Sun Mountain 2.5+ vs 3.5

Has anyone gone from one or the other? Walking is main concern. I do have a push cart but it’s more of a pita to get out. So I was looking for a lighter weight bag.. I was traveling recently and was able to compare them but only briefly. Seemed like the 3.5 had better straps and better pocket layouts. The main advantage the 2.5 is the weight. 2.7lbs vs 3.6lbs
Any insight?

Comments

• PhreddyPhreddy Members Posts: 618 ✭✭

I put 3.5 straps on a 2.5 and had the best of both worlds.

If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.
  • Dubv23Dubv23 Members Posts: 721 ✭✭

I like the 3.5 better. Just as easy of a carry with more & smarter pockets and top organization (2019 version)

The extra pound is not noticeable and it's an extremely comfortable bag to carry.

• buntabunta Members Posts: 610 ✭✭

@Dubv23 said:
    I like the 3.5 better. Just as easy of a carry with more & smarter pockets and top organization (2019 version)

The extra pound is not noticeable and it's an extremely comfortable bag to carry.

i have the 2.5+ with upgraded straps (call sun mountain). Its great.

That extra pound is absolutely noticeable .

TS3 9.5
    s55 4-PW
    SM7 50/54/58
    Anser 2
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers Posts: 2,400 ✭✭

@Phreddy said:

exactly what I did.

having said that, now using a hoofer which Is double the weight but carries better.

• Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
  • Dubv23Dubv23 Members Posts: 721 ✭✭

@bunta said:

@Dubv23 said:

i have the 2.5+ with upgraded straps (call sun mountain). Its great.

That extra pound is absolutely noticeable .

I guess if you have a store with both bags you should buy both and test them for yourself because I owned both bags last year and would choose the 3.5 in a heartbeat.

• brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,755 ✭✭

I prefer the 3.5LS over the 2.5. I use the 2018 3.5LS, found it to be a much more balanced carry vs the 2.5 which made it feel more comfortable to me. Bonus of better pockets and straps, as well as more room for clubs.

PING i20 10.5*
    Adams LP 15*
    Adams a7 19*
    Titleist 718 AP1
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M
    Odyssey White Hot #1
  • kmbeankmbean Members Posts: 918 ✭✭

I like the 2.5 a lot it’s a feather

• Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 ClubWRX Posts: 802 ClubWRX
    edited Apr 21, 2019 12:12am #9

@scott_Donald said:

@Phreddy said:

exactly what I did.

having said that, now using a hoofer which Is double the weight but carries better.

Which straps from the 3.5? They're listed on the site as the same (by description: X-strap Dual Strap System).

I see they're a little thicker. I'll likely order the 2.5 with the 3.5 straps.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ @ 9º
    Taylormade M5 3W @ 15º
    Ping G410 2H @ 17º
    Taylormade P•7TW 4-PW
    Cobra King 50º, 54º, 58º
    Artisan 0117 Deep Milled

• scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers Posts: 2,400 ✭✭

@Cruisin1966 said:

@scott_Donald said:

@Phreddy said:

exactly what I did.

Which straps from the 3.5? They're listed on the site as the same (by description: X-strap Dual Strap System).

I see they're a little thicker. I'll likely order the 2.5 with the 3.5 straps.

I took mine directly from my H2NO. still the same straps on them.

This is from their website -
    Yes, some bags are able to be re-strapped in the field, others need to be ordered re-strapped. If you would like to order a bag with a different strap, please use our FIND A RETAILER feature and order the bag with a different configuration. If you need clarification on your options, please call our Customer Service line 1-800-227-9224, Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (MST).

• Taylormade M3 8.5* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217