So, Is "Tiger Effect" Still a Thing? (Merged)

IamMarkMac

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Rory was saying this in the context of it being a distraction to other players, and if all those players that have beaten Tiger under great pressure did it with a “1 to 1.5 shot penalty” then their performances are even more spectacular and devoid of fear.

>

Y.E. Yang in particular. Extremely impressive. Laser focus with top notch execution. You also gotta say "losers" like Bob May, DiMarco, and Rocco put up a heck of a fight with Tiger while dealing with those zoo crowds.

Most of the guys that have beaten Tiger in major battles have done it when he was chasing them and **not** in the same group. Koepka, Rich Beem, Michael Campbell, Cabrera, Immelman, Zach Johnson, etc. I think they all deserve a ton of credit for standing up and beating him, but it's not quite as impressive as what Yang pulled off. Molinari at Carnoustie could maybe be thrown in the mix with Yang, although I don't think the British crowds create anywhere near the zoo atmosphere that Yang would have dealt with at the PGA.

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> “No golfer gives a poo about the Ryder Cup..”

>

> With all due respect, what absolute rubbish. The players own words prove that categorically wrong, on every conceivable level.

>

> This is nothing but your own projection and feelings about the event.

>

> > @dropkicked said:

> > No golfer gives a poo about the Ryder Cup.. Biggest event, most pressure my backside.. The only reason anybody would care is because Tiger, was competing.

> > This isn't even a conversation worth thinking about.. no golfer is going to value a RC, win vs winning the fricken Masters.

> > That Green Jacket, actually means something whereas the Ryder Cup, is just filler until the upcoming season.

>

What's rubbish is that you don't even listen to the words you type. RC is just a sideshow.. No golfer is going to really care about RC or AC.. They care about making money and stalking tour wins with hopes that they can obtain a major championship.

You speak about others "Projecting" their own emotions but each and every single post of yours starts of as the antagonist, then you proceed to try and convince others that only your words or emotions are valid, while invalidating others.

NO NEED TO REPLY. SINCERELY.

• Like 1

Titleist....

For some/many perhaps that’s so, but in those moments in those years winning the Ryder Cup meant more to them than winning even a major. The point you’re not understanding is when players share those thoughts and feeling about how important the RC is to them, that means there is even greater pressure on them than even at the majors. So for Tiger it may mean less than majors, so he is then playing with less pressure but for those players like Rahm, Molinari, JT etc they are playing with far greater pressure because of what it means to them… which ultimately means those players results are even more impressive when they’ve beaten Tiger under this pressure.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > Of course not, Tiger is at a different stage in his career and rightly cares most about majors as he’s chasing Jack’s 18. The other players I mentioned are at different stages in their careers, have different goals and values things differently. The point that I was making is that you are projecting your own thoughts about the RC being just an “exhibition match” when the players think and feel differently. That’s the reality you seem unwilling to confront.

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > • “Tiger beat Rory in a head to head in match play”…

> > > > • Brandt beat Tiger in a head to head in match play…

> > > > • Lucas beat Tiger in a head to head in match play…

> > > >

> > > > Tiger lost 2 matches, Rory lost 1 match, Lucas lost 1 match, so what’s your point?

> > > >

> > > > “Since the time Rahm beat a tired TW in an exibition match”… So Tiger went in feeling inspired after his TC win, but after his 0-4 losses was now suddenly “tired”. You could also use that excuse for many players also, no?

> > > >

> > > > And now the biggest event in world golf is just an “exhibition match”. Funny that, when players such as Justin Thomas, Molinari, Fleetwood have openly stated winning the Ryder Cup would mean more to them than a winning a major… yeah, just some “exhibition match”. Nice projection though, shame the players don’t feel that way about it.

> > > >

> > > > Talking about the “greatest pressure stage of all”, that would again be the Ryder Cup. And that’s been openly stated again by Molinari, Rahm, Rory and many others when comparing it to the pressure they feel at majors.

> > > >

> > > > And based on the fact all the many players I mentioned above have put away Tiger in convincing fashion, and some at the highest levels and under the highest pressure, these results show they don’t “fear” Tiger but I do think they greatly respect Tiger without question - but that’s a huge difference. I think now they’ll look at Tiger like the other major winners thinking Tiger’s yet another great player out there who I have to beat to win a major.

> > > >

> > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > I say no based on the fact those double bogeys happened specifically on hole 12 at Augusta where it’s renowned for punishing players that don’t hit perfect shots or wind impacts their ball by surprise (think Jordan Spieth putting it in the water when Tiger wasn’t a factor), it’s the hole / occasion, not Tiger.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I say no again based on the fact many more players haven’t been affected by Tiger. i.e. Lucas Bjerregaard at WGC, Jon Rahm at RC 2018, Molinari twice at RC 2012 & The Open, Brooks at PGA. Brooks & Molinari as we know have already proven they’re not bothered by Tiger’s reputation by beating him convincing under this same huge pressure before… and also the numerous other younger players throughout last year that got the better of Tiger when paired with him last year.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Certain people like to over think and over romanticise these type of things…

> > > > >

> > > > > How fast things change, right cool?

