Precision Pro NX7/NX7 Pro

Wanted to let you know that I have finally had a chance to get out and try the ranger finder I got from you this past Christmas. I can say that I’m truly happy to have this and it works so smooth and easy it sure does make getting a yardage so quick and easy. Now the hard part will be accepting I cannot hit some clubs as far as my ego says I can based on the true yardage

Used one time so far. Excellent!!!

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

> @payerasjl said:

> im looking at picking up one of your rangefinders. saw the $40 off promotion. im wondering if this is because a new device/model is coming out soon or simply because of april generosity?

>

> also, "golfwrx nor GOLFWRX" coupon codes work at the moment. It says it does not exist.

The $40 off is just apart of our Masters promotion and the NX7 Pro Slope and NX7 aren't going anywhere.

Coupon codes cannot be combined with other offers and luckily the $40 off is greater than the code discount.

I have never seen a free battery replacement program before with any product. I didn't realize PrecisionPro offered that service when I bought my NX7 - I just stumbled on (https://www.precisionprogolf.com/customer-care/battery-replacement-request/) when searching for the battery replacement type. I am all smiles as the fresh battery arrived on time, hassle free. It is springtime in New England, my course just opened two days ago, and I'm now ready for spring golf.

This experience was impressive. Two thumbs up! Heck, add in two big toes up too!

> @ShortStick said:

> I have never seen a free battery replacement program before with any product. I didn't realize PrecisionPro offered that service when I bought my NX7 - I just stumbled on (https://www.precisionprogolf.com/customer-care/battery-replacement-request/) when searching for the battery replacement type. I am all smiles as the fresh battery arrived on time, hassle free. It is springtime in New England, my course just opened two days ago, and I'm now ready for spring golf.

>

> This experience was impressive. Two thumbs up! Heck, add in two big toes up too!

Yep I got my replacement batteries last week. Very fast and efficient!

> @"Precision Pro Golf" said:

> > @payerasjl said:

> > im looking at picking up one of your rangefinders. saw the $40 off promotion. im wondering if this is because a new device/model is coming out soon or simply because of april generosity?

> >

> > also, "golfwrx nor GOLFWRX" coupon codes work at the moment. It says it does not exist.

>

> The $40 off is just apart of our Masters promotion and the NX7 Pro Slope and NX7 aren't going anywhere.

>

> Coupon codes cannot be combined with other offers and luckily the $40 off is greater than the code discount.

>

Is the $40 off available for Canadian orders too? If so, would we order on the American site and have it shipped to Canada, or click on the 'Canadian' link at the bottom of the website? Thanks!

> @Finner said:

> > @"Precision Pro Golf" said:

> > > @payerasjl said:

> > > im looking at picking up one of your rangefinders. saw the $40 off promotion. im wondering if this is because a new device/model is coming out soon or simply because of april generosity?

> > >

> > > also, "golfwrx nor GOLFWRX" coupon codes work at the moment. It says it does not exist.

> >

> > The $40 off is just apart of our Masters promotion and the NX7 Pro Slope and NX7 aren't going anywhere.

> >

> > Coupon codes cannot be combined with other offers and luckily the $40 off is greater than the code discount.

> >

> Is the $40 off available for Canadian orders too? If so, would we order on the American site and have it shipped to Canada, or click on the 'Canadian' link at the bottom of the website? Thanks!

>

We are offering the $40 equivalent in Canadian. You can do either but the price will be the same, if you click the Canadian link it will ship from our Canadian stock and will ship quicker and avoids any customs fees. Hope this helps!

> > @Finner said:

> > > @"Precision Pro Golf" said:

> > > > @payerasjl said:

> > > > im looking at picking up one of your rangefinders. saw the $40 off promotion. im wondering if this is because a new device/model is coming out soon or simply because of april generosity?

> > > >

> > > > also, "golfwrx nor GOLFWRX" coupon codes work at the moment. It says it does not exist.

> > >

> > > The $40 off is just apart of our Masters promotion and the NX7 Pro Slope and NX7 aren't going anywhere.

> > >

> > > Coupon codes cannot be combined with other offers and luckily the $40 off is greater than the code discount.

> > >

> > Is the $40 off available for Canadian orders too? If so, would we order on the American site and have it shipped to Canada, or click on the 'Canadian' link at the bottom of the website? Thanks!

> >

>

> We are offering the $40 equivalent in Canadian. You can do either but the price will be the same, if you click the Canadian link it will ship from our Canadian stock and will ship quicker and avoids any customs fees. Hope this helps!

