2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

ddetts' Swing Journey - 2020 Goals & Updated Swing Progress pg. 17

ddetts

Wow, pretty clean.

Can you please explain the whole process and stuff needed to remove, repaint, and finish so it will not rust?

1. I strip existing paint using 2 minute remover or tal strip. Stuff is pretty gnarly, so heed the warnings on it about using in a ventilated area, hand/eye protection, etc. After a few minutes of applying the paint starts to bubble, and I take a firm bristled brush to scrub the paint out in a large bucket of water. Some manufacturers use really strong paint, and I've had to repeat this process 2-3x but that isn't the norm. I've never used this stuff on any clubs that have like a black/pvd finish, so I'm not sure if it's safe or too harsh for that.

- Some people use just acetone, and soak the club heads in it. I've not tried this method, as it seems more time consuming.

2. I make sure I have cleaned the heads after stripping, usually take rubbing alcohol and completely wipe down the heads, to make sure no chemical residue remains

3. Time to paint. As mentioned, I use Testors enamels as I haven't had the best luck with acrylics when cleaning up excess paint. This step has the most variability. Depending on how many colors I am using, and how close together different color paints may be, I will sometimes do just 1 color at a time, let it completely dry, and then clean the excess. Then I'll move on to color #2 - paint, let dry, and clean excess. Repeating for each color as necessary. The reasoning is that if different colors are close together, when you go to wipe up the excess the colors can run/bleed together and ruin your work. Easy enough to go back to step 1 and start over, but it's time wasted. To apply the paint, I have bought the small bottles with the needle tips for application, but I find that just dipping fine toothpicks in the paint and slowing applying small drops at a time I can get just as good of results. It also seems to help to either thin the pain a little so it will "flow" better to fill in the areas you're painting or to put a very light amount of rubbing alcohol in the area to be painted just prior to applying paint.

4. To clean up excess paint, I wait close to a full 24 hours for the enamel to cure. I use non-acetone fingernail polish remover. This is much more forgiving than using acetone or acetone based nail polish remover. I have found that acetone isn't very forgiving and for me it will often take away too much of the "good" paint along with excess around edges when I am trying to clean them up. I have also found that having lint free cloth or pads of some sort helps, as in the past I've gotten fibers stuck in the paint when using a paper towel or old t-shirt.

5. I then take rubbing alcohol and wipe down the club heads again to clean up nail polish remover residue.

I've done 4 sets of irons (some multiple times) and a few putters now, and it can still be a bit of a frustrating process. Definitely a bit of trial and error involved in finding what method/steps work for you.

Thank you so much ddetts. Very awesome bro! Can’t wait to try this :)

Any time! Good luck and I can't wait to see tgw end result when you're finished.

DD and Tim -

I’m not all that experienced in this... I’ve really only done my Scotty but the acetone worked great for me. I just let the entire putter head rest in acetone for about 60 minutes.... after that time period using a toothpick I was easily able to remove all paint fill.

Thank you for the heads up brother. It’s really awesome how you guys customize your own stuff. learn a lot from both your threads :)

Wow, pretty clean.

Can you please explain the whole process and stuff needed to remove, repaint, and finish so it will not rust?

1. I strip existing paint using 2 minute remover or tal strip. Stuff is pretty gnarly, so heed the warnings on it about using in a ventilated area, hand/eye protection, etc. After a few minutes of applying the paint starts to bubble, and I take a firm bristled brush to scrub the paint out in a large bucket of water. Some manufacturers use really strong paint, and I've had to repeat this process 2-3x but that isn't the norm. I've never used this stuff on any clubs that have like a black/pvd finish, so I'm not sure if it's safe or too harsh for that.

- Some people use just acetone, and soak the club heads in it. I've not tried this method, as it seems more time consuming.

