Warrick's WITB - Titleist takeover?

I am not sure it is yet. I have played my last few rounds with my 900F set, and have been hitting it really well. I think I prefer the thinner sole, but could game either. The fli-hi is part of a combo set that may go on the BST. I was also considering the new JPX Utility coming out in Feb.

I don't have a lot to mess with this winter, so just trying a few things. It looks like tomorrow may be last round til Palm Dessert in Feb.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• 3 weeks later...

I finally read the whole thread and loved the journey. I’m a Mizuno iron fan too I have an old set of MP-33s and currently game a set of MMCs 6-P. I played around with a used set of MP-4s at my local shop last weekend and now have the itch to swap out 8-P. I also have 4 & 5 MMC Fli-Hi but find my Hogan VKTRs easier to hit.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much going on this off season.....

I have a JPX 919F 5 iron en route to complete the iron set, wedges are set, hybrids set. I am still tinkering between Rogue SZ 13.5 with EF T1100, and Rogue SZ 15 with PO, Epic PO driver going to keep chugging. I hit a few new drivers, nothing really impressed me, and I trimmed my Epic down to 46 1/4 from 47, liked it 1 round in.

I will put a new Stroke Lab 7s in the bag once released.

Headed to Palm Desert 2/9-2/16, break from Iowa winter, folks have a new place.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• 4 weeks later...

Stroke Lab #7s is on the way, as is a Cobra F9\white\Atmos 7s\46". I got good deals, couple new toys to try out. I also picked up a Pro White 70s for driver testing, but most likely a shaft for the Rogue SZ 3+. I as have EF T1100 driver and 3w shaft to test.

Leaving for Palm Desert Saturday morning for a week. Ship Sticks delivered yesterday, sent a bag out to stay.

GBB - 9* Rogue I\o 60, Epic SZ 13.5 HZRDUS yellow, Cally815 3/4 hybrids with Diamana S+ 80 - JPX 900F 5-P Modus 125, T7 50/54/58 Modus 125, and an O-works #2 wide.

The jpx 919F 5 iron is awesome,right in the bag.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Stroke Lab #7s is on the way, as is a Cobra F9\white\Atmos 7s\46". I got good deals, couple new toys to try out. I also picked up a Pro White 70s for driver testing, but most likely a shaft for the Rogue SZ 3+. I as have EF T1100 driver and 3w shaft to test.

Leaving for Palm Desert Saturday morning for a week. Ship Sticks delivered yesterday, sent a bag out to stay.

GBB - 9* Rogue I\o 60, Epic SZ 13.5 HZRDUS yellow, Cally815 3/4 hybrids with Diamana S+ 80 - JPX 900F 5-P Modus 125, T7 50/54/58 Modus 125, and an O-works #2 wide.

The jpx 919F 5 iron is awesome,right in the bag.

I always thought that was a great idea having a second set at your parents place for when you go visit. The only issues that I would personally have with doing that myself would be: spending money to update both bags throughout the years could get expensive (although you could just send the equipment that gets cycled out of your gamer bag out there as you get new stuff), and I would have to constantly remind my parents to not let anyone else use my clubs which they would still probably ignore haha.

Callaway Epic Sub Zero 10.5 - Fuji Pro 63x Tour Spec
Callaway Rogue 15 - Project X HZRDUS Yellow 75 6.5
Taylormade TP UDI 3 iron - X100 AMT Tour Issue
Mizuno 919T 4-9- X100 AMT Tour White
Mizuno T7 46 - X100 AMT Tour White
Mizuno T7 50, 56, & 60 - S400 Tour Issue
Taylormade TP Ardmore 3

Yes. it will absolutely turn into updating 2 bags, no doubt. I can already see the F9 or OG Epic loser getting sent out for our trip in November. The rest is pretty solid though, love the 900F and T7's, 3w and hybrids are great. If I like the stroke lab, will send out the black 7s o-works.

At 2 trips a year, should be a good enough bag.

My bro is out there now, has his own bag, and my uncle is lefty,so should be good (should).

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• 1 month later...

kdv7h52rt6sh.jpgpsnkvtqabaft.jpgnekrw1c012fg.jpgHome course opens today, giving the F9 set the start for the beginning of the season.  I liked most of what I saw at the simulator, hoping it translates on course.

I like the new Stroke Lab, but need a new grip.  I had my custom v-line redone at Continental over the winter and it will be in the bag to start the season.

Pics of the new starters  (irons\wedges - no change).

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> Hey Warrick, I’m not here too often but stumbled in to add a reply to my WITB and found yours. Enjoyed reading it all and all your experiments!  You have (and have had) some awfully nice stuff. 

Thank you.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

I have a few rounds in, most recent being a solid 76 with some quality short game and putting in 45 degree weather, up and down 8 times....

I have moved over to Cobra at the top end for now, just really great feeling clubs, seems better dispersion with no loss of yardage. The F9 Tour fairways look so compact and perfect, and I think I like the rails. I added the new JPX FliHi in the spot between 5w and 5 iron, with a LZ steel shaft, just one round with it so far, but seems to hit the window, fill the gap and much easier than a 4 iron for someone who does not swing overly fast. I love the irons and wedges, not going anywhere. The redo of my custom v-line is perfect, color scheme pops over the ball, putting really well to start the season.

I tested and sold a Stroke Lab 7s, actually prefer the o-works insert and heavier overall feel of my custom.

I also built a full on backup bag that I can just run out anytime I want a change. Epic driver, Pro Orange, Epic SZ 3+, Pro white, Epic 3H Pro white, 900 Forged 4-G (new) kbs Tour, T7 54-58, black o-works 7s in a new Silencer bag.

Weather getting better each week, time to play some golf.....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

This is an enjoyable read. So are you still gaming the 900F or are those backups now in favor of 919 Tours 6-P with a 919F 5 iron? Am wondering how both those 919s compare to the 900F, agreed upon as one of the great irons ever.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Thanks.

Funny you ask, decided to game the 900f set yesterday just for fun, and honestly not much difference in how they play versus the 919F/T combo, definitely like the 919 better at address, but both sets are great.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

I'm just here to see how all the ho'ing is going. :)

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

> @Warrick said:

> Thanks.

> Funny you ask, decided to game the 900f set yesterday just for fun, and honestly not much difference in how they play versus the 919F/T combo, definitely like the 919 better at address, but both sets are great.

I was hitting a 900F 7 iron yesterday. Just to easy to hammer it. It seems in terms of dimensions and MOI the 919 Tour does not appear to be a giant jump in difficulty from the 900F. (I found the 900 Tours too demanding.)

In some ways the 900F seems less like the 919F (though offset is exactly the same) than it does the 919 Tour. It seems as if Mizuno really found some nice ways to make the Tour heads friendlier.

> @dmeeksDC said:

> > @Warrick said:

> > Thanks.

> > Funny you ask, decided to game the 900f set yesterday just for fun, and honestly not much difference in how they play versus the 919F/T combo, definitely like the 919 better at address, but both sets are great.

>

> I was hitting a 900F 7 iron yesterday. Just to easy to hammer it. It seems in terms of dimensions and MOI the 919 Tour does not appear to be a giant jump in difficulty from the 900F. (I found the 900 Tours too demanding.)

>

> In some ways the 900F seems less like the 919F (though offset is exactly the same) than it does the 919 Tour. It seems as if Mizuno really found some nice ways to make the Tour heads friendlier.

Exactly! They seemed to find a way to blend the better looks of the T, and the forgiveness of the F in the 919 line. I am extremely impressed with the 919T, and may very well buy another set next Spring.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

All set, F9 Tour 5w is in, bag set... for the most part

I do have 3 clubs, I am going back and forth on for the spot between the 5w and 5iron. I have a new JPX FLIHi, but the tool at the golf shop put a midsize grip on, can't do it, need it switched out (I tried at home yesterday, I suck, tried everything to get a new grip on), Apex 4H, and the Epic I can set at 22. The Epic has been solid since I put the Pro White in, so will let it roll for now, but will run the JPX again when I get a proper grip on it.

I am in love with my custom v-line putter again, the new silver\black color scheme is awesome, and I just like the softer feel of the o-works, have the right grip, putting as well as ever this Spring.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

> @Warrick said:

> All set, F9 Tour 5w is in, bag set... for the most part

> I do have 3 clubs, I am going back and forth on for the spot between the 5w and 5iron. I have a new JPX FLIHi, but the tool at the golf shop put a midsize grip on, can't do it, need it switched out (I tried at home yesterday, I suck, tried everything to get a new grip on), Apex 4H, and the Epic I can set at 22. The Epic has been solid since I put the Pro White in, so will let it roll for now, but will run the JPX again when I get a proper grip on it.

> I am in love with my custom v-line putter again, the new silver\black color scheme is awesome, and I just like the softer feel of the o-works, have the right grip, putting as well as ever this Spring.

The O Works is underrated. I am trying out a Sabertooth right now. Very stable. Wish it had the O works. I am definitely sticking with a mallet or at least a mid-mallet. Just online a lot more consistently.

On that tricky spot between 5 wood and 5 iron, I have looked at a lot. I like the Cobra F9 so much in 3 wood that I want to add one. Cant decide between 5/6 or 7/8. Kind of like the 5/6 set at about 19, but that will go longer than 200 yards and I need that distance. A 4 hybrid may be the ticket but it needs to have a flatter lie. Once a hybrid gets a lot of loft on it, it seems to aim left to me from address. Tough to get those 200-240 yardages filled in. So many clubs seem to have similar specs in those spots but they fly such different distances.

Yep, really like everything else in the bag, did just add a lower bounce LW - T7 58/8, never tried one before, but can easily switch back to the 58/12 if needed. I think that jpx FliHi can work, just need it gripped, but have a few options there, even a jpx 900F 4 iron, one of them will work

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

At 4 iron: MMC Fli-Hi vs JPX 900F. Which do you prefer off turf?

Struggling with driver this Spring, been swapping back and forth between Epic and F9. I took out a short driver yesterday, and was much more in control, but don't like the big, heavy head on the short shaft, just feels off balance. I have been hitting the tiny headed F9 Tour fairway woods, better than I have hit any other woods, period. So, with the thought of a closer to 3 wood length, and much smaller head, went ahead and ordered a new TM mini driver to see if I can't solve this issue.

Has to be the clubs right, can't be crappy, inconsistent driver swings......

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• 2 months later...

> @andfri said:

> What is your update on OO Mini Driver?

That and the F9 are sold, Epic and PO back in. Only changes to bag this year is F9 Tour 3/5.

919T are amazing

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• 2 weeks later...

Only changes that stuck this year were F9 Tour fairway woods, still loving them.

I held off to take a peek at the MP20, but not doing blades again, and none of the others will look as good as 919T at address. I sold my F9 driver, Original One, mint backup set of 900F and a few wedges.

My first ever custom built iron set is being worked on as I type this.

919F 5 iron - 919T 6-9, T7 45-49 (new), being built to my specs with new LZ Blackout shafts, white ferrules with a black ring and white pure pro grips. I will play these 2 sets of 919T for years, and have 2, almost 3 sets of T7. I am done chasing a driver, might finally have come out of the HO phase. I will mot take my putter from my bag until it has no face left on it, then will need to try and get Odyssey to put a replacement in.

• Like 1

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

> @ProjectX_Mizuno said:

> Did you ever put your 919 Tours up against the Srixon 785’s? I am looking at both sets right now as a backup.

No, 945 is only Srixon set I have played

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• Warrick changed the title to Warrick's WITB - Titleist takeover?