Tremendously helps, thank you! You may have just added a new customer using your product. :smiley:

Ok I want to take serious advantage of this discount but I'm stuck between the NX7 Pro Slope and the NX7. I don't play competitive tournaments just charity tournaments at the moment and other than that play with friends or myself.

So is getting the Pro a better choice to get as i feel it can improve my game more or just go with the regular version?

If curious on courses I play it's a mix with hilly and flat depending where I'm playing.

Also I don't belong to a club just play where I feel like so don't have an official handicap but still want to be aware of my handicap.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

> @MattM97 said:

> Ok I want to take serious advantage of this discount but I'm stuck between the NX7 Pro Slope and the NX7. I don't play competitive tournaments just charity tournaments at the moment and other than that play with friends or myself.

>

> So is getting the Pro a better choice to get as i feel it can improve my game more or just go with the regular version?

>

> If curious on courses I play it's a mix with hilly and flat depending where I'm playing.

>

> Also I don't belong to a club just play where I feel like so don't have an official handicap but still want to be aware of my handicap.

In my research before buying a rangefinder, I wondered this as well. Ultimately, i came to the conclusion I will go with the non-slope version. Why? It is illegal using the slope in tournament rounds, and although I am only a weekend golfer, I will also choose to play by the rules and not give myself an advantage. Of course, that may not resonate well with others but I choose to be ethical in my decisions and this one aligns to that. So my advice is go with what you feel is best for you. If you want to have the slope option, by all means, do it. If not, that works too! Because there is on right or wrong answer, only the answer that is right for you. :)

> @Finner said:

> > @MattM97 said:

> > Ok I want to take serious advantage of this discount but I'm stuck between the NX7 Pro Slope and the NX7. I don't play competitive tournaments just charity tournaments at the moment and other than that play with friends or myself.

> >

> > So is getting the Pro a better choice to get as i feel it can improve my game more or just go with the regular version?

> >

> > If curious on courses I play it's a mix with hilly and flat depending where I'm playing.

> >

> > Also I don't belong to a club just play where I feel like so don't have an official handicap but still want to be aware of my handicap.

> In my research before buying a rangefinder, I wondered this as well. Ultimately, i came to the conclusion I will go with the non-slope version. Why? It is illegal using the slope in tournament rounds, and although I am only a weekend golfer, I will also choose to play by the rules and not give myself an advantage. Of course, that may not resonate well with others but I choose to be ethical in my decisions and this one aligns to that. So my advice is go with what you feel is best for you. If you want to have the slope option, by all means, do it. If not, that works too! Because there is on right or wrong answer, only the answer that is right for you. :)

>

Yeah I was thinking about that too, doing more reading it looks like the slope version is tournament legal which means I can turn off the slope feature which mean I can use it both ways.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Picked up a used one and can’t wait to play it. My last round made me realize, again, I need a laser. GPS just ain’t cutting it.

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Well my search for a rangefinder is over. With the discount Precision Pro had going on it was an easy choice to pick one up. Ordered the NX7 Pro yesterday and it arrived today, can hopefully get out this weekend and give it a test. I'm excited for this and so are my friends lol.

Lefty - WITB Thread

> @Finner said:

> > @MattM97 said:

> > Ok I want to take serious advantage of this discount but I'm stuck between the NX7 Pro Slope and the NX7. I don't play competitive tournaments just charity tournaments at the moment and other than that play with friends or myself.

> >

> > So is getting the Pro a better choice to get as i feel it can improve my game more or just go with the regular version?

> >

> > If curious on courses I play it's a mix with hilly and flat depending where I'm playing.

> >

> > Also I don't belong to a club just play where I feel like so don't have an official handicap but still want to be aware of my handicap.

> In my research before buying a rangefinder, I wondered this as well. Ultimately, i came to the conclusion I will go with the non-slope version. Why? It is illegal using the slope in tournament rounds, and although I am only a weekend golfer, I will also choose to play by the rules and not give myself an advantage. Of course, that may not resonate well with others but I choose to be ethical in my decisions and this one aligns to that. So my advice is go with what you feel is best for you. If you want to have the slope option, by all means, do it. If not, that works too! Because there is on right or wrong answer, only the answer that is right for you. :)

>

WELL STATED!!

> @Finner said:

> > > @Finner said:

> > > > @"Precision Pro Golf" said:

> > > > > @payerasjl said:

> > > > > im looking at picking up one of your rangefinders. saw the $40 off promotion. im wondering if this is because a new device/model is coming out soon or simply because of april generosity?

