March Madness - 2019 NCAA Basketball Tournament Discussion

Mych

> @CHuntsman said:

> > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > @CHuntsman said:th

> > > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > > I think for Duke, Zion and JR are weak free throw shooters. I think it’s going to cost them a game.

> > > >

> > > > ****!

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I swear to god. When RJ got fouled with 6.6 seconds left, the fist thing that came to mind was "Deadsolidshank"! I'm a die hard Dukie so that was hard to watch. How does Zion not get a shot up in the last 1:45 in the game. Dare I say Izzo out coached K?

> >

> > This is blasphemous to say, but I don’t think it’s the first time it’s happened lately. For the life of me I cannot understand how he doesn’t have Zion on the block, with the ball at least going through him, every single possession down the stretch. He uncoverable one on one, and smart enough to recognize the double team and make the appropriate pass. But the ball HAS to go through him.

> > I think Duke has come to rely too much on their blue chippers. They need someone who will do the little things like box out on the defensive end, and maybe once in a while, rotate and provide a little defensive help.

> >

>

> I texted my father the same thing. Why isn't he getting the ball on the block every possession or him and RJ running a little 2-man game. It seems when he was getting the ball he was at least 15-20' away from the basket. Agree on the chippers. The is one of the worst shooting teams I can remember. Give me 5 or 6 guys who stay 3-4 years rather than a few 1 and done studs. Reddish NBA stock had to drop a bit. He didn't have a good tourney. Some of those dudes from MSU looked 35!

I don’t think Reddish did much the last half the season. I thought O’Connell should of even played more since he’s really their only good perimeter shooter, but man he loses his guy on defense a lot. And turns it over. White could have helped, but he can’t throw it in the ocean if he’s standing on the beach. I don’t know. Disappointing, I wanted to watch Zion some more, guy is just fun to watch.

I agree 150%, I HATE all the “one and dones”. And let’s be real, the majority of those guys are playing for an NBA contract, not their school.

I saw the same thing. Zion was almost taken out of the offense at the end. I felt like the same thing happened to Edwards in the UVA vs Purdue game. He went a stretch where every possession started and ended with him, then all of a sudden for about 5 straight possessions in the last few minutes he didn't touch the ball and didn't look like he was trying to. It could just be my perception and watching his body language, but it looked like something changed where he knew he wasn't getting the next couple shots.

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > @CHuntsman said:

> > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > @CHuntsman said:th

> > > > > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > > > I think for Duke, Zion and JR are weak free throw shooters. I think it’s going to cost them a game.

> > > > >

> > > > > ****!

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I swear to god. When RJ got fouled with 6.6 seconds left, the fist thing that came to mind was "Deadsolidshank"! I'm a die hard Dukie so that was hard to watch. How does Zion not get a shot up in the last 1:45 in the game. Dare I say Izzo out coached K?

> > >

> > > This is blasphemous to say, but I don’t think it’s the first time it’s happened lately. For the life of me I cannot understand how he doesn’t have Zion on the block, with the ball at least going through him, every single possession down the stretch. He uncoverable one on one, and smart enough to recognize the double team and make the appropriate pass. But the ball HAS to go through him.

> > > I think Duke has come to rely too much on their blue chippers. They need someone who will do the little things like box out on the defensive end, and maybe once in a while, rotate and provide a little defensive help.

> > >

> >

> > I texted my father the same thing. Why isn't he getting the ball on the block every possession or him and RJ running a little 2-man game. It seems when he was getting the ball he was at least 15-20' away from the basket. Agree on the chippers. The is one of the worst shooting teams I can remember. Give me 5 or 6 guys who stay 3-4 years rather than a few 1 and done studs. Reddish NBA stock had to drop a bit. He didn't have a good tourney. Some of those dudes from MSU looked 35!

>

> I don’t think Reddish did much the last half the season. I thought O’Connell should of even played more since he’s really their only good perimeter shooter, but man he loses his guy on defense a lot. And turns it over. White could have helped, but he can’t throw it in the ocean if he’s standing on the beach. I don’t know. Disappointing, I wanted to watch Zion some more, guy is just fun to watch.

>

> I agree 150%, I HATE all the “one and dones”. And let’s be real, the majority of those guys are playing for an NBA contract, not their school.

>

Jack White can kick rocks back to Australia as far as i'm concerned, turrible. a little Surprised Goldwire didn't get any minutes. He played well the first few games. HeII, even throw Vrankovich out there for some fouls.

