2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

2019 Symetra Tour

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very early in the final round and 14 year old Alexas Pano is still in a 4 way tie for 1st. She's even par thru 3 holes and -8 overall.

Took a quick look at her stats thru 3 rounds and it's pretty amazing. Only 3 bogeys, Only missed 4 fairways the first 3 days while averaging 269 yards off the tee! 14 years old!

I'm always amazed at how many former LPGA Tour players continue to try and grind out their career for next to no $.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

I'm always amazed at how many former LPGA Tour players continue to try and grind out their career for next to no $.

Vicky Hurst has always been a favorite of mine and she's bounced back and forth a few times. I'm hoping Demi Runas can get back and stay on the bigger tour after this year.

Definitely a handful of names I see that I didn't think would have needed to go back to Symetra.

Vicky Hurst has always been a favorite of mine and she's bounced back and forth a few times. I'm hoping Demi Runas can get back and stay on the bigger tour after this year.

Definitely a handful of names I see that I didn't think would have needed to go back to Symetra.

Yeah but mostly back. Don't take that wrong, when she turned pro I had high hopes for her based on her amateur career. But it really hasn't panned out too well for her. There's always hope but I'm not holding my breath. She's very talented but somehow it hasn't translated into pro success for her.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

Yeah but mostly back. Don't take that wrong, when she turned pro I had high hopes for her based on her amateur career. But it really hasn't panned out too well for her. There's always hope but I'm not holding my breath. She's very talented but somehow it hasn't translated into pro success for her.

I'm hoping mostly for her to get (back) to the LPGA and stay there. But you're right, it really hasn't panned out too well.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Seamus McDuff" said:

> IOA Championship

> Jillian Hollis by one over Julieta Granada and Amy Lee.

> Not sure what was going on there but final round scores were crazy high, ranging from 70 to 87.

>

> http://www.symetratour.com/tournaments/ioa-championship/leaderboard

>

The 17 years old Yealimi Noh was +2 and T13.

Yealimi is a senior in high school; she decided to turn pro this past January with no status in any professional tours.

She plans to Monday qualify all available LPGA events; she's invited to this event because she finished second on this course with the Cactus Tour last month.

Money is the one thing she doesn't need to worry; she signed a sponsor contract with Hana Bank of Korea early last month.

> @"Seamus McDuff" said:

> IOA Championship

> Jillian Hollis by one over Julieta Granada and Amy Lee.

> Not sure what was going on there but final round scores were crazy high, ranging from 70 to 87.

>

> http://www.symetratour.com/tournaments/ioa-championship/leaderboard

>

Got to caddie for a friend in the final round. Conditions were brutal, super windy day and greens super firm. Everyone was having a hard time judging distance and green weren't holding anything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Leona has certainly got her game going good right now. She could have easily won last week as well. Also a Spaniard whose name escapes me right now has won 2 or 3 professional events (LET for sure and maybe Symetra)in the last month or so.

I know there is another thread on here about Solheim, but it seems that Catrina would have nothing to lose by picking these two. Heck they may both already be in on points for all I know.

Thanks ChronicSlicer for the young ladies name. Nuria Iturrios.

Does anyone know why the last two Symetra events have been played on,Thursday,Friday,Saturday for Atlanta and even more odd , Wednesday,Thursday and Friday in Charlotte. Was this the case for these Tournaments in previous years? Seems to me it would be hard to get enough volunteers on weekdays but maybe with Symetra they don't need that many.

> @Enduro59 said:

> Thanks ChronicSlicer for the young ladies name. Nuria Iturrios.

> Does anyone know why the last two Symetra events have been played on,Thursday,Friday,Saturday for Atlanta and even more odd , Wednesday,Thursday and Friday in Charlotte. Was this the case for these Tournaments in previous years? Seems to me it would be hard to get enough volunteers on weekdays but maybe with Symetra they don't need that many.

Just conjecture on my part, may be the course does not want to give up the weekend?

> @DavePelz4 said:

> Wow...Kim Welch is still following her dream...good for her. She must be 10+ years into this following her adventure on Big Break. Always thought she was a sweetheart with a helluva swing but inconsistent as a putter.

Yeah, but it's kind of sad when I remember that during one of those confessional interviews during Big Break they asked her where she thought she would be in 10 years. Kim said, "On the LPGA tour and on top."

She had a card for several years but as you indicated the putting held her back. I didn't realize she was still trying Symetra.

• 2 weeks later...

Min Lee from Tiawan defeated Esther Lee from Korea in a playoff to win the Symetra tour event today in Pennsylvania. Was kinda surprised to see Cheyenne Woods name in the field as she finished tied for 15th .Maybe she thought she was in good competitive form and since she didn't qualify for the U.S.open played Symetra to stay in form. More likely she is trying to find form based on recent results including a LET event where some holes were played under the lights and she finished back in the pack. It was a no cut event.

> @Enduro59 said:

> Min Lee from Tiawan defeated Esther Lee from Korea in a playoff to win the Symetra tour event today in Pennsylvania. Was kinda surprised to see Cheyenne Woods name in the field as she finished tied for 15th .Maybe she thought she was in good competitive form and since she didn't qualify for the U.S.open played Symetra to stay in form. More likely she is trying to find form based on recent results including a LET event where some holes were played under the lights and she finished back in the pack. It was a no cut event.

She’s played in a couple Symetra events this year. She definitely doesn’t have full status if any on LPGA Tour

> @iteachgolf said:

> > @Enduro59 said:

> > Min Lee from Tiawan defeated Esther Lee from Korea in a playoff to win the Symetra tour event today in Pennsylvania. Was kinda surprised to see Cheyenne Woods name in the field as she finished tied for 15th .Maybe she thought she was in good competitive form and since she didn't qualify for the U.S.open played Symetra to stay in form. More likely she is trying to find form based on recent results including a LET event where some holes were played under the lights and she finished back in the pack. It was a no cut event.

>

> She’s played in a couple Symetra events this year. She definitely doesn’t have full status if any on LPGA Tour

She has a very low status. She was in the field at Kingsmill and will be in the field at Shoprite. I thought she was invited to this Symetra event, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone on here recognize or know much about any of the brand's listed under tools of a winner from the Symetra Tour event last week in PA? Metal Factory for all woods and hybrids , Akira for irons , and O'rion Spy wedges? I did recognize the Callaway driver. Maybe these clubs are made in Tiawan where the winner Min Lee is from.