Is the Pro V1 in trouble?

Danny Choo

> @Quasimoto said:

> **$65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> @Quasimoto said:

> You misunderstand what I wrote. I am claiming the TM balls are not inferior. There are at least hundreds of posts on this site where people view all the top urethane balls as fairly equal, and differences just suit each person's swing and ball flight peculiarities.

> My point is, for someone to disparage the TM balls in favour of Titleist by claiming them to be inferior in some way is ludicrous. Again 3 of the top 5 players in the world right now use them, and that gives them at least some measure of credibility and respect. FWIW I play Titleist AVX as well as TP5. Windy - AVX, not windy TP5

No, actually you misunderstood what *I* wrote.

Your quote is up top. Your inference is clear that you (someone ?) would consider playing a ball other than what's best for your game to save the $5 per dozen.

I didn't say the TP5 was inferior, I was just commenting on someone buying something THEY might believe to be inferior to a ProV1 just to save $5 which is, of course, foolish (hence my asking how much you pay to play golf). Oh, IMO that is.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @Quasimoto said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > >

> > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > >

> > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > >

> > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> >

> > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

>

> So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

Nope I said I would play a ball that is proven an consistent. What the pros play isn’t always the same ball that we get at retail.

Pros also get paid to play a ball and a brand like TM when they do a full bag it’s top to bottom including ball and TM usually requires their staffers to play the latest and greatest.

What the pros do and what I do aren’t related

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Quasimoto said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > > >

> > > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > > >

> > > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> > >

> > > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

> >

> > So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> > Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

>

> Nope I said I would play a ball that is proven an consistent. What the pros play isn’t always the same ball that we get at retail.

>

> Pros also get paid to play a ball and a brand like TM when they do a full bag it’s top to bottom including ball and TM usually requires their staffers to play the latest and greatest.

>

> What the pros do and what I do aren’t related

So then, presumably according to that "the pros play isn't always the same ball we get at retail" also applies to the ProV1.

I get that, they have all kinds of support that we mere mortal golfers can't get. I'm not being argumentative here, just find it really difficult to justify that any of the top 4-5 urethane golf balls are inferior to any of the others. Different strokes for... I guess. And for those with budget restrictions, buy what you can afford.

Callaway Epic Speed M10 Smoke
Taylor Made SIM 3W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made SIM 5W Titanium Diamana Limited
Taylor Made GAPR HI KBS 4,5,
HONMA TW747P 6-11 Vizard 85g
Cleveland 56* Smoke RTX Zipcore DG Spinner
Lajosi 808 Damascus, Callaway S2H2 Tuttle
Seed 01, Maxfli Tour

> @GSDriver said:

> I haven't played a ProV1 I haven't found in close to 10 years, maybe longer.

>

>

>

> Marketing only goes so far, still can't convince me that a ProV1 @ $4+ a ball, is that much, if any, better than those I get for $3 or less.

>

>

>

> I wonder how many PGA guys play Titleist cuz they're paid to do so? Those guys are good enough, and ball performance close enough across OEMs, that they could likely win with about any brand (except Volvik, as Bubba clearly demonstrated)

Titleist basically pays all their expenses so they can play golf. That’s German Sneaky.

• Like 1

> @Quasimoto said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > > > >

> > > > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> > > >

> > > > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

> > >

> > > So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> > > Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

> >

> > Nope I said I would play a ball that is proven an consistent. What the pros play isn’t always the same ball that we get at retail.

> >

> > Pros also get paid to play a ball and a brand like TM when they do a full bag it’s top to bottom including ball and TM usually requires their staffers to play the latest and greatest.

> >

> > What the pros do and what I do aren’t related

>

> So then, presumably according to that "the pros play isn't always the same ball we get at retail" also applies to the ProV1.

> I get that, they have all kinds of support that we mere mortal golfers can't get. I'm not being argumentative here, just find it really difficult to justify that any of the top 4-5 urethane golf balls are inferior to any of the others. Different strokes for... I guess. And for those with budget restrictions, buy what you can afford.

The other tour balls are good but what comes to retail the quality control of titleist is well above the other brands. If a person is shopping tour level balls and can’t spare the extra $5 for balls they might want to reconsider things in their lives. Titleist hasn’t changed the pricing of their balls for a long time yet Callaway has slowly increased their price and now like Tm and Bridgestone are imo insignificantly cheaper than Titleist.

Using the Titleist 4 for price of 3 makes it even easier imo to buy

• Like 1

> @GoGoErky said:

>

> The other tour balls are good but what comes to retail the quality control of titleist is well above the other brands. If a person is shopping tour level balls and can’t spare the extra $5 for balls they might want to reconsider things in their lives. Titleist hasn’t changed the pricing of their balls for a long time yet Callaway has slowly increased their price and now like Tm and Bridgestone are imo insignificantly cheaper than Titleist.

>

> Using the Titleist 4 for price of 3 makes it even easier imo to buy

Please explain exactly how their quality is well above other brands. What quality control work have you done on all commercial balls to determine this?

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Quasimoto said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > > >

> > > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > > >

> > > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> > >

> > > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

> >

> > So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> > Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

>

> Nope I said I would play a ball that is proven an consistent. What the pros play isn’t always the same ball that we get at retail.

>

> Pros also get paid to play a ball and a brand like TM when they do a full bag it’s top to bottom including ball and TM usually requires their staffers to play the latest and greatest.

>

> What the pros do and what I do aren’t related

The pros have to play a ball that is approved by the USGA, so they usually are playing the same ball, unless they are playing some new prototype that is approved by the USGA but not available to the public yet. Maybe the golf balls the pro's use go through a bit higher quality control but otherwise I don't think there's a difference.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @Quasimoto said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> > > > >

> > > > > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

> > > >

> > > > So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> > > > Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

> > >

> > > Nope I said I would play a ball that is proven an consistent. What the pros play isn’t always the same ball that we get at retail.

> > >

> > > Pros also get paid to play a ball and a brand like TM when they do a full bag it’s top to bottom including ball and TM usually requires their staffers to play the latest and greatest.

> > >

> > > What the pros do and what I do aren’t related

> >

> > So then, presumably according to that "the pros play isn't always the same ball we get at retail" also applies to the ProV1.

> > I get that, they have all kinds of support that we mere mortal golfers can't get. I'm not being argumentative here, just find it really difficult to justify that any of the top 4-5 urethane golf balls are inferior to any of the others. Different strokes for... I guess. And for those with budget restrictions, buy what you can afford.

>

> The other tour balls are good but what comes to retail the quality control of titleist is well above the other brands. If a person is shopping tour level balls and can’t spare the extra $5 for balls they might want to reconsider things in their lives. Titleist hasn’t changed the pricing of their balls for a long time yet Callaway has slowly increased their price and now like Tm and Bridgestone are imo insignificantly cheaper than Titleist.

>

> Using the Titleist 4 for price of 3 makes it even easier imo to buy

You're going to need to back up your statement on quality control here and not reference some Titleist propaganda. Callaway and others introduced their premium balls at a lower price to speed up adoption of their golf balls by golfers who were not happy with Titleist pricing. Now that Callaway, TM and Bridgestone have premium golf balls many consider just as good or better than Titleist Pro V1 / X there's no need to undercut their price as much.

The fact that more pro golfers are paid to play Titleist and are winning at a lower percentage than their competitors is proof there's not much if any difference between the premium golf balls out there. If Titleist were producing that much better of a golf ball they would be dominating the wins given the stable of players they pay.

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

> @new2g0lf said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > > > >

> > > > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> > > >

> > > > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

> > >

> > > So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> > > Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

> >

> > Nope I said I would play a ball that is proven an consistent. What the pros play isn’t always the same ball that we get at retail.

> >

> > Pros also get paid to play a ball and a brand like TM when they do a full bag it’s top to bottom including ball and TM usually requires their staffers to play the latest and greatest.

> >

> > What the pros do and what I do aren’t related

>

> The pros have to play a ball that is approved by the USGA, so they usually are playing the same ball, unless they are playing some new prototype that is approved by the USGA but not available to the public yet. Maybe the golf balls the pro's use go through a bit higher quality control but otherwise I don't think there's a difference.

> @new2g0lf said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

> > > > >

> > > > > So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> > > > > Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

> > > >

> > > > Nope I said I would play a ball that is proven an consistent. What the pros play isn’t always the same ball that we get at retail.

> > > >

> > > > Pros also get paid to play a ball and a brand like TM when they do a full bag it’s top to bottom including ball and TM usually requires their staffers to play the latest and greatest.

> > > >

> > > > What the pros do and what I do aren’t related

> > >

> > > So then, presumably according to that "the pros play isn't always the same ball we get at retail" also applies to the ProV1.

> > > I get that, they have all kinds of support that we mere mortal golfers can't get. I'm not being argumentative here, just find it really difficult to justify that any of the top 4-5 urethane golf balls are inferior to any of the others. Different strokes for... I guess. And for those with budget restrictions, buy what you can afford.

> >

> > The other tour balls are good but what comes to retail the quality control of titleist is well above the other brands. If a person is shopping tour level balls and can’t spare the extra $5 for balls they might want to reconsider things in their lives. Titleist hasn’t changed the pricing of their balls for a long time yet Callaway has slowly increased their price and now like Tm and Bridgestone are imo insignificantly cheaper than Titleist.

> >

> > Using the Titleist 4 for price of 3 makes it even easier imo to buy

>

> You're going to need to back up your statement on quality control here and not reference some Titleist propaganda. Callaway and others introduced their premium balls at a lower price to speed up adoption of their golf balls by golfers who were not happy with Titleist pricing. Now that Callaway, TM and Bridgestone have premium golf balls many consider just as good or better than Titleist Pro V1 / X there's no need to undercut their price as much.

>

> The fact that more pro golfers are paid to play Titleist and are winning at a lower percentage than their competitors is proof there's not much if any difference between the premium golf balls out there. If Titleist were producing that much better of a golf ball they would be dominating the wins given the stable of players they pay.

Check the USGA approved list you will see variations of balls from all the brands. The balls th pros play aren’t always what’s at retail but whatever the brand makes for them goes thru the approval process.

Take a tour of the ball plant or google the videos out there of those who have had tours of other titleist facilities. QC is a very key role in what titleist does. They along with Bridgestone produce their tour stuff in the states and have control over the whole process.

Those who think titleist is to expensive or that there’s better will question anything that those who state they are better so feel free to prove me wrong with your facts or testing

> @trackcoach13 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> >

> > The other tour balls are good but what comes to retail the quality control of titleist is well above the other brands. If a person is shopping tour level balls and can’t spare the extra $5 for balls they might want to reconsider things in their lives. Titleist hasn’t changed the pricing of their balls for a long time yet Callaway has slowly increased their price and now like Tm and Bridgestone are imo insignificantly cheaper than Titleist.

> >

> > Using the Titleist 4 for price of 3 makes it even easier imo to buy

>

> Please explain exactly how their quality is well above other brands. What quality control work have you done on all commercial balls to determine this?

I can't speak for the person you are quoting, and I don't think one could make an argument that Titleist's 'quality' is well above the competition, but their manufacturing tolerances and consistency coming off the line are unrivaled in the ball space. As I had previously mentioned, a lot of this has to do with their process being so vertical; they mix and mold their own cores, apply casing layers and urethane, etc. Other ball manufacturers are dependent on buying components piecemeal and assembling. So the argument is that Titleist's golf ball component consistency is better than a competitor buying cores piecemeal from plant A (potentially sight unseen) and shipping them to plant B for assembly.

Additionally, Titleist actually has a dedicated team of 3-4 people who's sole job is to purchase retail versions of all conforming golf balls, cut and subsequently analyze the production consistency of ALL manufactured balls. They use this to better understand the competition and to provide a point of comparison regarding their manufacturing tolerances versus the industry. To my knowledge, there is no other ball manufacturer doing this.

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @new2g0lf said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> > > > >

> > > > > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

> > > >

> > > > So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> > > > Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

> > >

> > > Nope I said I would play a ball that is proven an consistent. What the pros play isn’t always the same ball that we get at retail.

> > >

> > > Pros also get paid to play a ball and a brand like TM when they do a full bag it’s top to bottom including ball and TM usually requires their staffers to play the latest and greatest.

> > >

> > > What the pros do and what I do aren’t related

> >

> > The pros have to play a ball that is approved by the USGA, so they usually are playing the same ball, unless they are playing some new prototype that is approved by the USGA but not available to the public yet. Maybe the golf balls the pro's use go through a bit higher quality control but otherwise I don't think there's a difference.

>

> > @new2g0lf said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> > > > > > Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

> > > > >

> > > > > Nope I said I would play a ball that is proven an consistent. What the pros play isn’t always the same ball that we get at retail.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pros also get paid to play a ball and a brand like TM when they do a full bag it’s top to bottom including ball and TM usually requires their staffers to play the latest and greatest.

> > > > >

> > > > > What the pros do and what I do aren’t related

> > > >

> > > > So then, presumably according to that "the pros play isn't always the same ball we get at retail" also applies to the ProV1.

> > > > I get that, they have all kinds of support that we mere mortal golfers can't get. I'm not being argumentative here, just find it really difficult to justify that any of the top 4-5 urethane golf balls are inferior to any of the others. Different strokes for... I guess. And for those with budget restrictions, buy what you can afford.

> > >

> > > The other tour balls are good but what comes to retail the quality control of titleist is well above the other brands. If a person is shopping tour level balls and can’t spare the extra $5 for balls they might want to reconsider things in their lives. Titleist hasn’t changed the pricing of their balls for a long time yet Callaway has slowly increased their price and now like Tm and Bridgestone are imo insignificantly cheaper than Titleist.

> > >

> > > Using the Titleist 4 for price of 3 makes it even easier imo to buy

> >

> > You're going to need to back up your statement on quality control here and not reference some Titleist propaganda. Callaway and others introduced their premium balls at a lower price to speed up adoption of their golf balls by golfers who were not happy with Titleist pricing. Now that Callaway, TM and Bridgestone have premium golf balls many consider just as good or better than Titleist Pro V1 / X there's no need to undercut their price as much.

> >

> > The fact that more pro golfers are paid to play Titleist and are winning at a lower percentage than their competitors is proof there's not much if any difference between the premium golf balls out there. If Titleist were producing that much better of a golf ball they would be dominating the wins given the stable of players they pay.

>

> Check the USGA approved list you will see variations of balls from all the brands. The balls th pros play aren’t always what’s at retail but whatever the brand makes for them goes thru the approval process.

>

> Take a tour of the ball plant or google the videos out there of those who have had tours of other titleist facilities. QC is a very key role in what titleist does. They along with Bridgestone produce their tour stuff in the states and have control over the whole process.

>

> Those who think titleist is to expensive or that there’s better will question anything that those who state they are better so feel free to prove me wrong with your facts or testing

Titleist claims on their website 73% of the Tour players use Titleist golf balls but they only win 33% of the time. One would think if the ball was better, they'd win at a higher percentage. 27% of the Tour that doesn't play Titleist won 66% of the time.

Brand Wins Money Won

Callaway 5 $7,266,000

Titleist 8 $10,501,000

TaylorMade 4 $6,551,000

Bridgestone 3 $3,708,000

Srixon 4 $3,204,000

Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

What’s abundantly clear is there are many excellent balls available to Tour players and there are more talented players on Tours worldwide than ever before that have the skills to win on any given week. Case in point; Corey Conner. From Monday qualifier to PGA Tour winner.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

> @new2g0lf said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

> > > > >

> > > > > So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> > > > > Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

> > > >

> > > > Nope I said I would play a ball that is proven an consistent. What the pros play isn’t always the same ball that we get at retail.

> > > >

> > > > Pros also get paid to play a ball and a brand like TM when they do a full bag it’s top to bottom including ball and TM usually requires their staffers to play the latest and greatest.

> > > >

> > > > What the pros do and what I do aren’t related

> > >

> > > The pros have to play a ball that is approved by the USGA, so they usually are playing the same ball, unless they are playing some new prototype that is approved by the USGA but not available to the public yet. Maybe the golf balls the pro's use go through a bit higher quality control but otherwise I don't think there's a difference.

> >

> > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> > > > > > > Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nope I said I would play a ball that is proven an consistent. What the pros play isn’t always the same ball that we get at retail.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Pros also get paid to play a ball and a brand like TM when they do a full bag it’s top to bottom including ball and TM usually requires their staffers to play the latest and greatest.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What the pros do and what I do aren’t related

> > > > >

> > > > > So then, presumably according to that "the pros play isn't always the same ball we get at retail" also applies to the ProV1.

> > > > > I get that, they have all kinds of support that we mere mortal golfers can't get. I'm not being argumentative here, just find it really difficult to justify that any of the top 4-5 urethane golf balls are inferior to any of the others. Different strokes for... I guess. And for those with budget restrictions, buy what you can afford.

> > > >

> > > > The other tour balls are good but what comes to retail the quality control of titleist is well above the other brands. If a person is shopping tour level balls and can’t spare the extra $5 for balls they might want to reconsider things in their lives. Titleist hasn’t changed the pricing of their balls for a long time yet Callaway has slowly increased their price and now like Tm and Bridgestone are imo insignificantly cheaper than Titleist.

> > > >

> > > > Using the Titleist 4 for price of 3 makes it even easier imo to buy

> > >

> > > You're going to need to back up your statement on quality control here and not reference some Titleist propaganda. Callaway and others introduced their premium balls at a lower price to speed up adoption of their golf balls by golfers who were not happy with Titleist pricing. Now that Callaway, TM and Bridgestone have premium golf balls many consider just as good or better than Titleist Pro V1 / X there's no need to undercut their price as much.

> > >

> > > The fact that more pro golfers are paid to play Titleist and are winning at a lower percentage than their competitors is proof there's not much if any difference between the premium golf balls out there. If Titleist were producing that much better of a golf ball they would be dominating the wins given the stable of players they pay.

> >

> > Check the USGA approved list you will see variations of balls from all the brands. The balls th pros play aren’t always what’s at retail but whatever the brand makes for them goes thru the approval process.

> >

> > Take a tour of the ball plant or google the videos out there of those who have had tours of other titleist facilities. QC is a very key role in what titleist does. They along with Bridgestone produce their tour stuff in the states and have control over the whole process.

> >

> > Those who think titleist is to expensive or that there’s better will question anything that those who state they are better so feel free to prove me wrong with your facts or testing

> Titleist claims on their website 73% of the Tour players use Titleist golf balls but they only win 33% of the time. One would think if the ball was better, they'd win at a higher percentage. 27% of the Tour that doesn't play Titleist won 66% of the time.

>

> Brand Wins Money Won

> Callaway 5 $7,266,000

> Titleist 8 $10,501,000

> TaylorMade 4 $6,551,000

> Bridgestone 3 $3,708,000

> Srixon 4 $3,204,000

What does the number of wins vs the number of paid players have to do with quality of the ball? That would be more about the skill of the player over 4 days. Look at TM and who is playing their ball, 6 of the top 14 in the world are paid to play TM ball.

> @RMGC_NV said:

> > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > >

> > > The other tour balls are good but what comes to retail the quality control of titleist is well above the other brands. If a person is shopping tour level balls and can’t spare the extra $5 for balls they might want to reconsider things in their lives. Titleist hasn’t changed the pricing of their balls for a long time yet Callaway has slowly increased their price and now like Tm and Bridgestone are imo insignificantly cheaper than Titleist.

> > >

> > > Using the Titleist 4 for price of 3 makes it even easier imo to buy

> >

> > Please explain exactly how their quality is well above other brands. What quality control work have you done on all commercial balls to determine this?

>

> I can't speak for the person you are quoting, and I don't think one could make an argument that Titleist's 'quality' is well above the competition, but their manufacturing tolerances and consistency coming off the line are unrivaled in the ball space. As I had previously mentioned, a lot of this has to do with their process being so vertical; they mix and mold their own cores, apply casing layers and urethane, etc. Other ball manufacturers are dependent on buying components piecemeal and assembling. So the argument is that Titleist's golf ball component consistency is better than a competitor buying cores piecemeal from plant A (potentially sight unseen) and shipping them to plant B for assembly.

> Additionally, Titleist actually has a dedicated team of 3-4 people who's sole job is to purchase retail versions of all conforming golf balls, cut and subsequently analyze the production consistency of ALL manufactured balls. They use this to better understand the competition and to provide a point of comparison regarding their manufacturing tolerances versus the industry. To my knowledge, there is no other ball manufacturer doing this.

Please the list the manufacturing tolerances for all ball manufacturers. I would like the actual numbers for each step in the process.

Hint: if you do not have access to these then how do you know their tolerances are unrivaled? Because Titleist claims they are?

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @new2g0lf said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> > > > > > Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

> > > > >

> > > > > Nope I said I would play a ball that is proven an consistent. What the pros play isn’t always the same ball that we get at retail.

> > > > >

> > > > > Pros also get paid to play a ball and a brand like TM when they do a full bag it’s top to bottom including ball and TM usually requires their staffers to play the latest and greatest.

> > > > >

> > > > > What the pros do and what I do aren’t related

> > > >

> > > > The pros have to play a ball that is approved by the USGA, so they usually are playing the same ball, unless they are playing some new prototype that is approved by the USGA but not available to the public yet. Maybe the golf balls the pro's use go through a bit higher quality control but otherwise I don't think there's a difference.

> > >

> > > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @Quasimoto said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @Pepperturbo said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Who wins with what ball does not define the value of a ball like ProV1. The number of ProV1 users, on the other hand, still beat all other balls. Yes, there are many other balls, but this provides facts. [https://is.gd/Dj4lVx](https://is.gd/Dj4lVx "https://is.gd/Dj4lVx") "Titleist golf ball players have recorded 120 victories around the world, nearly seven times the nearest competitor with 16. Since its introduction in 2000, the Pro V1 golf ball franchise has been the golf ball of choice for more than 2,900 champions worldwide."

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > They are almost all being paid to play the ball. Don't fall for their marketing gimmick. They have like a gazillion players under contract to play their ball which is a large part of the reason they have to charge $48/dz.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Yes, all players get a $$ taste if momentarily seen on TV camera wearing a hat or clothing with Titleist logo on them. If ProV1 wasn't an outstanding ball they wouldn't be playing it for the pittance they get.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > $65.00 a dozen here in Canada. However, TP5's are $60.00. So there is that.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > That’s like going to a different gas station to save $.03/gallon

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Not quite, it is 12% difference. I guess you can do the math. B)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Imo $5 difference in golf balls is pretty much even. I’ll spend the extra $5 to get a proven consistent ball. Then again that $5 for pretty much any product is insignificant

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > So are you saying that 3 of the top 5 players in the world are playing inferior balls and still winning at the highest level?

> > > > > > > > Seems to me a ludicrous suggestion. Possibly a paid Titleist shill?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nope I said I would play a ball that is proven an consistent. What the pros play isn’t always the same ball that we get at retail.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Pros also get paid to play a ball and a brand like TM when they do a full bag it’s top to bottom including ball and TM usually requires their staffers to play the latest and greatest.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What the pros do and what I do aren’t related

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So then, presumably according to that "the pros play isn't always the same ball we get at retail" also applies to the ProV1.

> > > > > > I get that, they have all kinds of support that we mere mortal golfers can't get. I'm not being argumentative here, just find it really difficult to justify that any of the top 4-5 urethane golf balls are inferior to any of the others. Different strokes for... I guess. And for those with budget restrictions, buy what you can afford.

> > > > >

> > > > > The other tour balls are good but what comes to retail the quality control of titleist is well above the other brands. If a person is shopping tour level balls and can’t spare the extra $5 for balls they might want to reconsider things in their lives. Titleist hasn’t changed the pricing of their balls for a long time yet Callaway has slowly increased their price and now like Tm and Bridgestone are imo insignificantly cheaper than Titleist.

> > > > >

> > > > > Using the Titleist 4 for price of 3 makes it even easier imo to buy

> > > >

> > > > You're going to need to back up your statement on quality control here and not reference some Titleist propaganda. Callaway and others introduced their premium balls at a lower price to speed up adoption of their golf balls by golfers who were not happy with Titleist pricing. Now that Callaway, TM and Bridgestone have premium golf balls many consider just as good or better than Titleist Pro V1 / X there's no need to undercut their price as much.

> > > >

> > > > The fact that more pro golfers are paid to play Titleist and are winning at a lower percentage than their competitors is proof there's not much if any difference between the premium golf balls out there. If Titleist were producing that much better of a golf ball they would be dominating the wins given the stable of players they pay.

> > >

> > > Check the USGA approved list you will see variations of balls from all the brands. The balls th pros play aren’t always what’s at retail but whatever the brand makes for them goes thru the approval process.

> > >

> > > Take a tour of the ball plant or google the videos out there of those who have had tours of other titleist facilities. QC is a very key role in what titleist does. They along with Bridgestone produce their tour stuff in the states and have control over the whole process.

> > >

> > > Those who think titleist is to expensive or that there’s better will question anything that those who state they are better so feel free to prove me wrong with your facts or testing

> > Titleist claims on their website 73% of the Tour players use Titleist golf balls but they only win 33% of the time. One would think if the ball was better, they'd win at a higher percentage. 27% of the Tour that doesn't play Titleist won 66% of the time.

> >

> > Brand Wins Money Won

> > Callaway 5 $7,266,000

> > Titleist 8 $10,501,000

> > TaylorMade 4 $6,551,000

> > Bridgestone 3 $3,708,000

> > Srixon 4 $3,204,000

>

> What does the number of wins vs the number of paid players have to do with quality of the ball? That would be more about the skill of the player over 4 days. Look at TM and who is playing their ball, 6 of the top 14 in the world are paid to play TM ball.

Finally, someone with a little common sense.

> @Albatross_seeker said:

> I heard from inside Titleist, they are switching the characteristics so the ProV1 will be the primary choice, the Pro V will go and the AVX will stay. There is evidence that they are doing this.

>

>

>

> As for being the best ball?

>

>

>

> There are so many balls to play that are high quality. Pro V is #1 in US because Titleist sponsors so many fledgling pros at the beginning of their careers.

>

>

>

> That is also changing.

>

>

>

> Loyalties change and the ROW does not have the same allegiance to Titleist as Americans do. Look at the LPGA, very international, many balls in play,the men are becoming more that way, but Collegiate NCAA golf is just slowing it a bit, that's all.

> @Albatross_seeker said:

> I heard from inside Titleist, they are switching the characteristics so the ProV1 will be the primary choice, the Pro V will go and the AVX will stay. There is evidence that they are doing this.

>

>

>

> As for being the best ball?

>

>

>

> There are so many balls to play that are high quality. Pro V is #1 in US because Titleist sponsors so many fledgling pros at the beginning of their careers.

>

>

>

> That is also changing.

>

>

>

> Loyalties change and the ROW does not have the same allegiance to Titleist as Americans do. Look at the LPGA, very international, many balls in play,the men are becoming more that way, but Collegiate NCAA golf is just slowing it a bit, that's all.

> @trackcoach13 said:

>

> > @RMGC_NV said:

> > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > >

> > > > The other tour balls are good but what comes to retail the quality control of titleist is well above the other brands. If a person is shopping tour level balls and can’t spare the extra $5 for balls they might want to reconsider things in their lives. Titleist hasn’t changed the pricing of their balls for a long time yet Callaway has slowly increased their price and now like Tm and Bridgestone are imo insignificantly cheaper than Titleist.

> > > >

> > > > Using the Titleist 4 for price of 3 makes it even easier imo to buy

> > >

> > > Please explain exactly how their quality is well above other brands. What quality control work have you done on all commercial balls to determine this?

> >

> > I can't speak for the person you are quoting, and I don't think one could make an argument that Titleist's 'quality' is well above the competition, but their manufacturing tolerances and consistency coming off the line are unrivaled in the ball space. As I had previously mentioned, a lot of this has to do with their process being so vertical; they mix and mold their own cores, apply casing layers and urethane, etc. Other ball manufacturers are dependent on buying components piecemeal and assembling. So the argument is that Titleist's golf ball component consistency is better than a competitor buying cores piecemeal from plant A (potentially sight unseen) and shipping them to plant B for assembly.

> > Additionally, Titleist actually has a dedicated team of 3-4 people who's sole job is to purchase retail versions of all conforming golf balls, cut and subsequently analyze the production consistency of ALL manufactured balls. They use this to better understand the competition and to provide a point of comparison regarding their manufacturing tolerances versus the industry. To my knowledge, there is no other ball manufacturer doing this.

>

> Please the list the manufacturing tolerances for all ball manufacturers. I would like the actual numbers for each step in the process.

>

> Hint: if you do not have access to these then how do you know their tolerances are unrivaled? Because Titleist claims they are?

I doubt any of them post their tolerances but feel free to jump in the Google machine and look. Based on the wrx visit to Callaway and what Titleist has on their website titleist has 700 more employees working on their ball production and qc efforts. I would say you can check out titleist website to see how detailed their stuff is but you would tske it as propaganda anyways.

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @trackcoach13 said:

> >

> > > @RMGC_NV said:

> > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > The other tour balls are good but what comes to retail the quality control of titleist is well above the other brands. If a person is shopping tour level balls and can’t spare the extra $5 for balls they might want to reconsider things in their lives. Titleist hasn’t changed the pricing of their balls for a long time yet Callaway has slowly increased their price and now like Tm and Bridgestone are imo insignificantly cheaper than Titleist.

> > > > >

> > > > > Using the Titleist 4 for price of 3 makes it even easier imo to buy

> > > >

> > > > Please explain exactly how their quality is well above other brands. What quality control work have you done on all commercial balls to determine this?

> > >

> > > I can't speak for the person you are quoting, and I don't think one could make an argument that Titleist's 'quality' is well above the competition, but their manufacturing tolerances and consistency coming off the line are unrivaled in the ball space. As I had previously mentioned, a lot of this has to do with their process being so vertical; they mix and mold their own cores, apply casing layers and urethane, etc. Other ball manufacturers are dependent on buying components piecemeal and assembling. So the argument is that Titleist's golf ball component consistency is better than a competitor buying cores piecemeal from plant A (potentially sight unseen) and shipping them to plant B for assembly.

> > > Additionally, Titleist actually has a dedicated team of 3-4 people who's sole job is to purchase retail versions of all conforming golf balls, cut and subsequently analyze the production consistency of ALL manufactured balls. They use this to better understand the competition and to provide a point of comparison regarding their manufacturing tolerances versus the industry. To my knowledge, there is no other ball manufacturer doing this.

> >

> > Please the list the manufacturing tolerances for all ball manufacturers. I would like the actual numbers for each step in the process.

> >

> > Hint: if you do not have access to these then how do you know their tolerances are unrivaled? Because Titleist claims they are?

>

> I doubt any of them post their tolerances but feel free to jump in the Google machine and look. Based on the wrx visit to Callaway and what Titleist has on their website titleist has 700 more employees working on their ball production and qc efforts. I would say you can check out titleist website to see how detailed their stuff is but you would tske it as propaganda anyways.

So you don't know anything factual but you do know it is unrivaled. Thanks for the deep insight.

> @trackcoach13 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > >

> > > > @RMGC_NV said:

> > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The other tour balls are good but what comes to retail the quality control of titleist is well above the other brands. If a person is shopping tour level balls and can’t spare the extra $5 for balls they might want to reconsider things in their lives. Titleist hasn’t changed the pricing of their balls for a long time yet Callaway has slowly increased their price and now like Tm and Bridgestone are imo insignificantly cheaper than Titleist.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Using the Titleist 4 for price of 3 makes it even easier imo to buy

> > > > >

> > > > > Please explain exactly how their quality is well above other brands. What quality control work have you done on all commercial balls to determine this?

> > > >

> > > > I can't speak for the person you are quoting, and I don't think one could make an argument that Titleist's 'quality' is well above the competition, but their manufacturing tolerances and consistency coming off the line are unrivaled in the ball space. As I had previously mentioned, a lot of this has to do with their process being so vertical; they mix and mold their own cores, apply casing layers and urethane, etc. Other ball manufacturers are dependent on buying components piecemeal and assembling. So the argument is that Titleist's golf ball component consistency is better than a competitor buying cores piecemeal from plant A (potentially sight unseen) and shipping them to plant B for assembly.

> > > > Additionally, Titleist actually has a dedicated team of 3-4 people who's sole job is to purchase retail versions of all conforming golf balls, cut and subsequently analyze the production consistency of ALL manufactured balls. They use this to better understand the competition and to provide a point of comparison regarding their manufacturing tolerances versus the industry. To my knowledge, there is no other ball manufacturer doing this.

> > >

> > > Please the list the manufacturing tolerances for all ball manufacturers. I would like the actual numbers for each step in the process.

> > >

> > > Hint: if you do not have access to these then how do you know their tolerances are unrivaled? Because Titleist claims they are?

> >

> > I doubt any of them post their tolerances but feel free to jump in the Google machine and look. Based on the wrx visit to Callaway and what Titleist has on their website titleist has 700 more employees working on their ball production and qc efforts. I would say you can check out titleist website to see how detailed their stuff is but you would tske it as propaganda anyways.

> So you don't know anything factual but you do know it is unrivaled. Thanks for the deep insight.

>

Glad I could help but even if there were facts you wouldn’t believe them anyways.