> @CHuntsman said:

> > > @CHuntsman said:

> > > > > @CHuntsman said:th

> > > > > > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > > > > I think for Duke, Zion and JR are weak free throw shooters. I think it’s going to cost them a game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ****!

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I swear to god. When RJ got fouled with 6.6 seconds left, the fist thing that came to mind was "Deadsolidshank"! I'm a die hard Dukie so that was hard to watch. How does Zion not get a shot up in the last 1:45 in the game. Dare I say Izzo out coached K?

> > > >

> > > > This is blasphemous to say, but I don’t think it’s the first time it’s happened lately. For the life of me I cannot understand how he doesn’t have Zion on the block, with the ball at least going through him, every single possession down the stretch. He uncoverable one on one, and smart enough to recognize the double team and make the appropriate pass. But the ball HAS to go through him.

> > > > I think Duke has come to rely too much on their blue chippers. They need someone who will do the little things like box out on the defensive end, and maybe once in a while, rotate and provide a little defensive help.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I texted my father the same thing. Why isn't he getting the ball on the block every possession or him and RJ running a little 2-man game. It seems when he was getting the ball he was at least 15-20' away from the basket. Agree on the chippers. The is one of the worst shooting teams I can remember. Give me 5 or 6 guys who stay 3-4 years rather than a few 1 and done studs. Reddish NBA stock had to drop a bit. He didn't have a good tourney. Some of those dudes from MSU looked 35!

> >

> > I don’t think Reddish did much the last half the season. I thought O’Connell should of even played more since he’s really their only good perimeter shooter, but man he loses his guy on defense a lot. And turns it over. White could have helped, but he can’t throw it in the ocean if he’s standing on the beach. I don’t know. Disappointing, I wanted to watch Zion some more, guy is just fun to watch.

> >

> > I agree 150%, I HATE all the “one and dones”. And let’s be real, the majority of those guys are playing for an NBA contract, not their school.

> >

>

> Jack White can kick rocks back to Australia as far as i'm concerned, turrible. a little Surprised Goldwire didn't get any minutes. He played well the first few games. HeII, even throw Vrankovich out there for some fouls.

Vrankovich (thanks for putting his name in, I can never remember it) is the guy I thought could help. Especially against Virg Tech, Blackshear gave them fits with his size. Guys get a chance on occasion then get buried back on the bench. Goldwire would have help them defensively. But he can’t shoot either.

> @CaddiesFault said:

> Cam Reddish and Trey need to stay another year.

> RJ Barrett looks like a future Wiggins/Ingram in the NBA.

> Ja Morant has moved to my #2 pick.

> Izzo def got the best of coach K last night.

> Carson Edwards made himself some money over the last 2 weeks. Draft stock rising!

And Deandre Hunter for Virginia has cost himself a lot of money. He went from "future lottery pick" to possibly needing to come back to Virginia for another year. Lots of potential/upside, but he has regressed since last year, and even since a month ago.

In the 5 games leading into the ACC tournament, his point totals were 20, 20, 10, 26, 18, accounting for more than 30% of the team's offense in 3 of those 5 games.

Since the beginning of the ACC tournament, his totals have been 12, 21, 9, 16, 13, 23 (1 vs 16 Gardner Webb), 10, 11, 10 (OT game against Purdue). In the last month minus the Gardner Webb game, he's about 15-20% of the offense.

In the part of the season where the team needs a potent scoring threat, he has been timid and nearly invisible.

WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

> @Mych said:

> > @CaddiesFault said:

> > Cam Reddish and Trey need to stay another year.

> > RJ Barrett looks like a future Wiggins/Ingram in the NBA.

> > Ja Morant has moved to my #2 pick.

> > Izzo def got the best of coach K last night.

> > Carson Edwards made himself some money over the last 2 weeks. Draft stock rising!

>

> And Deandre Hunter for Virginia has cost himself a lot of money. He went from "future lottery pick" to possibly needing to come back to Virginia for another year. Lots of potential/upside, but he has regressed since last year, and even since a month ago.

>

> In the 5 games leading into the ACC tournament, his point totals were 20, 20, 10, 26, 18, accounting for more than 30% of the team's offense in 3 of those 5 games.

>

> Since the beginning of the ACC tournament, his totals have been 12, 21, 9, 16, 13, 23 (1 vs 16 Gardner Webb), 10, 11, 10 (OT game against Purdue). In the last month minus the Gardner Webb game, he's about 15-20% of the offense.

