2019 Masters Tournament hosted by ANGC (merged)

Comments

• dropkickeddropkicked TorontoMembers  556WRX Points: 474Posts: 556 Golden Tee

So many feels..... let alone the cash from +1200 & +1400.. LMFAO! that gravy train is over I would imagine for all majors.. Get your bets in while you can boys.. Tiger Slam 2.0 is coming ..

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • 2putttom2putttom # 1 Oregon Duck fan Members  10322WRX Points: 570Handicap: 12Posts: 10,322 Titanium Tees

On -, @BB28403 said:

Alright , just wondering if anyone else thought it seemed odd. The finish.
    Carry on celebrating

lol, It's a conspiracy

Posted:
    Tour Exotics E 10 15*
    Srixon 785's w/G P stnd. cord
    Mizuno T 7 52 T 20 56 &60
    Bobby Grace SNYPER  46"
    Oregon Ducks Bag
    Eureka Ca. 

On -, @bscinstnct said:

Tiger has >
    On -, @Jackhammer993 said:

Things just don’t get better than they did today. Very smart decision to move up the tee times and avoid and delays, Monday finishes and protect the safety of players and spectators. Tiger showed why he is on a completely different level than everyone else currently out there. The meltdowns by almost every pro once they sniffed the lead was once again on display while heavy favorite Rory is probably somewhere with his team telling him how it was a successful week because he had a decent last round once there was absolutely no pressure on him to perform. Brooks was really the only one who stood up and challenged. He did make the one mistake on 12 but overall he didn’t let the pressure get to him. Xander also kind of didn’t completely fold and DJ did the classic slow start and get back in it at the end. Talent wise these guys all have incredible skills but they just don’t get it done on Sundays. Great tournament. Maybe my all time favorite but I will have to decide on that after the excitement dies down.

What I love is that all the young guns and anyone who supported the idea that they were actually playing TW 1.0 caliber golf and would "just love to play tiger in his prime"

All need to reassess how good they really are.

Ya all got beat at Augusta by a 43 year old with back fusion, ya clowns ; )

QFT +1Million

Posted:
    Posted:
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers  1711WRX Points: 518Handicap: 1.2Posts: 1,711 Platinum Tees

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @A.Princey said:

Unless you're
    On -, @TollBros, I think I speak for pretty much everyone here when I say that I'm glad his Scotty chalked up #15 and not the paint-flaking Ardmore. I'm sorry, I mean, ahhhhh, it's not bad, and it's totally ok if you're into that sort of thing....lol.

Absolutely. Stock for GSS Cameron’s with vertical stamped faces just went up 30%! Lol.

First rule...If you buy a $12k putter we can’t complain about the cost of irons, woods or pretty much anything!

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik, 9*, Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
    Callaway Mavrik SZ, 15*, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X
    Callaway Mavrik Pro 20* Hybrid, Atmos Black HB Tour Spec 9X
    TaylorMade P750 4i, P730 5-PW, PX 6.5
    Wedges - Jaws MD5 raw 52S, 56S, 60T, DG TI S400
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5

Advertisement
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members  6037WRX Points: 2,882Handicap: 10.8Posts: 6,037 Titanium Tees

On -, @bscinstnct said:

Things just don’t get better than they did today. Very smart decision to move up the tee times and avoid and delays, Monday finishes and protect the safety of players and spectators. Tiger showed why he is on a completely different level than everyone else currently out there. The meltdowns by almost every pro once they sniffed the lead was once again on display while heavy favorite Rory is probably somewhere with his team telling him how it was a successful week because he had a decent last round once there was absolutely no pressure on him to perform. Brooks was really the only one who stood up and challenged. He did make the one mistake on 12 but overall he didn’t let the pressure get to him. Xander also kind of didn’t completely fold and DJ did the classic slow start and get back in it at the end. Talent wise these guys all have incredible skills but they just don’t get it done on Sundays. Great tournament. Maybe my all time favorite but I will have to decide on that after the excitement dies down.