> > > > >

> > > > > also, "golfwrx nor GOLFWRX" coupon codes work at the moment. It says it does not exist.

> > > >

> > > > The $40 off is just apart of our Masters promotion and the NX7 Pro Slope and NX7 aren't going anywhere.

> > > >

> > > > Coupon codes cannot be combined with other offers and luckily the $40 off is greater than the code discount.

> > > >

> > > Is the $40 off available for Canadian orders too? If so, would we order on the American site and have it shipped to Canada, or click on the 'Canadian' link at the bottom of the website? Thanks!

> > >

> >

> > We are offering the $40 equivalent in Canadian. You can do either but the price will be the same, if you click the Canadian link it will ship from our Canadian stock and will ship quicker and avoids any customs fees. Hope this helps!

>

> Tremendously helps, thank you! You may have just added a new customer using your product. :smiley:

I just wanted to follow-up to my previous post. I officially ordered my Precision Pro rangefinder today. I used Birthday money to take advantage of the current sale that ends April 17th. I will definitely post follow-up experiences with it once I receive it and use it. Thanks Precision Pro!

Hi all - first time poster here.

I took advantage of the promo on the NX7 Pro and just had it arrive late last week, just in time for the start of our golf season here in Canada.

I took it out for my first round of the year on Saturday and I must say, my first impressions aren't positive, which is surprising since the product seems to have received nearly unanimous praise.

First of all, the weather was partly cloudy and cool (approximately 12 degrees Celsius or 54 Fahrenheit) and pretty windy. The first hole at my new home course drops about 120 feet or so from an elevated tee and I tried testing out how far the bunkers were away from the tee...it didn't register. I tried hitting some trees off the fairway...again, no dice. I didn't think too much of it and proceeded to tee off. I'd have no problems registering distances on my approach (from about 115 yards) and no issues with getting a yardage on the par three 2nd (again, only about 140 yards) but I once again was flabbergasted on the 3rd, when I couldn't pick up the flag from about 220 yards away. I sat in the fairway for at least a minute trying to get the target without success.

This continued for most of the round - anything under 150 yards was fine but anything longer and I couldn't get the unit to work. I even had my playing partners test it themselves on the 180 yard par three 11th and none of them could get a yardage.

Has anyone had issues like the ones I'm mentioning here? Again, there was no rain, no fog and conditions were cool but fair. I didn't play today due to heavy rains in Ontario and will give it another crack next weekend but it wasn't a great first impression.

> @"Now on the Tee" said:

> Hi all - first time poster here.

> I took advantage of the promo on the NX7 Pro and just had it arrive late last week, just in time for the start of our golf season here in Canada.

> I took it out for my first round of the year on Saturday and I must say, my first impressions aren't positive, which is surprising since the product seems to have received nearly unanimous praise.

> First of all, the weather was partly cloudy and cool (approximately 12 degrees Celsius or 54 Fahrenheit) and pretty windy. The first hole at my new home course drops about 120 feet or so from an elevated tee and I tried testing out how far the bunkers were away from the tee...it didn't register. I tried hitting some trees off the fairway...again, no dice. I didn't think too much of it and proceeded to tee off. I'd have no problems registering distances on my approach (from about 115 yards) and no issues with getting a yardage on the par three 2nd (again, only about 140 yards) but I once again was flabbergasted on the 3rd, when I couldn't pick up the flag from about 220 yards away. I sat in the fairway for at least a minute trying to get the target without success.

> This continued for most of the round - anything under 150 yards was fine but anything longer and I couldn't get the unit to work. I even had my playing partners test it themselves on the 180 yard par three 11th and none of them could get a yardage.

> Has anyone had issues like the ones I'm mentioning here? Again, there was no rain, no fog and conditions were cool but fair. I didn't play today due to heavy rains in Ontario and will give it another crack next weekend but it wasn't a great first impression.

>

I apologize for the inconvenience, we want to make this right and will replace the unit if a bit of troubleshooting doesn't fix it because there should be no issues getting any distance under 400 yards. Other brands have you hold the button but ours just needs a press and release and want to make sure you are just pressing the button to shoot the distances. If shooting through a cart windshield will interfere with the rangefinder and can prevent readings from being registering and being accurate. Another common fix is to make sure your hand or pinky doesn’t accidentally wrap around the front of the rangefinder. It can happen and not be seen through the viewfinder. And lastly, try cleaning the front of the product. If none of this helps, we will absolutely replace the unit. Hope this help and please let us know if it doesn't! Best! - Trey D.

> > @"Now on the Tee" said:

> > Hi all - first time poster here.

> > I took advantage of the promo on the NX7 Pro and just had it arrive late last week, just in time for the start of our golf season here in Canada.

> > I took it out for my first round of the year on Saturday and I must say, my first impressions aren't positive, which is surprising since the product seems to have received nearly unanimous praise.

> > First of all, the weather was partly cloudy and cool (approximately 12 degrees Celsius or 54 Fahrenheit) and pretty windy. The first hole at my new home course drops about 120 feet or so from an elevated tee and I tried testing out how far the bunkers were away from the tee...it didn't register. I tried hitting some trees off the fairway...again, no dice. I didn't think too much of it and proceeded to tee off. I'd have no problems registering distances on my approach (from about 115 yards) and no issues with getting a yardage on the par three 2nd (again, only about 140 yards) but I once again was flabbergasted on the 3rd, when I couldn't pick up the flag from about 220 yards away. I sat in the fairway for at least a minute trying to get the target without success.

> > This continued for most of the round - anything under 150 yards was fine but anything longer and I couldn't get the unit to work. I even had my playing partners test it themselves on the 180 yard par three 11th and none of them could get a yardage.

> > Has anyone had issues like the ones I'm mentioning here? Again, there was no rain, no fog and conditions were cool but fair. I didn't play today due to heavy rains in Ontario and will give it another crack next weekend but it wasn't a great first impression.

> >

> I apologize for the inconvenience, we want to make this right and will replace the unit if a bit of troubleshooting doesn't fix it because there should be no issues getting any distance under 400 yards. Other brands have you hold the button but ours just needs a press and release and want to make sure you are just pressing the button to shoot the distances. If shooting through a cart windshield will interfere with the rangefinder and can prevent readings from being registering and being accurate. Another common fix is to make sure your hand or pinky doesn’t accidentally wrap around the front of the rangefinder. It can happen and not be seen through the viewfinder. And lastly, try cleaning the front of the product. If none of this helps, we will absolutely replace the unit. Hope this help and please let us know if it doesn't! Best! - Trey D.

Thanks for the quick response Trey - it's much appreciated!

I don't think my issues had anything to do with how I was using it, as I had no issues with shorter distances and I quickly adapted to the "press and release" method. I was walking during the round, so there were no issues with looking through a cart windshield either. I was also aware (having read this thread and other reviews) of the pinky finger issue so I was careful there as well.

I'll take your advice and clean the front of the range finder before my next round this coming weekend - hopefully that solves the issue. If I still have problems, I'll let you know on the weekend.

Many thanks again for the great support,

Matt Bosela (Now on the Tee), St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

> @"Now on the Tee" said:

> > > @"Now on the Tee" said:

> > > Hi all - first time poster here.

> > > I took advantage of the promo on the NX7 Pro and just had it arrive late last week, just in time for the start of our golf season here in Canada.

> > > I took it out for my first round of the year on Saturday and I must say, my first impressions aren't positive, which is surprising since the product seems to have received nearly unanimous praise.

> > > First of all, the weather was partly cloudy and cool (approximately 12 degrees Celsius or 54 Fahrenheit) and pretty windy. The first hole at my new home course drops about 120 feet or so from an elevated tee and I tried testing out how far the bunkers were away from the tee...it didn't register. I tried hitting some trees off the fairway...again, no dice. I didn't think too much of it and proceeded to tee off. I'd have no problems registering distances on my approach (from about 115 yards) and no issues with getting a yardage on the par three 2nd (again, only about 140 yards) but I once again was flabbergasted on the 3rd, when I couldn't pick up the flag from about 220 yards away. I sat in the fairway for at least a minute trying to get the target without success.

> > > This continued for most of the round - anything under 150 yards was fine but anything longer and I couldn't get the unit to work. I even had my playing partners test it themselves on the 180 yard par three 11th and none of them could get a yardage.

> > > Has anyone had issues like the ones I'm mentioning here? Again, there was no rain, no fog and conditions were cool but fair. I didn't play today due to heavy rains in Ontario and will give it another crack next weekend but it wasn't a great first impression.