> > > > >

> > > > > There was a time when you and many smart media said TW couldn't win. Can't handle the pressure, the fields are too deep.

> > > > >

> > > > > Since the time Rahm beat a tired TW in an exibition match and Rory won the Players.

> > > > >

> > > > > Tiger beat Rory head to head in match play.

> > > > > He beat Molinar and TF on the greatest pressure stage of all. Tiger kept it together while the choked.

> > > > > Tiger beat Rahm to win a Green Jacket, his 15th, major, right in front of the Rahm majorless eyes.

> > > > >

> > > > > He beat an entire field of the biggest, baddest, best trained, dieted, deepest, field of players, far more talented than any of those hacks TW beat back in his "era".

> > > > >

> > > > > You once said that this new crop has no fear of Tiger and

> > > > >

> > > > > **Enjoy taking his scalp**

> > > > >

> > > > > Now, Rory sees old man Tiger do something that Rory hasn't been able to do in 8 years. Fact.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You actually think that FM, Rory, or Rahm wouldn't trade their RC wins for

> > >

> > > 3az8gm3kg062.png

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Or put it this way,

> > >

> > > Would Tiger trade his green jacket to have beaten Rahm or FM in an exhibition match? The notion is laughable, right?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

> Players say all kinds of stuff.

>

> But if you gave any golfer a choice at the beginning of their career to win

>

> 4 Majors and no RCs or

> 4 RCs and no Majors

>

> None of them would take the RCs

most who say the RC is more important or as important as a major are those unlikely to win a major..or haven't won one yet

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

I've provided you with the thoughts, words and feelings of THE PLAYERS on the RC. You've just provided me with YOUR thoughts and feelings. Can you now see why I'm correctly saying you're "projecting"?

> @dropkicked said:

> > “No golfer gives a poo about the Ryder Cup..”

> >

> > With all due respect, what absolute rubbish. The players own words prove that categorically wrong, on every conceivable level.

> >

> > This is nothing but your own projection and feelings about the event.

> >

> > > @dropkicked said:

> > > No golfer gives a poo about the Ryder Cup.. Biggest event, most pressure my backside.. The only reason anybody would care is because Tiger, was competing.

> > > This isn't even a conversation worth thinking about.. no golfer is going to value a RC, win vs winning the fricken Masters.

> > > That Green Jacket, actually means something whereas the Ryder Cup, is just filler until the upcoming season.

> >

>

> What's rubbish is that you don't even listen to the words you type. RC is just a sideshow.. No golfer is going to really care about RC or AC.. They care about making money and stalking tour wins with hopes that they can obtain a major championship.

> You speak about others "Projecting" their own emotions but each and every single post of yours starts of as the antagonist, then you proceed to try and convince others that only your words or emotions are valid, while invalidating others.

>

> NO NEED TO REPLY. SINCERELY.

Perhaps so, but that’s still how they felt which means bigger pressure for them. And Molinari didn’t do too bad winning The Open and then going 5-0 in the RC.

> @Man_O_War said:

> most who say the RC is more important or as important as a major are those unlikely to win a major..or haven't won one yet

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> For some/many perhaps that’s so, but in those moments in those years winning the Ryder Cup meant more to them than winning even a major. The point you’re not understanding is when players share those thoughts and feeling about how important the RC is to them, that means there is even greater pressure on them than even at the majors. So for Tiger it may mean less than majors, so he is then playing with less pressure but for those players like Rahm, Molinari, JT etc they are playing with far greater pressure because of what it means to them… which ultimately means those players results are even more impressive when they’ve beaten Tiger under this pressure.

I hope you apply the same logic to Tiger & Rory at the TOUR Championship. I'm pretty sure you said Rory didn't care. Along the lines of your logic above, Tiger was putting a ton of pressure on himself to get it done and Rory had zero pressure. So pretty impressive win by Tiger, right?

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> For some/many perhaps that’s so, but in those moments in those years winning the Ryder Cup meant more to them than winning even a major. The point you’re not understanding is when players share those thoughts and feeling about how important the RC is to them, that means there is even greater pressure on them than even at the majors. So for Tiger it may mean less than majors, so he is then playing with less pressure but for those players like Rahm, Molinari, JT etc they are playing with far greater pressure because of what it means to them… which ultimately means those players results are even more impressive when they’ve beaten Tiger under this pressure.

>

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > Of course not, Tiger is at a different stage in his career and rightly cares most about majors as he’s chasing Jack’s 18. The other players I mentioned are at different stages in their careers, have different goals and values things differently. The point that I was making is that you are projecting your own thoughts about the RC being just an “exhibition match” when the players think and feel differently. That’s the reality you seem unwilling to confront.

> > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > • “Tiger beat Rory in a head to head in match play”…

> > > > > • Brandt beat Tiger in a head to head in match play…

> > > > > • Lucas beat Tiger in a head to head in match play…

> > > > >

> > > > > Tiger lost 2 matches, Rory lost 1 match, Lucas lost 1 match, so what’s your point?

> > > > >

> > > > > “Since the time Rahm beat a tired TW in an exibition match”… So Tiger went in feeling inspired after his TC win, but after his 0-4 losses was now suddenly “tired”. You could also use that excuse for many players also, no?

> > > > >

> > > > > And now the biggest event in world golf is just an “exhibition match”. Funny that, when players such as Justin Thomas, Molinari, Fleetwood have openly stated winning the Ryder Cup would mean more to them than a winning a major… yeah, just some “exhibition match”. Nice projection though, shame the players don’t feel that way about it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Talking about the “greatest pressure stage of all”, that would again be the Ryder Cup. And that’s been openly stated again by Molinari, Rahm, Rory and many others when comparing it to the pressure they feel at majors.

> > > > >

> > > > > And based on the fact all the many players I mentioned above have put away Tiger in convincing fashion, and some at the highest levels and under the highest pressure, these results show they don’t “fear” Tiger but I do think they greatly respect Tiger without question - but that’s a huge difference. I think now they’ll look at Tiger like the other major winners thinking Tiger’s yet another great player out there who I have to beat to win a major.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > > I say no based on the fact those double bogeys happened specifically on hole 12 at Augusta where it’s renowned for punishing players that don’t hit perfect shots or wind impacts their ball by surprise (think Jordan Spieth putting it in the water when Tiger wasn’t a factor), it’s the hole / occasion, not Tiger.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I say no again based on the fact many more players haven’t been affected by Tiger. i.e. Lucas Bjerregaard at WGC, Jon Rahm at RC 2018, Molinari twice at RC 2012 & The Open, Brooks at PGA. Brooks & Molinari as we know have already proven they’re not bothered by Tiger’s reputation by beating him convincing under this same huge pressure before… and also the numerous other younger players throughout last year that got the better of Tiger when paired with him last year.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Certain people like to over think and over romanticise these type of things…

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How fast things change, right cool?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There was a time when you and many smart media said TW couldn't win. Can't handle the pressure, the fields are too deep.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Since the time Rahm beat a tired TW in an exibition match and Rory won the Players.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Tiger beat Rory head to head in match play.

> > > > > > He beat Molinar and TF on the greatest pressure stage of all. Tiger kept it together while the choked.

> > > > > > Tiger beat Rahm to win a Green Jacket, his 15th, major, right in front of the Rahm majorless eyes.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > He beat an entire field of the biggest, baddest, best trained, dieted, deepest, field of players, far more talented than any of those hacks TW beat back in his "era".

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You once said that this new crop has no fear of Tiger and

> > > > > >

> > > > > > **Enjoy taking his scalp**

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now, Rory sees old man Tiger do something that Rory hasn't been able to do in 8 years. Fact.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You actually think that FM, Rory, or Rahm wouldn't trade their RC wins for

> > > >

> > > > 3az8gm3kg062.png

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Or put it this way,

> > > >

> > > > Would Tiger trade his green jacket to have beaten Rahm or FM in an exhibition match? The notion is laughable, right?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > Players say all kinds of stuff.

> >

> > But if you gave any golfer a choice at the beginning of their career to win

> >

> > 4 Majors and no RCs or

> > 4 RCs and no Majors

> >

> > None of them would take the RCs

>

So FM can play lights out in "high pressure" RC

But chokes in the Masters where there is "less pressure"?

And now that the see they were beating TW at far less than his best in the RC, how much do those wins really mean?

You don't think Rahm wouldn't trade his win over TW in the RC to win the Masters?

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > Rory was saying this in the context of it being a distraction to other players, and if all those players that have beaten Tiger under great pressure did it with a “1 to 1.5 shot penalty” then their performances are even more spectacular and devoid of fear.

> >

>

> Y.E. Yang in particular. Extremely impressive. Laser focus with top notch execution. You also gotta say "losers" like Bob May, DiMarco, and Rocco put up a heck of a fight with Tiger while dealing with those zoo crowds.

>

> Most of the guys that have beaten Tiger in major battles have done it when he was chasing them and **not** in the same group. Koepka, Rich Beem, Michael Campbell, Cabrera, Immelman, Zach Johnson, etc. I think they all deserve a ton of credit for standing up and beating him, but it's not quite as impressive as what Yang pulled off. Molinari at Carnoustie could maybe be thrown in the mix with Yang, although I don't think the British crowds create anywhere near the zoo atmosphere that Yang would have dealt with at the PGA.

Impressive win by Y.E. Yang, the Buster Douglas of golf. He caught lightning in a bottle and made the best of it. He's currently 201 in OWGR.

> @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > Rory was saying this in the context of it being a distraction to other players, and if all those players that have beaten Tiger under great pressure did it with a “1 to 1.5 shot penalty” then their performances are even more spectacular and devoid of fear.

> > >

> >

> > Y.E. Yang in particular. Extremely impressive. Laser focus with top notch execution. You also gotta say "losers" like Bob May, DiMarco, and Rocco put up a heck of a fight with Tiger while dealing with those zoo crowds.

> >

> > Most of the guys that have beaten Tiger in major battles have done it when he was chasing them and **not** in the same group. Koepka, Rich Beem, Michael Campbell, Cabrera, Immelman, Zach Johnson, etc. I think they all deserve a ton of credit for standing up and beating him, but it's not quite as impressive as what Yang pulled off. Molinari at Carnoustie could maybe be thrown in the mix with Yang, although I don't think the British crowds create anywhere near the zoo atmosphere that Yang would have dealt with at the PGA.

> Impressive win by Y.E. Yang, the Buster Douglas of golf. He caught lightning in a bottle and made the best of it. He's currently 201 in OWGR.

>

Buster is a great analogy. That was supposed to be a lock for TW and he got cooked.

Lot of hybrids sold the next day ; )

64apy2sg02oo.png

Went to the range last night.

The only Tiger effect I saw was a lot of idiots with baseball swings and no sense of golf decorum or etiquette taking wild hacks at golf balls.

The next few months will be good for the business of golf, but a bit of torture for serious golfers trying to enjoy their round. Just like every year after a good Masters, only 10 times worse. But it will pass by next year......

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

> @RainShadow said:

> Went to the range last night.

> The only Tiger effect I saw was a lot of idiots with baseball swings and no sense of golf decorum or etiquette taking wild hacks at golf balls.

> The next few months will be good for the business of golf, but a bit of torture for serious golfers trying to enjoy their round. Just like every year after a good Masters, only 10 times worse. But it will pass by next year......

>

I rather liked this past week on the course and range. Couple of people I know who learned the game via Top Golf actually asked me to finally take them out and I'm sure I saw more than a few beginners out there (but even more returnees). Was a good vibe.

Bag 1                                                                 Bag 2
Ping G400 LST 10                                             Epon Technicity 9
Ping G400 3W 14.5                                          TM R9 3W 14
Ping G400 3H 19                                              Miura 3H 19
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 5-P               Epon 503 4-P Nippon Super Peening Orange
Mizuno s18 50, 54, 58                                     Miura 51, 56 k-grind
Bettinardi BB1                                                  Scotty Cameron Newport 2

> @Man_O_War said:

> most who say the RC is more important or as important as a major are those unlikely to win a major..or haven't won one yet

It is most likely that all of them said that the week of the event. Not the week of a major.

No one's record is measured by RC wins over major wins. And there is a reason for that

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @RobotDoctor said:

> > @MtlJeff said:

> > Tiger has been in contention a lot the past couple of years and hasn't won as much as he used to, certainly. He was always going to win again, playing as well as he was, but I don't think you can say that everyone was intimidated just because he won today. He won because he was the best IMO. That happens sometimes too, the best guy just wins.

> >

> > In 1998-2006 guys like Ernie Els flat out admitted they altered their game with Tiger because they knew they couldn't beat him unless they did crazy things. When he was in contention they'd hit dumb shots, be overly aggressive etc...

> >

> > I dont think guys like shauffele, Koepka, Johnson and others think like this now. I think they see tiger as a peer but not an immortal. Tiger will still beat them, but Koepka didn't seem to crumble at the PGA championship either.

> >

> > I'm really looking forward to this season to see for sure though

>

> Here is something to consider. Almost all the young stars of golf can drive the ball with greater accuracy and a bit father than Woods can. They know that, they know Tiger knows that. These great young players also know that Tiger has a tendency to be a little wild off the drive (whether that is with driver, 3 wood or the occasional iron). Yet, Tiger often manages to get out of trouble and still score as if he is Houdini. Case in point was the 14th hole on Friday and Saturday. He birdies both days when he should have probably taken bogey each day after his drives there. Keep doing that enough and a golfer will definitely get in the heads of their playing partners, let alone the field. This is what Tiger has excelled in, the recovery from certain "death" (so to speak). Tiger Woods simply wears down his opponents and is as tenacious as a Pit Bull with a bone when he gets into contention. Sometimes Tiger perseveres, sometimes he doesn't. After all, he is not a robot. He is simply a competitor who's focus is to win. I believe his play yesterday affected several players in the field and instead of focusing solely on their game and strategy they focused on Tiger, or at least the thought of Tiger had crept into their minds. That plays right into "Houdini's" hand.

>

> Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer often have said their focus at some events, including major championships, were on trying to beat the other and that they had lost focus on the rest of the field that it probably cost them a handful of major championships. The point here is a golfer must focus at their own task at hand and not worry about another player. When Tiger Woods gets into contention players start to think about him and his charge and what they have to do to keep in front that they lose focus on their plan. If this were a chess game then Tiger has just checked the other player.

> @Shilgy said:

> > @Man_O_War said:

> > most who say the RC is more important or as important as a major are those unlikely to win a major..or haven't won one yet

>

> It is most likely that all of them said that the week of the event. Not the week of a major.

>

> No one's record is measured by RC wins over major wins. And there is a reason for that

Unless of course you're a European, and a better "teammate" than an indivdual competitor. But seriously, I think the deference tour pros have for the RC is more of a political correctness than anything, sort of keeping up with appearances so the ones that stake everything into it don't feel slighted. I personally think more of the RC in terms of it's entertainment value and much less of the outcomes that get printed in the historical ledger.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

Ha! Yeah, I like this scenario better than mine! Phil and Tiger face off at Pebble Beach in the final group? :) Unlikely, but it would be awesome if were to somehow happen.

> @nosedive32 said:

> > @DivinDave said:

> > I hope to god Tiger and BK square off in the final group at the US Open on Sunday. My money would be on Tiger all day long.

> >

>

> Maybe at the PGA.

>

> Phil's coming for the US Open. Pebble Beach magic one more time at the right time baby.

> @DivinDave said:

> Ha! Yeah, I like this scenario better than mine! Phil and Tiger face off at Pebble Beach in the final group? :) Unlikely, but it would be awesome if were to somehow happen.

>

> > @nosedive32 said:

> > > @DivinDave said:

> > > I hope to god Tiger and BK square off in the final group at the US Open on Sunday. My money would be on Tiger all day long.

> > >

> >

> > Maybe at the PGA.

> >

> > Phil's coming for the US Open. Pebble Beach magic one more time at the right time baby.

>

>

Imagine if the 2 old guys ended up in the final group and were 4-5 shots clear of the next closest guy! That would be something regardless of the winner.

> @IamMarkMac said:

> > @RainShadow said:

> > Went to the range last night.

> > The only Tiger effect I saw was a lot of idiots with baseball swings and no sense of golf decorum or etiquette taking wild hacks at golf balls.

> > The next few months will be good for the business of golf, but a bit of torture for serious golfers trying to enjoy their round. Just like every year after a good Masters, only 10 times worse. But it will pass by next year......

> >

>

> I rather liked this past week on the course and range. Couple of people I know who learned the game via Top Golf actually asked me to finally take them out and I'm sure I saw more than a few beginners out there (but even more returnees). Was a good vibe.

Just make sure you try to teach some basic etiquette and respect for the course. I have no problem with beginners and people interested in learning the game, it just seems that in the grab for new golfers, some important parts of the teaching process are being left out.....

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

The point is Molinari, Rahm, Brooks have all beaten Tiger under the same pressure and 2 of those players felt even more pressure in the RC and didn’t have any problems dispatching Tiger. The dropped shots on hole 12 is due to that hole being historically a punishing hole that players get caught out by wind and/or a less than perfect shot.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > For some/many perhaps that’s so, but in those moments in those years winning the Ryder Cup meant more to them than winning even a major. The point you’re not understanding is when players share those thoughts and feeling about how important the RC is to them, that means there is even greater pressure on them than even at the majors. So for Tiger it may mean less than majors, so he is then playing with less pressure but for those players like Rahm, Molinari, JT etc they are playing with far greater pressure because of what it means to them… which ultimately means those players results are even more impressive when they’ve beaten Tiger under this pressure.

> >

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > Of course not, Tiger is at a different stage in his career and rightly cares most about majors as he’s chasing Jack’s 18. The other players I mentioned are at different stages in their careers, have different goals and values things differently. The point that I was making is that you are projecting your own thoughts about the RC being just an “exhibition match” when the players think and feel differently. That’s the reality you seem unwilling to confront.

> > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > • “Tiger beat Rory in a head to head in match play”…

> > > > > > • Brandt beat Tiger in a head to head in match play…

> > > > > > • Lucas beat Tiger in a head to head in match play…

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Tiger lost 2 matches, Rory lost 1 match, Lucas lost 1 match, so what’s your point?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > “Since the time Rahm beat a tired TW in an exibition match”… So Tiger went in feeling inspired after his TC win, but after his 0-4 losses was now suddenly “tired”. You could also use that excuse for many players also, no?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And now the biggest event in world golf is just an “exhibition match”. Funny that, when players such as Justin Thomas, Molinari, Fleetwood have openly stated winning the Ryder Cup would mean more to them than a winning a major… yeah, just some “exhibition match”. Nice projection though, shame the players don’t feel that way about it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Talking about the “greatest pressure stage of all”, that would again be the Ryder Cup. And that’s been openly stated again by Molinari, Rahm, Rory and many others when comparing it to the pressure they feel at majors.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And based on the fact all the many players I mentioned above have put away Tiger in convincing fashion, and some at the highest levels and under the highest pressure, these results show they don’t “fear” Tiger but I do think they greatly respect Tiger without question - but that’s a huge difference. I think now they’ll look at Tiger like the other major winners thinking Tiger’s yet another great player out there who I have to beat to win a major.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > > > I say no based on the fact those double bogeys happened specifically on hole 12 at Augusta where it’s renowned for punishing players that don’t hit perfect shots or wind impacts their ball by surprise (think Jordan Spieth putting it in the water when Tiger wasn’t a factor), it’s the hole / occasion, not Tiger.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I say no again based on the fact many more players haven’t been affected by Tiger. i.e. Lucas Bjerregaard at WGC, Jon Rahm at RC 2018, Molinari twice at RC 2012 & The Open, Brooks at PGA. Brooks & Molinari as we know have already proven they’re not bothered by Tiger’s reputation by beating him convincing under this same huge pressure before… and also the numerous other younger players throughout last year that got the better of Tiger when paired with him last year.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Certain people like to over think and over romanticise these type of things…

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > How fast things change, right cool?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There was a time when you and many smart media said TW couldn't win. Can't handle the pressure, the fields are too deep.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Since the time Rahm beat a tired TW in an exibition match and Rory won the Players.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Tiger beat Rory head to head in match play.

> > > > > > > He beat Molinar and TF on the greatest pressure stage of all. Tiger kept it together while the choked.

> > > > > > > Tiger beat Rahm to win a Green Jacket, his 15th, major, right in front of the Rahm majorless eyes.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > He beat an entire field of the biggest, baddest, best trained, dieted, deepest, field of players, far more talented than any of those hacks TW beat back in his "era".

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You once said that this new crop has no fear of Tiger and

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > **Enjoy taking his scalp**

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Now, Rory sees old man Tiger do something that Rory hasn't been able to do in 8 years. Fact.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You actually think that FM, Rory, or Rahm wouldn't trade their RC wins for

> > > > >

> > > > > 3az8gm3kg062.png

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Or put it this way,

> > > > >

> > > > > Would Tiger trade his green jacket to have beaten Rahm or FM in an exhibition match? The notion is laughable, right?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Players say all kinds of stuff.

> > >

> > > But if you gave any golfer a choice at the beginning of their career to win

> > >

> > > 4 Majors and no RCs or

> > > 4 RCs and no Majors

> > >

> > > None of them would take the RCs

> >

>

> So FM can play lights out in "high pressure" RC

> But chokes in the Masters where there is "less pressure"?

>

> And now that the see they were beating TW at far less than his best in the RC, how much do those wins really mean?

>

> You don't think Rahm wouldn't trade his win over TW in the RC to win the Masters?

>

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> The point is Molinari, Rahm, Brooks have all beaten Tiger under the same pressure and 2 of those players felt even more pressure in the RC and didn’t have any problems dispatching Tiger. The dropped shots on hole 12 is due to that hole being historically a punishing hole that players get caught out by wind and/or a less than perfect shot.

>

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > For some/many perhaps that’s so, but in those moments in those years winning the Ryder Cup meant more to them than winning even a major. The point you’re not understanding is when players share those thoughts and feeling about how important the RC is to them, that means there is even greater pressure on them than even at the majors. So for Tiger it may mean less than majors, so he is then playing with less pressure but for those players like Rahm, Molinari, JT etc they are playing with far greater pressure because of what it means to them… which ultimately means those players results are even more impressive when they’ve beaten Tiger under this pressure.

> > >

> > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > Of course not, Tiger is at a different stage in his career and rightly cares most about majors as he’s chasing Jack’s 18. The other players I mentioned are at different stages in their careers, have different goals and values things differently. The point that I was making is that you are projecting your own thoughts about the RC being just an “exhibition match” when the players think and feel differently. That’s the reality you seem unwilling to confront.

> > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > > • “Tiger beat Rory in a head to head in match play”…

> > > > > > > • Brandt beat Tiger in a head to head in match play…

> > > > > > > • Lucas beat Tiger in a head to head in match play…

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Tiger lost 2 matches, Rory lost 1 match, Lucas lost 1 match, so what’s your point?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > “Since the time Rahm beat a tired TW in an exibition match”… So Tiger went in feeling inspired after his TC win, but after his 0-4 losses was now suddenly “tired”. You could also use that excuse for many players also, no?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And now the biggest event in world golf is just an “exhibition match”. Funny that, when players such as Justin Thomas, Molinari, Fleetwood have openly stated winning the Ryder Cup would mean more to them than a winning a major… yeah, just some “exhibition match”. Nice projection though, shame the players don’t feel that way about it.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Talking about the “greatest pressure stage of all”, that would again be the Ryder Cup. And that’s been openly stated again by Molinari, Rahm, Rory and many others when comparing it to the pressure they feel at majors.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And based on the fact all the many players I mentioned above have put away Tiger in convincing fashion, and some at the highest levels and under the highest pressure, these results show they don’t “fear” Tiger but I do think they greatly respect Tiger without question - but that’s a huge difference. I think now they’ll look at Tiger like the other major winners thinking Tiger’s yet another great player out there who I have to beat to win a major.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > > > > > > > I say no based on the fact those double bogeys happened specifically on hole 12 at Augusta where it’s renowned for punishing players that don’t hit perfect shots or wind impacts their ball by surprise (think Jordan Spieth putting it in the water when Tiger wasn’t a factor), it’s the hole / occasion, not Tiger.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I say no again based on the fact many more players haven’t been affected by Tiger. i.e. Lucas Bjerregaard at WGC, Jon Rahm at RC 2018, Molinari twice at RC 2012 & The Open, Brooks at PGA. Brooks & Molinari as we know have already proven they’re not bothered by Tiger’s reputation by beating him convincing under this same huge pressure before… and also the numerous other younger players throughout last year that got the better of Tiger when paired with him last year.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Certain people like to over think and over romanticise these type of things…

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > How fast things change, right cool?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > There was a time when you and many smart media said TW couldn't win. Can't handle the pressure, the fields are too deep.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Since the time Rahm beat a tired TW in an exibition match and Rory won the Players.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Tiger beat Rory head to head in match play.

> > > > > > > > He beat Molinar and TF on the greatest pressure stage of all. Tiger kept it together while the choked.

> > > > > > > > Tiger beat Rahm to win a Green Jacket, his 15th, major, right in front of the Rahm majorless eyes.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > He beat an entire field of the biggest, baddest, best trained, dieted, deepest, field of players, far more talented than any of those hacks TW beat back in his "era".

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You once said that this new crop has no fear of Tiger and

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > **Enjoy taking his scalp**

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Now, Rory sees old man Tiger do something that Rory hasn't been able to do in 8 years. Fact.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You actually think that FM, Rory, or Rahm wouldn't trade their RC wins for

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 3az8gm3kg062.png

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Or put it this way,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Would Tiger trade his green jacket to have beaten Rahm or FM in an exhibition match? The notion is laughable, right?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Players say all kinds of stuff.

> > > >

> > > > But if you gave any golfer a choice at the beginning of their career to win

> > > >

> > > > 4 Majors and no RCs or

> > > > 4 RCs and no Majors

> > > >

> > > > None of them would take the RCs

> > >

> >

> > So FM can play lights out in "high pressure" RC

> > But chokes in the Masters where there is "less pressure"?

> >

> > And now that the see they were beating TW at far less than his best in the RC, how much do those wins really mean?

> >

> > You don't think Rahm wouldn't trade his win over TW in the RC to win the Masters?

> >

>

The wind again? Lol.

Man, 43 year old, back fused, no acl, Tiger just beat the entire field of uber golfers at The Masters and

You talkin bout the wind?

The wind?

The wind?

• Like 1

Tiger effect? Yes absolutely. Tiger kept his cool and stuck with his game plan. The others were affected by the noise, euphoria, and the ghosts of Augusta past. Say what you will make excuses for why the others collapsed but at the end of the day who is on top of the golfing world? The Ryder Cup? It’s remembered for 1 weekend. A Masters victory is forever.

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Titleist TSI2 18 Tensei White Stiff

Titleist 818 21 KBS PROTO Stiff
Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Senita 38 Putter

Go ask them over in the tiger woods iron thread if it’s in effect. They are forking over $2k a pop to buy his new irons. They don’t know when they will get them. If a 3 iron is available , if it’s a limited release, or whether or not custom specs ( headweights for overlength etc ) are available. In short. They are stacking up $2k payments from guys who don’t know exactly what will arrive in the box. Lol. That’s tiger effect.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> Go ask them over in the tiger woods iron thread if it’s in effect. They are forking over $2k a pop to buy his new irons. They don’t know when they will get them. If a 3 iron is available , if it’s a limited release, or whether or not custom specs ( headweights for overlength etc ) are available. In short. They are stacking up $2k payments from guys who don’t know exactly what will arrive in the box. Lol. That’s tiger effect.

Blade! Hows it all going?

They even come in a special box!

https://www.taylormadegolf.com/p7tw-tiger-woods-iron.html?utm_source=google&utm_account=taylormadegolf&utm_campaign=Seer_Irons_Brand_P-Series_Exact&utm_adgroup=Irons_P7TW_Exact&utm_keyword=taylormade%20p7tw&utm_content=341811515708&utm_type=e&utm_device=m&utm_location=US&kpid=go_1468127001_70455753522_341811515708_kwd-678795183532_m&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=taylormade%20p7tw&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlLjru6Pf4QIV0kwNCh3R6QCFEAAYASAAEgLmd_D_BwE

This says the lofts are stronger and the steel not the same. And something about tungsten.

TaylorMade to sell Tiger Woods replica P-7TW irons at retail

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/04/08/tiger-woods-irons-taylor-made-clubs-equipment-retail-public.amp.html

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Go ask them over in the tiger woods iron thread if it’s in effect. They are forking over $2k a pop to buy his new irons. They don’t know when they will get them. If a 3 iron is available , if it’s a limited release, or whether or not custom specs ( headweights for overlength etc ) are available. In short. They are stacking up $2k payments from guys who don’t know exactly what will arrive in the box. Lol. That’s tiger effect.

>

> Blade! Hows it all going?

>

> They even come in a special box!

>

> https://www.taylormadegolf.com/p7tw-tiger-woods-iron.html?utm_source=google&utm_account=taylormadegolf&utm_campaign=Seer_Irons_Brand_P-Series_Exact&utm_adgroup=Irons_P7TW_Exact&utm_keyword=taylormade%20p7tw&utm_content=341811515708&utm_type=e&utm_device=m&utm_location=US&kpid=go_1468127001_70455753522_341811515708_kwd-678795183532_m&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=taylormade%20p7tw&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlLjru6Pf4QIV0kwNCh3R6QCFEAAYASAAEgLmd_D_BwE

>

>

>

> This says the lofts are stronger and the steel not the same. And something about tungsten.

>

> TaylorMade to sell Tiger Woods replica P-7TW irons at retail

>

> https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2019/04/08/tiger-woods-irons-taylor-made-clubs-equipment-retail-public.amp.html

>

Hey man ! Let’s just say “ makin your way in the world today , takes everything you’ve got “! Lol.

I’m still hittin greens and makin no putts. Same old same old.

On the tiger irons. Who knows. I guess we will see around the first week of next month. Supposedly the irons will ship on 5-1. Either to a raging success. Or a lot of returns. lol. I honestly couldn’t guess based on the little info there is.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> Go ask them over in the tiger woods iron thread if it’s in effect. They are forking over $2k a pop to buy his new irons. They don’t know when they will get them. If a 3 iron is available , if it’s a limited release, or whether or not custom specs ( headweights for overlength etc ) are available. In short. They are stacking up $2k payments from guys who don’t know exactly what will arrive in the box. Lol. That’s tiger effect.

$2,000 for irons? Better be really good clubs. Smh lol

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Go ask them over in the tiger woods iron thread if it’s in effect. They are forking over $2k a pop to buy his new irons. They don’t know when they will get them. If a 3 iron is available , if it’s a limited release, or whether or not custom specs ( headweights for overlength etc ) are available. In short. They are stacking up $2k payments from guys who don’t know exactly what will arrive in the box. Lol. That’s tiger effect.

>

> $2,000 for irons? Better be really good clubs. Smh lol

Fancy box. You wouldn’t understand !

( sarcasm. Thick sarcasm. Lol).

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > Go ask them over in the tiger woods iron thread if it’s in effect. They are forking over $2k a pop to buy his new irons. They don’t know when they will get them. If a 3 iron is available , if it’s a limited release, or whether or not custom specs ( headweights for overlength etc ) are available. In short. They are stacking up $2k payments from guys who don’t know exactly what will arrive in the box. Lol. That’s tiger effect.

> >

> > $2,000 for irons? Better be really good clubs. Smh lol

>

> Fancy box. You wouldn’t understand !

>

> ( sarcasm. Thick sarcasm. Lol).

I hear Brooks set, the BK-ED209 tour issue sticks goin for $3000!

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

>

> $2,000 for irons? Better be really good clubs. Smh lol

That's more than I've spent on golf equipment in playing this game for forty years.

haven't read the whole debate but comparing the RC to the Majors is an apples and oranges situation::

...team vs individual event--there are many others to blame...or praise!!

...no prize money vs $2M first prize

...minimum endorsement value for RC vs a major

the ONLY plus I see I winning the RC or even a match against a world no.1 are bragging rights---for a while.

there is absolutely no comparison in the pressure involved...a major on the line vs a RC victory----Major by a mile!!

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60