T-I-G-E-R

Did you watch with your junior? Do they understand the significance? Do they get that he just beat the modern-day field at a major being 60-70% of his 2000 self? Are their current heroes (Rory, Rickie, JT) sure they want Tiger back in form? Expect more red and black at pga events and less orange. Get ready for the jump in junior golf fields at your local tour... golf is in a good place and will be page 1 news across the country tomorrow morning.

My son was out at a tournament today with mom but I did get to watch with my daughter who really doesn't care about golf that much except for having a crush on DJ. Have to admit though, at 8 years old and never knowing the historical Tiger she was super excited for him.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

My son saw Tiger last year at the final round of the Tour Championship so he already got a taste of the "Tiger Effect"; however, he was definitely glued to the coverage. He is a Bryson/Justin fan but was still excited to see Tiger get a Major again. No matter your feelings on the man he is the biggest draw in golf and generates excitement for the game.

• Like 1

> @heavy_hitter said:

> My son turned to me after number 15 and said "Let's go to the course, I don't want to watch that bum win." We turned the TV off and went to play 18 holes.

How is he a bum? Only ones I've heard that from so far are the ladies in my office who are still pissed about his infidelities. They act like Tiger cheated on them or something.

> @kekoa said:

> > @heavy_hitter said:

> > My son turned to me after number 15 and said "Let's go to the course, I don't want to watch that bum win." We turned the TV off and went to play 18 holes.

>

> How is he a bum? Only ones I've heard that from so far are the ladies in my office who are still pissed about his infidelities. They act like Tiger cheated on them or something.

The Character of a man is more important than what he has achieved in sports.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

> @heavy_hitter said:

> > @kekoa said:

> > > @heavy_hitter said:

> > > My son turned to me after number 15 and said "Let's go to the course, I don't want to watch that bum win." We turned the TV off and went to play 18 holes.

> >

> > How is he a bum? Only ones I've heard that from so far are the ladies in my office who are still pissed about his infidelities. They act like Tiger cheated on them or something.

>

> The Character of a man is more important than what he has achieved in sports.

The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @heavy_hitter said:

> > @kekoa said:

> > > My son turned to me after number 15 and said "Let's go to the course, I don't want to watch that bum win." We turned the TV off and went to play 18 holes.

> >

> > How is he a bum? Only ones I've heard that from so far are the ladies in my office who are still pissed about his infidelities. They act like Tiger cheated on them or something.

>

> The Character of a man is more important than what he has achieved in sports.

Of course we are all entitled to our feelings of the man; however, I think his honesty about the transgressions and infidelities coupled with his resiliency to return to the level of golf he is playing, despite the odds against him speak a lot to his character. From my perspective the dark chapter of his life makes what he has done in the last 12 months that much more impressive both personally and professionally. Virtually all people have dark and light sides and his dark side was exposed far more than most and he seems to have dealt with it and moved on.

Putting character issues aside, people are talking about golf today. Casual fans are making tee times. All those struggles in the golf industry the last few years will get better. Golf could ascend to number 3 in popularity, only behind the NFL and NBA. The tiger effect is real and it’s great for all of us and our juniors who love the game.

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @heavy_hitter said:

> > > @kekoa said:

> > > > @heavy_hitter said:

> > > > My son turned to me after number 15 and said "Let's go to the course, I don't want to watch that bum win." We turned the TV off and went to play 18 holes.

> > >

> > > How is he a bum? Only ones I've heard that from so far are the ladies in my office who are still pissed about his infidelities. They act like Tiger cheated on them or something.

> >

> > The Character of a man is more important than what he has achieved in sports.

>

> The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

Might be one of the dumbest things I have read on the internet today.

Who mentioned forgiveness? I mentioned the character of a man which has nothing to do with forgiveness.

You are also degrading a 13 year old kid who doesn't like a person because of lack of character flaws in a day and age when that should be commended. Again, has nothing to do with forgiveness. I don't think it is the place of any human on earth to forgive another human. His issue is with his maker and that is who he needs forgiveness from. Still doesn't mean that he doesn't have character flaws.

> @yellowlover519 said:

> Putting character issues aside, people are talking about golf today. Casual fans are making tee times. All those struggles in the golf industry the last few years will get better. Golf could ascend to number 3 in popularity, only behind the NFL and NBA. The tiger effect is real and it’s great for all of us and our juniors who love the game.