> > >

> > I apologize for the inconvenience, we want to make this right and will replace the unit if a bit of troubleshooting doesn't fix it because there should be no issues getting any distance under 400 yards. Other brands have you hold the button but ours just needs a press and release and want to make sure you are just pressing the button to shoot the distances. If shooting through a cart windshield will interfere with the rangefinder and can prevent readings from being registering and being accurate. Another common fix is to make sure your hand or pinky doesn’t accidentally wrap around the front of the rangefinder. It can happen and not be seen through the viewfinder. And lastly, try cleaning the front of the product. If none of this helps, we will absolutely replace the unit. Hope this help and please let us know if it doesn't! Best! - Trey D.

>

> Thanks for the quick response Trey - it's much appreciated!

> I don't think my issues had anything to do with how I was using it, as I had no issues with shorter distances and I quickly adapted to the "press and release" method. I was walking during the round, so there were no issues with looking through a cart windshield either. I was also aware (having read this thread and other reviews) of the pinky finger issue so I was careful there as well.

> I'll take your advice and clean the front of the range finder before my next round this coming weekend - hopefully that solves the issue. If I still have problems, I'll let you know on the weekend.

> Many thanks again for the great support,

> Matt Bosela (Now on the Tee), St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

>

Absolutely Matt! If it that doesn't help, it sounds like the rangefinder might be defective. So it doens't help shoot me an email at [email protected] and we will swap it out!

For those of you that purchased your rangefinder from @Precision Pro, how long did it take for the product to ship (or at least the notification of shipping)? I'm patient enough to wait for as long as it takes, just looking for some insight based on your experience. I ordered online from PP on Sunday evening (around 7:30pm eastern time). Thanks for any insight you can share!

> @Finner said:

> For those of you that purchased your rangefinder from @Precision Pro, how long did it take for the product to ship (or at least the notification of shipping)? I'm patient enough to wait for as long as it takes, just looking for some insight based on your experience. I ordered online from PP on Sunday evening (around 7:30pm eastern time). Thanks for any insight you can share!

Funny enough, Update: I never received a shipping notification, but my wife brought it in tonight as it was on the front porch! 2 days, almost to the hour.

> @Finner said:

> > @Finner said:

> > For those of you that purchased your rangefinder from @Precision Pro, how long did it take for the product to ship (or at least the notification of shipping)? I'm patient enough to wait for as long as it takes, just looking for some insight based on your experience. I ordered online from PP on Sunday evening (around 7:30pm eastern time). Thanks for any insight you can share!

>

> Funny enough, Update: I never received a shipping notification, but my wife brought it in tonight as it was on the front porch! 2 days, almost to the hour.

I ordered one Saturday morning and also have not received a shipping notice.

I’m sure it’ll come eventually, but a tracking number would be nice.

Edit: got an email w/ tracking a couple hours later.

• 2 weeks later...

Played with my first round NX7 Pro and I am really impressed. Very easy to use and very accurate. Played in 30 mph winds and caught the flag everytime. I am true believer in this range finder and very rarely used my GPS app in my phone at all today.

I have own a Bushnell V3 and V4 in the past amd gave up on range finders after those.

NX7 Pro made me a believer again.

Great range finder and highly recommend.

• Like 1

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

> @Finner said:

> > @Finner said:

> > For those of you that purchased your rangefinder from @Precision Pro, how long did it take for the product to ship (or at least the notification of shipping)? I'm patient enough to wait for as long as it takes, just looking for some insight based on your experience. I ordered online from PP on Sunday evening (around 7:30pm eastern time). Thanks for any insight you can share!

>

> Funny enough, Update: I never received a shipping notification, but my wife brought it in tonight as it was on the front porch! 2 days, almost to the hour.

So I've had the Precision Pro NX7 Pro out for 3 rounds now. I wanted to have a few rounds under my belt before following up. I can now understand why those of you that swear by lasers. I've played in cold, warm and windy conditions so far. It grabs the readings every. single. time. Without fail, and the display is so clear, it's incredible. I do love the fact the NX7 even shows a reading to the decimal point. Like I am that good. hahahaha

It's a very simple design to grab a reading. Press the green (power button) once, and let go. Then point at the object and press once again, and let go again. Bingo. Reading comes up fast! The added bonus is the jolt or vibrate feature when you lock onto the target. You know exactly when this happens, at all times. I am VERY happy i settled on this product as my first laser rangefinder. Free batteries for the life of the product is an absolute bonus. I hope this helps folks on the fence about getting one. I'm a happy customer!

> @ephmen said:

> Is the $40 promotion still on? I can't seem to find it...

Don't believe so, I think it was limited duration...

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors