2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Callaway pre-owned

dmb3535

I bought a set of Big Bertha irons from them last week. They were delivered this past Wednesday (9/20/16). They were 4 thru PW advertised in like new condition. The ferrules were cracked on every iron except the 5 iron. When I called they said they would "work with me" which evolved into a conversation where I felt like I was being steered toward them up selling me into a more expensive set of irons if I wanted something else in "like new" condition. It had all the enjoyment of spending an hour at a used car lot. I just mistakenly assumed that "like new" meant "like new". To quote Phil, "I'm such an idiot.".....

Callaway 2015 Great Big Bertha 10.5
Callaway Great Big Bertha ll 3W & 5W
Callaway Steelhead lll 9 wood 
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 4/E
Cleveland 588 TA 51* & 56* 
Ray Cook Blue Goose 

I bought a set of Big Bertha irons from them last week. They were delivered this past Wednesday (9/20/16). They were 4 thru PW advertised in like new condition. The ferrules were cracked on every iron except the 5 iron. When I called they said they would "work with me" which evolved into a conversation where I felt like I was being steered toward them up selling me into a more expensive set of irons if I wanted something else in "like new" condition. It had all the enjoyment of spending an hour at a used car lot. I just mistakenly assumed that "like new" meant "like new". To quote Phil, "I'm such an idiot.".....

Hmmmm,,,,,,, given all the other posts in this thread it sounds like your experience was an anomaly,,,,,,,,,,

I just order a couple of "like new" wedges just the other day - I'll add my 2 cents when they arrive,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Wow...Ive never had an encounter even close to that with CPO regarding like new stuff. Ive ordered an iron set like new, and a driver and fairway wood both like new, and all three times they arrived with plastic still on the heads. The iron set was a Razr XF set, which is about 4 seasons old - still had plastic on all but the 7 iron. And Ive never had an encounter with CPO customer service that was NOT second to none with regards to professionalism. I iron set I had bought from them went down like this: I emailed their support about it looking for as many details that I could find, and was asking about any deals on price or shipping. Soon thereafter, the set disappeared from their online list. I was disappointed that it appeared someone else had scooped them up. I got an email from them the next morning asking if I was still interested in them. I responded by saying that I was but it was no longer on their stock list on their website. They responded by saying they took them off the site because they reserved the set for me, even though I had not as of yet given any confirmation I was going to purchase them. And I got next-day shipping for no extra cost without even asking. So like I said, nothing but professional and courteous service from them.

I ordered a Mack Daddy wedge from them recently in "very good" condition and the thing looked like it had never been hit. Only blemish was a tiny nick on the back that was simply bag chatter.

CPO has a basically no-questions-asked policy for returns, so I find it hard to believe they were seriously trying to steer you into buying something more expensive.

I've always been high on Callaway and their customer service. They were great when I was in the business and seemed to become even better. With that being said, the face on my beloved X Hot 3 wood caved/dented and the topline cracked. I ordered it brand new directly from Callaway with a Tour AD DI-7S when it came out (I understand this is way past the 2 year mark). I took the club to my club pro and he called for a return authorization number and what options were available. The rep said they could replace the head to an XR for $120 (my PRO'S COST) and then I would be on my own with the reshafting. They even stated that they would have to send me a complete club and ask that I would pull the shaft and ship it back along with my damaged X Hot head. I expected to be charged something, but I was definitely caught off guard by this response. I had my pro tell them no thank you and ask what other options were available. They connected him to Callaway Pre-Owned where they tried to sell me an X Hot club in "very good condition." Needless to say, I was very let down by the service this go around and won't be bragging on their customer service any time soon.

Now, I will give a shot out to Global Golf where I bought an "excellent" condition XR 16 3 wood for $108 shipped after codes. I understand the cost difference isn't much, but I really just expected more from Callaway as they have ALWAYS gone above and beyond in my past experiences with them.

Titleist TSR2 9.0 with Graphite Design Tour AD-UB6S
[size=3]Titleist TSI2 13.5 degree with Graphite Design Tour AD-HD7S
Callaway Paradym Heavenwood
2023 TaylorMade P790 4-AW Nippon Pro Modus 120x
Titleist Vokey SM9 54 and 60 w/Nippon Pro Modus 120x
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2/TaylorMade Spider X Navy

Just got my 2 PM Grind wedges today. Bought them "like new" for $85 per.

They are the black headed ones so I expect any ball marks would show more clearly than on the non-black wedge heads.

Not a mark on them. Grooves appear perfect. All the store stickers are on them although they certainly could've been placed on the after they'd been cleaned up.

Cannot tell if they ever hit a ball.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to relate my experience with my last two orders (both within the last three weeks) with Callaway CPO as it has been unusually frustrating. Unusual because I have in the past, had good experiences with CPO. Generally, the items always meet my expectations (sometimes exceed) as far as the condition is concerned. However, my last two orders I was sent the wrong items and had to go through the trouble of the return process (time, hassle, and waiting for refund which can take up to more than a month to process back to the CC). On the first order, I was sent the right driver head but with the wrong shaft. On the second order (a shaft) the right shaft type was sent but was 2 1/2" shorter than standard. On each order, the items came with the correct information on the applied stickers as ordered, just not on the proper items. Condition was as ordered as usual. Customer service was courteous but on both accounts, just explained that "it happens" due to them being "understaffed" and that is also the reason for delay in refunding. I understand, but am disappointed in their recent track record (you get excited to get your items, then are delayed another month or two before you can find the desired item again either on Callaway's site or on their Ebay store.

Another thing that I found (of course after these most recent hassles) was that the prices on their Ebay site for the same item is also cheaper in some instances. When I had my recent problem with my order, I thought to go on Ebay and came upon their Ebay store site. Amazingly, because of what the Ebay site calls "fast and free" shipping (which btw was free and only 4 days shipping from Texas to California) and the fact that (for California) there is no sales tax on Ebay as the items are being sold from Texas and there is no Callaway Ebay store presence in California, the total cost for a CPO "like new" item including shipping on their Ebay site (under buy it now) was actually a few dollars cheaper than on their Callaway site for the same "very good" item (and this was even with the additional 25% Masters Tournament discount factored in that Callaway was giving) on their Pre-owned website (the item was a Rogue fairway wood). Given my past very good experience with Callaway and Callaway Pre-owned, my most recent experiences have been very disappointing. I would encourage everyone to check out whether an item shows up on Callaway's Ebay Store and compare with the item on their Pre-owned site before purchasing from the Pre-owned site (this refers only to the Callaway Certified Pre-owned Ebay Store, and not buying on auction on Ebay as you are at your own risk when dealing with individual Ebay auctions). Anyway, just a suggestion.

I've used CPO for over 10 years, always had great experiences. Until now.

Ordered an iron set from their ebay store last week. Condition on two clubs was worse than what CPO will accept for a trade in so I'm wondering how they even showed up in CPO inventory. Those two appeared to have taken damage from cart path swings or rocks. I proposed exchanging the two clubs in question but it was a no go. The rest of the clubs were borderline for being normal use through the course of play. Clubs are on their way back to CPO.

This was the first time I've had to call customer service at pre owned for a problem. I wonder if I would of received different clubs if I had ordered from the Pre Owned website instead of their ebay store?

From now on I'm not ordering any used item unless a picture of that item is available.

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

> @bekgolf said:

> I've used CPO for over 10 years, always had great experiences. Until now.

>

> Ordered an iron set from their ebay store last week. Condition on two clubs was worse than what CPO will accept for a trade in so I'm wondering how they even showed up in CPO inventory. Those two appeared to have taken damage from cart path swings or rocks. I proposed exchanging the two clubs in question but it was a no go. The rest of the clubs were borderline for being normal use through the course of play. Clubs are on their way back to CPO.

>

> This was the first time I've had to call customer service at pre owned for a problem. I wonder if I would of received different clubs if I had ordered from the Pre Owned website instead of their ebay store?

>

> From now on I'm not ordering any used item unless a picture of that item is available.

FWIW the matching approach wedge I had ordered separately from CPO (not the cpo ebay store) showed up today. It's as advertised, no complaints.

Tour Edge Exotics:  Irons and Woods

Cleveland:  Wedges

Odyssey:  Putter

Like a few in this thread I’ve been ordering from CPO for years and just encountered my first issue. Unfortunately their CS did well nothing really although the guy I spoke with today tried his best.....

I ordered a LH Rogue 3 wood and requested it be cut down 1”. I also ordered a Rogue 3 hybrid with Xstiff evenflow black. Both like new.

I did receive the Rogue 3 wood and it was new. However it was only shortened 1/4”. Wanted 42” and product was 42.75”. Not a big deal I can cut down and the price I paid to have it cut from CPO was only like $3.

However the hybrid I received was an Apex 3h with an Xstiff Diamana shaft. Since at the time I opened the package it was 10pm Eastern I shot an email to CPO explaining the mixup.

The very next day I called customer service since I had time and explained the issue. They still have the hybrid in stock and would send it out next day (Monday). Also was going to refund me the $3 for shaft shortening.

It’s been a week and I’ve received nothing nor have I gotten any emails regarding shipping so I call cS again. Basically nothing was ever done even though the notes indicated I received the wrong item. The $3 fee for shortening the 3 wood was never refunded and there were no notes about that.

The hybrid I ordered but never received is gone and all they had was a very good hybrid in a synergy shaft which I didn’t want. He offered to knock $10 off which is prob the best he could do. But to go from like new to very good in a shaft I didn’t want for $10 savings wasn’t worth it to me.

It’s just a golf club and not end of the world. But I tried to get in front of this, thought I had resolution when in fact they screwed up the fix of their mess up.

• 1 year later...

Bump and run, hope for the best. I paid a little more for my Taylormade M1 fairway wood because it was "like new" with little or no signs of use but the picture was a stock photo (of a right hand club, no less). 

Based on the bulk of posts it might be ok, but it was from the eBay store. It shipped faster than the other 2 clubs I bought from other sellers, so there is that. 

Haywood 1 with Hzrdus Black RDX 70

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Mitsubishi Kuro Kage 80g iron shafts

Haywood 52/10 and 56/12 wedges

Haywood mid mallet putter

Golf Pride Concept Helix grips 

"You're not good enough to get mad at your bad shots!" - Bill Murray

The grip looks old, but the head looks brand new and they included a new generic head cover. I am putting a Concept Helix grip on it anyway, so I am extremely happy with this purchase. 

2015 Taylormade M1 5 wood for $63. That does actually look brand new.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

9 hours ago, tigercolt77 said:

Anyone have a free shipping coupon code for CPO??

It was free shipping from the eBay store, but not sure if the prices and selection are the same.

Haywood 3W PXG 0211 5W

Haywood 18* driving iron

Haywood MB irons 3-PW

Well, after about 10 transactions with Callaway pre owned, I've finally got clubs that were less than expected.

Went with very good condition.  So the face sole shaft grip all look brand new.

One hybrid has multiple maybe  8 to 10 paint chips on the crown, the other (which for reasons unknown to me, cost LESS) had a large deep scratch or series of scratches on the crown.

Emailed them with pics yesterday, about 1 hour after receipt, hope to hear about a positive resolution Monday.

Quick follow up to my prevous note.  I called the 800 number, on hold for a few minutes, then rep took care of the situation. They are sending me 2 replacement clubs and I have already printed the return label.  So, I am ready to go - I may compare the #3 hybrids when they arrive - and keep the better of the 2.  The replacement #2 is a higher grade (as there were none left in the same grade), so, I am assuming all will be fine in the end.  At least I do hope so.

One question, I don't have an actual RMA nor a TRADEIN number to put on the box. There is a ref# on the label though - given that this is neither a straight return, nor a trade in, I assume that no number is needed?  Please advise (anyone who may have been through this before).

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, jaw2k9 said:

Quick follow up to my prevous note.  I called the 800 number, on hold for a few minutes, then rep took care of the situation. They are sending me 2 replacement clubs and I have already printed the return label.  So, I am ready to go - I may compare the #3 hybrids when they arrive - and keep the better of the 2.  The replacement #2 is a higher grade (as there were none left in the same grade), so, I am assuming all will be fine in the end.  At least I do hope so.

One question, I don't have an actual RMA nor a TRADEIN number to put on the box. There is a ref# on the label though - given that this is neither a straight return, nor a trade in, I assume that no number is needed?  Please advise (anyone who may have been through this before).

Thanks!

No number is needed, they will reference the shipping label for the information they need.

• Thanks 1