Which I hate. If floods the courses with people that should never pick up a club.

I have avoided the Golf Channel and PGA Network just to avoid having to hear about Tiger today. I think Tiger is a great player and respect him, I just don't like him. I thought I would be safe coming to the Junior Section today.

> @heavy_hitter said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > @heavy_hitter said:

> > > > > My son turned to me after number 15 and said "Let's go to the course, I don't want to watch that bum win." We turned the TV off and went to play 18 holes.

> > > >

> > > > How is he a bum? Only ones I've heard that from so far are the ladies in my office who are still pissed about his infidelities. They act like Tiger cheated on them or something.

> > >

> > > The Character of a man is more important than what he has achieved in sports.

> >

> > The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

>

> Might be one of the dumbest things I have read on the internet today.

>

> Who mentioned forgiveness? I mentioned the character of a man which has nothing to do with forgiveness.

>

> You are also degrading a 13 year old kid who doesn't like a person because of lack of character flaws in a day and age when that should be commended. Again, has nothing to do with forgiveness. I don't think it is the place of any human on earth to forgive another human. His issue is with his maker and that is who he needs forgiveness from. Still doesn't mean that he doesn't have character flaws.

>

>

i mentioned it b/c it's something you might need to exercise - both for you, or your son. realizing that a character flaw is something that we all have - and that we all daily strive to either remedy, fix or improve. I find it awful frankly that a 13 year old would be able to interpret the improprieties of Tiger's life the way he does -- unless the views of say, his father, gave him a certain view to follow.

my dad cheated on my mom with his current wife -- i was 8. it took me years but, i forgave my father -- how can you not forgive a man for his character flaws when you nothing of the views or perspective of that same man? you're right, his issues are with his maker.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @heavy_hitter said:

> > @yellowlover519 said:

> > Putting character issues aside, people are talking about golf today. Casual fans are making tee times. All those struggles in the golf industry the last few years will get better. Golf could ascend to number 3 in popularity, only behind the NFL and NBA. The tiger effect is real and it’s great for all of us and our juniors who love the game.

>

> Which I hate. If floods the courses with people that should never pick up a club.

>

> I have avoided the Golf Channel and PGA Network just to avoid having to hear about Tiger today. I think Tiger is a great player and respect him, I just don't like him. I thought I would be safe coming to the Junior Section today.

holy s***..."should never pick up a club"...how are you safe anywhere on this forum with attitudes like that?

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

.> @mrshinsa said:

> Was on the course with my son in the morning, around 3PM, all these singles started coming out on the course, and it started to get packed. My friend told me it's the tiger effect.

Our range ran out of balls in the afternoon.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

> @leezer99 said:

> .> @mrshinsa said:

> > Was on the course with my son in the morning, around 3PM, all these singles started coming out on the course, and it started to get packed. My friend told me it's the tiger effect.

>

> Our range ran out of balls in the afternoon.

It happens every year people see the masters and they head to range or golf course to play a few rounds. Then it gets hot or baseball season kicks in and there gone.

What Tiger achieved is a big accomplishment everyone wrote him off. He deserves some time again in the spotlight. He may not get too many more chances.

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @heavy_hitter said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > > @heavy_hitter said:

> > > > > > My son turned to me after number 15 and said "Let's go to the course, I don't want to watch that bum win." We turned the TV off and went to play 18 holes.

> > > > >

> > > > > How is he a bum? Only ones I've heard that from so far are the ladies in my office who are still pissed about his infidelities. They act like Tiger cheated on them or something.

> > > >

> > > > The Character of a man is more important than what he has achieved in sports.

> > >

> > > The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

> >

> > Might be one of the dumbest things I have read on the internet today.

> >

> > Who mentioned forgiveness? I mentioned the character of a man which has nothing to do with forgiveness.

> >

> > You are also degrading a 13 year old kid who doesn't like a person because of lack of character flaws in a day and age when that should be commended. Again, has nothing to do with forgiveness. I don't think it is the place of any human on earth to forgive another human. His issue is with his maker and that is who he needs forgiveness from. Still doesn't mean that he doesn't have character flaws.