>

> In the part of the season where the team needs a potent scoring threat, he has been timid and nearly invisible.

Absolutely. He better show himself in workouts, etc if he declares. He like reddish was not assertive, didnt play the defense that he was acclaimed to have, and hasnt had the intensity of other stoppers like trey jones & zion. He needs to have a shining moment next weekend for sure. Hes lucky to have another chance to redeem himself.

Callaway

Saturday is way too long to wait! I actually rewatched two of the elite 8 games last night. I'm starting to go through March Madness withdrawal.

• Like 1

> @CHuntsman said:

> > > @CHuntsman said:th

> > > > > I think for Duke, Zion and JR are weak free throw shooters. I think it’s going to cost them a game.

> > > >

> > > > ****!

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > I swear to god. When RJ got fouled with 6.6 seconds left, the fist thing that came to mind was "Deadsolidshank"! I'm a die hard Dukie so that was hard to watch. How does Zion not get a shot up in the last 1:45 in the game. Dare I say Izzo out coached K?

> >

> > This is blasphemous to say, but I don’t think it’s the first time it’s happened lately. For the life of me I cannot understand how he doesn’t have Zion on the block, with the ball at least going through him, every single possession down the stretch. He uncoverable one on one, and smart enough to recognize the double team and make the appropriate pass. But the ball HAS to go through him.

> > I think Duke has come to rely too much on their blue chippers. They need someone who will do the little things like box out on the defensive end, and maybe once in a while, rotate and provide a little defensive help.

> >

>

> I texted my father the same thing. Why isn't he getting the ball on the block every possession or him and RJ running a little 2-man game. It seems when he was getting the ball he was at least 15-20' away from the basket. Agree on the chippers. The is one of the worst shooting teams I can remember. Give me 5 or 6 guys who stay 3-4 years rather than a few 1 and done studs. Reddish NBA stock had to drop a bit. He didn't have a good tourney. Some of those dudes from MSU looked 35!

They were trying to get it to Zion. At one point like 10 straight entry passes were deflected or stolen.

RJ absorbing a lot of blame but they really were trying to get it to Zion on the block and couldn't

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> @CaddiesFault said:

> Cam Reddish and Trey need to stay another year.

> RJ Barrett looks like a future Wiggins/Ingram in the NBA.

> Ja Morant has moved to my #2 pick.

> Izzo def got the best of coach K last night.

> Carson Edwards made himself some money over the last 2 weeks. Draft stock rising!

Barrett tries really hard and has a handle. Wiggins doesn't try really hard and can't dribble a ball twice without getting it stolen

Barrett playing with shooters will be really good. Put him on the Hawks for example and they'd be fine. He'll be a better pro than he was in college because of spacing in the NBA. He can beat guys off the dribble which not many 6'8 guys can do. He has nice form on his jumper. If he can just be a 35% shooter from 3 he will be a great pro. I'd for sure take him #2

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> @MtlJeff said:

> > @CHuntsman said:

> > > > @CHuntsman said:th

> > > > > > I think for Duke, Zion and JR are weak free throw shooters. I think it’s going to cost them a game.

> > > > >

> > > > > ****!

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I swear to god. When RJ got fouled with 6.6 seconds left, the fist thing that came to mind was "Deadsolidshank"! I'm a die hard Dukie so that was hard to watch. How does Zion not get a shot up in the last 1:45 in the game. Dare I say Izzo out coached K?

> > >

> > > This is blasphemous to say, but I don’t think it’s the first time it’s happened lately. For the life of me I cannot understand how he doesn’t have Zion on the block, with the ball at least going through him, every single possession down the stretch. He uncoverable one on one, and smart enough to recognize the double team and make the appropriate pass. But the ball HAS to go through him.

> > > I think Duke has come to rely too much on their blue chippers. They need someone who will do the little things like box out on the defensive end, and maybe once in a while, rotate and provide a little defensive help.

> > >

> >

> > I texted my father the same thing. Why isn't he getting the ball on the block every possession or him and RJ running a little 2-man game. It seems when he was getting the ball he was at least 15-20' away from the basket. Agree on the chippers. The is one of the worst shooting teams I can remember. Give me 5 or 6 guys who stay 3-4 years rather than a few 1 and done studs. Reddish NBA stock had to drop a bit. He didn't have a good tourney. Some of those dudes from MSU looked 35!

>

> They were trying to get it to Zion. At one point like 10 straight entry passes were deflected or stolen.

