Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

> @DaVinciGolf said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > > > @KDiz said:

> > > > Anyone got an open spot in their group this weekend?

> > >

> > > Sup KDiz..! I think the group we have is full??? Brian could answer. Either way its getting to that time / weather we shold do an early season get together??

> >

> > We're full up, unfortunately. I know @Gmcourtney had a twosome booked at a different course, but not sure if he found a second or not.

> >

> > Maybe we can work to get an early-season outing going in May? I'm available the weekends of the 11-12 and the following weekend as well.

>

> I’m still sitting on 4 vouchers to The Ridge and I think the almost Swede also has a couple (maybe a few). These things expire on 5/31. Do we want to put a group together?

Obviously first dibs goes to whomever the original group was, but you can count me as interested.

> @masamitsu said:

> > @thaar said:

> > Anyone have a sleeve of Vice Pro Plus's they'd be willing to sell? I want to try them, but don't want to pony up for 5-dozen to get a good deal on them if I don't like them.

>

> Let me check my stash at home. I think I do but want to be sure.

If you don't, I've got a couple dozen laying around. I should have restocked last week when they were offering up 5+1 free, but held off because I picked up some new wireless earbuds.

And FWIW, I ended up finding and really enjoying the Snell MTB Black last week as well. Nice ball. Price is a little higher than Vice, but they do free shipping so you can get close.

> @thaar said:

> Anyone have a sleeve of Vice Pro Plus's they'd be willing to sell? I want to try them, but don't want to pony up for 5-dozen to get a good deal on them if I don't like them.

I have some of the regular Pros, not the Plus version. But they're custom and I'm not sure if you (or anyone else) would appreciate the image I have on them. :D

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @masamitsu said:

> > > @thaar said:

> > > Anyone have a sleeve of Vice Pro Plus's they'd be willing to sell? I want to try them, but don't want to pony up for 5-dozen to get a good deal on them if I don't like them.

> >

> > Let me check my stash at home. I think I do but want to be sure.

>

> If you don't, I've got a couple dozen laying around. I should have restocked last week when they were offering up 5+1 free, but held off because I picked up some new wireless earbuds.

>

> And FWIW, I ended up finding and really enjoying the Snell MTB Black last week as well. Nice ball. Price is a little higher than Vice, but they do free shipping so you can get close.

Awesome, thanks! What are your thoughts between the Snell vs the Vice overall?

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

> @thaar said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @masamitsu said:

> > > > @thaar said:

> > > > Anyone have a sleeve of Vice Pro Plus's they'd be willing to sell? I want to try them, but don't want to pony up for 5-dozen to get a good deal on them if I don't like them.

> > >

> > > Let me check my stash at home. I think I do but want to be sure.

> >

> > If you don't, I've got a couple dozen laying around. I should have restocked last week when they were offering up 5+1 free, but held off because I picked up some new wireless earbuds.

> >

> > And FWIW, I ended up finding and really enjoying the Snell MTB Black last week as well. Nice ball. Price is a little higher than Vice, but they do free shipping so you can get close.

>

> Awesome, thanks! What are your thoughts between the Snell vs the Vice overall?

I liked both. I've been playing the Vice for about three years now, so it's something I'm really comfortable with. I thought the Snell felt really good though. Nice spin, medium/soft feel...just a great ball with clean looks as well. I'd be switching to it if Vice went under tomorrow. For me, Vice juuuuuuust wins on price ($130 vs. $140 shipped), but especially when you buy during their 5+1 sales.

From what I can tell, Snell does free 2 day shipping when you spend over $100 I think? Though I'll admit I've gotten my Vice balls in 2-3 days when I've ordered with standard shipping too.

> @DaVinciGolf said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > > > @KDiz said:

> > > > Anyone got an open spot in their group this weekend?

> > >

> > > Sup KDiz..! I think the group we have is full??? Brian could answer. Either way its getting to that time / weather we shold do an early season get together??

> >

> > We're full up, unfortunately. I know @Gmcourtney had a twosome booked at a different course, but not sure if he found a second or not.

> >

> > Maybe we can work to get an early-season outing going in May? I'm available the weekends of the 11-12 and the following weekend as well.

>

> I’m still sitting on 4 vouchers to The Ridge and I think the almost Swede also has a couple (maybe a few). These things expire on 5/31. Do we want to put a group together?

I’m still around, would be interested in playing, depending of course on the date.

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > @CDM said:

> > > > > @KDiz said:

> > > > > Anyone got an open spot in their group this weekend?

> > > >

> > > > Sup KDiz..! I think the group we have is full??? Brian could answer. Either way its getting to that time / weather we shold do an early season get together??

> > >

> > > We're full up, unfortunately. I know @Gmcourtney had a twosome booked at a different course, but not sure if he found a second or not.

> > >

> > > Maybe we can work to get an early-season outing going in May? I'm available the weekends of the 11-12 and the following weekend as well.

> >

> > I’m still sitting on 4 vouchers to The Ridge and I think the almost Swede also has a couple (maybe a few). These things expire on 5/31. Do we want to put a group together?

>

> I’m still around, would be interested in playing, depending of course on the date.

>

I think right now we’re discussing the 11th. Seems like a good date - if we get rained out – we still have a couple of weeks to use the vouchers.

> @DaVinciGolf said:

> > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > > @CDM said:

> > > > > > @KDiz said:

> > > > > > Anyone got an open spot in their group this weekend?

> > > > >

> > > > > Sup KDiz..! I think the group we have is full??? Brian could answer. Either way its getting to that time / weather we shold do an early season get together??

> > > >

> > > > We're full up, unfortunately. I know @Gmcourtney had a twosome booked at a different course, but not sure if he found a second or not.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe we can work to get an early-season outing going in May? I'm available the weekends of the 11-12 and the following weekend as well.

> > >

> > > I’m still sitting on 4 vouchers to The Ridge and I think the almost Swede also has a couple (maybe a few). These things expire on 5/31. Do we want to put a group together?

> >

> > I’m still around, would be interested in playing, depending of course on the date.

> >

>

> I think right now we’re discussing the 11th. Seems like a good date - if we get rained out – we still have a couple of weeks to use the vouchers.

I'm 85% there on the 11th.

> @DaVinciGolf said:

> > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > > > @CDM said:

> > > > > > @KDiz said:

> > > > > > Anyone got an open spot in their group this weekend?

> > > > >

> > > > > Sup KDiz..! I think the group we have is full??? Brian could answer. Either way its getting to that time / weather we shold do an early season get together??

> > > >

> > > > We're full up, unfortunately. I know @Gmcourtney had a twosome booked at a different course, but not sure if he found a second or not.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe we can work to get an early-season outing going in May? I'm available the weekends of the 11-12 and the following weekend as well.

> > >

> > > I’m still sitting on 4 vouchers to The Ridge and I think the almost Swede also has a couple (maybe a few). These things expire on 5/31. Do we want to put a group together?

> >

> > I’m still around, would be interested in playing, depending of course on the date.

> >

>

> I think right now we’re discussing the 11th. Seems like a good date - if we get rained out – we still have a couple of weeks to use the vouchers.

I’ll check on that date this weekend.

> @thaar said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @masamitsu said:

> > > > @thaar said:

> > > > Anyone have a sleeve of Vice Pro Plus's they'd be willing to sell? I want to try them, but don't want to pony up for 5-dozen to get a good deal on them if I don't like them.

> > >

> > > Let me check my stash at home. I think I do but want to be sure.

> >

> > If you don't, I've got a couple dozen laying around. I should have restocked last week when they were offering up 5+1 free, but held off because I picked up some new wireless earbuds.

> >

> > And FWIW, I ended up finding and really enjoying the Snell MTB Black last week as well. Nice ball. Price is a little higher than Vice, but they do free shipping so you can get close.

>

> Awesome, thanks! What are your thoughts between the Snell vs the Vice overall?

Tim - I checked my stash, I don't have any Pro+ left (guess I need to order some) but I do have a boat load of Kirklands.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

> @masamitsu said:

> > @thaar said:

> > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > @masamitsu said:

> > > > > @thaar said:

> > > > > Anyone have a sleeve of Vice Pro Plus's they'd be willing to sell? I want to try them, but don't want to pony up for 5-dozen to get a good deal on them if I don't like them.

> > > >

> > > > Let me check my stash at home. I think I do but want to be sure.

> > >

> > > If you don't, I've got a couple dozen laying around. I should have restocked last week when they were offering up 5+1 free, but held off because I picked up some new wireless earbuds.

> > >

> > > And FWIW, I ended up finding and really enjoying the Snell MTB Black last week as well. Nice ball. Price is a little higher than Vice, but they do free shipping so you can get close.

> >

> > Awesome, thanks! What are your thoughts between the Snell vs the Vice overall?

>

> Tim - I checked my stash, I don't have any Pro+ left (guess I need to order some) but I do have a boat load of Kirklands.

No worries! Thanks for checking!

Brian - I'll take you up on your offer if you don't mind. I think I have your number...area code 706? If so, I'll shoot you a text.

Edel E-1

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> > > > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > > > @CDM said:

> > > > > > > @KDiz said:

> > > > > > > Anyone got an open spot in their group this weekend?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Sup KDiz..! I think the group we have is full??? Brian could answer. Either way its getting to that time / weather we shold do an early season get together??

> > > > >

> > > > > We're full up, unfortunately. I know @Gmcourtney had a twosome booked at a different course, but not sure if he found a second or not.

> > > > >

> > > > > Maybe we can work to get an early-season outing going in May? I'm available the weekends of the 11-12 and the following weekend as well.

> > > >

> > > > I’m still sitting on 4 vouchers to The Ridge and I think the almost Swede also has a couple (maybe a few). These things expire on 5/31. Do we want to put a group together?

> > >

> > > I’m still around, would be interested in playing, depending of course on the date.

> > >

> >

> > I think right now we’re discussing the 11th. Seems like a good date - if we get rained out – we still have a couple of weeks to use the vouchers.

>

> I'm 85% there on the 11th.

I'm 1% there on the 11th. Currently have plans to be in Kansas City that weekend. But, at least, I have plans to play in a work scramble tournament on the 10th while I'm there. I'm pretty sure I'll be available any other weekend if things change.

I have a golf league event on the 11th. Really the only time that would work for me is Memorial Day weekend.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

> @thaar said:

> > @masamitsu said:

> > > @thaar said:

> > > > > @masamitsu said:

> > > > > > @thaar said:

> > > > > > Anyone have a sleeve of Vice Pro Plus's they'd be willing to sell? I want to try them, but don't want to pony up for 5-dozen to get a good deal on them if I don't like them.

> > > > >

> > > > > Let me check my stash at home. I think I do but want to be sure.

> > > >

> > > > If you don't, I've got a couple dozen laying around. I should have restocked last week when they were offering up 5+1 free, but held off because I picked up some new wireless earbuds.

> > > >

> > > > And FWIW, I ended up finding and really enjoying the Snell MTB Black last week as well. Nice ball. Price is a little higher than Vice, but they do free shipping so you can get close.

> > >

> > > Awesome, thanks! What are your thoughts between the Snell vs the Vice overall?

> >

> > Tim - I checked my stash, I don't have any Pro+ left (guess I need to order some) but I do have a boat load of Kirklands.

>

> No worries! Thanks for checking!

>

> Brian - I'll take you up on your offer if you don't mind. I think I have your number...area code 706? If so, I'll shoot you a text.

706 is correct! Shoot me a message whenever you want.

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @KDiz said:

> > > Anyone got an open spot in their group this weekend?

> >

> > Sup KDiz..! I think the group we have is full??? Brian could answer. Either way its getting to that time / weather we shold do an early season get together??

>

> We're full up, unfortunately. I know @Gmcourtney had a twosome booked at a different course, but not sure if he found a second or not.

>

> Maybe we can work to get an early-season outing going in May? I'm available the weekends of the 11-12 and the following weekend as well.

I ended up arranging a round with a buddy of mine and let that twosome I mentioned go. Hopefully you find a game this weekend!

It looks like a terrific day back in Colorado. Wish I was there and could play but I am on business in southern New Hampshire. Rainy here. Play well fellow Colorado WRXers!!!!

• Like 1

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

> @Queso said:

> I’m sure a lot of you guys saw the Sheep Ranch announcement earlier this week, so I feel like I can share these sneak peaks now ;)

>

> Hope everyone is doing good back there!

>

> cml3fj05mf8m.jpeg

> jrlten8sf75r.jpeg

>

A friend of mine got to play it in its original form a couple of years ago. Just him, two random guys, and a bunch of beers. I'm sad I'll never get to see it like that.

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @Queso said:

> > I’m sure a lot of you guys saw the Sheep Ranch announcement earlier this week, so I feel like I can share these sneak peaks now ;)

> >

> > Hope everyone is doing good back there!

> >

> > cml3fj05mf8m.jpeg

> > jrlten8sf75r.jpeg

> >

>

> A friend of mine got to play it in its original form a couple of years ago. Just him, two random guys, and a bunch of beers. I'm sad I'll never get to see it like that.

Same here dude! The stories I've heard make me feel like I got out here a year (or 10) too late!

> @Queso said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @Queso said:

> > > I’m sure a lot of you guys saw the Sheep Ranch announcement earlier this week, so I feel like I can share these sneak peaks now ;)

> > >

> > > Hope everyone is doing good back there!

> > >

> > > cml3fj05mf8m.jpeg

> > > jrlten8sf75r.jpeg

> > >

> >

> > A friend of mine got to play it in its original form a couple of years ago. Just him, two random guys, and a bunch of beers. I'm sad I'll never get to see it like that.

>

> Same here dude! The stories I've heard make me feel like I got out here a year (or 10) too late!

The funny thing about it is that he said he had a blast, but he was actually looking forward to it being developed as a traditional layout. For me though, as someone who grew up with a house just off of a local municipal and would sneak through the woods after they closed to play my own little three hole route using two greens, I loved the idea of a course with no real direction. It's just a big playground waiting to be explored, and may have been one of the last of something like that.

> @Queso said:

> I’m sure a lot of you guys saw the Sheep Ranch announcement earlier this week, so I feel like I can share these sneak peaks I snapped over the last couple weeks now ;)

>

> Hope everyone is doing good back there!

>

> cml3fj05mf8m.jpeg

> jrlten8sf75r.jpeg

>

My buddies are planning a trip there in 2020. Can't wait!

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

Got out Friday afternoon at Meadow Hills. It was my second time playing out there - I really like the course. I didn't play all that well, shooting bogey golf, but still had a good time especially with the gorgeous weather. It was my first time walking this year so my body, particularly my lower back, was getting tired and sore around hole 13 or so. My putting has been atrocious lately with 4 3-putts and several missed shorter putts, so I need to spend some time working on that....so boring lol.

In my opinion, Meadow Hills is one of the best value courses in the Denver metro area - $37 to walk, and if you consider the Aurora card deal, it's more like ~$31. Greens are in really good shape right now. I think in a few weeks, they'll be top notch. It seems like they really take pride in their greens overall and are fast. I will definitely be playing this course more often.

• Like 1

Edel E-1

Hey guys! Good to see everyone still busy on here. I got in two weeks ago and missed our constant golf talk!

Finally got a few rounds in the last month and it was super ugly early on. Had a couple rounds in the 90's......

Got a few big problems working in the right direction though (how do I hit a chip shot again?). I'm in Lafayette for at least the next year so decided to do the men's league at Indian Peaks.

I would love to get out with some of you guys again and look forward to playing some golf!!!! Unfortunately I'm basically relegated to weekends and holidays this year.

• Like 1

> @thaar said:

> Got out Friday afternoon at Meadow Hills. It was my second time playing out there - I really like the course. I didn't play all that well, shooting bogey golf, but still had a good time especially with the gorgeous weather. It was my first time walking this year so my body, particularly my lower back, was getting tired and sore around hole 13 or so. My putting has been atrocious lately with 4 3-putts and several missed shorter putts, so I need to spend some time working on that....so boring lol.

>

> In my opinion, Meadow Hills is one of the best value courses in the Denver metro area - $37 to walk, and if you consider the Aurora card deal, it's more like ~$31. Greens are in really good shape right now. I think in a few weeks, they'll be top notch. It seems like they really take pride in their greens overall and are fast. I will definitely be playing this course more often.

Work on that putting in front of the TV!!! My most productive (and least boring) putting time :).

I've never tried Meadow Hills. I didn't realize it was an Aurora course, I always figured it was in the Littleton area. $37 to walk is a fantastic price.

> @Joelness said:

> Hey guys! Good to see everyone still busy on here. I got in two weeks ago and missed our constant golf talk!

> Finally got a few rounds in the last month and it was super ugly early on. Had a couple rounds in the 90's......

> Got a few big problems working in the right direction though (how do I hit a chip shot again?). I'm in Lafayette for at least the next year so decided to do the men's league at Indian Peaks.

> I would love to get out with some of you guys again and look forward to playing some golf!!!! Unfortunately I'm basically relegated to weekends and holidays this year.

I'm in the Indian Peaks men's league too. It's run really well and a lot of fun

> @Joker91 said:

> > @Joelness said:

> > Hey guys! Good to see everyone still busy on here. I got in two weeks ago and missed our constant golf talk!

> > Finally got a few rounds in the last month and it was super ugly early on. Had a couple rounds in the 90's......

> > Got a few big problems working in the right direction though (how do I hit a chip shot again?). I'm in Lafayette for at least the next year so decided to do the men's league at Indian Peaks.

> > I would love to get out with some of you guys again and look forward to playing some golf!!!! Unfortunately I'm basically relegated to weekends and holidays this year.

>

> I'm in the Indian Peaks men's league too. It's run really well and a lot of fun

Awesome! It's really glad to hear as bad administation and/or sandbagging can ruin a men's league. Sounds like we need to get out mr Joker!

Those greens are primo right now. Do you know when/if they punch this spring?