2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Tiger Woods 2019 Taylormade Irons...P7TW?

hokiealumn

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @mBiden2 said:

> > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > You guys seeing these in fitting carts already?

> >

> > I’m hoping to hit up my local PGA SS this weekend to see if they have it yet.

>

> Checked all of my local retailers and so far, nada..

Looks like I need to make some phone calls tomorrow and see who has it here in Atlanta.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45" and tipped 1")

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees)

Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43" and tipped 1")

UDI: *** Under Construction ***

Irons: TaylorMade P-7MC 4-PW (1 degree upright)

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Tour 120 X

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (Raw) 52.10, 56.12 & 60.12

Shaft: Nippon Pro Modus3 Wedge 125

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid-Slant (at 34")

PGASS tour van locations all had their glued demos on Tuesday.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Diamana_Stinger said:

> > > @Pinging77 said:

> > > Don’t buy them for an investment. Only ONE set has ever gained value I know of.. The Titleist T irons that really were duplicates of what Tiger played in a wooden case/box with authentication letters as well as the tournaments won on a plaque. There were less than 25 sets of those and they all went to Titleist VIPs.. There were a few not authentic sets given to other executives. Less than a handful of those had a letter signed by Tiger before he left for Nike.. A few were sold in Asia for low to mid 5 figures..

> > >

> > > Of course in an attempt to make some money off Tigers name before he left Titleist did offer a limited edition of what Tiger played to the public. Pure unadulterated junk, lousy cracking chrome, lofts were off, wrong shafts, even lies were off, head weights were so off in many of the irons they didn’t use the Tiger hickory dowel in the shaft they had to use 13 grams and up lead or brass tip weights to get near D3 (personal experience taking a set apart to figure out why they felt so awful)

> > >

> > >

> > > Experience from buying virtually every limited edition over the years whether it Seve, Jack, Arnold, Lema, Hogan, Snead, lots of reissues of MacGregor classics..

> > >

> > > Now a duplicate of Tiger’s putter is an entirely different matter????

> >

> > They actually made 50 sets of these....and there was one on yahoo japan auctions recently, with a starting price of approx. $27,500 USD.

>

> I think those are the miura forged T set with numbers beside the T. I think he’s talking about actual 681 T irons in the cherry box etc.

the miura t forged from '97 are a 1/500 set, the cherry wood box was a limited release of 50

• Like 1

JBeam J3 Tour 10.5* - Syncagraphite Loop Prototype IP X
Miura Giken TC-101 Miura Craftsman World #3

Artisan MB #4-PW
(Nippon Modus 125 X Flex in 3-PW)
Artisan 50*, 55*, 60*

(Nippon Modus 125 X in 50*)
(Nippon Modus Wedge 125 in 55* & 60*)
Artisan 0117 Stainless; Smooth Face w/Site Dot (Grip; Elite Geron Type #N2 Black)
Tour G 50 Rubber Round Grips On Driver;Irons;Wedges

in this thread here;

you can see the 1/500 titleist japan miura forged t stamps; and you can see fairway golf's 1/50 cherry wood box actual tiger exact replica's.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1033297/titleist-tiger-woods-t-stamp-irons-forged-by-miura/p1

• Like 1

Artisan MB #4-PW
Artisan 50*, 55*, 60*

Artisan 0117 Stainless; Smooth Face w/Site Dot (Grip; Elite Geron Type #N2 Black)

Yep. There was a used but nice set of those 2-pw floating around here last year . I could have bought them for $1400. And didn’t. I’ve wished that I did several times since then. No box , used. But nice.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n339273051

that is a set of the 1/50 replicas in the wooden box, as you can see by the authenticity letter from acushnet, that particular one is 16 of 50

• Like 1

Artisan MB #4-PW
Artisan 50*, 55*, 60*

> @Diamana_Stinger said:

> https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n339273051

>

> that is a set of the 1/50 replicas in the wooden box, as you can see by the authenticity letter from acushnet, that particular one is 16 of 50

Wow. $3mil drachma .....

I’d love to just have the box. Lol.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Diamana_Stinger said:

> in this thread here;

>

> you can see the 1/500 titleist japan miura forged t stamps; and you can see fairway golf's 1/50 cherry wood box actual tiger exact replica's.