> >

> >

>

> i mentioned it b/c it's something you might need to exercise - both for you, or your son. realizing that a character flaw is something that we all have - and that we all daily strive to either remedy, fix or improve. I find it awful frankly that a 13 year old would be able to interpret the improprieties of Tiger's life the way he does -- unless the views of say, his father, gave him a certain view to follow.

>

> my dad cheated on my mom with his current wife -- i was 8. it took me years but, i forgave my father -- how can you not forgive a man for his character flaws when you nothing of the views or perspective of that same man? you're right, his issues are with his maker.

>

>

Great. Has nothing to do with forgiveness. Has to do with character flaws. I forgive the drunk driver that hit my mom and messed her knees and hips up. Doesn't mean I would root for him to win the Indy 500 or go grab a beer with him. Because you forgive someone, doesn't mean you have to like him. I don't come to GolfWrx to get unsolicited information on how to raise my kid. I don't even come here to really talk about my my kid. I will tell you though, he doesn't like Tiger, won't root for Tiger, and doesn't care about Tiger. He doesn't even respect him as a golfer. I do respect Tiger for being a great golfer, but like my son will not root for Tiger to ever win a tournament. We don't root against Tiger, we just root for every other player in the field to win.

Glad that you enjoyed Tiger winning.

> @heavy_hitter said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > @heavy_hitter said:

> > > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > > > @heavy_hitter said:

> > > > > > > My son turned to me after number 15 and said "Let's go to the course, I don't want to watch that bum win." We turned the TV off and went to play 18 holes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How is he a bum? Only ones I've heard that from so far are the ladies in my office who are still pissed about his infidelities. They act like Tiger cheated on them or something.

> > > > >

> > > > > The Character of a man is more important than what he has achieved in sports.

> > > >

> > > > The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

> > >

> > > Might be one of the dumbest things I have read on the internet today.

> > >

> > > Who mentioned forgiveness? I mentioned the character of a man which has nothing to do with forgiveness.

> > >

> > > You are also degrading a 13 year old kid who doesn't like a person because of lack of character flaws in a day and age when that should be commended. Again, has nothing to do with forgiveness. I don't think it is the place of any human on earth to forgive another human. His issue is with his maker and that is who he needs forgiveness from. Still doesn't mean that he doesn't have character flaws.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > i mentioned it b/c it's something you might need to exercise - both for you, or your son. realizing that a character flaw is something that we all have - and that we all daily strive to either remedy, fix or improve. I find it awful frankly that a 13 year old would be able to interpret the improprieties of Tiger's life the way he does -- unless the views of say, his father, gave him a certain view to follow.

> >

> > my dad cheated on my mom with his current wife -- i was 8. it took me years but, i forgave my father -- how can you not forgive a man for his character flaws when you nothing of the views or perspective of that same man? you're right, his issues are with his maker.

> >

> >

>

> Great. Has nothing to do with forgiveness. Has to do with character flaws. I forgive the drunk driver that hit my mom and messed her knees and hips up. Doesn't mean I would root for him to win the Indy 500 or go grab a beer with him. Because you forgive someone, doesn't mean you have to like him. I don't come to GolfWrx to get unsolicited information on how to raise my kid. I don't even come here to really talk about my my kid. I will tell you though, he doesn't like Tiger, won't root for Tiger, and doesn't care about Tiger. He doesn't even respect him as a golfer. I do respect Tiger for being a great golfer, but like my son will not root for Tiger to ever win a tournament. We don't root against Tiger, we just root for every other player in the field to win.

>

> Glad that you enjoyed Tiger winning.

Can’t imagine where your 13 old son got those thoughts and feelings since he was, what, 4 years old when Tiger’s transgressions happened? To each their own, and that’s fine.

But to say the courses will now be filled with people “who should never pick up a club” is revelatory of a character flaw right in line with those for which you and your son are passing such harsh judgement on Tiger.

My daughters watched a lot of it and knew the outcome before I did (I shut down my social media/tv until after church when I could get home and watch all on my own). They do not know about Tiger's issues. They were too young to know. Maybe one day they'll learn and they can draw their own conclusions.

But I think Tiger's story can teach us all, especially our kids.

1. Our mistakes do not have to define us. We'll all mess up somewhere in life. Some of us, like Tiger, may mess up big time. But that does not me we cannot change who we are. The Tiger of today is different than the Tiger of the 2000's. The media sees it. See it. He has grown up. He allowed his mistakes and past to mold him into who he is today.