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > >

> > > > > @RMGC_NV said:

> > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The other tour balls are good but what comes to retail the quality control of titleist is well above the other brands. If a person is shopping tour level balls and can’t spare the extra $5 for balls they might want to reconsider things in their lives. Titleist hasn’t changed the pricing of their balls for a long time yet Callaway has slowly increased their price and now like Tm and Bridgestone are imo insignificantly cheaper than Titleist.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Using the Titleist 4 for price of 3 makes it even easier imo to buy

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Please explain exactly how their quality is well above other brands. What quality control work have you done on all commercial balls to determine this?

> > > > >

> > > > > I can't speak for the person you are quoting, and I don't think one could make an argument that Titleist's 'quality' is well above the competition, but their manufacturing tolerances and consistency coming off the line are unrivaled in the ball space. As I had previously mentioned, a lot of this has to do with their process being so vertical; they mix and mold their own cores, apply casing layers and urethane, etc. Other ball manufacturers are dependent on buying components piecemeal and assembling. So the argument is that Titleist's golf ball component consistency is better than a competitor buying cores piecemeal from plant A (potentially sight unseen) and shipping them to plant B for assembly.

> > > > > Additionally, Titleist actually has a dedicated team of 3-4 people who's sole job is to purchase retail versions of all conforming golf balls, cut and subsequently analyze the production consistency of ALL manufactured balls. They use this to better understand the competition and to provide a point of comparison regarding their manufacturing tolerances versus the industry. To my knowledge, there is no other ball manufacturer doing this.

> > > >

> > > > Please the list the manufacturing tolerances for all ball manufacturers. I would like the actual numbers for each step in the process.

> > > >

> > > > Hint: if you do not have access to these then how do you know their tolerances are unrivaled? Because Titleist claims they are?

> > >

> > > I doubt any of them post their tolerances but feel free to jump in the Google machine and look. Based on the wrx visit to Callaway and what Titleist has on their website titleist has 700 more employees working on their ball production and qc efforts. I would say you can check out titleist website to see how detailed their stuff is but you would tske it as propaganda anyways.

> > So you don't know anything factual but you do know it is unrivaled. Thanks for the deep insight.

> >

>

> Glad I could help but even if there were facts you wouldn’t believe them anyways.

Facts are facts. There is nothing to dispute or disbelieve. Marketing is garbage. However, I do understand Titleist's marketing strategy.

> @trackcoach13 said:

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > @GoGoErky said:

> > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > @RMGC_NV said:

> > > > > > > @trackcoach13 said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > The other tour balls are good but what comes to retail the quality control of titleist is well above the other brands. If a person is shopping tour level balls and can’t spare the extra $5 for balls they might want to reconsider things in their lives. Titleist hasn’t changed the pricing of their balls for a long time yet Callaway has slowly increased their price and now like Tm and Bridgestone are imo insignificantly cheaper than Titleist.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Using the Titleist 4 for price of 3 makes it even easier imo to buy

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Please explain exactly how their quality is well above other brands. What quality control work have you done on all commercial balls to determine this?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I can't speak for the person you are quoting, and I don't think one could make an argument that Titleist's 'quality' is well above the competition, but their manufacturing tolerances and consistency coming off the line are unrivaled in the ball space. As I had previously mentioned, a lot of this has to do with their process being so vertical; they mix and mold their own cores, apply casing layers and urethane, etc. Other ball manufacturers are dependent on buying components piecemeal and assembling. So the argument is that Titleist's golf ball component consistency is better than a competitor buying cores piecemeal from plant A (potentially sight unseen) and shipping them to plant B for assembly.

> > > > > > Additionally, Titleist actually has a dedicated team of 3-4 people who's sole job is to purchase retail versions of all conforming golf balls, cut and subsequently analyze the production consistency of ALL manufactured balls. They use this to better understand the competition and to provide a point of comparison regarding their manufacturing tolerances versus the industry. To my knowledge, there is no other ball manufacturer doing this.

> > > > >

> > > > > Please the list the manufacturing tolerances for all ball manufacturers. I would like the actual numbers for each step in the process.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hint: if you do not have access to these then how do you know their tolerances are unrivaled? Because Titleist claims they are?

> > > >

> > > > I doubt any of them post their tolerances but feel free to jump in the Google machine and look. Based on the wrx visit to Callaway and what Titleist has on their website titleist has 700 more employees working on their ball production and qc efforts. I would say you can check out titleist website to see how detailed their stuff is but you would tske it as propaganda anyways.

> > > So you don't know anything factual but you do know it is unrivaled. Thanks for the deep insight.

> > >

> >

> > Glad I could help but even if there were facts you wouldn’t believe them anyways.

>

> Facts are facts. There is nothing to dispute or disbelieve. Marketing is garbage. However, I do understand Titleist's marketing strategy.

No specifics and you’ll probably say it’s just marketing but you show me another golf ball company that has this many employees and years of experience as well as number of processes in place or owns this much of the manufacturing process.

https://www.titleist.com/company/manufacturing