Speed without yanking the handle?

ebrasmus21

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> DD - since you have some weather coming in I'll dedicate my rounds this weekend to all the homies out there still battling through winter.

Will there be a video? Commemorative plaque? Dedication in you autobiography?

Maybe break par and dedicate s few beers?

• Like 1

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

> @glk said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > DD - since you have some weather coming in I'll dedicate my rounds this weekend to all the homies out there still battling through winter.

>

> Will there be a video? Commemorative plaque? Dedication in you autobiography?

> Maybe break par and dedicate s few beers?

When my memoirs are ready for publishing you'll be able to read the story of dedication.

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @glk said:

> > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > DD - since you have some weather coming in I'll dedicate my rounds this weekend to all the homies out there still battling through winter.

> >

> > Will there be a video? Commemorative plaque? Dedication in you autobiography?

> > Maybe break par and dedicate s few beers?

>

> When my memoirs are ready for publishing you'll be able to read the story of dedication.

Has anyone altered news media? This is a human interest story for the general public...”Man goes weeks without beer for golf. Risks sanity for game. Local brewers concerned might set a trend.” Maybe with a photo of empty bar stools.

• Like 1

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @wmblake2000 said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @glk said:

> > > > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > > DD - since you have some weather coming in I'll dedicate my rounds this weekend to all the homies out there still battling through winter.

> > >

> > > Will there be a video? Commemorative plaque? Dedication in you autobiography?

> > > Maybe break par and dedicate s few beers?

> >

> > When my memoirs are ready for publishing you'll be able to read the story of dedication.

>

> Has anyone altered news media? This is a human interest story for the general public...”Man goes weeks without beer for golf. Risks sanity for game. Local brewers concerned might set a trend.” Maybe with a photo of empty bar stools.

>

>

This could be my one and only shot at fame. The guy that cursed himself into no beer. I’d be the laughing stock of the interwebs.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @gatorMD said:

> NEED MORE BEER!

It'd be so nice to have a beer on Masters Sunday....

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Can you have a sip if break par for 9?

Baby steps.

• Like 1

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

> @glk said:

> Can you have a sip if break par for 9?

> Baby steps.

Seems like a fair idea.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Hey man, it’s funny how one gets to know people online by what they write. Always enjoy your posts.

Wishing you absolutely all the best with your current issues. Golf is great therapy, but it will always be there waiting for your return. Take the time to deal with the important things.

All the best.

• Like 1

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

Rough times are rough.

Be well.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

1st, congrats on the round and you're renewed love and enjoyment of the game. 2nd, I'm sorry you're going through difficulties personally right now.

If you ever need to vent, chat or whatever let me know and I'd be glad to get in touch. I hope you're able to work things out and get your marriage in a better place.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

This was so painful to read, I’m really sorry brother. I pray your health is restored and some how some way you can stay together in your marriage... can’t even imagine the stress your going through.

It’s crazy how and the way golf brings people together.

Thank you for your beautifully written post encouraging others to enjoy this game we all love, even through your hardest time.

The thing about difficult times, for me who has had my share of misery over the years, is they drove me to change, to look more honestly at a million things and to slowly form a better idea of what really mattered to me and the ability to remain more true to those things. Now, as I look back on all those times, I am grateful for them...but perspective takes time. "It's hard to remember you came to drain the swamp when you're up to your azz in alligators."

The core thing I have always been able to rely on was, in spite of it all, this sense that renewal was always possible. I mean, look at Tiger Woods. Wow, that was a steep hill (and may still be.. who knows?) And you're in the midst of what sounds pretty damn tough. Just don't deny yourself your own sense of renewal, of hope and optimism. You saw it on the course. It's all over the place...

My best to you...

• Like 1

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

I am sorry to see you are going through some very trying times, and thank you for sharing and being selfless with the hope of helping others. I have enjoyed reading your posts and humor, but this last one really resonated as I find myself in a similar situation. I, too, am a grinder like you and enjoy the work and process along with the game itself, but not nearly at your talent level. My focus has been practicing, lessons, trying to improve my game and score (not too successfully, I might add). I am a fast player (probably too fast, if there is such a thing) but lately my focus has changed a bit. Golf has become my sanctuary, where I can relax and enjoy the whole experience and not focus entirely on my game and score. A time to slow down and enjoy the beauty and peace of the golf course and its surroundings while clearing my head and leaving everything else behind. While the big things in life are tough right now, take the time to enjoy the little things that present themselves and give yourself a break. For me, not only golf but that first cup of coffee in the quiet of the morning works wonders!

If you ever find yourself in NJ, I'd love to show you my golf sanctuary.

hurts to read this man. Been there in 2012 but seems like yesterday. Marriage is hard and anyone who tell you otherwise is lying. Ours was over and hurt was constant. As we got to the point of calling it quits we both had a realization that we did not like who we were. Old Rich was a ****** nozzle. Neither I nor my wife are who we were before 2012. Our marriage has never been better. Hang in there my friend, WMBlake hit it on the head. Thanks for sharing and if you ever want to talk, hit me up. Great score btw, I was out two days ago and could only get 5 holes in but was one under. Your under par round is coming soon.

Thanks to everyone who’s shared a word of encouragement. I have an amazing support system in place with my family and friends + even my WRX friends have my back. I have a lot to be thankful for.

Who knows, maybe happy ebrasmus will be back at some point soon with under-par rounds to report!

Let’s all do the best we can with the challenges of today.

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Life's too short to not be happy. I had a brief first marriage which ended amicably (we had no kids) and though we tried to make it work our individual happiness was best served by separating - four years later I remarried and going on year 33. I left a job once cause I was miserable around just before that first marriage and I too was very good at it. Hope you the best in seeing if your marriage can make you guys happy and ditto your job. I was very fortunate that in both my cases, the 2nd time was a charm probably due to lessons learned, i.e. plenty of introspection (the boss, Bruce that is, would have been proud). Good luck.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

I traded my wife for a Skytrak last year, and I've never been happier:

* It's cheaper

* It's ready to go whenever you are

* It provides detailed feedback but _never_ b!tches

• Like 1

Callaway Fusion 9º •• Matrix 75M4 X
TM 2016 M2 3HL 16.5º •• Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 65X
Callaway Apex 20º •• PX Evenflow Black 80HY X
Adams CMB 24º–46º •• DG TI S400
TM MG 50º •• PX LZ 5.5
TM MG 54º •• DG S200
Mizuno T20 60º/06º •• DG S400
Toulon Atlanta 35"

> @pearsonified said:

> I traded my wife for a Skytrak last year, and I've never been happier:

> * It's cheaper

> * It's ready to go whenever you are

> * It provides detailed feedback but _never_ b!tches

Lmao. I just about spit up my coffee.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Best of luck! Life is tough indeed. I'm on the other end of the spectrum, having to deal with the mental gymnastics of potentially losing my wife very early (she's 31) to cancer. Game took a turn for the worse for obvious reasons.

She's on the mend and is my game, but yeah, sometimes life comes at you fast! Even though my game took a hit, golf still gives me an outlet to turn off my mind if need be.

> @Krt22 said:

> Best of luck! Life is tough indeed. I'm on the other end of the spectrum, having to deal with the mental gymnastics of potentially losing my wife very early (she's 31) to cancer. Game took a turn for the worse for obvious reasons.

>

> She's on the mend and is my game, but yeah, sometimes life comes at you fast! Even though my game took a hit, golf still gives me an outlet to turn off my mind if need be.

Yow... puts that missed 4 footer in perspective. Best wishes to you both and glad to hear she's on the mend.

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @Krt22 said:

> Best of luck! Life is tough indeed. I'm on the other end of the spectrum, having to deal with the mental gymnastics of potentially losing my wife very early (she's 31) to cancer. Game took a turn for the worse for obvious reasons.

>

> She's on the mend and is my game, but yeah, sometimes life comes at you fast! Even though my game took a hit, golf still gives me an outlet to turn off my mind if need be.

Sorry to hear that Kr. Must be unimaginably difficult. Keep doing the best you can.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @FLgolfer16 said:

> **** sorry to hear. Marriage here is done too. Golf helps me get through it. Don't quit golf IMO.

Golf is one of the only things that keeps me sane - not quitting. Hang in there FLgofler, I feel your pain.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

• 2 weeks later...

Alright internet friends here’s the update...

Saturday is my qualifying round for the club championship. Qualification is only required if trying to play with the big boys in the gross division. There isn’t any risk for me doing this because if my score doesn’t qualify to play with the big boys I’ll still be able to play in the net division.

My club has former pros, all Americans, US Am qualifiers and Mid Am qualifiers — so I’m trying to be realistic in my expectations. I want to stretch myself, get out of my comfort zone and try something difficult.

Apparently it was windy AF in the first qualifying round because most scores were 76 or higher which means if I go out and shoot 76 or better in my round I’ll be in decent shape on the bracket.

Game is at an all time best - my index is curren’t 2.7 which is the lowest of my life. What I’m most excited about is that I’m playing golf now and not playing golf-swing. I still have one or two key swing thoughts or swing feels that I want to achieve in my swing but right now I’m not really focused on that I’m focused on seeing the shot I want to hit and then exectuting the shot.

With irons/wedges its easiest for me to see a low draw right now so I’m playing a lot of partial shots that fit the picture my mind is creating. It’s working too, I’m hitting the shots. I’ve noticed that lately my miss is to overcook the low draw and miss left on approach shots which is very different from my extremely consistent right miss from the last year or so.

With wedges I’ve struggled for a while now hitting shots fat. I’ve made some pretty big changes in an effort to hit the flighted wedge that I want to see. I set up 60 40 on my left side and the feeling I have is: no shoulder turn, quick wrist set, hit the ball. It’s helped a lot the last few weeks as I have never had so many good looks at birdie. The other day I had 105 to the flag and I hit this little low draw 54* to flag high. It was so beautiful I almost started to tear up; my heart can only take so much. Might not sound like much to some of you out there but being able to see my shot with a wedge and then go and actually hit the shot is something I haven’t been able to do in a long time - it’s fun.

Anyways, the dream to get to scratch is alive and well. I’m hitting more fairways and more greens than ever. Short game has been decent for a while now and the pieces are slowly starting to come together.

I haven’t sent @MonteScheinblum a video of my swing in a while. I haven’t even filmed my swing in weeks. When I’m at the range now, like I was today, I’m practicing differnent tee shots I need to hit working on flight and being able to produce the shot visualized in my mind. It’s a refreshing change from being so obsessed with mechanics.

After all this talk about my game I’m hoping I shoot a number good enough to qualify. Be a shame to waste the positive momentum I have going right now.

• Like 1

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black