Battery for Flightscope Xi+ / Xi Tour

cvvorst

So I just discovered that the battery on my Flightscope Xi+ (taylormade version which is Xi Tour) will no longer charge. Unit works fine plugged in, but I want to take it to the range and course.

It appears it is very easy to replace the battery. My question is, how do I get a new one?

I should add that I might just get the flightscope protection plan, which sounds like it would cover this. I have a 3 year old who loves using my flightscope and I think it might be worth the peace of mind! Seriously, he likes hitting golf balls and watching them on my ipad. His swing is already nicer than mine.

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What you do is open it up, if you know how. Look for any identifying marks on the battery and then get on Chinese websites. Look for a match in size and wires . May even be $20 on Ali Express. There is bound to be someone out there who has replaced one.

What info have you found so far on how to replace the battery?

Flightscope would not ship me a battery alone, they said you need to send it in. I also had a TM one and they wouldnt support it either way, saying it was stolen/blacklisted.

I did see once a FS powered via a power bank using the charge port. I wonder if something like this would make that possible.

https://www.amazon.com/HeavenLights-12v-Converter-Step-Voltage/dp/B0796RNK4V/ref=asc_df_B0796RNK4V/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242168461154&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13741946977273767470&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1013950&hvtargid=pla-438173679781&psc=1

> @Krt22 said:

> Flightscope would not ship me a battery alone, they said you need to send it in. I also had a TM one and they wouldnt support it either way, saying it was stolen/blacklisted.

>

> I did see once a FS powered via a power bank using the charge port. I wonder if something like this would make that possible.

>

> https://www.amazon.com/HeavenLights-12v-Converter-Step-Voltage/dp/B0796RNK4V/ref=asc_df_B0796RNK4V/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242168461154&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13741946977273767470&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1013950&hvtargid=pla-438173679781&psc=1

Do you like your Flightscope? Did it take your game to a new level?

I have been thinking about some LM

> @cvvorst said:

> So I just discovered that the battery on my Flightscope Xi+ (taylormade version which is Xi Tour) will no longer charge. Unit works fine plugged in, but I want to take it to the range and course.

>

> It appears it is very easy to replace the battery. My question is, how do I get a new one?

>

> I should add that I might just get the flightscope protection plan, which sounds like it would cover this. I have a 3 year old who loves using my flightscope and I think it might be worth the peace of mind! Seriously, he likes hitting golf balls and watching them on my ipad. His swing is already nicer than mine.

Contact support on the website. They’ve always been super responsive for me and sent me a new one quickly.

> @jwm1 said:

> > @cvvorst said:

> > So I just discovered that the battery on my Flightscope Xi+ (taylormade version which is Xi Tour) will no longer charge. Unit works fine plugged in, but I want to take it to the range and course.

> >

> > It appears it is very easy to replace the battery. My question is, how do I get a new one?

> >

> > I should add that I might just get the flightscope protection plan, which sounds like it would cover this. I have a 3 year old who loves using my flightscope and I think it might be worth the peace of mind! Seriously, he likes hitting golf balls and watching them on my ipad. His swing is already nicer than mine.

>

> Contact support on the website. They’ve always been super responsive for me and sent me a new one quickly.

They were very quick to respond, they recommended that I get the warranty program to take care of the issue/change ownership. If the agreement was longer than 1 year, I would do it today. But that's a lot of money for only a single years coverage, especially for a guy who is only using it for personal use. They also said this...

"I would also recommend that you try the following,

Check that the battery is making proper contact.

- Unscrew the battery compartment

- Take the battery out and clean the contacts

- Insert the battery again - pushing it in firmly

- Screw the battery in again and test. NB! Please do make sure that you do not over tighten the screws when screwing back in as this might damage the housing.

You can also make sure that Power Supply is making proper contact. The power supply has a multi country connection option and the appropriate connector is clicked into place. By pushing the middle pin you can slide the connector out, inspect the pins at the bottom, making sure both is ridged and in place. Click the plate back in position and make sure it's securely in place.

Hope this helps. If you are still having issues please don't hesitate to contact us"

So, I tried removing the battery and cleaning the connections. I screwed it back in, and it started charging again. A few days later, it didn't recognize the battery again (it works when I plug it in at least) I removed the battery, and screwed it back in. Once again, it started working after this. I tried it again yesterday, and it still recognized the battery.

I really wish I could just get a new battery, but I don't think they allow it?

Also, lately I've found that my unit goes to sleep if there is a minute or two with no shots being hit, is that normal? Other than these inconveniences, I love the unit!

Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

> @Krt22 said:

> Flightscope would not ship me a battery alone, they said you need to send it in. I also had a TM one and they wouldnt support it either way, saying it was stolen/blacklisted.

>

> I did see once a FS powered via a power bank using the charge port. I wonder if something like this would make that possible.

>

> https://www.amazon.com/HeavenLights-12v-Converter-Step-Voltage/dp/B0796RNK4V/ref=asc_df_B0796RNK4V/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=242168461154&hvpos=1o4&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13741946977273767470&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1013950&hvtargid=pla-438173679781&psc=1

That's a good idea, I'll try it out!

It seems to work well when I remove the battery and clean the connections once or twice a week, but it would be nice to have a backup option. I really do love the unit, and if the warranty lasted longer than a year I would go that route. But $1000 for insurance on a unit that's for personal use seems a bit steep at the moment.

Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Take it to a shop that repairs macbooks, PlayStation’s etc, a reputable one. They will take care of it, at a fraction of the cost of Flightscope

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...