Anyone jumping on the Hogan bandwagon?

tsecor

This company has made great irons for decades and I recently saw the commercial where they advertise "direct to consumer" pricing. a full set of irons for ~$700?? That is what this industry needs...anyone recently buy a set of hogans? if so, how are they? I wonder if this will change the industry at all.....plus they forge in America and assemble in America as well.......

Where in America are their clubs forged? Hoffman in TN. was the last one I knew of and it closed years ago.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

> @tsecor said:

> This company has made great irons for decades and I recently saw the commercial where they advertise "direct to consumer" pricing. a full set of irons for ~$700?? That is what this industry needs...anyone recently buy a set of hogans? if so, how are they? I wonder if this will change the industry at all.....plus they ~~forge in America and~~ assemble in America as well.......

Fixed that.

Most people don't realize that even partial assembly in US means they can claim it as Made In the USA.

• Like 1

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

I've been on the Hogan train since 2006 when I bought Apex Blades (with the dreaded Callaway Forging). Still use them today. Although they are getting long in the tooth. Best Irons for my swing, and my game. And they were $299 new at Golfsmith. Haven't hit the new stuff, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate to buy another set of Hogans.

• Like 1

Short answer: No.

Longer answer: lefty options are limited, only thing I might consider are the wedges but after shipping, import fee/duty, re-gripping to what I like they are as much or more than most wedges. But I do like what they are offering and are a much cheaper and appealing product for many golfers. So I'll be a fan, but won't be a user of Hogan products.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

My brother plays the original ft worth 15s and I thought they felt great, just not different enough from the mp68s I was playing to warrant a change. I’ve demoed the original PTX and thought they were fine and sharp looking sticks, just something about the offset didn’t sit well with me. But they’re nice clubs. I actually still use a Scor wedge which was the precursor to the new hogan wedge line.

Me.

I looked into buying direct from Hogan for what I still believe is an incredible price compared to most major OEM's. My problem was the delivery charge to the UK and more importantly the import duty, made it prohibitive.

The solution was to buy used, in this case from Global Golf. I received a 22* to 46* set (4 to PW) in very good condition for an excellent price. The import duty stung a bit but it appears to be worth it.

I like them a lot. They are everything that Rick Sheils said they weren't. They are extremely forgiving on shots not quite flushed, they are fabulous to look at. They are as long as anything when you do hit it out of the screws and the dispersion is tighter than most I've used but I put that down to the KBS V110 Tours.

Yes hit it off the toe and you will loose distance but that is always the case.

I have a set of Miura PP9003 and Callaway Apex Pro 16, both practically new, both in the garage and on ebay (UK). The Hogans are in the bag, it will be interesting to see how long they stay there. The record is 13 months, Mizuno MP25, I had them up until last December.

Mizuno ST-X 220 10.5 Aldila Ascent Stiff

Mizuno ST230 16*  UST LINQ

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #4 20* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno JPX Fli_HI #5 22.5* UST Recoil F3

Mizuno MP 5 5- PW TTDG 95 stiff

Mizuno T22 50 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno T22 56 KBS $ Taper Lite
Mizuno M Craft OMOI #1

> @tsecor said:

> This company has made great irons for decades and I recently saw the commercial where they advertise "direct to consumer" pricing. a full set of irons for ~$700?? That is what this industry needs...anyone recently buy a set of hogans? if so, how are they? I wonder if this will change the industry at all.....plus they forge in America and assemble in America as well.......

Great pricing and I'm there if they make an iron/blade with simple lines.

Handicap:  3

From an interview with Steve Dreyer, chief of manufacturing at Hogan **"Hogan sources its forged heads from China,** No where on the Hogan website does it say they are forged in the US. There is some other info in the recent thread titled "Where are forgings completed" or similar. The current iteration of Hogan was bankrupt 2yrs ago after it was resurrected from its previous rescue from bankruptcy by Callaway who bought it from Spalding who resurrected it from its bankruptcy previous to that.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

I can appreciate the sense of nostalgia Tiger's Masters victory brought on, but I have to say I don't like Hogan's chances of getting a 10th Major or even getting that 70th win overall.

• Like 2

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

I've been using some 2003 Hogan Apex. Just bought a Hogan F (52* gap) wedge on the electronic bay.

When these are finally illegal for regular play, I may break down and get me a set of the FW15s.

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

The commercial I saw said they are made right in texas....maybe its somewhat misleading???> @Bad9 said:

> From an interview with Steve Dreyer, chief of manufacturing at Hogan **"Hogan sources its forged heads from China,** No where on the Hogan website does it say they are forged in the US. There is some other info in the recent thread titled "Where are forgings completed" or similar. The current iteration of Hogan was bankrupt 2yrs ago after it was resurrected from its previous rescue from bankruptcy by Callaway who bought it from Spalding who resurrected it from its bankruptcy previous to that.

just saw this on the Hogan web site.....

NOTICE: Due to extraordinarily high interest in our new PTx PRO irons and Precision Milled Forged putters, our phone system is experiencing difficulties. If you are having trouble reaching our Customer Service department at (844) 53-HOGAN, we apologize. Rest assured we are aware of this problem and are working as quickly as possible to rectify the situation. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us by email at '[email protected]'. Thank you for your patience!

here is the video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6j2FLi58g](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6j2FLi58g "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6j2FLi58g")

HAND-CRAFTED IN FORT WORTH, TEXAS

Unlike many larger golf equipment companies, we still design, assemble and ship our products in the United States. We think it's important to use the same basic manufacturing techniques that Ben Hogan pioneered in his original factory … located just a few miles from our facility in Fort Worth, Texas.

That means no mass production, no short cuts in the building process. Our team of craftsman … some of whom worked with Mr. Hogan directly for many years … build each individual club and each set of irons one at a time, to exact specifications.

Though this process takes longer and is more expensive, it’s the only way we know of to ensure you get the most precise, highest-quality golf equipment in the world that is worthy of Ben Hogan's signature.

It's not the same Hogan. The current iteration of Hogan is Scor, that wedge company run by Terry Kohler, bought the name from Callaway a few years back.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

> @duffer987 said:

> I can appreciate the sense of nostalgia Tiger's Masters victory brought on, but I have to say I don't like Hogan's chances of getting a 10th Major or even getting that 70th win overall.

Never say never - zombie Hogan might rise again:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2019/04/17/714289322/scientists-restore-some-function-in-the-brains-of-dead-pigs

AI Smoke Max Tensei Blue 55R | Cleveland Halo XL HyWood 3+ Tensei Blue 55R

G430 4-5H Alta R | Srixon ZX4-5 7i-AW Dart 65R

Glide4 Eye2 56 | Vokey 60 M | Ping Anser 2023

> @tsecor said:

> here is the video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6j2FLi58g](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6j2FLi58g "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ6j2FLi58g")

>

>  

> HAND-CRAFTED IN FORT WORTH, TEXAS

> Unlike many larger golf equipment companies, we still design, assemble and ship our products in the United States. We think it's important to use the same basic manufacturing techniques that Ben Hogan pioneered in his original factory … located just a few miles from our facility in Fort Worth, Texas.

> That means no mass production, no short cuts in the building process. Our team of craftsman … some of whom worked with Mr. Hogan directly for many years … build each individual club and each set of irons one at a time, to exact specifications.

> Though this process takes longer and is more expensive, it’s the only way we know of to ensure you get the most precise, highest-quality golf equipment in the world that is worthy of Ben Hogan's signature.

And nowhere in that spiel does it say they forge the heads, in fact they are very careful not to say they forge them in the US. The quote I posted earlier is from their chief of production in an interview he did on Not allowed because of spam.com in 2018.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

> @JAMH03 said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > It's not the same Hogan. The current iteration of Hogan is Scor, that wedge company run by Terry Kohler, bought the name from Callaway a few years back.

>

> Not exactly.

Other than Koehler getting ousted when they went pretty much bankrupt again in 2017 it pretty much is. The Ft Worth are just a continuation of the Scorwedges into a full set of irons.

> @Bad9 said:

> > @JAMH03 said:

> > > @BottleCap said:

> > > It's not the same Hogan. The current iteration of Hogan is Scor, that wedge company run by Terry Kohler, bought the name from Callaway a few years back.

> >

> > Not exactly.

>

>

> Other than Koehler getting ousted when they went pretty much bankrupt again in 2017 it pretty much is. The Ft Worth are just a continuation of the Scorwedges into a full set of irons.

That part yes. But w/o TK the business maybe more solid, but designs not as good IMO looks are trash, tech lacking, designs not as classic, Equalizer line is lame, nobody touting performance, but they do have T.V. ads so they have that going for them.

• Like 1

> @BottleCap said:

> It's not the same Hogan. The current iteration of Hogan is Scor, that wedge company run by Terry Kohler, bought the name from Callaway a few years back.

Perry Ellis purchased the "Hogan" name from Callaway in 2012. Koehler was chosen to resurrect the Hogan club line in 2014 after obtaining licensing rights. Just like Reid Lockhart/Ray Cook, Eidolon and SCOR before Hogan, his time at Hogan didn't turn out well.

> @BrianMcG said:

> I've been using some 2003 Hogan Apex. Just bought a Hogan F (52* gap) wedge on the electronic bay.

>

> When these are finally illegal for regular play, I may break down and get me a set of the FW15s.

Your 2003’s (if they are the blades) are good to go on the groove rules!

As my name suggests, I play Hogan now (older) and will be very interested watching how the Ft-worths hit ebay over the next few years. The PTx are sweet too. Not to mention a new putter line, and I think they still make hybrids too. Prices good (too high for me) and I like the looks of all the iron lines. Exciting stuff!

• Like 1

I played Hogan Apex PC's back in the late 80's when I was a child and I loved them. My parents bought them for me as a gift for graduation. They were $399 I think......not sure why I ever sold them, but it seems as if the Hogan company is getting back to their roots and the tech they are including in their irons is impressive...to me anyway

• Like 1

> @"James the Hogan Fan" said:

> > @BrianMcG said:

> > I've been using some 2003 Hogan Apex. Just bought a Hogan F (52* gap) wedge on the electronic bay.

> >

> > When these are finally illegal for regular play, I may break down and get me a set of the FW15s.

>

> Your 2003’s (if they are the blades) are good to go on the groove rules!

>

> As my name suggests, I play Hogan now (older) and will be very interested watching how the Ft-worths hit ebay over the next few years. The PTx are sweet too. Not to mention a new putter line, and I think they still make hybrids too. Prices good (too high for me) and I like the looks of all the iron lines. Exciting stuff!

>

You're right!!!

I finally found them on the database. I didn't realize they were owned by Spalding then. I had always looked under Calaway.

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.