2. I make sure I have cleaned the heads after stripping, usually take rubbing alcohol and completely wipe down the heads, to make sure no chemical residue remains

3. Time to paint. As mentioned, I use Testors enamels as I haven't had the best luck with acrylics when cleaning up excess paint. This step has the most variability. Depending on how many colors I am using, and how close together different color paints may be, I will sometimes do just 1 color at a time, let it completely dry, and then clean the excess. Then I'll move on to color #2 - paint, let dry, and clean excess. Repeating for each color as necessary. The reasoning is that if different colors are close together, when you go to wipe up the excess the colors can run/bleed together and ruin your work. Easy enough to go back to step 1 and start over, but it's time wasted. To apply the paint, I have bought the small bottles with the needle tips for application, but I find that just dipping fine toothpicks in the paint and slowing applying small drops at a time I can get just as good of results. It also seems to help to either thin the pain a little so it will "flow" better to fill in the areas you're painting or to put a very light amount of rubbing alcohol in the area to be painted just prior to applying paint.

4. To clean up excess paint, I wait close to a full 24 hours for the enamel to cure. I use non-acetone fingernail polish remover. This is much more forgiving than using acetone or acetone based nail polish remover. I have found that acetone isn't very forgiving and for me it will often take away too much of the "good" paint along with excess around edges when I am trying to clean them up. I have also found that having lint free cloth or pads of some sort helps, as in the past I've gotten fibers stuck in the paint when using a paper towel or old t-shirt.

5. I then take rubbing alcohol and wipe down the club heads again to clean up nail polish remover residue.

I've done 4 sets of irons (some multiple times) and a few putters now, and it can still be a bit of a frustrating process. Definitely a bit of trial and error involved in finding what method/steps work for you.

Thank you so much ddetts. Very awesome bro! Can’t wait to try this :)

Any time! Good luck and I can't wait to see tgw end result when you're finished.

DD and Tim -

I’m not all that experienced in this... I’ve really only done my Scotty but the acetone worked great for me. I just let the entire putter head rest in acetone for about 60 minutes.... after that time period using a toothpick I was easily able to remove all paint fill.

I would say, if you're just doing a single club this is preferable. Just too cumbersome/time consuming when doing 10+ irons.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I might finally get to hit balls outside soon! We're nearly through this winter madness and now just need to hope for now crazy April weather!

usn96u1lr2yj.jpg

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Don't know how you cold-weather-folk do it.

In Cali as long as one avoids dying in an earthquake or being burned alive in a wildfire Cali has some nice weather. If I lived in a cold weather climate I'd want to become an expert in Curling.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

@ebrasmus21 it's all about the pros and cons right? Winter is probably the only real big drawback here, the other 8 months are pretty nice B) . The other is having only a regional airport with not many direct flights but a ton of connections.

I don't have earthquakes, mudslides, wildfires, pollution to deal with but we are in tornado alley, my commute to work - around 12 minutes - 15 minutes tops, my state income taxes - 0%, cost of golf - probably some of the lowest in the nation, top notch public schools. Cost of living has been creeping up, mostly due to housing and this city being a really popular one to move to.

But I don't have access to any oceans!

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Lots of pros in that list and most of the pros you list can be applied as cons to living in CA, lol.

I'm not a native Californian so I have no desire to defend the merits of Cali. In my opinion California **should **be the best state in the country yet is anything but... Just my opinion.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Yeah, I don't think I could deal with the traffic or amount of people in any of those major metro areas in CA. Now, if I had the scratch to purchase a place in Carmel, maybe I might think differently.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

I'm in SoCal - LA. I was just thinking the other day how hard it would be for me not to have golf and outdoors all year round. I am outside more than 2 hours everyday, often outside almost all day. We think about leaving (we're retired now) - traffic, crowed streets are a drag... but it's hard to leave the ocean, only 10 minute walk away. We walk almost every day at the beach for 1-4 hours. But it's pricey here.... real estate, taxes. I guess everywhere has its trade-offs.

Glad spring is here for all of those who have to hibernate for the winter. It golf season all across America, or will soon be. We had a pretty cold, wet winter here (for us). Now the sun is beginning to shine and everyone is so excited to be back at the range or playing. It must be quadruple that in your part of the world!

• Like 1

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

@wmblake2000 the excitement really builds when golf season is about to start. It's almost as much about just getting to be outside doing things again.

On another note, the driving range at my home course opens today! I'll be hitting balls outside, even if it's likely going to be off mats.

• Like 1

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

• 3 weeks later...

Man, I really don't like coming on here to complain but this is seriously depressing. Thought we were into spring and out of winter. I'm just hoping this doesn't do much damage to grass, plants and trees that are out of dormancy already.

yt7d1fbtgbfa.jpg

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Happy moving day everyone! Here's me with my youngest. Still snow on the ground, so we're enjoying all the Masters coverage today. og442pm51hka.jpeg

• Like 1

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> What are the names of the stuffed animals?

Caddie Bear & Carter (as in golf cart)

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

> @ddetts said:

> Happy moving day everyone! Here's me with my youngest. Still snow on the ground,

>

Awesome pic! Whose name is on the back?

PS: of course there’s snow on the ground. It’s South Frickin Dakota. I got cold just typing the words...

• Like 1

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @wmblake2000 said:

> > @ddetts said:

> > Happy moving day everyone! Here's me with my youngest. Still snow on the ground,

> >

>

> Awesome pic! Whose name is on the back?

>

> PS: of course there’s snow on the ground. It’s South Frickin Dakota. I got cold just typing the words...

>

It's Nicklaus on the back, with the 86 on the front.

A lot of years I would already have a 5-10 rounds in by mid April.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

It's finally happening! Tee time for 12:03 this Friday and it's going to be sunny and low 60s. I don't know if I've ever had so much excitement build for a golf season as this year. I've been able to get out to the range a few times and I'm pumped to see where my game is at and what my priorities should be for practice. I'm hoping to increase my tournament golf schedule a little more this year and the first event, the SDGA Mid-Am is in early June.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Very awesome! > @ddetts said:

> It's finally happening! Tee time for 12:03 this Friday and it's going to be sunny and low 60s. I don't know if I've ever had so much excitement build for a golf season as this year. I've been able to get out to the range a few times and I'm pumped to see where my game is at and what my priorities should be for practice. I'm hoping to increase my tournament golf schedule a little more this year and the first event, the SDGA Mid-Am is in early June.

heck yeah, get it bro. Time to put your new Mizuno's to work.

• Like 1

> @Timbo929 said:

> Very awesome! > @ddetts said:

> > It's finally happening! Tee time for 12:03 this Friday and it's going to be sunny and low 60s. I don't know if I've ever had so much excitement build for a golf season as this year. I've been able to get out to the range a few times and I'm pumped to see where my game is at and what my priorities should be for practice. I'm hoping to increase my tournament golf schedule a little more this year and the first event, the SDGA Mid-Am is in early June.

>

> heck yeah, get it bro. Time to put your new Mizuno's to work.

I am so pumped - I am getting a more piercing trajectory with the MP-18 MMCs paired with the Project X LZ compared to my MP-15 with the C-Taper Lite. The head shape & feel were so similar it didn't take much to adjust, with only the sound being a little different with the MMCs.

Also, with the work I've been doing with Monte from online lessons (it'll probably be time for another after an actual round or two) I'm seeing some nice improvements in correcting my ball flight. The occurrence of pulls is down signficantly and I would say my misses have actually been little pushes more often than pulls. I'm even hitting little draws or push draws, which I can tell you is no small feat. This time last year, I probably couldn't have gotten the ball to start right of my target line with a million dollars on the line!

I spent A LOT of time putting this offseason, really focusing on setup after making a putter switch. I saw some glimpses of payoff on that when I was in Arizone in January as I made quite a few more putts in that 4-10' range that normally are low percentage for me.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

> @ddetts said:

> > @Timbo929 said:

> > Very awesome! > @ddetts said:

> > > It's finally happening! Tee time for 12:03 this Friday and it's going to be sunny and low 60s. I don't know if I've ever had so much excitement build for a golf season as this year. I've been able to get out to the range a few times and I'm pumped to see where my game is at and what my priorities should be for practice. I'm hoping to increase my tournament golf schedule a little more this year and the first event, the SDGA Mid-Am is in early June.

> >

> > heck yeah, get it bro. Time to put your new Mizuno's to work.

> I am so pumped - I am getting a more piercing trajectory with the MP-18 MMCs paired with the Project X LZ compared to my MP-15 with the C-Taper Lite. The head shape & feel were so similar it didn't take much to adjust, with only the sound being a little different with the MMCs.

>

> Also, with the work I've been doing with Monte from online lessons (it'll probably be time for another after an actual round or two) I'm seeing some nice improvements in correcting my ball flight. The occurrence of pulls is down signficantly and I would say my misses have actually been little pushes more often than pulls. I'm even hitting little draws or push draws, which I can tell you is no small feat. This time last year, I probably couldn't have gotten the ball to start right of my target line with a million dollars on the line!

>

> I spent A LOT of time putting this offseason, really focusing on setup after making a putter switch. I saw some glimpses of payoff on that when I was in Arizone in January as I made quite a few more putts in that 4-10' range that normally are low percentage for me.

You must be pumped!

It’s crazy how you have “golf seasons” and your “off seasons” are for training your swing, putting, and fixing your bag up.

I’m learning to appreciate how blessed we are here in SoCal.

• Like 2

> @Timbo929 said:

> > @ddetts said:

> > > @Timbo929 said:

> > > Very awesome! > @ddetts said:

> > > > It's finally happening! Tee time for 12:03 this Friday and it's going to be sunny and low 60s. I don't know if I've ever had so much excitement build for a golf season as this year. I've been able to get out to the range a few times and I'm pumped to see where my game is at and what my priorities should be for practice. I'm hoping to increase my tournament golf schedule a little more this year and the first event, the SDGA Mid-Am is in early June.

> > >

> > > heck yeah, get it bro. Time to put your new Mizuno's to work.

> > I am so pumped - I am getting a more piercing trajectory with the MP-18 MMCs paired with the Project X LZ compared to my MP-15 with the C-Taper Lite. The head shape & feel were so similar it didn't take much to adjust, with only the sound being a little different with the MMCs.

> >

> > Also, with the work I've been doing with Monte from online lessons (it'll probably be time for another after an actual round or two) I'm seeing some nice improvements in correcting my ball flight. The occurrence of pulls is down signficantly and I would say my misses have actually been little pushes more often than pulls. I'm even hitting little draws or push draws, which I can tell you is no small feat. This time last year, I probably couldn't have gotten the ball to start right of my target line with a million dollars on the line!

> >

> > I spent A LOT of time putting this offseason, really focusing on setup after making a putter switch. I saw some glimpses of payoff on that when I was in Arizone in January as I made quite a few more putts in that 4-10' range that normally are low percentage for me.

>

> You must be pumped!

>

> It’s crazy how you have “golf seasons” and your “off seasons” are for training your swing, putting, and fixing your bag up.

>

> I’m learning to appreciate how blessed we are here in SoCal.

Definitely one of the very few negatives living here, but it is a big one for serious golfers. Maybe someday after my kids are out of the house I'll move south or have a vacation home!

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> Looks like a great forecast the next couple of days!

I'm really hoping to play Saturday as well but the war department probably won't approve.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

> @ddetts said:

> > @Timbo929 said:

> > > @ddetts said:

> > > > @Timbo929 said:

> > > > Very awesome! > @ddetts said:

> > > > > It's finally happening! Tee time for 12:03 this Friday and it's going to be sunny and low 60s. I don't know if I've ever had so much excitement build for a golf season as this year. I've been able to get out to the range a few times and I'm pumped to see where my game is at and what my priorities should be for practice. I'm hoping to increase my tournament golf schedule a little more this year and the first event, the SDGA Mid-Am is in early June.

> > > >

> > > > heck yeah, get it bro. Time to put your new Mizuno's to work.

> > > I am so pumped - I am getting a more piercing trajectory with the MP-18 MMCs paired with the Project X LZ compared to my MP-15 with the C-Taper Lite. The head shape & feel were so similar it didn't take much to adjust, with only the sound being a little different with the MMCs.

> > >

> > > Also, with the work I've been doing with Monte from online lessons (it'll probably be time for another after an actual round or two) I'm seeing some nice improvements in correcting my ball flight. The occurrence of pulls is down signficantly and I would say my misses have actually been little pushes more often than pulls. I'm even hitting little draws or push draws, which I can tell you is no small feat. This time last year, I probably couldn't have gotten the ball to start right of my target line with a million dollars on the line!

> > >

> > > I spent A LOT of time putting this offseason, really focusing on setup after making a putter switch. I saw some glimpses of payoff on that when I was in Arizone in January as I made quite a few more putts in that 4-10' range that normally are low percentage for me.

> >

> > You must be pumped!

> >

> > It’s crazy how you have “golf seasons” and your “off seasons” are for training your swing, putting, and fixing your bag up.

> >

> > I’m learning to appreciate how blessed we are here in SoCal.

>

> Definitely one of the very few negatives living here, but it is a big one for serious golfers. Maybe someday after my kids are out of the house I'll move south or have a vacation home!

might be a good thing, you probably spent a lot of time with your family being a awesome dad in the off season.

I'm out of the house M-F before the kids wake up/ return at 6:30 from work and play golf every Saturday at first light / return around 10am - 11am. Every time I put on a hoodie my kids are yelling " daddy don't leave", I ask myself: am I not home enough?

> @Timbo929 said:

> > @ddetts said:

> > > @Timbo929 said:

> > > > @ddetts said:

> > > > > @Timbo929 said:

> > > > > Very awesome! > @ddetts said:

> > > > > > It's finally happening! Tee time for 12:03 this Friday and it's going to be sunny and low 60s. I don't know if I've ever had so much excitement build for a golf season as this year. I've been able to get out to the range a few times and I'm pumped to see where my game is at and what my priorities should be for practice. I'm hoping to increase my tournament golf schedule a little more this year and the first event, the SDGA Mid-Am is in early June.

> > > > >

> > > > > heck yeah, get it bro. Time to put your new Mizuno's to work.

> > > > I am so pumped - I am getting a more piercing trajectory with the MP-18 MMCs paired with the Project X LZ compared to my MP-15 with the C-Taper Lite. The head shape & feel were so similar it didn't take much to adjust, with only the sound being a little different with the MMCs.

> > > >

> > > > Also, with the work I've been doing with Monte from online lessons (it'll probably be time for another after an actual round or two) I'm seeing some nice improvements in correcting my ball flight. The occurrence of pulls is down signficantly and I would say my misses have actually been little pushes more often than pulls. I'm even hitting little draws or push draws, which I can tell you is no small feat. This time last year, I probably couldn't have gotten the ball to start right of my target line with a million dollars on the line!

> > > >

> > > > I spent A LOT of time putting this offseason, really focusing on setup after making a putter switch. I saw some glimpses of payoff on that when I was in Arizone in January as I made quite a few more putts in that 4-10' range that normally are low percentage for me.

> > >

> > > You must be pumped!

> > >

> > > It’s crazy how you have “golf seasons” and your “off seasons” are for training your swing, putting, and fixing your bag up.

> > >

> > > I’m learning to appreciate how blessed we are here in SoCal.

> >

> > Definitely one of the very few negatives living here, but it is a big one for serious golfers. Maybe someday after my kids are out of the house I'll move south or have a vacation home!

>

> might be a good thing, you probably spent a lot of time with your family being a awesome dad in the off season.

>

> I'm out of the house M-F before the kids wake up/ return at 6:30 from work and play golf every Saturday at first light / return around 10am - 11am. Every time I put on a hoodie my kids are yelling " daddy don't leave", I ask myself: am I not home enough?

I'm lucky, my commute is around 15 mins so I get to have breakfast with my kids and take my youngest to school 3/5 days a week. Some mornings we walk there together.

I'm with you, most of my rounds are either at or near sunrise otherwise I use paid time off to golf weekday afternoons. I'm the only golfer in my household, although I'm trying to get my youngest more interested, so I try to be careful/sensitive to not using too much weekend time away from them. I'm going to try this summer to golf more 9 hole early morning rounds before work. I live about 3 minutes from my home course so I can easily get in 9, get home, shower, and be ready for work. That's something I have failed to take advantage of the last few years.

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Here's the update for my 1st round this year, and I have to say I don't think I have ever been more excited and encouraged going into a golf season! The score isn't a great reflection (for reasons I'll detail below).

04/19/2019 Willow Run Golf Course

Course normally plays par 70, but the par 4 second hole is temporarily a par 3 while they work out some turf issues. I shot 80 (+11) and as I said while the score isn't that exciting it's super encouraging for a number of reasons:

* 30 putts, no three putts and really couldn't been 28 putts because I hard lipped out two putts - 1 for birdie and 1 for par

* 4 penalty strokes, 3 led to doubles - 1 big pull left with driver (my big swing fault from last year) and 3 weak, right wipey pushes with irons. One was a mystery, on hole 16 a grounds crew was working short right of par 3 green and were just having people hit, I flared it right at them, swear I saw it land, but it was nowhere to be found so I had to take a penalty for a ball I know wasn't hit into the penalty area and led to a double

* Almost all of my misses were right, and rarely hit a pull. That tells me my swing changes are setting in, I'm getting path better and less flipping but I'm not getting wrists working quite right. I'm not trusting the new swing and I think I'm extending my lead wrist a bit again. I meant to, but forgot to get swing videos on the course.

* I hit a lot of great iron shots! 4i from 210 off a sidehill lie into a par 5 for an eagle putt. I didn't have a single eagle putt last year, and I had one the first round of the year!. 5i to a 207 yard par 3, hit to 8 feet. Hit a sweet 3/4 8i flighted draw into a 150y par 3. I did hit a few fat though, I think from swing changes and trying to not to lunge upper body.

* Short game was overall pretty sharp. First 3 holes were bogeys because I couldn't convert 5-6' par saves on good chips/pitches. I didn't mishit/chunk/flub a single short game shot!

@MonteScheinblum appreciate the videos, the online lessons, and time at the clinic last year. I think some of the changes are finally getting through my thick skull. I need to get you updated swing videos for another online lesson check-up.

This is the most optimistic I've ever felt going into a golf year. I really think I can get my handicap to its lowest and meet some competition related goals I set at the start of the year.

• Like 1

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

> @Timbo929 said:

> > @ddetts said:

> > > @Timbo929 said:

> > > > @ddetts said:

> > > > > @Timbo929 said:

> > > > > Very awesome! > @ddetts said:

> > > > > > It's finally happening! Tee time for 12:03 this Friday and it's going to be sunny and low 60s. I don't know if I've ever had so much excitement build for a golf season as this year. I've been able to get out to the range a few times and I'm pumped to see where my game is at and what my priorities should be for practice. I'm hoping to increase my tournament golf schedule a little more this year and the first event, the SDGA Mid-Am is in early June.

> > > > >

> > > > > heck yeah, get it bro. Time to put your new Mizuno's to work.

> > > > I am so pumped - I am getting a more piercing trajectory with the MP-18 MMCs paired with the Project X LZ compared to my MP-15 with the C-Taper Lite. The head shape & feel were so similar it didn't take much to adjust, with only the sound being a little different with the MMCs.

> > > >

> > > > Also, with the work I've been doing with Monte from online lessons (it'll probably be time for another after an actual round or two) I'm seeing some nice improvements in correcting my ball flight. The occurrence of pulls is down signficantly and I would say my misses have actually been little pushes more often than pulls. I'm even hitting little draws or push draws, which I can tell you is no small feat. This time last year, I probably couldn't have gotten the ball to start right of my target line with a million dollars on the line!

> > > >

> > > > I spent A LOT of time putting this offseason, really focusing on setup after making a putter switch. I saw some glimpses of payoff on that when I was in Arizone in January as I made quite a few more putts in that 4-10' range that normally are low percentage for me.

> > >

> > > You must be pumped!

> > >

> > > It’s crazy how you have “golf seasons” and your “off seasons” are for training your swing, putting, and fixing your bag up.

> > >

> > > I’m learning to appreciate how blessed we are here in SoCal.

> >

> > Definitely one of the very few negatives living here, but it is a big one for serious golfers. Maybe someday after my kids are out of the house I'll move south or have a vacation home!

>

> might be a good thing, you probably spent a lot of time with your family being a awesome dad in the off season.

>

> I'm out of the house M-F before the kids wake up/ return at 6:30 from work and play golf every Saturday at first light / return around 10am - 11am. Every time I put on a hoodie my kids are yelling " daddy don't leave", I ask myself: am I not home enough?

I marshal at a lighted course. This on guy comes out most nights around 8:30 pm... after the 2 yr old goes to bed. I always admire this guy’s way of taking care of that.

• Like 1

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

6k8ndlycnncf.jpg

Here's the scorecard from yesterday, I need to get a better system for stat tracking. Anyone have suggestions?

Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen