App

2»

Answers

  • patrickb16patrickb16 Patrick Berube Ontario CanadaMembers Posts: 16 ✭✭

    I think the app is much more convenient and don't think it even needs a re-design, just support for newer phones.

  • patrickb16patrickb16 Patrick Berube Ontario CanadaMembers Posts: 16 ✭✭

    Thanks for this

  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETXClubWRX Posts: 4,776 ClubWRX

    @ronster said:
    I would think they will code a new app using the Vanilla iOS app as a base one day. Right now the focus I assume is to shore up the bugs on the forum.

    I don't think that is the plan right now. From what I have seen, the plan is to make the webOS version easy to navigate and that would replace an app. I'd imagine that could change in the future, but there has been no supported app for years.

    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,826 admin

    If people want Tapatalk support, then they need to contact Tapatalk and Vanilla.

    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • ronsterronster Members Posts: 455 ✭✭✭✭

    @cvhookem63 said:

    @ronster said:
    I would think they will code a new app using the Vanilla iOS app as a base one day. Right now the focus I assume is to shore up the bugs on the forum.

    I don't think that is the plan right now. From what I have seen, the plan is to make the webOS version easy to navigate and that would replace an app. I'd imagine that could change in the future, but there has been no supported app for years.

    But the Vanilla Forum software they are using has a iOS app...unsure if its a third party app that someone sells to use as a base code or if its from Vanilla itself...

  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator Posts: 26,826 admin

    It’s a 3rd party app based on vanilla open source code.
    400 euro for IOS per month
    400 euro for Android per month

    We will investigate but we don’t use the open source code and would have to inquire on compatibility.

    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • mattd1206mattd1206 Members Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭

    I just got an Iphone xr and all of a sudden the golfwrx app does not work what so ever!! I am not sure if this is a known thing or not. obviously I would really like to get this resolved. If anyone here can help me with that or guide me in a direction to someone who can that would be awesome thanks.

    Matthew HCP-12
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @mattd1206 said:
    I just got an Iphone xr and all of a sudden the golfwrx app does not work what so ever!! I am not sure if this is a known thing or not. obviously I would really like to get this resolved. If anyone here can help me with that or guide me in a direction to someone who can that would be awesome thanks.

    It stopped working when they “updated” the site. Two years prior to that they had stopped supporting it but it still worked and was 100x better than this. You may as well delete it.....unfortunately.

  • mattd1206mattd1206 Members Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭

    @BiggErn said:

    @mattd1206 said:
    I just got an Iphone xr and all of a sudden the golfwrx app does not work what so ever!! I am not sure if this is a known thing or not. obviously I would really like to get this resolved. If anyone here can help me with that or guide me in a direction to someone who can that would be awesome thanks.

    It stopped working when they “updated” the site. Two years prior to that they had stopped supporting it but it still worked and was 100x better than this. You may as well delete it.....unfortunately.

    WTFFFFF the app was in my opinion better structured than the website and wayyyy more convenient. I may keep see if I can find any kind of contact about it.. thanks anyway.

    Matthew HCP-12
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

    @mattd1206 said:

    @BiggErn said:

    @mattd1206 said:
    I just got an Iphone xr and all of a sudden the golfwrx app does not work what so ever!! I am not sure if this is a known thing or not. obviously I would really like to get this resolved. If anyone here can help me with that or guide me in a direction to someone who can that would be awesome thanks.

    It stopped working when they “updated” the site. Two years prior to that they had stopped supporting it but it still worked and was 100x better than this. You may as well delete it.....unfortunately.

    WTFFFFF the app was in my opinion better structured than the website and wayyyy more convenient. I may keep see if I can find any kind of contact about it.. thanks anyway.

    I enjoyed the app as well but it isn’t coming back. At least not the one we had. Completely different software.

  • jpdxjpdx Members Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

    I too, find an app to be a superior experience to mobile browser, and I feel like it utilized less processing/batter power. that being said, i'm such a golfwrx addict that I am going to log on however I can. hope the mobile browser bugs get squashed asap.

    Srixon z785 hzrdus black 6.5
    Nike
    Vapor Fly 3 wood 15* Diamana Blueboard
    Nike
    Vapor Fly 3 hybrid 20* Diamana Blueboard
    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4 DG Pro s300 -2*
    Nike
    Vapor Pro 4-PW DG s300 -2*
    Nike
    Engage 54* SS and 58* DS
    Nike Method Matter m4-12
    Nike Air Hybrid II Bag

    b-team/travel bag
    Nike Vapor Flex 440 driver 9.5* Diamana Blueboard
    Nike Vapor Pro driver 11.5* Diamana Blueboard
    Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 wood stock r flex shaft
    Taylormade Burner 2.0 3 hybrid stock r flex haft

    Nike Vapor Fly Pro 4-AW DG Pro S300 -2*
    Nike Engage 50* SS 54* SS 60* DS
    Nike Method Origin b2-01
    Cure CX-2
    Nike Air Sport II and Hyperadapt
  • CCTxGolfCCTxGolf Going to the Masters...Someday Corpus ChristiMembers Posts: 866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Apr 17, 2019 11:56pm #43

    For those with iPhones, Why not just add the forums homepage to your home screen? Then it works like and app. I honestly can’t really remover what it was like before the update! Lol

    Driver - Callaway EPIC SZ 10.5*
    Fairway Wood - Titleist 917 F2 16.5* and 21*
    Irons - Titleist AP2 4-PW
    Wedges - Titleist SM 5 52*, Titleist SM 6 56* and 60*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron Golo 5 or Odyssey Toe Up #1
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,933 ClubWRX

    @CCTxGolf said:
    For those with iPhones, Why not just add the forums homepage to your home screen? Then it works like and app. I honestly can’t really remover what it was like before the update! Lol

    But it doesn't work like the app. Main benefit to an app is push notifications. Push notifications are extremely useful to keep up with what goes on in the forums without having to be constantly logged in. There's no way to enable a similar notifications system with a web based page unless you enable emails for all notifications, and that just makes a mess of your email inbox...like 300+ emails a day. That's not a usable workaround.

    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • GolfBum82GolfBum82 Major Winner Members Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I love golfwrx and I guess will have to learn to live without the app. I know I checked the app a ton more than I am checking the site now. Hopefully that will change :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file