What I love is that all the young guns and anyone who supported the idea that they were actually playing TW 1.0 caliber golf and would "just love to play tiger in his prime"

When Jack played The Masters at age 43 he WD because of..........

a back injury

Posted:
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings
  • denvergolfdenvergolf Castle Pines, COMembers  1711WRX Points: 518Handicap: 1.2Posts: 1,711 Platinum Tees

On -, @TheMoneyShot said:

On -, @cheetah440 said:

On -, @dvdt said:

On -, @Hankshank said:

Even the trees on #13 were on his side today

Tell that to 18th

He didn't hit a branch on 18, that was a cold shank. Watch it on the Masters app tracker, clear view.

It was just a lay up bender...

A snap fade if you will

Posted:
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5
  • TheMackDaddyTheMackDaddy SEATTLEJr. Boomers  4747WRX Points: 136Handicap: 0-10Posts: 4,747 Titanium Tees

Posting this here because I couldn't dig it up: Did two Golfwrx members make a legitimate bet that Tiger wouldn't win another major? I seem to remember two guys wagering $5k on it in the forums a few years back.

Posted:

On -, @TheMackDaddy said:

Posting this here because I couldn't dig it up: Did two Golfwrx members make a legitimate bet that Tiger wouldn't win another major? I seem to remember two guys wagering $5k on it in the forums a few years back.

I believe I was on the side that it would happen. Can you find the other guy for me? :)

Posted:
    Piretti GOAT
    TayloreMade TP5
  • Frasier CraneFrasier Crane Members  384WRX Points: 127Posts: 384 Greens

On -, @bscinstnct said:

LMAOOO that last line is golden.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • dciccorittidciccoritti An inch an hour, 2 feet a day Toronto, CanadaMembers  1699WRX Points: 400Posts: 1,699 Platinum Tees

On -, @dropkicked said:

So many feels..... let alone the cash from +1200 & +1400.. LMFAO! that gravy train is over I would imagine for all majors.. Get your bets in while you can boys.. Tiger Slam 2.0 is coming ..

No longer a crazy thought. Let's face it, 2.0 has only played in 5 majors since his comeback and did pretty **** good in 3 of them.

Posted:

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway

• TS2
    • 716 MB 5-PW
    • MG 52 SB-09 | 56 LB-09 | 60 LB-09
    • Select Newport 2
    • ProV1x
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members  5988WRX Points: 579Posts: 5,988 Titanium Tees

On -, @denvergolf said:

On -, @TheMoneyShot said:

On -, @cheetah440 said:

On -, @dvdt said:

On -, @Hankshank said:

Even the trees on #13 were on his side today

Tell that to 18th

He didn't hit a branch on 18, that was a cold shank. Watch it on the Masters app tracker, clear view.

It was just a lay up bender...

A snap fade if you will

He had a club in his hand and said something to LaCava and then switched to the shorter club. I think he wanted his miss to be below the green where it’s easy to chip up and not risk some weird flier over the green or elsewhere that could have potential to get ugly.

Posted:

Tiger Woods, is now the Betting favorite for both the PGA +700 and US Open +750.....!

Posted:
  • jmvargasjmvargas Members  6263WRX Points: 305Handicap: 14Posts: 6,263 Titanium Tees

On -, @jmvargas said:

any guesses how many pages these thread will reach after all is said and done?

my guess is 200+ if Tiger is in contention..120 max if he is not..

....189 pages now...

am still hoping my prediction holds after all is said and done..

Posted:
    Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
    TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
    Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
    Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
    Giga U3 21* hybrid
    Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
    Adams V4 6H/7H
    Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
    HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
    Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
    Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
    Cleveland 588 56/60

Advertisement
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 IowaClubWRX  21442WRX Points: 5,411Posts: 21,442 ClubWRX

On -, @RobotDoctor said:

On -, @ex0dus said:

Low score of the day was 67 by only 2 guys. I think the course was playing tougher than it looked.
    Pretty sure the top players didn't conspire to tank and let Tiger win.

But could a scratch golfer break 85 playing from the Sunday tournament tees, Masters condition, never seeing the course, no caddie (meaning walk the course by themselves) and only 1 hour to warm up?

(sorry in advance for bringing this up ..... total tongue in cheek response)

I didn't jump back into that one. The original premise got lost almost immediately.

Posted:
  • bbr16bbr16 Members  98WRX Points: 77Posts: 98 Fairways

For you statisticians out there: how many majors with the Scotty Cameron now? How many with the 001?