>

> RJ absorbing a lot of blame but they really were trying to get it to Zion on the block and couldn't

What mas MSU doing defensively done the stretch Jeff, I didn’t get to see the second half.

> > @MtlJeff said:

> > > @CHuntsman said:

> > > > > @CHuntsman said:th

> > > > > > > I think for Duke, Zion and JR are weak free throw shooters. I think it’s going to cost them a game.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ****!

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I swear to god. When RJ got fouled with 6.6 seconds left, the fist thing that came to mind was "Deadsolidshank"! I'm a die hard Dukie so that was hard to watch. How does Zion not get a shot up in the last 1:45 in the game. Dare I say Izzo out coached K?

> > > >

> > > > This is blasphemous to say, but I don’t think it’s the first time it’s happened lately. For the life of me I cannot understand how he doesn’t have Zion on the block, with the ball at least going through him, every single possession down the stretch. He uncoverable one on one, and smart enough to recognize the double team and make the appropriate pass. But the ball HAS to go through him.

> > > > I think Duke has come to rely too much on their blue chippers. They need someone who will do the little things like box out on the defensive end, and maybe once in a while, rotate and provide a little defensive help.

> > > >

> > >

> > > I texted my father the same thing. Why isn't he getting the ball on the block every possession or him and RJ running a little 2-man game. It seems when he was getting the ball he was at least 15-20' away from the basket. Agree on the chippers. The is one of the worst shooting teams I can remember. Give me 5 or 6 guys who stay 3-4 years rather than a few 1 and done studs. Reddish NBA stock had to drop a bit. He didn't have a good tourney. Some of those dudes from MSU looked 35!

> >

> > They were trying to get it to Zion. At one point like 10 straight entry passes were deflected or stolen.

> >

> > RJ absorbing a lot of blame but they really were trying to get it to Zion on the block and couldn't

>

> What mas MSU doing defensively done the stretch Jeff, I didn’t get to see the second half.

>

Fronting, getting hands up and defending like madmen if I recall.

They needed to get Zion the ball on the wing, or try to. Even my dad who doesn't know basketball was like "why do they keep passing to him there?"

It was a good defensive job by MSU. So much has been made of Zion being the almighty. He is a GREAT player, but Michigan State played really good defense down the stretch in the paint. And RJ did not get up quality shots either

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> @MtlJeff said:

> > > @MtlJeff said:

> > > > @CHuntsman said:

> > > > > > @CHuntsman said:th

> > > > > > > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > > > > > I think for Duke, Zion and JR are weak free throw shooters. I think it’s going to cost them a game.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ****!

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I swear to god. When RJ got fouled with 6.6 seconds left, the fist thing that came to mind was "Deadsolidshank"! I'm a die hard Dukie so that was hard to watch. How does Zion not get a shot up in the last 1:45 in the game. Dare I say Izzo out coached K?

> > > > >

> > > > > This is blasphemous to say, but I don’t think it’s the first time it’s happened lately. For the life of me I cannot understand how he doesn’t have Zion on the block, with the ball at least going through him, every single possession down the stretch. He uncoverable one on one, and smart enough to recognize the double team and make the appropriate pass. But the ball HAS to go through him.

> > > > > I think Duke has come to rely too much on their blue chippers. They need someone who will do the little things like box out on the defensive end, and maybe once in a while, rotate and provide a little defensive help.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I texted my father the same thing. Why isn't he getting the ball on the block every possession or him and RJ running a little 2-man game. It seems when he was getting the ball he was at least 15-20' away from the basket. Agree on the chippers. The is one of the worst shooting teams I can remember. Give me 5 or 6 guys who stay 3-4 years rather than a few 1 and done studs. Reddish NBA stock had to drop a bit. He didn't have a good tourney. Some of those dudes from MSU looked 35!

> > >

> > > They were trying to get it to Zion. At one point like 10 straight entry passes were deflected or stolen.

> > >

> > > RJ absorbing a lot of blame but they really were trying to get it to Zion on the block and couldn't

> >

> > What mas MSU doing defensively done the stretch Jeff, I didn’t get to see the second half.

> >

>

> Fronting, getting hands up and defending like madmen if I recall.

>

> They needed to get Zion the ball on the wing, or try to. Even my dad who doesn't know basketball was like "why do they keep passing to him there?"

>

> It was a good defensive job by MSU. So much has been made of Zion being the almighty. He is a GREAT player, but Michigan State played really good defense down the stretch in the paint. And RJ did not get up quality shots either

Izzo is a great game coach. I assume MSU was packing it in around Zion. Did Duke run any back picks to free him up or get switches to create mismatches. To me, it’s another case of them relying strictly on pure talent as opposed to moving back a bit to basics. Probably could have used O'Connell in the game at that point to try to open up that defense (if he wasn’t in). He’s really the only legitimate perimeter shooter for them with Reddish and White struggling so much.

> > @MtlJeff said:

> > > > @MtlJeff said:

> > > > > @CHuntsman said:

> > > > > > > @CHuntsman said:th

> > > > > > > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > > > > > > I think for Duke, Zion and JR are weak free throw shooters. I think it’s going to cost them a game.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ****!

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I swear to god. When RJ got fouled with 6.6 seconds left, the fist thing that came to mind was "Deadsolidshank"! I'm a die hard Dukie so that was hard to watch. How does Zion not get a shot up in the last 1:45 in the game. Dare I say Izzo out coached K?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is blasphemous to say, but I don’t think it’s the first time it’s happened lately. For the life of me I cannot understand how he doesn’t have Zion on the block, with the ball at least going through him, every single possession down the stretch. He uncoverable one on one, and smart enough to recognize the double team and make the appropriate pass. But the ball HAS to go through him.

> > > > > > I think Duke has come to rely too much on their blue chippers. They need someone who will do the little things like box out on the defensive end, and maybe once in a while, rotate and provide a little defensive help.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I texted my father the same thing. Why isn't he getting the ball on the block every possession or him and RJ running a little 2-man game. It seems when he was getting the ball he was at least 15-20' away from the basket. Agree on the chippers. The is one of the worst shooting teams I can remember. Give me 5 or 6 guys who stay 3-4 years rather than a few 1 and done studs. Reddish NBA stock had to drop a bit. He didn't have a good tourney. Some of those dudes from MSU looked 35!

> > > >

> > > > They were trying to get it to Zion. At one point like 10 straight entry passes were deflected or stolen.

> > > >

> > > > RJ absorbing a lot of blame but they really were trying to get it to Zion on the block and couldn't

> > >

> > > What mas MSU doing defensively done the stretch Jeff, I didn’t get to see the second half.

> > >

> >

> > Fronting, getting hands up and defending like madmen if I recall.

> >

> > They needed to get Zion the ball on the wing, or try to. Even my dad who doesn't know basketball was like "why do they keep passing to him there?"

> >

> > It was a good defensive job by MSU. So much has been made of Zion being the almighty. He is a GREAT player, but Michigan State played really good defense down the stretch in the paint. And RJ did not get up quality shots either

>

> Izzo is a great game coach. I assume MSU was packing it in around Zion. Did Duke run any back picks to free him up or get switches to create mismatches. To me, it’s another case of them relying strictly on pure talent as opposed to moving back a bit to basics. Probably could have used O'Connell in the game at that point to try to open up that defense (if he wasn’t in). He’s really the only legitimate perimeter shooter for them with Reddish and White struggling so much.

It's hard to recall as I was with my parents and daughter, but it didn't look like it. Just simple post ups on left block. No joke they must've stolen or deflected 5-6 entry passes. I can't remember if they were partial Zone either, it looked like Barrett kept running into guys and throwing desperate floaters. They didn't look like the better team

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> @MtlJeff said:

> > > @MtlJeff said:

> > > > > @MtlJeff said:

> > > > > > @CHuntsman said:

> > > > > > > > @CHuntsman said:th

> > > > > > > > > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I think for Duke, Zion and JR are weak free throw shooters. I think it’s going to cost them a game.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > ****!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I swear to god. When RJ got fouled with 6.6 seconds left, the fist thing that came to mind was "Deadsolidshank"! I'm a die hard Dukie so that was hard to watch. How does Zion not get a shot up in the last 1:45 in the game. Dare I say Izzo out coached K?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This is blasphemous to say, but I don’t think it’s the first time it’s happened lately. For the life of me I cannot understand how he doesn’t have Zion on the block, with the ball at least going through him, every single possession down the stretch. He uncoverable one on one, and smart enough to recognize the double team and make the appropriate pass. But the ball HAS to go through him.

> > > > > > > I think Duke has come to rely too much on their blue chippers. They need someone who will do the little things like box out on the defensive end, and maybe once in a while, rotate and provide a little defensive help.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I texted my father the same thing. Why isn't he getting the ball on the block every possession or him and RJ running a little 2-man game. It seems when he was getting the ball he was at least 15-20' away from the basket. Agree on the chippers. The is one of the worst shooting teams I can remember. Give me 5 or 6 guys who stay 3-4 years rather than a few 1 and done studs. Reddish NBA stock had to drop a bit. He didn't have a good tourney. Some of those dudes from MSU looked 35!

> > > > >

> > > > > They were trying to get it to Zion. At one point like 10 straight entry passes were deflected or stolen.

> > > > >

> > > > > RJ absorbing a lot of blame but they really were trying to get it to Zion on the block and couldn't

> > > >

> > > > What mas MSU doing defensively done the stretch Jeff, I didn’t get to see the second half.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Fronting, getting hands up and defending like madmen if I recall.

> > >

> > > They needed to get Zion the ball on the wing, or try to. Even my dad who doesn't know basketball was like "why do they keep passing to him there?"

> > >

> > > It was a good defensive job by MSU. So much has been made of Zion being the almighty. He is a GREAT player, but Michigan State played really good defense down the stretch in the paint. And RJ did not get up quality shots either

> >

> > Izzo is a great game coach. I assume MSU was packing it in around Zion. Did Duke run any back picks to free him up or get switches to create mismatches. To me, it’s another case of them relying strictly on pure talent as opposed to moving back a bit to basics. Probably could have used O'Connell in the game at that point to try to open up that defense (if he wasn’t in). He’s really the only legitimate perimeter shooter for them with Reddish and White struggling so much.

>

> It's hard to recall as I was with my parents and daughter, but it didn't look like it. Just simple post ups on left block. No joke they must've stolen or deflected 5-6 entry passes. I can't remember if they were partial Zone either, it looked like Barrett kept running into guys and throwing desperate floaters. They didn't look like the better team

Man, if rhe defense is aggressively defending that entry pass you have to move them before you just toss it in there.

> @MtlJeff said:

> > > @MtlJeff said:

> > > > > @MtlJeff said:

> > > > > > @CHuntsman said:

> > > > > > > > @CHuntsman said:th

> > > > > > > > > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I think for Duke, Zion and JR are weak free throw shooters. I think it’s going to cost them a game.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > ****!

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I swear to god. When RJ got fouled with 6.6 seconds left, the fist thing that came to mind was "Deadsolidshank"! I'm a die hard Dukie so that was hard to watch. How does Zion not get a shot up in the last 1:45 in the game. Dare I say Izzo out coached K?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This is blasphemous to say, but I don’t think it’s the first time it’s happened lately. For the life of me I cannot understand how he doesn’t have Zion on the block, with the ball at least going through him, every single possession down the stretch. He uncoverable one on one, and smart enough to recognize the double team and make the appropriate pass. But the ball HAS to go through him.

> > > > > > > I think Duke has come to rely too much on their blue chippers. They need someone who will do the little things like box out on the defensive end, and maybe once in a while, rotate and provide a little defensive help.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I texted my father the same thing. Why isn't he getting the ball on the block every possession or him and RJ running a little 2-man game. It seems when he was getting the ball he was at least 15-20' away from the basket. Agree on the chippers. The is one of the worst shooting teams I can remember. Give me 5 or 6 guys who stay 3-4 years rather than a few 1 and done studs. Reddish NBA stock had to drop a bit. He didn't have a good tourney. Some of those dudes from MSU looked 35!

> > > > >

> > > > > They were trying to get it to Zion. At one point like 10 straight entry passes were deflected or stolen.

> > > > >

> > > > > RJ absorbing a lot of blame but they really were trying to get it to Zion on the block and couldn't

> > > >

> > > > What mas MSU doing defensively done the stretch Jeff, I didn’t get to see the second half.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Fronting, getting hands up and defending like madmen if I recall.

> > >

> > > They needed to get Zion the ball on the wing, or try to. Even my dad who doesn't know basketball was like "why do they keep passing to him there?"

> > >

> > > It was a good defensive job by MSU. So much has been made of Zion being the almighty. He is a GREAT player, but Michigan State played really good defense down the stretch in the paint. And RJ did not get up quality shots either

> >

> > Izzo is a great game coach. I assume MSU was packing it in around Zion. Did Duke run any back picks to free him up or get switches to create mismatches. To me, it’s another case of them relying strictly on pure talent as opposed to moving back a bit to basics. Probably could have used O'Connell in the game at that point to try to open up that defense (if he wasn’t in). He’s really the only legitimate perimeter shooter for them with Reddish and White struggling so much.

>

> It's hard to recall as I was with my parents and daughter, but it didn't look like it. Just simple post ups on left block. No joke they must've stolen or deflected 5-6 entry passes. I can't remember if they were partial Zone either, it looked like Barrett kept running into guys and throwing desperate floaters. They didn't look like the better team

Terrible entry passes mind you. Cant win an Elite 8 game with 17 TO's. Especially against Izzo.

I thought the call on the 3 was fine. That is a foul and I've never been a believer in calling things differently at the end of games

They DID miss that double dribble/travel call on Jerome when he dribbled it off his foot, but my guess is 95% of people watching missed that too. It happened fast

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

It seemed so strange to watch, couldn’t figure out the call. Seems ifmhe had just bent over and started dribbling again he would have been fine, but when he picked it up with both hands that should have “ended”his initial dribble. I think!?

The foul call, he got into his body. I hate the thought process that you can’t call stuff at the end of the game. If it’s a foul in the first minute, it’s a foul in the last minute too.

I have to laugh at NBA players commenting on basic violations, DD, palming, traveling, etc, how would they know what one of those is, none of them ever got called for one!?

• Like 1

> It seemed so strange to watch, couldn’t figure out the call. Seems ifmhe had just bent over and started dribbling again he would have been fine, but when he picked it up with both hands that should have “ended”his initial dribble. I think!?

> The foul call, he got into his body. I hate the thought process that you can’t call stuff at the end of the game. If it’s a foul in the first minute, it’s a foul in the last minute too.

> I have to laugh at NBA players commenting on basic violations, DD, palming, traveling, etc, how would they know what one of those is, none of them ever got called for one!?

Yeah it was unfortunate but it's like, what can you do, he got him...and got into his landing area too.

Im a big Kyle guy fan now. I wonder if he can make it in the league. I am thinking he can be a 7-8 man who gives you shooting and smart play... kinda like Connaughton is in Milwaukee

He said he was crapping himself on the line LoL. But canned all three. Good for him

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

It was written above but the play of the "top" players has been a bit disappointing. Hunter hasn't looked like a top 5 pick, he disappears in games. I understand he's a great defender but 3 and D guys usually go 16th, not 4th. Cam reddish hasn't looked good all season. Jarrett Culver is good at everything but not "great" at anything offensively. Guys like Coby white and Rui hachimura looked good all season but less exposure in the tournament

Barrett, Morant and Zion look like the clear top 3, and the only guys I'd say could be all stars ( of course this will likely be wrong) , but still

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> It seemed so strange to watch, couldn’t figure out the call. Seems ifmhe had just bent over and started dribbling again he would have been fine, but when he picked it up with both hands that should have “ended”his initial dribble. I think!?

> The foul call, he got into his body. I hate the thought process that you can’t call stuff at the end of the game. If it’s a foul in the first minute, it’s a foul in the last minute too.

> I have to laugh at NBA players commenting on basic violations, DD, palming, traveling, etc, how would they know what one of those is, none of them ever got called for one!?

I think there were mistakes all around on that play. They definitely missed the double dribble, but I think it was because they knew Auburn was trying to burn another non-shooting foul to shrink the clock, so they were looking for a foul to call. They actually missed a foul call right before the double dribble, Auburn got a handful of jersey and the refs didn't call it. I think they were laser focused on making the right foul call and completely ignored him when he went back to get the ball. Jerome should have either dribbled with one hand, or picked it up and immediately call time out (which would have been the smarter play). Either of those gets you an opportunity for a clean shot, but I think he panicked too.

I was shocked that they called the foul on the 3. It was a foul, but not one I'd expect on a last second shot. That's usually when the whistles get swallowed unless somebody's head gets taken off. But to keep it all in context, if the Auburn kid makes his free throws, the Kyle Guy would have had to hit all 3 FT's to force overtime, which is much more pressure than having to make 2 out of 3.

I'll take my homer hat off now. I felt bad for Auburn and Pearl handled it better than I could have, but I did not feel bad for the jackWord not allowed who walked from the opposite side of the bar and started chanting beside me with 6 seconds left because I was wearing a Virginia shirt. I think it killed him to watch those free throws go in and for me to not respond by acting the same idiotic way he acted.

BTW, I really loved the post-game shots of Texas Tech staying composed and focused on their mission. I had never really paid attention to their program or their coach, but he seems to be building a very high-class, high-character program there.

> @MtlJeff said:

> It was written above but the play of the "top" players has been a bit disappointing. Hunter hasn't looked like a top 5 pick, he disappears in games. I understand he's a great defender but 3 and D guys usually go 16th, not 4th. Cam reddish hasn't looked good all season. Jarrett Culver is good at everything but not "great" at anything offensively. Guys like Coby white and Rui hachimura looked good all season but less exposure in the tournament

>

> Barrett, Morant and Zion look like the clear top 3, and the only guys I'd say could be all stars ( of course this will likely be wrong) , but still

Three players that weren't on my radar that impressed me in the tournament were Edwards from Purdue, Fall from UCF, and Dawkins from UCF. I think Edwards will struggle with the size and athleticism at the next level. Fall still has a ton of upside, he's still super raw but his coordination at his size is pretty remarkable. Dawkins showed everthing that I'd want from a wing player. He reminds me of a shorter Paul George, smooth and always under control. I think he'll sneak onto a roster somewhere and play himself into a career.

> @Mych said:

> > @MtlJeff said:

> > It was written above but the play of the "top" players has been a bit disappointing. Hunter hasn't looked like a top 5 pick, he disappears in games. I understand he's a great defender but 3 and D guys usually go 16th, not 4th. Cam reddish hasn't looked good all season. Jarrett Culver is good at everything but not "great" at anything offensively. Guys like Coby white and Rui hachimura looked good all season but less exposure in the tournament

> >

> > Barrett, Morant and Zion look like the clear top 3, and the only guys I'd say could be all stars ( of course this will likely be wrong) , but still

> Three players that weren't on my radar that impressed me in the tournament were Edwards from Purdue, Fall from UCF, and Dawkins from UCF. I think Edwards will struggle with the size and athleticism at the next level. Fall still has a ton of upside, he's still super raw but his coordination at his size is pretty remarkable. Dawkins showed everthing that I'd want from a wing player. He reminds me of a shorter Paul George, smooth and always under control. I think he'll sneak onto a roster somewhere and play himself into a career.

I think Fall would get abused in the NBA. Not sure he can guard the perimeter. 5's are too good away from the basket nowadays.

> @CHuntsman said:

> > @Mych said:

> > > @MtlJeff said:

> > > It was written above but the play of the "top" players has been a bit disappointing. Hunter hasn't looked like a top 5 pick, he disappears in games. I understand he's a great defender but 3 and D guys usually go 16th, not 4th. Cam reddish hasn't looked good all season. Jarrett Culver is good at everything but not "great" at anything offensively. Guys like Coby white and Rui hachimura looked good all season but less exposure in the tournament

> > >

> > > Barrett, Morant and Zion look like the clear top 3, and the only guys I'd say could be all stars ( of course this will likely be wrong) , but still

> > Three players that weren't on my radar that impressed me in the tournament were Edwards from Purdue, Fall from UCF, and Dawkins from UCF. I think Edwards will struggle with the size and athleticism at the next level. Fall still has a ton of upside, he's still super raw but his coordination at his size is pretty remarkable. Dawkins showed everthing that I'd want from a wing player. He reminds me of a shorter Paul George, smooth and always under control. I think he'll sneak onto a roster somewhere and play himself into a career.

>

> I think Fall would get abused in the NBA. Not sure he can guard the perimeter. 5's are too good away from the basket nowadays.

True, it would take a coach/system that can keep him in the paint. Clint Cappella doesn't stray too far outside the paint either. The amount of space Fall takes up and his ability to play help defense would improve a team with potent offense and limited defense (like the Rockets have with Capella). It took a few seasons to develop into an NBA-caliber player. I think Fall is still raw enough to have a good NBA upside.

I thought when watching that Fall would be a second round pick. I'd take a flyer on him at that point. He moves ok, he's coordinated and skilled. Not a total stiff who just happens to be 7'6

I like his confidence too, talking about Zion not dunking on him etc...I think he could be a 15 minutes per game "matchup guy" . I mean there's not many players in the league who can cover a 7'6 guy when he gets position.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> @MtlJeff said:

> I thought when watching that Fall would be a second round pick. I'd take a flyer on him at that point. He moves ok, he's coordinated and skilled. Not a total stiff who just happens to be 7'6

>

> I like his confidence too, talking about Zion not dunking on him etc...I think he could be a 15 minutes per game "matchup guy" . I mean there's not many players in the league who can cover a 7'6 guy when he gets position.

Well, you can’t coach height! Is he strong enough to hold his position if he gets it?