2. We'll experience hard times. The test of our character and resolve is how we'll respond to hard times. Will we quit? Will we give up on our dreams? Or will we find a way to work through it? Tiger shows that we can overcome a lot and achieve what we want if we just have the courage to stand up to what we are dealing with and work through it.

3. Be thankful for where you are in life. Tiger's outlook on playing golf is completely different now coming back from everything. Everyone wrote him off. He's just happy to be competing again, and competing well. Be appreciative of the opportunities you are given, and take advantage of them. Enjoy them. You don't know when you'll have a chance like today again.

• Like 1

> @"Pinewood Golfer" said:

> > @heavy_hitter said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > > > @heavy_hitter said:

> > > > > > > @kekoa said:

> > > > > > > > @heavy_hitter said:

> > > > > > > > My son turned to me after number 15 and said "Let's go to the course, I don't want to watch that bum win." We turned the TV off and went to play 18 holes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How is he a bum? Only ones I've heard that from so far are the ladies in my office who are still pissed about his infidelities. They act like Tiger cheated on them or something.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The Character of a man is more important than what he has achieved in sports.

> > > > >

> > > > > The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.

> > > >

> > > > Might be one of the dumbest things I have read on the internet today.

> > > >

> > > > Who mentioned forgiveness? I mentioned the character of a man which has nothing to do with forgiveness.

> > > >

> > > > You are also degrading a 13 year old kid who doesn't like a person because of lack of character flaws in a day and age when that should be commended. Again, has nothing to do with forgiveness. I don't think it is the place of any human on earth to forgive another human. His issue is with his maker and that is who he needs forgiveness from. Still doesn't mean that he doesn't have character flaws.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > i mentioned it b/c it's something you might need to exercise - both for you, or your son. realizing that a character flaw is something that we all have - and that we all daily strive to either remedy, fix or improve. I find it awful frankly that a 13 year old would be able to interpret the improprieties of Tiger's life the way he does -- unless the views of say, his father, gave him a certain view to follow.

> > >

> > > my dad cheated on my mom with his current wife -- i was 8. it took me years but, i forgave my father -- how can you not forgive a man for his character flaws when you nothing of the views or perspective of that same man? you're right, his issues are with his maker.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Great. Has nothing to do with forgiveness. Has to do with character flaws. I forgive the drunk driver that hit my mom and messed her knees and hips up. Doesn't mean I would root for him to win the Indy 500 or go grab a beer with him. Because you forgive someone, doesn't mean you have to like him. I don't come to GolfWrx to get unsolicited information on how to raise my kid. I don't even come here to really talk about my my kid. I will tell you though, he doesn't like Tiger, won't root for Tiger, and doesn't care about Tiger. He doesn't even respect him as a golfer. I do respect Tiger for being a great golfer, but like my son will not root for Tiger to ever win a tournament. We don't root against Tiger, we just root for every other player in the field to win.

> >

> > Glad that you enjoyed Tiger winning.

>

> Can’t imagine where your 13 old son got those thoughts and feelings since he was, what, 4 years old when Tiger’s transgressions happened? To each their own, and that’s fine.

>

> But to say the courses will now be filled with people “who should never pick up a club” is revelatory of a character flaw right in line with those for which you and your son are passing such harsh judgement on Tiger.

Tiger's character flaws go more than him cheating on his wife. It is a series of events that has happened over the years. Usually, people who make poor decisions do so in several areas of their lives, which Tiger has. He is a great golfer, doesn't mean people have to like him or root for him.

It is OK for people to come out and say they dislike P. Reed, Bubba, Phil, or any other golfer that they dislike. As soon as someone mentions Tiger that person is ridiculed for whatever reason.

And it matters how he got those thoughts and feelings? Again, thanks for the unsolicited parenting advice. My kids are just fine.

Actually, it is not a character flaw. It is my opinion. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. A character flaw is not having a thought on something. A character flaw would be to act against those people being there.

Tiger Effect in full effect. We normally do a walk up play nine without any issues at the club my son takes lessons at any afternoon. We may have to wait 20-30 minutes to start but have never had a problem. Went yesterday and they don't have tee times until the weekend and the range was 100% covered up....