Sun Mountain 2.5+ vs 3.5

wagsgt ·  
wagsgtwagsgt Members  671WRX Points: 139Posts: 671 Golden Tee

Has anyone gone from one or the other? Walking is main concern. I do have a push cart but it’s more of a pita to get out. So I was looking for a lighter weight bag.. I was traveling recently and was able to compare them but only briefly. Seemed like the 3.5 had better straps and better pocket layouts. The main advantage the 2.5 is the weight. 2.7lbs vs 3.6lbs
Any insight?

Posted:

Comments

• PhreddyPhreddy Members  733WRX Points: 272Posts: 733 Golden Tee

I put 3.5 straps on a 2.5 and had the best of both worlds.

Posted:
    If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Dubv23Dubv23 Members  732WRX Points: 107Posts: 732 Golden Tee

I like the 3.5 better. Just as easy of a carry with more & smarter pockets and top organization (2019 version)

The extra pound is not noticeable and it's an extremely comfortable bag to carry.

Posted:
  • buntabunta Members  810WRX Points: 479Posts: 810 Golden Tee

On -, @Dubv23 said:

I like the 3.5 better. Just as easy of a carry with more & smarter pockets and top organization (2019 version)

The extra pound is not noticeable and it's an extremely comfortable bag to carry.

i have the 2.5+ with upgraded straps (call sun mountain). Its great.

That extra pound is absolutely noticeable .

Posted:
    TS3 / 785 / SM7 / Juno
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers  2762WRX Points: 353Posts: 2,762 Titanium Tees

On -, @Phreddy said:

exactly what I did.

having said that, now using a hoofer which Is double the weight but carries better.

Posted:
    • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Artisan 46*, 50* C taper X
    • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
  • Dubv23Dubv23 Members  732WRX Points: 107Posts: 732 Golden Tee

On -, @bunta said:

On -, @Dubv23 said:

i have the 2.5+ with upgraded straps (call sun mountain). Its great.

That extra pound is absolutely noticeable .

I guess if you have a store with both bags you should buy both and test them for yourself because I owned both bags last year and would choose the 3.5 in a heartbeat.

Posted:
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers  3615WRX Points: 599Handicap: 8.2Posts: 3,615 Titanium Tees

I prefer the 3.5LS over the 2.5. I use the 2018 3.5LS, found it to be a much more balanced carry vs the 2.5 which made it feel more comfortable to me. Bonus of better pockets and straps, as well as more room for clubs.

Posted:

Sun Mountain 2.5+

PING i20 10.5*

Cobra King F9 5/6

Adams a7 19*

PING G25 23*

Cleveland TA5 Gunmetal 4-D

Titleist SM7 52.08F, 58.08M

PING BeCu Anser

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • kmbeankmbean Members  1034WRX Points: 170Posts: 1,034 Platinum Tees

I like the 2.5 a lot it’s a feather

Posted:
  • Cruisin1966Cruisin1966 Calgary, ABClubWRX  1132WRX Points: 314Handicap: 10.2Posts: 1,132 ClubWRX

On -, @scott_Donald said:

On -, @Phreddy said:

exactly what I did.

having said that, now using a hoofer which Is double the weight but carries better.

Which straps from the 3.5? They're listed on the site as the same (by description: X-strap Dual Strap System).

I see they're a little thicker. I'll likely order the 2.5 with the 3.5 straps.

Posted:

**Retro Bag**
    Driver: Ping G LS Tec 9º
    Fairway: Titleist 915F 3W 15º
    Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 2H 18º
    Irons: Taylormade RAC Forged CB/TP 3-PW
    Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP 52º; Nike VR Pro Forged Brushed Oxide Raw 58º
    Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach 1

• scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers  2762WRX Points: 353Posts: 2,762 Titanium Tees

On -, @Cruisin1966 said:

On -, @scott_Donald said:

On -, @Phreddy said:

exactly what I did.

Which straps from the 3.5? They're listed on the site as the same (by description: X-strap Dual Strap System).

I see they're a little thicker. I'll likely order the 2.5 with the 3.5 straps.

I took mine directly from my H2NO. still the same straps on them.

This is from their website -
    Yes, some bags are able to be re-strapped in the field, others need to be ordered re-strapped. If you would like to order a bag with a different strap, please use our FIND A RETAILER feature and order the bag with a different configuration. If you need clarification on your options, please call our Customer Service line 1-800-227-9224, Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (MST).

Posted:
    • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Artisan 46*, 50* C taper X
    • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.