Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

> @Z1ggy16 said:

> > @therealjonzone said:

> > Just weighed my 9* Avalanche

> > 14g and 2g weights

> > 196g without adapter and ordered it with the Atmos Black at 45” and D3 Swingweight with Black New Decade. Came in perfect but it was simply to swap my TP7X into it as the static weight was the same.

> > > @Z1ggy16 said:

> > > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > > after figuring out my driver swing - the driver keeps getting better for me. after having twist face last year i have to say i'm getting used to hittin the slight high-left of center draw i USED to hit...and loving it. i think i might be switching away from my TP5x to something else -- but i have no doubt it will still feel just as good of anything else (except rockflite or peen-acle).

> > > >

> > > > i have mine set to std loft with my rogue silver 70TX and she's a point and shoot machine.

> > >

> > > Gio, how much does your head weight? I want to stick with Cobra since I'm currently too lazy (and poor) to buy new adapters once I manage to fix my BS a bit more. Both my Pro and regular LTD heads weigh 208g. Looking for something like... 195-200g stock, 44.5'' playing length.

> >

> >

>

> Thank you for the info. So sounds like Tour head should come in around 204g then. Wonder if I could order std length driver but -1'' and swap the 14g for the 18g or maybe the 2g for the 4g? I think I want to start right at 198-200g, as that's where I had the most success at with my old M2 and then my Srixon z785.

Just received my F9, Tour length.

Weighed it vs my F8+ which was cut down an inch.

F8+ with 12+8 weights

Head weighed in at 205g

F9 with 18+9 weights

Head weighed in at 205g

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

Yea really like the f9 fairway, as well. Able to hit it high and low whenever I want, but I was coming from an SLDR which went knee high. Not sure about the stock grip, almost feels like a midsize but doesn't say midsize on it. Not such a bad thing as it helps to keep hands a little quiet but not sure what's up with it. Anyone else notice this?

driver :: Callaway Epic 9.5 | EvenFlow 75 6.0 3 wood :: Cobra F9 | Fujikura Atmos 7 S 3 hybrid :: Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 815 | Fujikura Speeder 865 HYB S irons :: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW | Project X LZ 5.5 wedges :: Mizuno S18 50/54/58 Standard | DG Wedge putter :: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2 2016 bag :: Under Armour Storm Sunbrella Stand

Definitely a fan of my F9 3 wood, and enjoying the driver too but still getting that dialed in..

Titleist TSi3 8*, Tensei AV White 65X

Cobra Big Tour 3W, Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 70X

Ping G425 19* 3H, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85X

Taylormade UDI 3i, Diamana Thump 100X

Taylormade p790 5-AW, C-Taper 130X

Titleist Vokey SM7 52* 10S bent to 53

Titleist Vokey SM7 56* 8M bent to 57

Titleist Vokey SM7 60* 12D

Cheers thanks folks. Not hit the tour version yet as it might not be the most suitable for me. It also looks too much like the F8 and I know you don't see it 99% of the time but it annoys me.

With the same (but slightly heavier) Evenflow blue shaft in the regular head is tempting me...just need to test against the ST180 before deciding.

I game an F9 Yellow 9* with a HZRDUS Yellow 6.0 shaft. Straightest longest combo ever for me. Keep searching boys, just gotta find the right potion!

Qi10 LS 9* Ventus Black 6-S

Stealth2 Tour Issue 16.5* Hzrdus Yellow SB 6.0/70g

Stealth 18* Hzrdus Yellow SB 6.0/70g

TM Stealth2 Tour Issue Hybrid 22* Kuro 80x

Srixon MKii ZX5 5-GW Onyx DG AMT White S300

Cleveland RTX6 Black 54/58 Onyx DG X100

TM Spider GT Black on Black 33.5"

I bought a masters edition F9 9.0 stiff flex Evenflow Blue shaft. After several range sessions and only one round I am not having the success I had hoped. My previous driver is a G400 with a Kuro Koge stiff also 60g. I can’t seem to find the center as often with the Cobra. I miss it very low on the face. I have moved the weight back (sounds better there imo) and changed lofts several times. It is more forgiving that way but launch is very high.

I think it is the Shaft but I don’t want to separate the shaft from the head due to the shaft being green in order to match the masters theme. I haven’t completely given up yet but as favorite boss once said “ hire slowly, fire quickly”. Might have to cut my losses and go back to the ping.

I am hoping it is the smoke shafts that make me like the Tour fairway woods so much, going to grab one to try in the driver.

I should just buy another tour 3w , play one at 12, one at 15 and then the 5w at 18-19

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Took the F9 3w out on the range yesterday, Atmos TS blue 7x. Demo club. Really like this setup. I might be looking at adding an F9 driver AND 3w this year. They feel superb, fly off the face, carry forever, and I feel like I can be real aggressive with them. Well done Cobra.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

They really nailed the F9 driver. Just upgraded from the F8+, there was enough difference for me with the exact same shaft. (ball speed, forgiveness, dispersion).

Have not hit the 3/4 wood yet...cripes, do I need to go there too?

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

> @monkeyboy said:

> They really nailed the F9 driver. Just upgraded from the F8+, there was enough difference for me with the exact same shaft. (ball speed, forgiveness, dispersion).

> Have not hit the 3/4 wood yet...cripes, do I need to go there too?

Yup, you should. I was impressed. I still play a g25 ping lol. F9 fairway was very nice - just like the driver is.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

> @cflo2382 said:

> Can you buy the driver weights anywhere else besides Cobra's website?

Not that I have found as I have been waiting for the ebay knockoffs to come out. At least cobra finally has the 6g back in stock. Might just bite the bullet and pay the $33

Cobra LtdX LS - Fujikura Ventus Velocore Red/Purple 6S

Cobra SZ Tour - 16.5 Ventus Velocore Blue 7S

Cobra Radspeed Hybrid - 19 Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699u Pro 4i - Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8s

Sub 70 699 Pro 5-AW - Project X 5.5 Flighted

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54 and RTX Zipcore 58

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 - MH insert at 38"

Callaway Chrome Soft X LS - Triple Track

> @rjr25 said:

> > @cflo2382 said:

> > Can you buy the driver weights anywhere else besides Cobra's website?

>

> Not that I have found as I have been waiting for the ebay knockoffs to come out. At least cobra finally has the 6g back in stock. Might just bite the bullet and pay the $33

Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. I also needed the 6g. I needed a heavier weight for the fairway too so luckily I got the free shipping for being over $50.

Also - Just an FYI for anyone looking for the fairway weight. Cobra confirmed that the Hybrid ONE Length blue colored weight will work in the regular fairways too. I wanted the blue instead of the red so I went with one of those.

i think my F9 experiment run has come to an end. after playing with it on course the honeymoon stage is over and the REAL observations are starting to be more apparent.

1) it doesn't like to draw unless i put it in -1.5* loft; and when i do, obviously this comes out at a much lower launch window than i would prefer.

2) i have had some very odd shots come off the club after hitting it in the center (or very very very close to) - on good swings.

3) i've had some very bad shots that come off the club on no-so-good swings that i cannot live with; to include slight miss hits that go no where (all along bottom, not just center of face).

* the ball speeds are still there when struck well - but those 3-4 shots a round it does what i don't expect it to or, are counter to what i'd expect to see with a given strike location -- i just can't keep it in the bag.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> i think my F9 experiment run has come to an end. after playing with it on course the honeymoon stage is over and the REAL observations are starting to be more apparent.

> 1) it doesn't like to draw unless i put it in -1.5* loft; and when i do, obviously this comes out at a much lower launch window than i would prefer.

> 2) i have had some very odd shots come off the club after hitting it in the center (or very very very close to) - on good swings.

> 3) i've had some very bad shots that come off the club on no-so-good swings that i cannot live with; to include slight miss hits that go no where (all along bottom, not just center of face).

>

> * the ball speeds are still there when struck well - but those 3-4 shots a round it does what i don't expect it to or, are counter to what i'd expect to see with a given strike location -- i just can't keep it in the bag.

Interesting news!

Curious to hear if the love affair for everyone else continues or they come back to the dark side......

> @jbole267 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > i think my F9 experiment run has come to an end. after playing with it on course the honeymoon stage is over and the REAL observations are starting to be more apparent.

> > 1) it doesn't like to draw unless i put it in -1.5* loft; and when i do, obviously this comes out at a much lower launch window than i would prefer.

> > 2) i have had some very odd shots come off the club after hitting it in the center (or very very very close to) - on good swings.

> > 3) i've had some very bad shots that come off the club on no-so-good swings that i cannot live with; to include slight miss hits that go no where (all along bottom, not just center of face).

> >

> > * the ball speeds are still there when struck well - but those 3-4 shots a round it does what i don't expect it to or, are counter to what i'd expect to see with a given strike location -- i just can't keep it in the bag.

>

> Interesting news!

>

> Curious to hear if the love affair for everyone else continues or they come back to the dark side......

lol i'll be going back to my tour issue 2017 M1 460 head...

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I think I've found the F9 driver set-up, I'm going to roll with for awhile:

10g forward -- 18g back

set to 8* loft

total headweight- 210g

total driver length- 45"

Swingweight- D4

This combination is giving the best of both worlds with distance and dispersion. I was playing the headweight at 206g, giving me a D2 sw, but given the highly counterbalanced nature of the pro orange, it felt a little too light and I was pulling/pull hooking more drives than I usually do. Adding more weight gave me better feel. Heavy weight back has better dispersion than the heavy weight forward. I dropped loft to 8* to still keep spin on low side. Surprisingly, I'm finding it still in my good launch window. I'm hitting some absolute bombs in this configuration. This combination beat out my ti 2016 M2 , ti 2017 M2, and g400 LST.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

> @jbole267 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> > i think my F9 experiment run has come to an end. after playing with it on course the honeymoon stage is over and the REAL observations are starting to be more apparent.

> > 1) it doesn't like to draw unless i put it in -1.5* loft; and when i do, obviously this comes out at a much lower launch window than i would prefer.

> > 2) i have had some very odd shots come off the club after hitting it in the center (or very very very close to) - on good swings.

> > 3) i've had some very bad shots that come off the club on no-so-good swings that i cannot live with; to include slight miss hits that go no where (all along bottom, not just center of face).

> >

> > * the ball speeds are still there when struck well - but those 3-4 shots a round it does what i don't expect it to or, are counter to what i'd expect to see with a given strike location -- i just can't keep it in the bag.

>

> Interesting news!

>

> Curious to hear if the love affair for everyone else continues or they come back to the dark side......

My swing changes over the winter have resulted in my shot shape changing from straight to a baby draw and with the F9 in hand, that trend has continued. Able to draw the F9 without any hassle and it has resulted in hitting most fairways.

I 100% agree on the strange shots - I've has a few unexpected flights and short-balls only to check the club face and see the ball print mm toe side of centre. Mark Crossfield picked up on this and is the only reviewer so far to admit that the F9 is not infallible.

I picked up on this early and have solved it by bowing my left wrist a touch in the downswing. Closing the face a touch allows me to deliver the face mm low heel of centre. This results in another odd, but desirable flight. It launches the ball high into air but the penetrating flight goes for miles. It's a massive baby draw bomb ball. It's sneaky long. More consistent than my old M4 and ? times better than the ST180.

> @"Hookasaurus Rex" said:

> I think I've found the F9 driver set-up, I'm going to roll with for awhile:

> 10g forward -- 18g back

> set to 8* loft

> total headweight- 210g

> total driver length- 45"

> Swingweight- D4

>

> This combination is giving the best of both worlds with distance and dispersion. I was playing the headweight at 206g, giving me a D2 sw, but given the highly counterbalanced nature of the pro orange, it felt a little too light and I was pulling/pull hooking more drives than I usually do. Adding more weight gave me better feel. Heavy weight back has better dispersion than the heavy weight forward. I dropped loft to 8* to still keep spin on low side. Surprisingly, I'm finding it still in my good launch window. I'm hitting some absolute bombs in this configuration. This combination beat out my ti 2016 M2 , ti 2017 M2, and g400 LST.

I'm testing out a very similar set up with the TPO shaft. I just ordered a 6g weight and going to put the 18g in the back and 6g in the front. This should put me right at D5 SW which is what I currently play my G400 at. Surprisingly, I think the 10.5 head is working better for me than the original 9.0 that I started testing with. I'm getting much better launch. It's a very close race with my gamer (G400), though. But, I've been smoking the G400 in play ever since I started testing. It's like it knows somethings up.. ha.. Going to take the F9 out for some actual on course action once the weight arrives.

> @gioguy21 said:

> i think my F9 experiment run has come to an end. after playing with it on course the honeymoon stage is over and the REAL observations are starting to be more apparent.

> 1) it doesn't like to draw unless i put it in -1.5* loft; and when i do, obviously this comes out at a much lower launch window than i would prefer.

> 2) i have had some very odd shots come off the club after hitting it in the center (or very very very close to) - on good swings.

> 3) i've had some very bad shots that come off the club on no-so-good swings that i cannot live with; to include slight miss hits that go no where (all along bottom, not just center of face).

>

> * the ball speeds are still there when struck well - but those 3-4 shots a round it does what i don't expect it to or, are counter to what i'd expect to see with a given strike location -- i just can't keep it in the bag.

> @gioguy21 said:

>

In full disclosure, aren’t you one of the testers for Green Grass?

> @mulliganman30 said:

> > @gioguy21 said:

> >

>

> > @gioguy21 said:

> >

>

> In full disclosure, aren’t you one of the testers for Green Grass?

I don't know what you mean -- Do i buy my shafts from TollBros? yes. Do I do everything i can to provide insight into the shafts i put into play? yes.

full disclosure, i'm not sure what you're getting at. TollBros doesn't sell Cobra equipment.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @mulliganman30 said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > i think my F9 experiment run has come to an end. after playing with it on course the honeymoon stage is over and the REAL observations are starting to be more apparent.

> > > 1) it doesn't like to draw unless i put it in -1.5* loft; and when i do, obviously this comes out at a much lower launch window than i would prefer.

> > > 2) i have had some very odd shots come off the club after hitting it in the center (or very very very close to) - on good swings.

> > > 3) i've had some very bad shots that come off the club on no-so-good swings that i cannot live with; to include slight miss hits that go no where (all along bottom, not just center of face).

> > >

> > > * the ball speeds are still there when struck well - but those 3-4 shots a round it does what i don't expect it to or, are counter to what i'd expect to see with a given strike location -- i just can't keep it in the bag.

> >

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > > i think my F9 experiment run has come to an end. after playing with it on course the honeymoon stage is over and the REAL observations are starting to be more apparent.

> > > 1) it doesn't like to draw unless i put it in -1.5* loft; and when i do, obviously this comes out at a much lower launch window than i would prefer.

> > > 2) i have had some very odd shots come off the club after hitting it in the center (or very very very close to) - on good swings.

> > > 3) i've had some very bad shots that come off the club on no-so-good swings that i cannot live with; to include slight miss hits that go no where (all along bottom, not just center of face).

> > >

> > > * the ball speeds are still there when struck well - but those 3-4 shots a round it does what i don't expect it to or, are counter to what i'd expect to see with a given strike location -- i just can't keep it in the bag.

> >

> > In full disclosure, aren’t you one of the testers for Green Grass?

>

> I don't know what you mean -- Do i buy my shafts from TollBros? yes. Do I do everything i can to provide insight into the shafts i put into play? yes.

>

> full disclosure, i'm not sure what you're getting at. TollBros doesn't sell Cobra equipment.

I’m just naturally skeptical and a little puzzled by your “ I had some odd shots after hitting it in the center on good swings”. I’m not sure what that’s even supposed to mean.

Now I know they don’t sell Cobra, but my understanding is they do sell tour Taylormade. And if you are one of their testers for the shafts they pair with these heads, I just want to know what you’re sharing isn’t being influenced by other things.

> @JonnyKrasnodar said:

> > @jbole267 said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > >

> >

> > Interesting news!

> >

> > Curious to hear if the love affair for everyone else continues or they come back to the dark side......

>

> My swing changes over the winter have resulted in my shot shape changing from straight to a baby draw and with the F9 in hand, that trend has continued. Able to draw the F9 without any hassle and it has resulted in hitting most fairways.

> I 100% agree on the strange shots - I've has a few unexpected flights and short-balls only to check the club face and see the ball print mm toe side of centre. Mark Crossfield picked up on this and is the only reviewer so far to admit that the F9 is not infallible.

> I picked up on this early and have solved it by bowing my left wrist a touch in the downswing. Closing the face a touch allows me to deliver the face mm low heel of centre. This results in another odd, but desirable flight. It launches the ball high into air but the penetrating flight goes for miles. It's a massive baby draw bomb ball. It's sneaky long. More consistent than my old M4 and ? times better than the ST180.

> @JonnyKrasnodar said:

> > @jbole267 said:

> > > @gioguy21 said:

> > >

> >

> > Interesting news!

> >

> > Curious to hear if the love affair for everyone else continues or they come back to the dark side......

>

> My swing changes over the winter have resulted in my shot shape changing from straight to a baby draw and with the F9 in hand, that trend has continued. Able to draw the F9 without any hassle and it has resulted in hitting most fairways.

> I 100% agree on the strange shots - I've has a few unexpected flights and short-balls only to check the club face and see the ball print mm toe side of centre. Mark Crossfield picked up on this and is the only reviewer so far to admit that the F9 is not infallible.

> I picked up on this early and have solved it by bowing my left wrist a touch in the downswing. Closing the face a touch allows me to deliver the face mm low heel of centre. This results in another odd, but desirable flight. It launches the ball high into air but the penetrating flight goes for miles. It's a massive baby draw bomb ball. It's sneaky long. More consistent than my old M4 and ? times better than the ST180.

Ok. So, I tried to find the comment you are referencing by Crossfield but I didn’t catch it when I just watched it. Do you know what the time stamp in the video is when he says that?