New 2019 Bushnell Pro XE

I finally understand what you are saying. and I don't even know how to respond. what rangefinder have you used in the past that gave you the correct yardage given this same shot? I still don't see how the pro xe is gonna be wrong. maybe you don't actually hit your pw 140? because all my research and even confirming with bushnell today is that the unit takes into account elevation by temp and air pressure. so at your elevation 150 yds plays at 140. that makes 100% sense to me. so I am curious what rangefinder worked for you in the past at your 4500' courses??

Right now, I've got the Leupold GX4i as well. I've never even used the elevation. Not even sure it has it. Only the slope. I do hit my PW 140-145 at 4500', but at sea level, it's probably closer to 130-133 range. I play a lot of courses with elevated greens, and I like the slope feature. Really, it's all I need to be honest, and I like being able to stick it to the cart. The reason I'll probably keep this one. Seems a little quicker to get a yardage as well. I take a trip south every year during the winter though, and play several courses between 2000' down to sea level, and it affects the shot quite a bit. I was just hoping I could set the default to 4500', and when I took the trip, it would calculate what yardage to hit based on my home courses at 4500'. I was hoping I could go down there, and it would say 150 yards to the hole, but play it for 160 since you dropped 4000' in elevation. Or if I'm playing somewhere in between there, it would say play it for 155 since you are now at 2500'. Just make it a little quicker to pick a club, instead of trying to figure it out in my head first.

I can understand what youth are saying.

@Chubbydog , you really need to find out what sea level yardages you hit your clubs then work from there.

One thing I was thinking of about the temperature thing; I am in Houston and Scotland for all my golf this year. Scotland being my home country. at 15* C I hit my 7 iron 185 and I know this as its the average temp I play golf in. Now here in Houston I just got back from the range at 28* C and really humid and the ball was going miles.

What temp at sea level does the yardage actually play the yardage?

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

So being new to the jolt technology, is there a way to turn this on? I haven't had it jolt once in 4 rounds. I played with the mode set up, but I could only change the yards/meters, and the brightness. Does it only lock on the flags with the reflectors, or will the jolt come on with any flag? I couldn't find the instruction manual to download for this model.

> @Chubbydog said:

> So being new to the jolt technology, is there a way to turn this on? I haven't had it jolt once in 4 rounds. I played with the mode set up, but I could only change the yards/meters, and the brightness. Does it only lock on the flags with the reflectors, or will the jolt come on with any flag? I couldn't find the instruction manual to download for this model.

https://www.bushnellgolf.com/content/product/Laser%20Rangfinders/Pro%20XE/Manual/User_Manual_201950_Pro_XE_10LIM_FullManual_web.pdf

I used mine twice and was only able to get it to jolt a handful of times. I'm going to try what the manual says about moving it slowly across the area towards the flag and maybe that'll help. I copied and pasted the section in the manual about the jolt feature if it doesn't work for you on mobile.

"**PINSEEKER™ WITH VISUAL JOLT®**

Ever have trouble getting distance to the flag? This advanced mode allows easy acquisition of the flag without inadvertently

getting distances to background targets (i.e. trees) that have stronger signal strength.

**For ease of use, the device will always be in PinSeeker™ Mode.**

To use, align the aiming circle reticle onto the flag that you want distance to. Next, press and hold the Power/Fire button and

move the laser slowly across an area until the aiming circle at the center of the display is located over the flag or desired

object. If the laser beam recognized more than one object (for example, the flag and a group of trees behind it), only the

distance to the closest object (the flag) will be displayed. The JOLT Technology provides two short bursts of vibration to

confirm that the distance displayed is to the flag, and the red ring (Visual JOLT Indicator) around the outer edge of the

display is activated, confirming the laser has ranged the correct target via Pinseeker. There may be times when the laser

beam only sees one object in its path. In this case, the distance will be displayed, but because more than one object was not

acquired, no JOLT indication will be provided.

**Tip: While pressing the Power/Fire button, you can move the device slowly from object to object and intentionally force the laser to hit multiple objects

to ensure that you are only displaying the closest of the objects recognized by the laser. Once the device has shut off, the unit will always default back

to the last mode used.**"

Taylormade Stealth+
Titleist TSi2 5W
PXG 0317x 22°
PXG Gen3 0311P 4i

PXG Gen4 0311T 5i-Gw
JP Golf Premier Wedge 54° & 58°
Kari Lajosi Damascus LP808

> @Laznasty said:

>

>

> https://www.bushnellgolf.com/content/product/Laser%20Rangfinders/Pro%20XE/Manual/User_Manual_201950_Pro_XE_10LIM_FullManual_web.pdf

> I used mine twice and was only able to get it to jolt a handful of times. I'm going to try what the manual says about moving it slowly across the area towards the flag and maybe that'll help. I copied and pasted the section in the manual about the jolt feature if it doesn't work for you on mobile.

> "**PINSEEKER™ WITH VISUAL JOLT®**

> Ever have trouble getting distance to the flag? This advanced mode allows easy acquisition of the flag without inadvertently

> getting distances to background targets (i.e. trees) that have stronger signal strength.

> **For ease of use, the device will always be in PinSeeker™ Mode.**

> To use, align the aiming circle reticle onto the flag that you want distance to. Next, press and hold the Power/Fire button and

> move the laser slowly across an area until the aiming circle at the center of the display is located over the flag or desired

> object. If the laser beam recognized more than one object (for example, the flag and a group of trees behind it), only the

> distance to the closest object (the flag) will be displayed. The JOLT Technology provides two short bursts of vibration to

> confirm that the distance displayed is to the flag, and the red ring (Visual JOLT Indicator) around the outer edge of the

> display is activated, confirming the laser has ranged the correct target via Pinseeker. There may be times when the laser

> beam only sees one object in its path. In this case, the distance will be displayed, but because more than one object was not

> acquired, no JOLT indication will be provided.

> **Tip: While pressing the Power/Fire button, you can move the device slowly from object to object and intentionally force the laser to hit multiple objects

> to ensure that you are only displaying the closest of the objects recognized by the laser. Once the device has shut off, the unit will always default back

> to the last mode used.**"

Thank you. That makes sense, but I can't get this to JOLT on anything. I sat about 75 yards from a pin yesterday, and kept trying it. Never once could I get it to vibrate, or see the visual JOLT. I thought there would be a setting, or something I didn't have turned on. I remember playing with one from last year, and it seemed to lock on to every pin, and vibrate right away. I like that feeling knowing I've locked on to the right object.

> @Chubbydog said:

> > @Laznasty said:

> >

> >

> > https://www.bushnellgolf.com/content/product/Laser%20Rangfinders/Pro%20XE/Manual/User_Manual_201950_Pro_XE_10LIM_FullManual_web.pdf

> > I used mine twice and was only able to get it to jolt a handful of times. I'm going to try what the manual says about moving it slowly across the area towards the flag and maybe that'll help. I copied and pasted the section in the manual about the jolt feature if it doesn't work for you on mobile.

> > "**PINSEEKER™ WITH VISUAL JOLT®**

> > Ever have trouble getting distance to the flag? This advanced mode allows easy acquisition of the flag without inadvertently

> > getting distances to background targets (i.e. trees) that have stronger signal strength.

> > **For ease of use, the device will always be in PinSeeker™ Mode.**

> > To use, align the aiming circle reticle onto the flag that you want distance to. Next, press and hold the Power/Fire button and

> > move the laser slowly across an area until the aiming circle at the center of the display is located over the flag or desired

> > object. If the laser beam recognized more than one object (for example, the flag and a group of trees behind it), only the

> > distance to the closest object (the flag) will be displayed. The JOLT Technology provides two short bursts of vibration to

> > confirm that the distance displayed is to the flag, and the red ring (Visual JOLT Indicator) around the outer edge of the

> > display is activated, confirming the laser has ranged the correct target via Pinseeker. There may be times when the laser

> > beam only sees one object in its path. In this case, the distance will be displayed, but because more than one object was not

> > acquired, no JOLT indication will be provided.

> > **Tip: While pressing the Power/Fire button, you can move the device slowly from object to object and intentionally force the laser to hit multiple objects

> > to ensure that you are only displaying the closest of the objects recognized by the laser. Once the device has shut off, the unit will always default back

> > to the last mode used.**"

>

> Thank you. That makes sense, but I can't get this to JOLT on anything. I sat about 75 yards from a pin yesterday, and kept trying it. Never once could I get it to vibrate, or see the visual JOLT. I thought there would be a setting, or something I didn't have turned on. I remember playing with one from last year, and it seemed to lock on to every pin, and vibrate right away. I like that feeling knowing I've locked on to the right object.

>

Try this: Aim at trees beyond the flag; press & hold the fire button to get yardarge; now pan to the flag.

I had the same problem as well. The problem sounds like it may be designed to not jolt if the closest object is picked up first. My habit is to aim at the flag right away and shoot. The Pro X2 would lock and jolt in that scenario.

The Pro XE seems to have different Jolt logic programmed. Once I started aiming at objects behind the flag first then scan to the flag, the XE will jolt and lock on. Annoying IMO...

> @Twohey said:

> > @Chubbydog said:

> > > @Laznasty said:

> > >

> > >

> > > https://www.bushnellgolf.com/content/product/Laser%20Rangfinders/Pro%20XE/Manual/User_Manual_201950_Pro_XE_10LIM_FullManual_web.pdf

> > > I used mine twice and was only able to get it to jolt a handful of times. I'm going to try what the manual says about moving it slowly across the area towards the flag and maybe that'll help. I copied and pasted the section in the manual about the jolt feature if it doesn't work for you on mobile.

> > > "**PINSEEKER™ WITH VISUAL JOLT®**

> > > Ever have trouble getting distance to the flag? This advanced mode allows easy acquisition of the flag without inadvertently

> > > getting distances to background targets (i.e. trees) that have stronger signal strength.

> > > **For ease of use, the device will always be in PinSeeker™ Mode.**

> > > To use, align the aiming circle reticle onto the flag that you want distance to. Next, press and hold the Power/Fire button and

> > > move the laser slowly across an area until the aiming circle at the center of the display is located over the flag or desired

> > > object. If the laser beam recognized more than one object (for example, the flag and a group of trees behind it), only the

> > > distance to the closest object (the flag) will be displayed. The JOLT Technology provides two short bursts of vibration to

> > > confirm that the distance displayed is to the flag, and the red ring (Visual JOLT Indicator) around the outer edge of the

> > > display is activated, confirming the laser has ranged the correct target via Pinseeker. There may be times when the laser

> > > beam only sees one object in its path. In this case, the distance will be displayed, but because more than one object was not

> > > acquired, no JOLT indication will be provided.

> > > **Tip: While pressing the Power/Fire button, you can move the device slowly from object to object and intentionally force the laser to hit multiple objects

> > > to ensure that you are only displaying the closest of the objects recognized by the laser. Once the device has shut off, the unit will always default back

> > > to the last mode used.**"

> >

> > Thank you. That makes sense, but I can't get this to JOLT on anything. I sat about 75 yards from a pin yesterday, and kept trying it. Never once could I get it to vibrate, or see the visual JOLT. I thought there would be a setting, or something I didn't have turned on. I remember playing with one from last year, and it seemed to lock on to every pin, and vibrate right away. I like that feeling knowing I've locked on to the right object.

> >

> Try this: Aim at trees beyond the flag; press & hold the fire button to get yardarge; now pan to the flag.

>

> I had the same problem as well. The problem sounds like it may be designed to not jolt if the closest object is picked up first. My habit is to aim at the flag right away and shoot. The Pro X2 would lock and jolt in that scenario.

> The Pro XE seems to have different Jolt logic programmed. Once I started aiming at objects behind the flag first then scan to the flag, the XE will jolt and lock on. Annoying IMO...

>

I came from the X2 as well and I'm used to just going straight for the flag, so thanks for the pointer I'll definitely give it a shot! Now all I need is for the weather to cooperate. It was in the 70's over the weekend and now it's back down to the 40's... Gotta love the weather in the Midwest this time of year.

Taylormade Stealth+
Titleist TSi2 5W
PXG 0317x 22°
PXG Gen3 0311P 4i

PXG Gen4 0311T 5i-Gw
JP Golf Premier Wedge 54° & 58°
Kari Lajosi Damascus LP808

> @Twohey said:

> > @Chubbydog said:

> > > @Laznasty said:

> > >

> > >

> > > https://www.bushnellgolf.com/content/product/Laser%20Rangfinders/Pro%20XE/Manual/User_Manual_201950_Pro_XE_10LIM_FullManual_web.pdf

> > > I used mine twice and was only able to get it to jolt a handful of times. I'm going to try what the manual says about moving it slowly across the area towards the flag and maybe that'll help. I copied and pasted the section in the manual about the jolt feature if it doesn't work for you on mobile.

> > > "**PINSEEKER™ WITH VISUAL JOLT®**

> > > Ever have trouble getting distance to the flag? This advanced mode allows easy acquisition of the flag without inadvertently

> > > getting distances to background targets (i.e. trees) that have stronger signal strength.

> > > **For ease of use, the device will always be in PinSeeker™ Mode.**

> > > To use, align the aiming circle reticle onto the flag that you want distance to. Next, press and hold the Power/Fire button and

> > > move the laser slowly across an area until the aiming circle at the center of the display is located over the flag or desired

> > > object. If the laser beam recognized more than one object (for example, the flag and a group of trees behind it), only the

> > > distance to the closest object (the flag) will be displayed. The JOLT Technology provides two short bursts of vibration to

> > > confirm that the distance displayed is to the flag, and the red ring (Visual JOLT Indicator) around the outer edge of the

> > > display is activated, confirming the laser has ranged the correct target via Pinseeker. There may be times when the laser

> > > beam only sees one object in its path. In this case, the distance will be displayed, but because more than one object was not

> > > acquired, no JOLT indication will be provided.

> > > **Tip: While pressing the Power/Fire button, you can move the device slowly from object to object and intentionally force the laser to hit multiple objects

> > > to ensure that you are only displaying the closest of the objects recognized by the laser. Once the device has shut off, the unit will always default back

> > > to the last mode used.**"

> >

> > Thank you. That makes sense, but I can't get this to JOLT on anything. I sat about 75 yards from a pin yesterday, and kept trying it. Never once could I get it to vibrate, or see the visual JOLT. I thought there would be a setting, or something I didn't have turned on. I remember playing with one from last year, and it seemed to lock on to every pin, and vibrate right away. I like that feeling knowing I've locked on to the right object.

> >

> Try this: Aim at trees beyond the flag; press & hold the fire button to get yardarge; now pan to the flag.

>

> I had the same problem as well. The problem sounds like it may be designed to not jolt if the closest object is picked up first. My habit is to aim at the flag right away and shoot. The Pro X2 would lock and jolt in that scenario.

> The Pro XE seems to have different Jolt logic programmed. Once I started aiming at objects behind the flag first then scan to the flag, the XE will jolt and lock on. Annoying IMO...

>

Interesting.

I am using mine at a tree lined course next week then back to Scotland and links golf so there will be no trees so see how it goes there.

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

> @scott_Donald said:

> > @Twohey said:

> > > @Chubbydog said:

> > > > @Laznasty said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > https://www.bushnellgolf.com/content/product/Laser%20Rangfinders/Pro%20XE/Manual/User_Manual_201950_Pro_XE_10LIM_FullManual_web.pdf

> > > > I used mine twice and was only able to get it to jolt a handful of times. I'm going to try what the manual says about moving it slowly across the area towards the flag and maybe that'll help. I copied and pasted the section in the manual about the jolt feature if it doesn't work for you on mobile.

> > > > "**PINSEEKER™ WITH VISUAL JOLT®**

> > > > Ever have trouble getting distance to the flag? This advanced mode allows easy acquisition of the flag without inadvertently

> > > > getting distances to background targets (i.e. trees) that have stronger signal strength.

> > > > **For ease of use, the device will always be in PinSeeker™ Mode.**

> > > > To use, align the aiming circle reticle onto the flag that you want distance to. Next, press and hold the Power/Fire button and

> > > > move the laser slowly across an area until the aiming circle at the center of the display is located over the flag or desired

> > > > object. If the laser beam recognized more than one object (for example, the flag and a group of trees behind it), only the

> > > > distance to the closest object (the flag) will be displayed. The JOLT Technology provides two short bursts of vibration to

> > > > confirm that the distance displayed is to the flag, and the red ring (Visual JOLT Indicator) around the outer edge of the

> > > > display is activated, confirming the laser has ranged the correct target via Pinseeker. There may be times when the laser

> > > > beam only sees one object in its path. In this case, the distance will be displayed, but because more than one object was not

> > > > acquired, no JOLT indication will be provided.

> > > > **Tip: While pressing the Power/Fire button, you can move the device slowly from object to object and intentionally force the laser to hit multiple objects

> > > > to ensure that you are only displaying the closest of the objects recognized by the laser. Once the device has shut off, the unit will always default back

> > > > to the last mode used.**"

> > >

> > > Thank you. That makes sense, but I can't get this to JOLT on anything. I sat about 75 yards from a pin yesterday, and kept trying it. Never once could I get it to vibrate, or see the visual JOLT. I thought there would be a setting, or something I didn't have turned on. I remember playing with one from last year, and it seemed to lock on to every pin, and vibrate right away. I like that feeling knowing I've locked on to the right object.

> > >

> > Try this: Aim at trees beyond the flag; press & hold the fire button to get yardarge; now pan to the flag.

> >

> > I had the same problem as well. The problem sounds like it may be designed to not jolt if the closest object is picked up first. My habit is to aim at the flag right away and shoot. The Pro X2 would lock and jolt in that scenario.

> > The Pro XE seems to have different Jolt logic programmed. Once I started aiming at objects behind the flag first then scan to the flag, the XE will jolt and lock on. Annoying IMO...

> >

>

> Interesting.

>

> I am using mine at a tree lined course next week then back to Scotland and links golf so there will be no trees so see how it goes there.

The main thing is to just shoot something further away, then pan to the pin. Hopefully your usual courses have other objects you can use as target.

> @Twohey said:

> > @scott_Donald said:

> > > @Twohey said:

> > > > @Chubbydog said:

> > > > > @Laznasty said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > https://www.bushnellgolf.com/content/product/Laser%20Rangfinders/Pro%20XE/Manual/User_Manual_201950_Pro_XE_10LIM_FullManual_web.pdf

> > > > > I used mine twice and was only able to get it to jolt a handful of times. I'm going to try what the manual says about moving it slowly across the area towards the flag and maybe that'll help. I copied and pasted the section in the manual about the jolt feature if it doesn't work for you on mobile.

> > > > > "**PINSEEKER™ WITH VISUAL JOLT®**

> > > > > Ever have trouble getting distance to the flag? This advanced mode allows easy acquisition of the flag without inadvertently

> > > > > getting distances to background targets (i.e. trees) that have stronger signal strength.

> > > > > **For ease of use, the device will always be in PinSeeker™ Mode.**

> > > > > To use, align the aiming circle reticle onto the flag that you want distance to. Next, press and hold the Power/Fire button and

> > > > > move the laser slowly across an area until the aiming circle at the center of the display is located over the flag or desired

> > > > > object. If the laser beam recognized more than one object (for example, the flag and a group of trees behind it), only the

> > > > > distance to the closest object (the flag) will be displayed. The JOLT Technology provides two short bursts of vibration to

> > > > > confirm that the distance displayed is to the flag, and the red ring (Visual JOLT Indicator) around the outer edge of the

> > > > > display is activated, confirming the laser has ranged the correct target via Pinseeker. There may be times when the laser

> > > > > beam only sees one object in its path. In this case, the distance will be displayed, but because more than one object was not

> > > > > acquired, no JOLT indication will be provided.

> > > > > **Tip: While pressing the Power/Fire button, you can move the device slowly from object to object and intentionally force the laser to hit multiple objects

> > > > > to ensure that you are only displaying the closest of the objects recognized by the laser. Once the device has shut off, the unit will always default back

> > > > > to the last mode used.**"

> > > >

> > > > Thank you. That makes sense, but I can't get this to JOLT on anything. I sat about 75 yards from a pin yesterday, and kept trying it. Never once could I get it to vibrate, or see the visual JOLT. I thought there would be a setting, or something I didn't have turned on. I remember playing with one from last year, and it seemed to lock on to every pin, and vibrate right away. I like that feeling knowing I've locked on to the right object.

> > > >

> > > Try this: Aim at trees beyond the flag; press & hold the fire button to get yardarge; now pan to the flag.

> > >

> > > I had the same problem as well. The problem sounds like it may be designed to not jolt if the closest object is picked up first. My habit is to aim at the flag right away and shoot. The Pro X2 would lock and jolt in that scenario.

> > > The Pro XE seems to have different Jolt logic programmed. Once I started aiming at objects behind the flag first then scan to the flag, the XE will jolt and lock on. Annoying IMO...

> > >

> >

> > Interesting.

> >

> > I am using mine at a tree lined course next week then back to Scotland and links golf so there will be no trees so see how it goes there.

>

> The main thing is to just shoot something further away, then pan to the pin. Hopefully your usual courses have other objects you can use as target.

In Houston most of this year but will be golfing about 2 months home in Scotland this summer. Need to make the most of my membership there!

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

> @Chubbydog said:

> So being new to the jolt technology, is there a way to turn this on? I haven't had it jolt once in 4 rounds. I played with the mode set up, but I could only change the yards/meters, and the brightness. Does it only lock on the flags with the reflectors, or will the jolt come on with any flag? I couldn't find the instruction manual to download for this model.

I'm having the same problem as well. I was thinking I bought a defective product. This is my first Bushnell rangefinder so I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong.

I'm going to try what was suggested above also and hope for the best.

well after using mine yesterday. key to get the jolt is keep your finger on the button. then pan to the flag and boom. thanks for all the tips earlier.

Massive upgrade over my 1600 Tournament that is still going strong after 10 years!

still trying to figure out the adjusted yardages and how they relate to me who's yardages are based off playing in Scotland.

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

> @pat_kato said:

> I'm having the same problem as well. I was thinking I bought a defective product. This is my first Bushnell rangefinder so I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong.

>

> I'm going to try what was suggested above also and hope for the best.

>

>

I ended up taking my first one back, and getting another one. The first one I received was defective I believe. The guy there couldn't get it to vibrate on anything. Tried a couple different ones till we found one that would. I ended up taking that one. I've had it jolt a couple different times by panning on something behind the flag, and then going to the flag. This one is working 1out of 6 or 7 times. I've got a feeling that I'm gonna be taking this one back, and just getting last years model. That one seems to work quite a bit better than this. The element feature is worthless to me at elevation, and the jolt only works 20% of the time. Hopefully by next year, they can work out the bugs, and make it work for people at all elevations. I'll probably play with it for a few more weeks first, and then decide.

> @scott_Donald said:

> well after using mine yesterday. key to get the jolt is keep your finger on the button. then pan to the flag and boom. thanks for all the tips earlier.

>

> Massive upgrade over my 1600 Tournament that is still going strong after 10 years!

>

> still trying to figure out the adjusted yardages and how they relate to me who's yardages are based off playing in Scotland.

This worked great for me. Worked consistently for me. Love this thing now. That Bite magnet is legit. MASSIVE upgrade from my Nikon Coolshot 20.

Why golf rangefinders are 5x cost of hunting ones is beyond me, they dont do anything much different.........they just know golfers are suckers.........found hunting ones that do everything my $400 bushnell does for $99..........cept jolt when flag is hit, lol

Yeah that worth an extra $300, haha

I am the sucker this time

Better believe when this one craps out tho I will not buy another golf specific one........

• Like 1

to date, i am really disappointed in the quality of this unit, as i mentioned above, the rubber eye cup started peeling away within a couple of rounds. i exchanged for a gx 5i3 and the leupold is just better quality. i like the display better too with the leupold. both are great at locking on targets and quickly. i am just not sure how much more accurate the bushnell will be as far as the air pressure and temp. vs the leupold where i manually enter temp and elevation. i imagine for me,, it will be negligible.

• 2 weeks later...

well a few rounds with my XE and so far so good -

Pros:

Its fast.

Clear when it grabs the flag.

Elements is definitely accurate, certainly pin high more often, also striking the ball awesome helps.

Bite mount was perfect for Buggys.

Cons:

The case sucks, improved my a**, hard to get it out and I am just going to use the specific pocket in my Hoofer.

Played links today and it struggled to get a couple flags with no backdrop behind it.

I still want to know exactly how Elements works, so far its accurate enough but I don't understand how it gets the distance differences. Last night was cold, sea level and I was getting 10 yards to add on to 140 yard shots. Today it was warmer on the same course and was getting 4 yards. When I was in Houston it was much warmer but it was giving me 4 yards to add on also.

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

Ti-CIP, couldnt agree more on the declining quality of Bushnell products, Leupold's are a much higher quality build and as mentioned all over these threads the technology is about the same on much lower priced units that capture the flag and screen out any background yardages, in my opinion the market will continue to move away from the "High price" brands as people realize they are no better.

I purchased one, and can only say it is great. Works fast, the "play as" or elements feature is helpful. I have no problem with the jolt tech at all. I'm a little confused why others are. Don't have a problem with the case either, but my rangefinders sits in a pocket of my bag anyway. Replaced a Nikon one. I was not always sure I was acquiring the right target, and probably spent too much time trying to figure that out. The jolt tech has helped me with accurate and fast information. Very happy with it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I plopped down the coin for one of these about a month ago. Super happy with it so far! I was coming from an old Nikon Monarch that still works good, but didn’t have any tech in it.

Paradym 3D Swing Balance Yellow
Ping G430 LST 3w Ventus Red 8X

Ping G430 Max 7w Ventus Red 8X

PXG Gen6 0311P 4-G, SteelFiber PR

Edel SMS 54* & 60*

L.A.B. DF2.1 Stability Tour

First time with the Pro XE. I give it a huge thumbs up. Fast and accurate. Love the red on it, got the jolt when locked on the flag. Optics are fantastic, nothing better out there. Case was easy to get in and out of, however wish it was like the one I had on my Tour x. Still I give it an A+, looking forward to the next round.

has anyone managed to get the laser on the flat to say it's paying less than the real yardage?

Today it was 96*F humid and still was saying playing the yardage - 177 was 177.

Last week Scotland 55*F humid and saying 140 was 148.

Still never seen it to estimate less on the flat.

• Artisan  55*, 60* S400

I have a couple of rounds under my belt now with my Pro XE and this is a massive improvement on old my ancient Bushnell which is about 8 years old now. Locking onto any target is super quick, the display is bright and clear. Very happy with my purchase!

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour 

• 1 month later...

For the price of this thing, it should be able to adjust yardage based on what I had for breakfast. I just played with a guy who bought it, and we compared the yardages to my 5 year old Leupold (with slope) and our yardages varied by a couple of yards on average. It's a nice rangefinder, but has a lot of gimmicks that aren't worth the $$$ for me.