TS3 issue

Trap Junior

I have been custom fitted for this driver but can't seem to make this club work for me. I launch it fine but I'm not happy with the flight and peak height I achieve. I can launch it 14 or so degrees and still get only 90ft of so peak height even hitting up on it 4 degrees. I prefer to see a higher flight 110-120ft or more. Also the flight of the TS3 tends to fly a little low and dip and not hold its flight quite long enough. I got fitted for the 8.5 and questioned whether I should be put into 9.5 but the fitter said I am launching it fine and he'd be afraid spin would get too high with 9.5. I spin the TS3 on good hits around 2300 but this can drop on mishits. I don't know whether to forget about the TS3 altogether or keep trying shafts and lofts. Already have tried 3 shafts. No0ne make me feel confident.

I play the 910 D3 and it totally outperforms the TS3. Better flight, same distance (if not longer) and more accurate and forgiving. I am a good driver with it. I never hit dippers with it. The TS3 just doesn't feel right. I'm not taking the 910 out of the bag but I feel like the TS3 should be performing better considering its a more modern driver and the effort I have put into finding its eventual replacement.

Is it a shaft or loft issue or just a dud driver for me?

What is your ball speed? 14º launch and 2300 spin should drop bombs... unless your ball speed doesn't match up.

TSR3 10º Driver - LinQ M40X Blue 6F5     

TSR2 15º Fwy - LinQ M40X Blue 7F5     

TSR2 18º Hyb  - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
T200 #4 @ 1º Weak - Modus 120X

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

SM10 Raw 50.12F @ 51º, 56.12D, 60.08M @ 61º - Mouds 120X
Odyssey TEN - SuperStroke PIstol 2.0

Pro V1 

When I hit it in isolation you might say that's a decent flight but side by side on the golf course v the 910 the difference becomes apparent. 910 better flight with always a good trajectory and height and never falls out of the sky. Good distance and forgiveness. Very consistent.

The TS3 seems to come off the face hotter but more uncontrollably, and seems to dip slightly even on decent impact locations. Playing the 910 at 44.5'' and the TS3 at 44.75''.

On course testing shows the 910 is much straighter and consistent and goes as far as the TS3 good hits.

What shafts are in each. As others have said It sounds like you have higher spin with the 910. Your comment on the spin going down on mishits is also a little odd. Normally center face to above center should generate the lowest spin. The fact your say your mishits are getting lower spin may mean you aren't hitting the center of the face with your good swings.

Do you fit into TS3 or you want TS3 to begin with?

If you are custom fit and hit 910 and TS3 side by side, what make you to choose to purchase the TS3 driver.

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.
TM Stealth Plus 5W, Hzrdous Smoke Red 5.5

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 7 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

It sounds like spin is too low, start adding ticks of loft, that is what the adjustments are there for. This will increase launch and spin which will add stability.

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Opposite experience here. 8.5* TS3 and i hit high launching flat bombs. Its easily the most forgiving driver i've ever hit. i have a heavier weight in mine and 5 grams of cotton in the head as well.

• AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

I > @shaolingolfer said:

> Do you fit into TS3 or you want TS3 to begin with?

> If you are custom fit and hit 910 and TS3 side by side, what make you to choose to purchase the TS3 driver.

I went specifically for the TS3 because I loved the 910 and the word was the TS3 was a great driver and having played the 910 for 8 yrs its getting a bit battered and bruised so wanted more of the same but with a new driver. I also hoped technology might give me more yardage in the 8 yrs between the 910 and TS3.

I didn't get to try them side by side on the course until I had bought it.

Turns out its a dud. I have tried the Speeder TS 84 x , the Evenflow White 6.5 and the Hzrdus Smoke 6.5, the Diamana whiteboard in it on the course and my 910 beats all of them. I was able to buy another shaft on ebay and also got a loan of a couple.

I took some data from my fitting and the landing angle on a good hit was 35 degrees. Peak height 93 feet with 14 launch.

I never hit low hooks with my 910 but witht he TS3 its a possibility.

> @"Trap Junior" said:

> I have been custom fitted for this driver but can't seem to make this club work for me. I launch it fine but I'm not happy with the flight and peak height I achieve. I can launch it 14 or so degrees and still get only 90ft of so peak height even hitting up on it 4 degrees. I prefer to see a higher flight 110-120ft or more. Also the flight of the TS3 tends to fly a little low and dip and not hold its flight quite long enough. I got fitted for the 8.5 and questioned whether I should be put into 9.5 but the fitter said I am launching it fine and he'd be afraid spin would get too high with 9.5. I spin the TS3 on good hits around 2300 but this can drop on mishits. I don't know whether to forget about the TS3 altogether or keep trying shafts and lofts. Already have tried 3 shafts. No0ne make me feel confident.

>

> I play the 910 D3 and it totally outperforms the TS3. Better flight, same distance (if not longer) and more accurate and forgiving. I am a good driver with it. I never hit dippers with it. The TS3 just doesn't feel right. I'm not taking the 910 out of the bag but I feel like the TS3 should be performing better considering its a more modern driver and the effort I have put into finding its eventual replacement.

>

> Is it a shaft or loft issue or just a dud driver for me?

Did hit get fit outdoors or in a simulator? I have similar experiences to you when I did only indoor fittings, no matter how good the fitter. It’s scary what numbers on a screen can translate to in real life. I had that disaster with a Epic Flash. Just got fit for a TS3 outdoors, 10.5* head set to 12* if that tells you anything

There are no duds. Everything is really, really good right now and very comparable. Just because you liked a previous generation Titleist driver doesn’t mean the newest one will work well for you, or that the loft you purchased is the correct one. It’s not uncommon to have to add some loft with lower spin drivers - the 910 is not that. You haven’t mentioned changing any of the settings, or that you’ve gone back to the fitter with your issues. Most fitters want their customers to be happy so don’t be afraid to give them a chance to do so.

> @"Trap Junior" said:

> I > @shaolingolfer said:

> > Do you fit into TS3 or you want TS3 to begin with?

> > If you are custom fit and hit 910 and TS3 side by side, what make you to choose to purchase the TS3 driver.

>

> I went specifically for the TS3 because I loved the 910 and the word was the TS3 was a great driver and having played the 910 for 8 yrs its getting a bit battered and bruised so wanted more of the same but with a new driver. I also hoped technology might give me more yardage in the 8 yrs between the 910 and TS3.

> I didn't get to try them side by side on the course until I had bought it.

>

> Turns out its a dud. I have tried the Speeder TS 84 x , the Evenflow White 6.5 and the Hzrdus Smoke 6.5, the Diamana whiteboard in it on the course and my 910 beats all of them. I was able to buy another shaft on ebay and also got a loan of a couple.

> I took some data from my fitting and the landing angle on a good hit was 35 degrees. Peak height 93 feet with 14 launch.

> I never hit low hooks with my 910 but witht he TS3 its a possibility.

What shaft is in your 910 and have you tried it in the TS3?

> @drscott266 said:

> > @"Trap Junior" said:

> > I have been custom fitted for this driver but can't seem to make this club work for me. I launch it fine but I'm not happy with the flight and peak height I achieve. I can launch it 14 or so degrees and still get only 90ft of so peak height even hitting up on it 4 degrees. I prefer to see a higher flight 110-120ft or more. Also the flight of the TS3 tends to fly a little low and dip and not hold its flight quite long enough. I got fitted for the 8.5 and questioned whether I should be put into 9.5 but the fitter said I am launching it fine and he'd be afraid spin would get too high with 9.5. I spin the TS3 on good hits around 2300 but this can drop on mishits. I don't know whether to forget about the TS3 altogether or keep trying shafts and lofts. Already have tried 3 shafts. No0ne make me feel confident.

> >

> > I play the 910 D3 and it totally outperforms the TS3. Better flight, same distance (if not longer) and more accurate and forgiving. I am a good driver with it. I never hit dippers with it. The TS3 just doesn't feel right. I'm not taking the 910 out of the bag but I feel like the TS3 should be performing better considering its a more modern driver and the effort I have put into finding its eventual replacement.

> >

> > Is it a shaft or loft issue or just a dud driver for me?

>

> Did hit get fit outdoors or in a simulator? I have similar experiences to you when I did only indoor fittings, no matter how good the fitter. It’s scary what numbers on a screen can translate to in real life. I had that disaster with a Epic Flash. Just got fit for a TS3 outdoors, 10.5* head set to 12* if that tells you anything

Bit of both. Indoors hitting into the outdoors from a bay. I couldn't actually see the flight of the ball. My eyesight is shot.

> @"Trap Junior" said:

> I > @shaolingolfer said:

> > Do you fit into TS3 or you want TS3 to begin with?

> > If you are custom fit and hit 910 and TS3 side by side, what make you to choose to purchase the TS3 driver.

>

> I went specifically for the TS3 because I loved the 910 and the word was the TS3 was a great driver and having played the 910 for 8 yrs its getting a bit battered and bruised so wanted more of the same but with a new driver. I also hoped technology might give me more yardage in the 8 yrs between the 910 and TS3.

> I didn't get to try them side by side on the course until I had bought it.

>

> Turns out its a dud. I have tried the Speeder TS 84 x , the Evenflow White 6.5 and the Hzrdus Smoke 6.5, the Diamana whiteboard in it on the course and my 910 beats all of them. I was able to buy another shaft on ebay and also got a loan of a couple.

> I took some data from my fitting and the landing angle on a good hit was 35 degrees. Peak height 93 feet with 14 launch.

> I never hit low hooks with my 910 but witht he TS3 its a possibility.

Technology is only going to give you more yardage if you're properly fit/optimized for what you need it to do. If you've tried 4 different shafts but haven't changed your loft setting yet then you're just fumbling around with phillips screwdrivers when you need a flathead. Loft for loft and strike for strike, the 910 is going to spin more. This would give you a more stable flight with less of a left tendency, so the solution is to loft up on your lower spinning TS3 to achieve the same higher spin numbers. THIS is how you get more distance, because now you're launching higher without the spin increasing over the 910 which = more carry and more total yardage. Don't try another shaft before you adjust your loft settings, the answer is right there in front of you.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 9* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16.5* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 18* Graphite Design AD-IZ 95X
Callaway X-Forged Single Diamond 22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

I've read numerous stories similar to yours - great performance and numbers during the fitting but the club under-performs on the course. One thing that can be a culprit is the variance in stated loft from club head to club head. Sometimes a driver marked 8.5* is actually 7.5* or 9.5*. There are also variances in shaft flex within the same flex designation which can cause differences in performance from shaft to shaft.

I had a guy with the same issue at a demo day a few years back for the 915 driver. He was hitting the demo driver great, probably the best he's ever hit a driver. He ordered one on the spot. When it arrived he took it to the range and to the course several times and could never get the same results he got on demo day. It was a huge let-down for him and he eventually benched it.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Tensei AV Raw White 65X

PXG Gen 6 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

It could be the head itself. I'm on my 3rd TS3 head and my previous 2 didn't feel right. First one was long but didn't sound right, second one same but not as long, both 9.5. Luckily I got a 8.5 head on BST to try and it's perfect. Sound and feel is just like a TS2, which I originally preferred, and it's longer.

So Interesting how equipment varies for everyone.

I was hitting my 917 D3 9.5 lofted up to 10.25 last year and it was borderline too low with a KKDC 70TX. I put the same shaft in my 9.5 TS3 2 months ago and it’s borderline too high at the stock 9.5 loft. Thinking about going down to 8.75.

Oh....and the answer to your dilemma is super simple. Keep playing the 910.

I’ve tried nearly everything out there and I keep going back to the Cobra LTD.

Just finished another round on the course testing both. Hit the TS3 and it went well for a few holes but then started hitting some really wild shots with it. Low hooks and big block cuts. I switched back to my old driver and start hitting it straight. The ball doesn't feel right off the face. I dont know why but when I set up to it I just dont feel comfortable. The head looks a little too big and I just feel like it could go anywhere. Its costly but might try a 9.5 at some stage in it. Personally I feel the COG is just too far forward on it a bit like the SLDR. Might give good ball speed numbers in a launch monitor in laboratory golf but its horribly unforgiving even on marginal shots.

Have you tried your 910 driver shaft in the TS3 head? Also adjust to A4... I think we're all just trying to be helpful here.

TSR3 10º Driver - LinQ M40X Blue 6F5     

TSR2 15º Fwy - LinQ M40X Blue 7F5     

TSR2 18º Hyb  - Recoil Proto Hybrid 85F5
T200 #4 @ 1º Weak - Modus 120X

T100 #5-P - Modus 120X

SM10 Raw 50.12F @ 51º, 56.12D, 60.08M @ 61º - Mouds 120X
Odyssey TEN - SuperStroke PIstol 2.0

Pro V1