> https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1033297/titleist-tiger-woods-t-stamp-irons-forged-by-miura/p1

Those are 841s not 681s. Tiger played them in a few Asian events which allowed Titleist of Japan to market them as Tiger Replicas. Never any proof Muira did them. Never won any tournament with them. Had a set I got from TourSpecGolf. Definitely not the Titleist VIP sets which were after his 2000-2001 run as he left for Nike.

> @Pinging77 said:

> > in this thread here;

> >

> > you can see the 1/500 titleist japan miura forged t stamps; and you can see fairway golf's 1/50 cherry wood box actual tiger exact replica's.

> > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1033297/titleist-tiger-woods-t-stamp-irons-forged-by-miura/p1

>

> Those are 841s not 681s. Tiger played them in a few Asian events which allowed Titleist of Japan to market them as Tiger Replicas. Never any proof Muira did them. Never won any tournament with them. Had a set I got from TourSpecGolf. Definitely not the Titleist VIP sets which were after his 2000-2001 run as he left for Nike.

Tour spec says they are miura. I don’t suppose it’s “ proof”. But if anybody would know it’s them.

http://forum.tourspecgolf.com/topic/19362-miura-forged-titleist-tiger-woods-grind-irons-t-127500/

This set ^^ isn’t 841. See pics. The second pic of the #3 practice set was a 841 set of blanks. The 127/500 set is miura and not 841 shape at all. Much rounder longer blade etc. this is my understanding. Not trying to spout as fact. But having owned several of these special sets. I can see differences and am very familiar with the 681 and 841 etc. s S.C.e82u36ebj6vz.png

61zlr80rizlc.png

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Pinging77 said:

> > in this thread here;

> >

> > you can see the 1/500 titleist japan miura forged t stamps; and you can see fairway golf's 1/50 cherry wood box actual tiger exact replica's.

> > https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1033297/titleist-tiger-woods-t-stamp-irons-forged-by-miura/p1

>

> Those are 841s not 681s. Tiger played them in a few Asian events which allowed Titleist of Japan to market them as Tiger Replicas. Never any proof Muira did them. Never won any tournament with them. Had a set I got from TourSpecGolf. Definitely not the Titleist VIP sets which were after his 2000-2001 run as he left for Nike.

I will say this again, the japan release from 97 or 98, with the red T and the X/500 number are made by miura, it actually states this on the box, I am digging to find a picture, but golf vox, mentions this several times on all the sets they have sold as well; https://www.golfvox.com/product/view/351

Artisan MB #4-PW
Artisan 50*, 55*, 60*

can someone please educate me on the release of the p7TW? If a store is getting an allotment of sets will they all have the x-100 shaft or are they special order only? I've called a few places and they tell me they will only get 1 set, but they can't say for sure which shaft is on them. Also, one worker said they are only releasing 2,000 sets in total.

I'm really confused now.

Too little clarification of information available from Taylormade regarding custom orders for me to consider a purchase of a set to put into play at this time. That being stated, irons look very good in person and definitely would consider a trial if can get hands on set that could be tweaked to my specs.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

> @Mitchell said:

> Too little clarification of information available from Taylormade regarding custom orders for me to consider a purchase of a set to put into play at this time. That being stated, irons look very good in person and definitely would consider a trial if can get hands on set that could be tweaked to my specs.

What information are you missing regarding custom orders? All of the options are on the TM website when you configure a set. The only outstanding question is dates for the next batch of heads. All we know is "summer" at this point.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

> @kekoa said:

> can someone please educate me on the release of the p7TW? If a store is getting an allotment of sets will they all have the x-100 shaft or are they special order only? I've called a few places and they tell me they will only get 1 set, but they can't say for sure which shaft is on them. Also, one worker said they are only releasing 2,000 sets in total.

>

> I'm really confused now.

Tour Issue S400 is the stock shaft. Unless a store ordered something custom for their allotment, you'll see TI S400 if you find a set on the shelf. If you speak to someone who doesn't know what shaft is coming for their store's allotment, then that person isn't involved with any purchasing decisions and wouldn't know, or their rep is just ordered them a stock config. Either way, TaylorMade isn't sending mystery configurations to stores.

I wouldn't listen to a store employee about TaylorMade's plans for the total amount they're going to sell. Up until the last few weeks, I don't think TaylorMade themselves they knew if this was going to be a one-time limited release, or if it was going to be something offered more widely. My guess is that as long as there's a market for them, they'll keep selling them. Tiger's win certainly didn't hurt sell the next batch of heads. Will they make more after that? I'm sure that will depend upon how many of the next batch they sell. From what I've gathered, these are not cheap or fast to make.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

> @jll62 said:

> > @Mitchell said:

> > Too little clarification of information available from Taylormade regarding custom orders for me to consider a purchase of a set to put into play at this time. That being stated, irons look very good in person and definitely would consider a trial if can get hands on set that could be tweaked to my specs.

>

> What information are you missing regarding custom orders? All of the options are on the TM website when you configure a set. The only outstanding question is dates for the next batch of heads. All we know is "summer" at this point.

Don't know when 3 iron will be available, don't know a reasonable projected delivery date, don't know if my swingweight requirements can be met with overlength and upright build and grips required, can't get definitive answer on if diferent headweights are available for overlength, etc.. Have personally owned quite a few custom sets and never had the type of vague responses received from various sources at Taylormade and at accounts for a retail release from any manufacturer. I get that players are enthused about this set and not trying to throw cold water on that, just for me- vague answers like "summer" and lack of basic custom build information just don't cut it. Really hoping that improves in near future.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

> @jll62 said:

> > @Mitchell said:

> > Too little clarification of information available from Taylormade regarding custom orders for me to consider a purchase of a set to put into play at this time. That being stated, irons look very good in person and definitely would consider a trial if can get hands on set that could be tweaked to my specs.

>

> What information are you missing regarding custom orders? All of the options are on the TM website when you configure a set. The only outstanding question is dates for the next batch of heads. All we know is "summer" at this point.

Well for starters. Pricing on limited vs non limited sets. Then there’s the 3 iron missing or not question. Then the when will they ship. Then the what shaft will the limited have? Etc. I can probably think of more.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Mitchell said:

> > @jll62 said:

> > > @Mitchell said:

> > > Too little clarification of information available from Taylormade regarding custom orders for me to consider a purchase of a set to put into play at this time. That being stated, irons look very good in person and definitely would consider a trial if can get hands on set that could be tweaked to my specs.

> >

> > What information are you missing regarding custom orders? All of the options are on the TM website when you configure a set. The only outstanding question is dates for the next batch of heads. All we know is "summer" at this point.

>

> Don't know when 3 iron will be available, don't know a reasonable projected delivery date, don't know if my swingweight requirements can be met with overlength and upright build and grips required, can't get definitive answer on if diferent headweights are available for overlength, etc.. Have personally owned quite a few custom sets and never had the type of vague responses received from various sources at Taylormade and at accounts for a retail release from any manufacturer. I get that players are enthused about this set and not trying to throw cold water on that, just for me- vague answers like "summer" and lack of basic custom build information just don't cut it. Really hoping that improves in near future.

Absolutely. What’s going to be funny is when I post the first set of pics in hand after being accused of trying to throw cold water on these. Least info of an iron dropping in less than 15 days I’ve ever heard of.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> Full production run on these is what I am hearing.

So nothing limited ? As in every set gets the unboxing experience , tiger letter etc ? And therefore all same price ?

These are real questions folks. Lol. Kind of odd why TM won’t chime in and clarify.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > Full production run on these is what I am hearing.

>

> So nothing limited ? As in every set gets the unboxing experience , tiger letter etc ? And therefore all same price ?

>

> These are real questions folks. Lol. Kind of odd why TM won’t chime in and clarify.

>

>

First run get a special wooden box (rumored) from what I understand. TM just doesn’t want us ho’s to know all their juicy details. I’m ok with that as long as my set comes in May:)

> @TheMoneyShot said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @TheMoneyShot said:

> > > Full production run on these is what I am hearing.

> >

> > So nothing limited ? As in every set gets the unboxing experience , tiger letter etc ? And therefore all same price ?

> >

> > These are real questions folks. Lol. Kind of odd why TM won’t chime in and clarify.

> >

> >

>

> First run get a special wooden box (rumored) from what I understand. TM just doesn’t want us ho’s to know all their juicy details. I’m ok with that as long as my set comes in May:)

Did you say woolen box ? Sorry. Get my Ds and Ls mixed up. Lol

This isn’t shot at you friend. But I have to just shake my head when someone says “ what questions that are unanswered “. Lol. Real answer. Nobody knows what we’re getting. Congratulations TM. You’ve managed to sell a $2k pig in a poke. I salute you . And hope to god the bacon tastes good when we finally taste it!

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock