealpatgiles said:

> > > The kit came with 2 weights. They we're supposed to be 13.5 and were more like 13.9. I had requested d3 from taylormade but the head was 195g when I got it.

> >

> > Not sure but those weight sound super heavy compared to the 4gr that's originally in the head. I think 205gr head will most likely be a bit more then a D3, unless you play a really short shaft..

>

> The original weights in my head were 9.3 grams each. I was at 195 with those weights. I do play a 44.5in driver, my irons are all .5 short. My m3 was around 203 with the heavy weights.

Sorry my bad, was under the impression you had an M6, but I see in your signature you have an M5.

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5 Stability Tour / Titleist ProV1x

> @dachtor said:

> FYI - Taylormade has an offer running now online where you get 150% of "normal" trade value when applying towards an M5 or M6. I was going to get the new Mizuno ST190G driver, but I have so much extra **** lying around that I may just put it towards an M5 or M6.

>

> That said, can anyone share launch info? I've always played a 9.5 degree driver, but I'm not sure whether to go with a 9 degree or a 10.5. I'm leaning towards the 9, but I DON'T want to have to increase loft as that closes the face. I scrolled thru about 6 pages of this thread, but didn't see a quick answer so that's why I'm asking. Thanks!

I had same decision. Ended up going 10.5 figuring dial it down to 9.75. Hoping it doesn't launch to high but I went up in loft thinkin it is low spin driver so high launch low spin should be benificial?

I find the M5 to launch higher compared to my old driver (M2, G400 LST) or others drivers that I’ve tried. I didn’t spend a lot of time with the M6 because I liked the numbers I was getting with the 10.5 M5, which is what I ended up getting through the tradein program.

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

> @sbjinx said:

> I find the M5 to launch higher compared to my old driver (M2, G400 LST) or others drivers that I’ve tried. I didn’t spend a lot of time with the M6 because I liked the numbers I was getting with the 10.5 M5, which is what I ended up getting through the tradein program.

I found the same thing when i tried the 9.5 M5 Tour and it also spun more.

> @dachtor said:

> FYI - Taylormade has an offer running now online where you get 150% of "normal" trade value when applying towards an M5 or M6. I was going to get the new Mizuno ST190G driver, but I have so much extra **** lying around that I may just put it towards an M5 or M6.

>

> That said, can anyone share launch info? I've always played a 9.5 degree driver, but I'm not sure whether to go with a 9 degree or a 10.5. I'm leaning towards the 9, but I DON'T want to have to increase loft as that closes the face. I scrolled thru about 6 pages of this thread, but didn't see a quick answer so that's why I'm asking. Thanks!

Seems most people are dropping down in loft IF the spin isn’t adversely affected. My M4 10.5° (true loft) versus my M6 10.5° (true loft) had very similar spin numbers however the M6 launched a full degree higher. The higher launch with near ideal spin gave me a few yards more carry with better accuracy compared to my M4.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Here is a good comparison in the m5 and m6

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

gx6q9a93ttk1.jpeg

xbcbg887dbh9.jpeg

See how this gets along. Will try the PO70tx as well in there

Tri-hot double wide 

Anyone using Billy Bobs weight in the M6 notice the 8.5 gram won’t go all the way in? The threads are all in, but it sticks out some.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Also...

Why Does TM produce the WORST headcovers?

Callaway, Titleist, PXG all offer waaayyyyy better stuff. This one on my m6 feels as thin as toilet paper. Just garbage

• Like 1

Tri-hot double wide 

Got to the range yesterday with the m6 and pro orange combo for the first time. Man, i love the look, feel and sound of this thing! And just by seeing the flight it is perfect. Flat bombs. Have lead tape on it to 199g as it was 193g stock. The weight up near the face might be helping with spin, but I like it. Will do some more testing with the m4 and the T1100 shaft. Will interchange them and see which combo works out. But so far the m6 is winning out

Tri-hot double wide 

> @mikewohlwend said:

> Does anyone know the stock shaft lengths on the M6 3 & 5 woods? I have ones that I ordered and was looking at shafts for them. Just not sure the length I need to buy for standard length.

Are you looking for the standard playing length because that is on the TM site. Or are you are looking for the length of shaft you need to have it play stock length?

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

> @noodle3872 said:

> > @mikewohlwend said:

> > Does anyone know the stock shaft lengths on the M6 3 & 5 woods? I have ones that I ordered and was looking at shafts for them. Just not sure the length I need to buy for standard length.

>

> Are you looking for the standard playing length because that is on the TM site. Or are you are looking for the length of shaft you need to have it play stock length?

>

>

Length of a shaft to have it play stock

> @mikewohlwend said:

> > @noodle3872 said:

> > > @mikewohlwend said:

> > > Does anyone know the stock shaft lengths on the M6 3 & 5 woods? I have ones that I ordered and was looking at shafts for them. Just not sure the length I need to buy for standard length.

> >

> > Are you looking for the standard playing length because that is on the TM site. Or are you are looking for the length of shaft you need to have it play stock length?

> >

> >

>

> Length of a shaft to have it play stock

IIRC, 3 wood should be about 42.5” to play 43.25”.

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Just got to play my 3rd round with the M6 3fw in the bag, my god this thing is a beast off the tee, high draw is so easy to hit from the high toe of the twistface.

No reason to pull the driver since this thing goes like stink.

• Like 1

G430 Max 10K Hzrdus RDX Red 60 / Ping G430 Max 5fw KBS TD 70 / Titleist TSi2 4Hy  Tensei CK Pro Orange 80HY 

Ping iBlade 4-PW Modus3 120 / Cleveland RTX2.0 50° DG S200 / Ping Glide3.0 56° DG TI S400 / Ping Glide4.0 60° DG TI S400

> @Hedgehog said:

> Just got to play my 3rd round with the M6 3fw in the bag, my god this thing is a beast off the tee, high draw is so easy to hit from the high toe of the twistface.

> No reason to pull the driver since this thing goes like stink.

>

>

I agree. I have the m6 rocket 3 for about a week now. Great fairway! Very easy to hit off the turf and bomber off the tee.

PXG Black Ops Tour 1 Fujikura Motore X F3

PXG Black Ops 3 wood hzrdus black

PXG Black Ops 17* hybrid hzrdus black

TaylorMade P770 4-9 KBS Tour

TaylorMade  MG 46/52/58wedges

TaylorMade Spider mallet 72 putter

> @eebomb said:

> Just got m6 10.5 loft today. Does anyone else think when looking down it looks like alot of loft? Coming from 2016 M2 9.5 and the m6 when addressing ball and looking down you see alot of the face which I never did with m2. Looks like a 5 wood vo7v4jr5xw7t.jpg

>

10,5 is always going to show more face then 9,5°...

M6 3 wood is calling my name! Like to hit 3 wood off the tee a lot where I play. This might be an upgrade over my ‘16 M2 3 wood.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

One more tipping point for the M6 yesterday. The F9 is great on low strikes but feels like it looses some ball speed on high strikes. Im working on my swing and trying to eliminate the excess tilt I get with the driver so strike point is moving up the face.

Yesterday with the M6 in the bag I was playing a shamble, downhill/downwind par 5 so I wanted tee it high and loft up a high launch/low spin bomb. The M6 did extactly that, laser verified at 353 yards. Not sure that would occurred with the F9. 2 holes before there was a dogleg right (also down hill, 338 yards hole). Hit a high cut around the dog leg and ended up 5 yards short of the green.

> @Krt22 said:

> One more tipping point for the M6 yesterday. The F9 is great on low strikes but feels like it looses some ball speed on high strikes. Im working on my swing and trying to eliminate the excess tilt I get with the driver so strike point is moving up the face.

>

> Yesterday with the M6 in the bag I was playing a shamble, downhill/downwind par 5 so I wanted tee it high and loft up a high launch/low spin bomb. The M6 did extactly that, laser verified at 353 yards. Not sure that would occurred with the F9. 2 holes before there was a dogleg right (also down hill, 338 yards hole). Hit a high cut around the dog leg and ended up 5 yards short of the green.

I have similar sentiments about the F9. Though my launch monitor numbers seem to say otherwise, I just felt that I was leaving a lot of distance on the tee with the F9. Though I am finding more fairways, I am I am 20 yards short of where the LM says I should be.

Titleist TSR2+ 12.75*
Ping G425 19.5*

Titleist TS2 4h 22*
Ping i210 5-PW
Vokey SM8 52*/58*
Ping Prime Tyne
Titleist Pro V1