Posted:
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers  6841WRX Points: 610Posts: 6,841 Titanium Tees

On -, @gvogel said:

That's a point. But he wasn't lying in a hospital bed close to death.

Yep. Shortly after the crash, the stories apparently indicated that he would recover, walk, and play again. Those original reports greatly understated how bad Hogan really was.

Posted:
  • hybrid25hybrid25 michiganMembers  1594WRX Points: 178Posts: 1,594 Platinum Tees

Pressure does various things to different people. While the majority fold, Tiger grows stronger. This thought was very evident today.

Posted:
  • A.PrinceyA.Princey Major Hacker Members  2548WRX Points: 533Handicap: 3Posts: 2,548 Titanium Tees

I seriously wonder if the gum is the smooth-factor, or if he's seeing a sports psychologist. Cool as a cucumber.

Posted:

TM 2016 M2 10.5*, Fujikura Pro TS 63X 43.5"

Cobra F8 4-5w 18.5*, Fujikura Pro 60R 42.5"

Callaway Rogue X 4i, PX SD 5.5 39.75"

Cobra King OS 4-G, XP95 R300

Vokey 56(57*), 60(63*) DG-R400

"Rusty" Byron DH89 Pipeneck, 34" (or any of 10  2 other putters...)

B330-RX

Advertisement
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX  5414WRX Points: 1,139Posts: 5,414 ClubWRX

On -, @Hawkeye77 said:

On -, @RobotDoctor said:

On -, @ex0dus said:

Low score of the day was 67 by only 2 guys. I think the course was playing tougher than it looked.
    Pretty sure the top players didn't conspire to tank and let Tiger win.

But could a scratch golfer break 85 playing from the Sunday tournament tees, Masters condition, never seeing the course, no caddie (meaning walk the course by themselves) and only 1 hour to warm up?

(sorry in advance for bringing this up ..... total tongue in cheek response)

I didn't jump back into that one. The original premise got lost almost immediately.

Its such an absurd scenario.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5* driver, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    TaylorMade M4 15* (small), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
    TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
    Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 50* GW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 54* SW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 58* LW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan custom Epic Day putter

• RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker ClubWRX  5414WRX Points: 1,139Posts: 5,414 ClubWRX

On -, @HitEmTrue said:

On -, @gvogel said:

Yep. Shortly after the crash, the stories apparently indicated that he would recover, walk, and play again. Those original reports greatly understated how bad Hogan really was.

I thought it was reported Hogan might not walk again and would probably never play golf again.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M3 440cc 9.5* driver, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 6S
    TaylorMade M4 15* (small), Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S
    TaylorMade SLDR 2I Hybrid, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8S
    Ben Hogan Icon 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 50* GW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 54* SW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Scratch Golf 58* LW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff
    Byron Morgan custom Epic Day putter

• StarFleetGolferStarFleetGolfer Members  10659WRX Points: 310Posts: 10,659 Titanium Tees

Ugh, went to the course that is normally dead and it was packed. People who haven't played since 2008 grinding over their 4 putt. Oh well, it was worth it to see Tiger win.

Posted:

Callaway Mavrick
    Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W
    Callaway Superhybrid
    Titleist 510 20
    Titleist T100
    Vokey SM7 54 and 60
    Scotty Cameron T22

• Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members  2605WRX Points: 394Posts: 2,605 Titanium Tees

My God,, I m still processing this.. What a great tournament, not only because Tiger won. MANY played outstanding golf and Tiger beat them all. Without the hair grafting, I swear I saw Tiger of old.. #itstimetoshave

Posted:

Advertisement
  • KAndyManKAndyMan JUST GOTTA SEND IT!!! Trident/Lowcountry areaMembers  422WRX Points: 173Handicap: ManyPosts: 422 Greens

On -, @dvdt said:

Ugh, went to the course that is normally dead and it was packed. People who haven't played since 2008 grinding over their 4 putt. Oh well, it was worth it to see Tiger win.

^This is the only downfall to Tigers win. Really hoping my quiet twilight rounds arent a thing of the past now.

Posted:
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers  6841WRX Points: 610Posts: 6,841 Titanium Tees

On -, @RobotDoctor said:

On -, @HitEmTrue said:

On -, @gvogel said:

I thought it was reported Hogan might not walk again and would probably never play golf again.

Pretty sure those reports came later.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.