Your favorite blade irons

moorebaseball

From the past, MP33, 5, 14, 29. Present, Apex MB, JPX 919 Tours(if you qualify those as a 'blade').

Ping Hoofer Lite

Mizuno ST Max 9.5*

Mizuno ST Max 3/7W

Mizuno ST Max 5/6H

Mizuno 243 7-GW

Mizuno T24 54/S, 58/D

Mizuno OMOI #2

Mizuno RB Tour

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

Of all time.

1967 Hogan PC5. These ones have the 2.5" hosel instead of the 3" hosel. I have a set of 2-9 iron in pretty good shape at home. I'm trying to get the Equalizer and then ship them off to the Iron Factory to be restore,.

1983 Hogan Apex PC. Kind of a cross between old school blades and more modern designed blade (of blade designs in the 90's).

TaylorMade ICW5 - I used to hit these so pure, except for the 9 and PW as a junior golfer. I'm guessing the 9 and PW needed to have some specs adjusted. 2-iron was the greatest 'driving iron' I've ever owned. It was L-O-N-G and straight.

My friend's custom made MacGregor's. Didn't get any better than this. Purest looking head and just the right amount of head size and shape to go along with the blade design. A masterpiece. Wish I had photos of them.

Out of the more modern designs, I really like the new Wilson blades, the TaylorMade P730's and the Mizuno MP-18. Basically, you're not going to go wrong that often with Mizuno blades.

RH

I'd say any of the models Nike brought out when they were in the game - the OGs, VR TW or VR Pros. Current favourites are the VR Pros, usual great Nike looks and crisp feel, but the grooves are savage and put unreal amounts of spin on the ball. No harder to hit than a player's CB either.

Only challenge is finding a decent set. It took me 18 months of scouring ebay and Golfbidder to find mine.

The Dee Three - Titleist TS4 9.5 deg, EvenFlow White 6.5 65g, A1 Setting

Henrik - Titleist 917 F3 15 deg, Rogue Max 75x, B2 Setting

The Walking Stick - Titleist 818 H2 19 deg, Rogue Max 85x, B2 Setting

The Interloper - TaylorMade P770 3 iron, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5inch +1 deg loft

The Blades - Nike VR Pro 4 - AW, S400 Tour Issue, +0.5 inch

The Sand Iron - TaylorMade MG2 TW-12 Grind, 56 degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Flopper - TaylorMade MG2 TW-11 Grind, 60 Degree, S400 Tour Issue

The Putter - Nike Method 003 from The Oven

"Golf is only called golf as all the other four letter words have been taken"     - Leslie Nielsen

> @RichieHunt said:

> Of all time.

>

> 1967 Hogan PC5. These ones have the 2.5" hosel instead of the 3" hosel. I have a set of 2-9 iron in pretty good shape at home. I'm trying to get the Equalizer and then ship them off to the Iron Factory to be restore,.

>

> 1983 Hogan Apex PC. Kind of a cross between old school blades and more modern designed blade (of blade designs in the 90's).

>

> TaylorMade ICW5 - I used to hit these so pure, except for the 9 and PW as a junior golfer. I'm guessing the 9 and PW needed to have some specs adjusted. 2-iron was the greatest 'driving iron' I've ever owned. It was L-O-N-G and straight.

>

> My friend's custom made MacGregor's. Didn't get any better than this. Purest looking head and just the right amount of head size and shape to go along with the blade design. A masterpiece. Wish I had photos of them.

>

> Out of the more modern designs, I really like the new Wilson blades, the TaylorMade P730's and the Mizuno MP-18. Basically, you're not going to go wrong that often with Mizuno blades.

>

>

>

> RH

Weren't the TM ICW5 cast? I saw a set in really good shape at a local play it again sports for next to nothing. Good looking irons.

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

> @LaymanM said:

> > @RichieHunt said:

> > Of all time.

> >

> > 1967 Hogan PC5. These ones have the 2.5" hosel instead of the 3" hosel. I have a set of 2-9 iron in pretty good shape at home. I'm trying to get the Equalizer and then ship them off to the Iron Factory to be restore,.

> >

> > 1983 Hogan Apex PC. Kind of a cross between old school blades and more modern designed blade (of blade designs in the 90's).

> >

> > TaylorMade ICW5 - I used to hit these so pure, except for the 9 and PW as a junior golfer. I'm guessing the 9 and PW needed to have some specs adjusted. 2-iron was the greatest 'driving iron' I've ever owned. It was L-O-N-G and straight.

> >

> > My friend's custom made MacGregor's. Didn't get any better than this. Purest looking head and just the right amount of head size and shape to go along with the blade design. A masterpiece. Wish I had photos of them.

> >

> > Out of the more modern designs, I really like the new Wilson blades, the TaylorMade P730's and the Mizuno MP-18. Basically, you're not going to go wrong that often with Mizuno blades.

> >

> >

> >

> > RH

>

> Weren't the TM ICW5 cast? I saw a set in really good shape at a local play it again sports for next to nothing. Good looking irons.

I believe they were. IIRC, ICW stood for 'inner cavity weighting.' Whatever that meant.

RH

Macgregor VIP

Macgregor Nicklaus Muirfields--- Which are basically the same thing

Macgregor FC-4000

Hogan Precision

MP-33

MP-68

• Like 3

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

Haven’t beat this set. Yet. 681 era titleist tour proto set. ( blank where model should be ). Hard to explain. They just hit themselves. 0sno34nj1x2i.jpeg

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @pinestreetgolf said:

> Good grief, if you copied and pasted some of these posts into a wine forum they wouldn't be out of place.

>

> "Ah, yes, the Yonex Ezone MBs. Buttery notes, earthy offset, inviting aromas. Smooth aftertaste and silky bouquet sets it apart, especially paired with such subtle offset." *adjusts blazer that has elbow pads*

And that's a good thing.

oawbdy9790zi.jpg

• Like 2

> @gbartko said:

> > @pinestreetgolf said:

> > Good grief, if you copied and pasted some of these posts into a wine forum they wouldn't be out of place.

> >

> > "Ah, yes, the Yonex Ezone MBs. Buttery notes, earthy offset, inviting aromas. Smooth aftertaste and silky bouquet sets it apart, especially paired with such subtle offset." *adjusts blazer that has elbow pads*

>

> stay in your lane with the unwashed masses

> @bladehunter said:

> Haven’t beat this set. Yet. 681 era titleist tour proto set. ( blank where model should be ). Hard to explain. They just hit themselves. 0sno34nj1x2i.jpeg

>

Hey, to all their own. Gorgeous Mizzys there. I reserve my right to roll my eyes whenever I hear the phrase "buttery" about something that isn't a dinner roll.

Hunter you know the only reason those blades get the ball off the ground is their proximity to an Adams XTD Super LS. The hotness is bleeding into all the other clubs.

Super LS for lyfe.

• Like 1

G400 Max 9* Ventus Red 5X, SIM Ventus Red 6X 

Callaway Mavrik 4 (18*) - AW (46*) Project X 5.5

Vokey SM4 50* SM5 56*

Cameron Phantom 5S

l88kksn9ao4z.jpeg

rhud2ez0zpg4.jpeg

3ib1vyabkr41.jpeg

I am someone who likes shorter heel to toe and more squared toe....these are that, and I am working on making the set the next couple of weeks as parts come in. Pine street will be happy to know that these will not likely feel buttery soft at all despite the new copper clothing. They should be the right amount of awesome if I didn’t botch the shaft pairing. Still doubt they will kick gamers out tho....but they could, they are same thing just a little bit bigger.

BH, Those tour blank number models are really really really awesome....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't get the 33's, I had a set based on the rave reviews and they were too high launch for me. lovely feel though but arent all Mizuno blades?

I would put the modern blades up there, love the 4's and 69's but my favourite set purely because these were what I learnt to play with many years ago are Wilson Staff Fluid Feel.

At the end of the day there are literally a hundred super awesome and very playable blade sets you could be happy with. It isn’t one size fits all for all people and if you ho enough sets (4 or 5 and beyond) you end up being a lot better at buying clubs you may like from photos and knowing very quickly if you are reselling them once you get them. Just be open minded to give it a few sets of need be.

I am trying to be open minded about my current cb set, I just am struggling so hard to find something as good to me as the dci 962s. I have tried and sold like 10 since......

> @NRJyzr said:

> > @IcemanYVR said:

> > MP-33, anything else is just a tribute.

>

> I don't disagree, but there's a bit of irony in your statement. Most Mizuno blades are tributes to prior MacGregor designs, up thru the 33's. The cut muscle may have been the first departure from that trend.

>

> Getting on thread topic, I've always been a Ram Tour Grind guy. Also like the Muirfield 20ths, several Wilson Staff models, the 99 Hogan Apex, and the Tommy Armour 986 Tours. Intrigued by the 99 Australian Blades, also, probably the softest clubs I've ever hit; hitting a Revolution ball with them was like hitting a feather with a pillow.

>

> Giving an Honorable Mention to the Mizuno MS-11 / MP-11. Even after the release of the 33s, many considered the 11s to be Mizuno's finest blade. Only reason they don't rate higher for me is a personal launch condition issue.

I'm not sure if the MP 11 and TP 11 are the same, but I just put together a set of refinished TP 11's with Brunswick FM 6.5 stepped shafts and they are fantastic to hit! Less than 1/2 club difference from my X-Forged 2018s with much better feel. I only have up to a 4 iron, but it is really easy to hit high. They are super-sensitive to ball position though...a ball or two back gives me a BIG draw. Off the left heel is high and straight. Those slightly chubby shots are not rewarded though :)

• Like 1

I really do like my Srixon Z945s, but to a purest, with the toe weights, maybe they are not "true" blades, also had a set of Mirua MB001s, just a great blade.

Of the current lineup, just by looks, I love the look of the new Callaways, second might go to the TMs.

One set I wish I hadn't gotten rid of, my 1976 Wilson Stafff blades, got them new when I was in high school. :'(

![](https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/uJoAAOSwqBJXVgrE/s-l1600.jpg "")

• Like 2

WITB
Srixon ZX5 LS 9.0, HZRDUS Black 60 6.0
Ping G425 LST 3 wood, Tensei Orange

Ping G410  7 wood set at 19, Tensei Orange

Srixon ZX 4 MKii 4 iron, ZX 5 MKii 5,6 irons  ZX7 MKii  7-PW KBS TGI 90

RTX Zipcore  Tour Rack 50, 54, 60

L.A.B. Golf Mezz.1 Max 16 CB, 39 inches

Srixon-Z Star XV

> @aswile said:

> > @NRJyzr said:

> > > @IcemanYVR said:

> > > MP-33, anything else is just a tribute.

> >

> > I don't disagree, but there's a bit of irony in your statement. Most Mizuno blades are tributes to prior MacGregor designs, up thru the 33's. The cut muscle may have been the first departure from that trend.

> >

> > Getting on thread topic, I've always been a Ram Tour Grind guy. Also like the Muirfield 20ths, several Wilson Staff models, the 99 Hogan Apex, and the Tommy Armour 986 Tours. Intrigued by the 99 Australian Blades, also, probably the softest clubs I've ever hit; hitting a Revolution ball with them was like hitting a feather with a pillow.

> >

> > Giving an Honorable Mention to the Mizuno MS-11 / MP-11. Even after the release of the 33s, many considered the 11s to be Mizuno's finest blade. Only reason they don't rate higher for me is a personal launch condition issue.

>

> I'm not sure if the MP 11 and TP 11 are the same, but I just put together a set of refinished TP 11's with Brunswick FM 6.5 stepped shafts and they are fantastic to hit! Less than 1/2 club difference from my X-Forged 2018s with much better feel. I only have up to a 4 iron, but it is really easy to hit high. They are super-sensitive to ball position though...a ball or two back gives me a BIG draw. Off the left heel is high and straight. Those slightly chubby shots are not rewarded though :)

>

The TP-11's appear to be more like the MP-9's, such as I've seen.

One nice aspect of the MP-11's is bounce, they have more than other blades of that era. Actually, also more than the MP-33's, the 14's, and so on. They're a little better on those slightly heavy shots than many. They hit the ball a bit higher than the Golden Rams I was playing when I picked up the 11s, in spite of some stronger lofts.

• Like 1

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> > > @IcemanYVR said:

> I'm not sure if the MP 11 and TP 11 are the same, but I just put together a set of refinished TP 11's with Brunswick FM 6.5 stepped shafts and they are fantastic to hit! Less than 1/2 club difference from my X-Forged 2018s with much better feel. I only have up to a 4 iron, but it is really easy to hit high. They are super-sensitive to ball position though...a ball or two back gives me a BIG draw. Off the left heel is high and straight. Those slightly chubby shots are not rewarded though :)

>

You have great taste.......................in shafts. Yeah the TP is good choice, but them Brunswick's, ah they add a sweet and salt that lingers on the pallet long into follow through. :)

• Like 1

> @RichieHunt said:

> > @LaymanM said:

> > > @RichieHunt said:

> > > Of all time.

> > >

> > > 1967 Hogan PC5. These ones have the 2.5" hosel instead of the 3" hosel. I have a set of 2-9 iron in pretty good shape at home. I'm trying to get the Equalizer and then ship them off to the Iron Factory to be restore,.

> > >

> > > 1983 Hogan Apex PC. Kind of a cross between old school blades and more modern designed blade (of blade designs in the 90's).

> > >

> > > TaylorMade ICW5 - I used to hit these so pure, except for the 9 and PW as a junior golfer. I'm guessing the 9 and PW needed to have some specs adjusted. 2-iron was the greatest 'driving iron' I've ever owned. It was L-O-N-G and straight.

> > >

> > > My friend's custom made MacGregor's. Didn't get any better than this. Purest looking head and just the right amount of head size and shape to go along with the blade design. A masterpiece. Wish I had photos of them.

> > >

> > > Out of the more modern designs, I really like the new Wilson blades, the TaylorMade P730's and the Mizuno MP-18. Basically, you're not going to go wrong that often with Mizuno blades.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > RH

> >

> > Weren't the TM ICW5 cast? I saw a set in really good shape at a local play it again sports for next to nothing. Good looking irons.

>

> I believe they were. IIRC, ICW stood for 'inner cavity weighting.' Whatever that meant.

>

>

>

>

> RH

I played 2-PW of the TM ICW5's in High School along with a 845 1 iron. Still have them and will never part with them.

TSR3 9* | Ventus Blue TR 6X

TSR2+ 13* | Ventus Red 7X 

T200 2-Iron | Ventus Blue HY 10X

T150's 3-PW | DG TI X100

SM10 Raw 

50.12F | DG TI X100

54.12D | DG TI S400

60.08M | DG TI S400

TM MySpider X Blk on Blk 34"

Titleist Pro V1

My favorites: 2006 Hogan Apex. OG Nike Blades. Taylormade RAC TP MB. Mizuno MP-32.

I've only hit older blades as you can see. I tried the PXG experiment and that failed so I'm sticking to what I know. To me old blades = new blades. Nothing has changed significantly enough to warrant new ones for me, except the grooves wearing thin on my Hogans.

Also from the past and some from the near present.

1966 Golfcraft Continental

1964 MacGregor Tommy Armour 985 Silver Scot

1969 Wilson Staff Dynapower

1982 Spalding Top Flite Shark Custom Made

1983 Hogan PC

1994 Titleist Tour Blade

2004 MacGregor PMB

2003 Titleist 680

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 11*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R