Metric irons - EXCEL VBA APP

Howard_Jones

The trend going 3/8" and progressive SW has been around a while, but many want to take it further against Single length, but still with some length progression since its limited what we can do using standard heads.

To make it easier to compose a set like that and find the right play lengths, based on "standard" heads, ive made a small EXCEL VBA APP i hope you find handy. Ive converted every specs to METRIC, but you still get to see the specs as imperial as reference, but the metric system gives us a more precise system for fine tuning of play length difference between both irons and wedges.

THE SYSTEM IS #8 IRON BASED - THATS YOUR POINT ZERO or FITTING CLUB

If you normally play plus 0.5", then use a #8 iron thats plus 0.5" as starting point, and play around to see what they other could be if you.....

The system is based on RELATIVE numbers, so make sure your input values is correct, then the sheet should be able to get head weight decent even for those who dont have a SW scale (automatic SW scale built into the sheet for all calks, plus a stand alone for the actual build,and one extra for "playing around".

You have FULL freedom to decide play length difference between irons in steps of 0.1 mm

You have FULL freedom to decide play length difference between wedges in steps of 0.1 mm

You have FULL freedom to decide SW point progression from 1.33 SWP pr inch all the way to SW match (steps of 0.1 SWP pr inch)

You have FULL freedom to start from what ever play length vs standard you have at hand

You have FULL freedom to start from what ever SW value the set you got at hand have

SW value can be tuned up to a higher value than start using spinners

Wedges can be adjusted "outside" the auto calk as fine tune on both length and SW

RED ALERTS on fields who needs your attention

PRINT ready for work bench specs (no colors on print) just choose print in EXCEL.

Write protected so you dont mess it up during use, but NO Password, so feel free to modify it if you want.

- Its free for all to share and use

- USE ON YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY'

- No commercial reuse (sale), but professionals might use it as a tool if they like it.

This is the very first upload, it seems fine on test runs now, but like always, buts might be present even if it looks good for now.

The interface might look scare at first look, but dont worry, its EASY and logical i use, and it tries to prevent you from doing something "impossible", but play around with it and you will be surprised of whats possible to build, maybe from a set you have dusting in a corner?

The APP takes care of play lengths, and Head weight matching depending on what play lengths you want and what SW progression you want, so just start by what play length and SW value you want for the #8 iron, and let EXCEL do the rest for you.

it should be self explaining the way ive made it, but feel free to ask any question

DOWNLOAD HERE

https://ufile.io/sryt7

UPDATED VERSION WITH FLEX SLOPE DIAGRAM - marts.6 2019

See the updated post for USER MANUAL for details

Then new version can be downloaded from this adress

https://ufile.io/ar3l3

USER MANUAL FURTHER DOWN ON THIS PAGE

PS! Macros is this scrips ive added to make it run like it was a small software or app, its no viruses

If you find errors or bugs, please tell so it can be fixed instantly.

Enjoy

PS, im not sure how EXCEL handles the way we Europeans split numbers using , instead of . so maybe a small change of the VBA code is needed, but just tell me if it dont run as it should, then il upload a other

2 SMALL CHARTS TO SHOW OFF THE OPTIONS METRIC GIVES US

ALL METRIC

SAME NUMBERS AS IMPERIAL

• Like 1

DO NOT SEND PMs WITH CLUB TECH QUESTIONS - USE THE PUBLIC FORUM.

Works awesome. Thanks Howard

I guess i should have made a user manual, but its really simple to use it, so dont let the large screen scare you off.

BLUE LINES is what we pay attention to, either as input values or return value, so when we play around and look at different options, the BLUE fields and what happens to them is what we look at.

RED fields is different warnings, often heads who need weight REDUCTION and thats not always easy, but if you now move to the SW TUNER, you can LIFT THE SLOPE by 0.1 SWP at the time until those RED heads is equalized, and then no wgt reduction is needed if the new SW value is good.

Just pay attention to the #8 and how the BLACK field for SW value of that club moves.

RESET

The different RESET buttons is local, and only to RESET what its next to, so to RESET ALL, use the RESET button at the top

RESET VALUES

If you want the numbers the sheet reset itself to, to be others, RIGHT click the RESET button, and go into the VBA code and simply change the values.

If done my best to explain the code, so you should be able to modify it even if you never seen VBA for EXCEL before.

CHANGE COLORS or MODiFY THE SHEET

The sheet is write protected but without password so just remove write protection and you can modify what ever you like

MODIFY PRINT

The Print part is hidden lower down on the screen and is just formulas who import whats done above, but its BIAS to METRIC where those numbers is highlighted and the others faded down to make it easier to use at the works bench with less numbers to be disturbed by, but the way i wanted it to be, but feel free to make it like you want it, add your Shop logo or what ever....

ERRORS

Any errors you find, please tell so i can fix it and upload a fresh version

ALWAYS CHECK THE NUMBERS

This app has so many possibilities that it would surprise me if it does not contain a bug or has a potential to user errors i did not see coming, so use it with precautions and care.

THANK YOU FOR SHARING.

"Friendships born on the field of athletic strife are the real gold of competition.  Awards become corroded; friends gather no dust." -- Jesse Owens

WITB 2024 Edition

• Woods: :cobra-small: DarkSpeed X [10.5*, :kbs: TD LE 60; :cobra-small:  DarkSpeed LS [17.5*], TD Gloss 70; Iomic Evolution
  • Hybrid: :cobra-small: King Tec 2019 [19*], :kbs: PGH 85; Iomic Evolution
  • Irons & Wedges:  King Tour [4i & 5i], King CB [6i to Pw]; UST Mamiya Recoil 110; Iomic Evolution
  • Wedges: S23, 610; UST Mamiya Recoil 125 Prototype; Iomic Evolution
  • Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport-35 [24]; :garsen: Quad Tour NT TPE
  • Ball: :bridgestone-small: XS [22];
  • Notables: :cobra-small: -Vessel Tour stand bag; :ShotScope: Pro LX+ with H4; :Clicgear: 3.5+ w/Alphard Club Booster V2;

USER MANUALINPUTS FIELDSBLUE fields is INPUTUse SPINNERS to adjust values up or down / Imperial shown in grey to the leftHELP menus in each field with a RED upper right corner - move courser to pop up help.MUST BE SET RIGHTLength between IRONS as millimeterLength between wedges as as millimeter#8 iron PLAY length as CentimeterSW value #8 ironUSE STANDARD VALUE FOR YOUR SET FROM OEM AT THIS PLAY LENGTHTUNE UP TARGET OR TO THE FITTED SW VALUE BY USING THE SW TUNERWEIGHT TO ADD WILL NOT BE RIGHT IF YOU DONT FOLLOW THIS.INPUT for GRIP CAP & BBGM is only needed to get correct CUT length, its NOT neededwhen playing around to look for options.VERSION 1:COMPOSOR PLAY LENGHT SET UPThe 4 upper lines is ONLY for reference, they never change, while PW/LW labels might changeTHIS set line is depending on what starting point you are using, so if your set is 0.5 plus vs stduse the pull down menu as choose 4/8DIFF is the difference club vs club between your starting point and THIS set up.To change how DIFF is displayed, use the top menu.Be aware of that 1/8 is more than 3 mm, so when displaying as /8, EXCEL might look dead so try one of the other option to see the actual numbers since we are moving in steps smaller than 1/8 when we tune play length between clubs.The same way we can also change display of Play length and cut length and the same for the PRINTso don’t choose print before you have the numbers displayed as you want themNEW VERSION WITH FLEX SLOPE DIAGRAM (ver 2.0 US)Its only a diagram put on top of the helping numbers and the customers name until i can deliver en better solution for this.The Diagram show expected RELATIVE difference to flex due to the ADDED head weight we replace after we go shorterThis is details only advanced club makers care about, but now anyone can play around with custom set ups, and actually SEE what happens to flex in each club vs a standard set up SW matched to flat SW value.

SOLVER / TUNERRED fields is warnings that needs our attention, in this case HEAD WEIGHTIn this example our #9 head is 1.8 grams above target, so we must either remove that weightor RAISE SW values on all, using the SW TUNER. We scroll up until the #9 iron say 0.Pay attention to that the RED Wedges changes too.If we insist on using the play lengths we found, we have to raise SW values by 0.8 so our #8 iron is now D2.8 and the rest has gained the same. The only Wedge still RED was the Sand W. but I wanted that as it is, so i adjusted using the spinner for SW on the specific wedge and added target SW until the RED field still standing is equal to the new RED field above.When those 2 is equalizing each other, you have accepted that club as it is, and all numbersis now ready to print as a work sheet if you set BBGM correct before you started.RESETThere is 3 LOCAL reset buttons that only reset the spinner next to it.To RESET the whole sheet, use RESET on top of the pageTo change Reset values for BBGM or play lengths, RIGHT click the MAIN RESET button and choose MACRO , then EDIT, and scroll the code until you find the values, then just change them as you likePRINTThere is a copy of it all lower down on the same page, marked and set as the print area, so just useEXCEL command print and it will work. You can change colors on the print as you like, just remove write protection, no password. The print function can be used to make PDF to forward as emailFLEX TWEAKThis version has no buildt in flex slope tweaker, but its coming on the next versionFor now you can use the SWP CORRECTION NEEDED info to judge it. (version1)1 SWP is equal to 1 CPM, so for each SWP PLUS we add back to the club, we softenthe shaft with the same amount of CPMs.If this was a New build, and we wanted the flex slope to be just like the original, we would be forced into tip trim, even on tapers. Some steel shaft respond with 1 CPM for each 1/8 tip trim, others need 3/16, so if this was made using DG we would need 5/8 tip trim on our #3 iron.We normally just ignore this, and let flex weaken shaft by shaft like we see the SWP correction goes, and that makes the set kind of micro flighted where progressive softer flex adds a tad more dynamic loft and launchFor Version 2 you also goth this numbers displayed as a diagram, and the same diagram is added as a small chart in the corner of the PRINT areaSTAND ALONE SW CALK FOR THOSE WHO DONT HAVE A SW SCALEIn the bottom of the chart there is 2 stand alone SW calcs,. one with spinners to play with, and one who needs actual head wgt input we build a new set and dont have a SW scale, then you can use this calk and the Balance point method, but 1 mm off 0.3 SWP so its the measure job to BP who is hard to get precise.CHANGE RESET VALUES@ / if you want to change RESET values, RIGHT click the MAIN RESET buttonchoose ASSIGN MACRO then EDIT and this text would show up.(IN THIS EXAMLE IVE BOLDED OUT THOSE NUMBERS YOU MIGHT CHANGE)VISIBLE HTML TEXT CLEANED UP DOWN TO THIS LINE (still visible below, but they DONT belong to the VBA codes) MACRO TEXT IN VBASub ResetChart()' mark chart, change fractions between 1/8 - 1/16 - 1/32 or millimetersSTOP SCREEN UPDATEWith ScreenUppdate = FalseWRITE PROTECTION OFFActiveSheet.Unprotect ' MOI CHART PLAY LENGHT - NET SHAFT LENGHT

Range("D22:D32").Select

Selection.NumberFormat = "# ?/8"

' SW CHART PLAY LENGHT

Range("D36:E46").Select

' PRINT

Range("D97:E97").Select

' PLAY LENGHT DIFF

Range("J14:T14").Select

' PLAY LENGHT DIFF PRINT

Range("J93:T93").Select

' GRIP CAP

Range("F8").Select

Selection.NumberFormat = "# 3,2"

'- L.BETW.IRONS

Range("L4").Select

Selection.Value = "80"

'- L BETW.WEDGE

Range("K4").Select

Selection.Value = "80"

' PLAY LENGHT IN CM

Range("J4").Select

Selection.Value = "927"

' BBGM IRONS

Range("F9").Select

Selection.Value = "31,8"

' BBGM WEDGE

Range("G9").Select

Selection.Value = "41,3"

' RESET START PLAY LENGTH TO ZERO = 13

Range("D61").Select

Selection.Value = "13"

' RESET START SW VALUE = 2

Range("D33").Select

Selection.Value = "2,00"

......When you have done what ever changes you wanted, just close using X on the top right corner, SAVE the file.

There is NO password protection, so you cam modify anything you want, Colors, what ever.....

I Hope it becomes helpfull to see other options than was known before, so more players jump onto Custom clubs.

FLEX TWEAK - FLIGHT PATTERN

All shafts on the marked has a slightly different flex slope, and thats why RIFLE or Kaufmans charts never fits the shaft at hand, but lets forget those chart and simply look at how we alter flex slope when we modify a set like this.

If we follow the example with the specs from the post above, and look at SWP CORRECTION NEEDED, and plot those numbers into a chart it would be more visible. Ive used RIFLE FCM NEW model > 2012 for compare since the standard and the Flighted is the same shafts, only a different FLEX SLOPE who means "weaker long irons for higher launch" and stronger short irons for lower launch, compared to the standard flight RIFLE FCM.

Our example above in THIS case happens to fit RIFLE FLIGHTED SLOPE, except into the short where we dont go stronger....

This is stuff we might taken into consideration on NEW sets we make from new shafts. Then we can take advantage if this "forced flighted" by just ignore this, or we can manipulate the slope both ways as we like.

Just remember that RIFLE FCM needs 3/16 for each 1 CPM so they will have 50'% more tip section when we go weaker vs DG, so dont expect APEX numbers to be right for other shafts than those who respond with 1 CPM for each 3/16 (Rifle FCM and KBS Tour).

RIfle Standard vs flighted to the left

Rifle standard now modified like our example to the Right (8.0 mm irons and wedges 1.0 SWP slope)

All numbers is "relative" so never mind play lengths in the charts, they show standard.

For RIFLE FCM its quite simple. 1 CPM stronger is 1 feet lower APEX or the other way, so we get a visual chart like this when weaker or softer numbers is put into it. Our new METRIC set up as in our example to the right, it ends up as close to "Flighted" as can be, and should add a little help for launch in the long end for players with a late release.

Next version is fusion with a older EXCEL VBA for shaft flex and flight pattern tweak so this option becomes available for calck on new set. That means we can decide to over ride consequences by altering tip trim, and tweak it further the way we want.

It will have to be done on a "new screen" we can jump to, since it will involve tip and butt section measurements plus options to mix start blanks for DIY Ascending weight sets like Dynamic Gold X100 Flighted Ascending WGT, and shaft set up TT dont make, but we can build it if we like, and next version of this METRIC app will include those functions.

This was not quite working on a mac, but looks great on a PC. Thank you, and I will use this to build a set over the next few months. Very timely!

Howard - thank you for all of the work on this and advice!

The target is to get more players to do their own clubs, and this could be a good start project, modify a old iron set you dont play anymore to get to know the concept and how it works, and in METRIC we have way more options to fine tune compared to the imperial system, and we can even use numbers like 8.5 or 6.5 as long as we have a good metric ruler. We simply set the cut mark in-between 6 and 7 when we want 6.5 so this way we can also get those measurements the ruler dont really have.

Play around with different combos for fun, and see how the numbers move around depending on what choices we make.

New updated version with flex slope diagram added...see USER MANUAL for details.

The NEW version can be downloaded here, and is named ver2, so you can keep and run the first without changing file names, but Customer Name and club spec input (what we start from) will be moved to a POP UP input box with pull downs for brands and a both shaft specs, head specs and customer database. Its needed for auto calc of total weight and when we take it the b´next step further, mixing start blanks to make our own shaft weight type and flight patterns as we want.

https://ufile.io/ar3l3

Instead of a new useless chart for FCM like the one in the pinned topic, you will have them all included in this APP so you can pick brand and model from pull downs and excel will move the actual specs for those shafts into the composer. Then we can play around with soft or hard stepping by moving shafts or by en changed tip trim. The APP will respond with change of CPM and how TIP LENGTH and BUTT LENGTH on the play ready set looks like.

Dont forget that the shafts we start from is made for the 4/8" system between clubs, so depending on shaft model we mess with, and how much we can get very different shafts in the end. A shaft like RIFLE drops like a stone in flex when we cut from butt side, because that part is relative very very stiff compared to the rest of it, while Dynamic Gold dont really care how we cut it, and if anything it becomes softer when we go longer, so we mess with other set ups than 4/8" and flat SW values, we also mess with both the original CPM slope, and the original Anatomy (tip vs butt lengths)

For now, THIS diagram who tells about the RELATIVE difference to the original slope, WITHOUT knowing how the actual shaft model respond to BUTT TRIM is all i can offer you, so you at least get the idea of what we are messing with. We are now so deep down into this rabbit hole that only the most advanced club makers knows this world, but dont get scared off, just use the info with care, and ASK if you dont understand them.

Hi Howard,

Thanks for all of the work on this. I am just playing around with the sheets. In version 2, where is the Pop Up for shaft specs? I do not see it on a PC.

NEW for VER.2 is ONLY the diagram for flex slope, i though i made that clear,

its the one im still working on who contains a Shaft DB, but its not ready for upload, il come back with it when its ready.

Hi Howard,

Thanks for all of the work on this. I am just playing around with the sheets. In version 2, where is the Pop Up for shaft specs? I do not see it on a PC.

NEW for VER.2 is ONLY the diagram for flex slope, i though i made that clear,

its the one im still working on who contains a Shaft DB, but its not ready for upload, il come back with it when its ready.

Got it. Thanks! Early reading with not enough coffee

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

I'm trying to set the:

LENGTH BETWEEN IRONS to 9.5

LENGTH BETWEEN WEDGES TO 6.6

But then when I change: #8 IRON to 94.0 (to equal 37 inches or 1/2" over standard) the whole chart goes #VALUE!

Howard did a fantastic job putting user manual together but I am doing something wrong. Anybody else have the same challenge?

100% this chart is amazing!!

I'm trying to set the:

LENGTH BETWEEN IRONS to 9.5

LENGTH BETWEEN WEDGES TO 6.6

But then when I change: #8 IRON to 94.0 (to equal 37 inches or 1/2" over standard) the whole chart goes #VALUE!

Howard did a fantastic job putting user manual together but I am doing something wrong. Anybody else have the same challenge?

100% this chart is amazing!!

Sorry i overlooked this one, close without saving, RESET and try again, i dont get any errors what ever i try

i can see the problem, have to rewrite the macro for US users

LOOK carefully how EXCEL has split the numbers

Some are EUROPEAN using COMMA as separator, other US....

Il scratch my head, and make s MACRO for US users so that dont happen again.

...been busy with the progress on ver. 3..user interface almost done

connecting the dots now to make it play....

i can see the problem, have to rewrite the macro for US users

LOOK carefully how EXCEL has split the numbers

Some are EUROPEAN using COMMA as separator, other US....

Il scratch my head, and make s MACRO for US users so that dont happen again.

...been busy with the progress on ver. 3..user interface almost done

connecting the dots now to make it play....

Glad I could kind of help? Definitely looking forward to version 3!

here is a new file where i rewrote the VBA code, but im still not sure if it plays like it should, but try it off, and if the screen still show both Euro and US numbers '(hopefully no COMMA and EURO on this version) let me know ASAP.

This file is named ver 2 US

https://ufile.io/68bpi

Here is a little peak into version 3, and the user interface in SHAFT TWEAK modus where we can manipulate TIP Length (both up and down), something few are aware of is possible on Taper tips. They can be tip trimmed just like parallels up to 3, some 4/8" and we can SHIM the tip out and make insert shorter to soften flex up. As long as we have minimum 7/8-1.0 inch insert we have no issues or risk, so in general, most tapers can be shimmed 2 or 3/8 softer, or tip trimmed 3- 4/8" and that gives us some extra tweak options when we want to MIX start blanks like this app permits. We can use up to 7 different shaft blanks in a set, i dont think anyone needs more options than that, so thats the number i set as limit.

We can then just pick shaft models, soft or hard step the blanks as we like by choosing another shaft #, and as a final adjustment, tip trim or shim them to final specs. This way we can make shaft sets that dont exist, like DG X100 Flighted Ascending Weight, where we combine SS2 with SS1 and strait in, plus some minor tip trim adjustments to make a set with a strait flex flex slope without "ups and downs, and we have full control of shaft anatomy while we work on it. (tip length progression AND flex slope in graphs while we make adustments

The interface works now, so its progress, the DB behind is lots of job still (punching shaft datas.....for the DB, i had redo what i started at....i hit VBA scrips before done, and messed it all up.)

When im certain that the interface run as it should, il upload it without DB, so the user can enter actual shaft model specs directly and run it without the DB behind, but all functions is in the interface, not the DB, its juts complicated math to be able to choose freely what ever we like and dont make any mistakes, so it takes time to prevent errors from happening.

a few more hours on testing and adjustments of the interface, and it can be launched as "stand alone" with user input of shaft datas (tip section length, uncut weight etc...specs we need for the numbers to be done)

PS this is only the TWEAK section for CPM tuning and TIP LENGTH adjustments.

(the menu buttons HIDE or SHOW different sections of the sheet, the top will always stand still, so this snap shot shows whats under the "SHAFT C" button ("shaft composer").

PS those of you who are into digital MOI scales, there is a hidden sheet in the VER.2 you can "un-hide" and use for fast dry fit of clubs we change or work on.

Coming soon...ver.3 with CPM and shaft composer

Hi Howard,

Here is a re-write of your code. There is a lot less of it, now, but I think you will still be able to understand it (the changes are easy to understand). If not, please ask. I have fixed the following for you, too:

- There should be no need for a USA version. Your problem was in your code, where you were assigning a value of "31,3". Because you put that inside double-quotes, Excel will take it to be a literal string rather than a numeric value, depending on the regional settings of the PC. Take away the double-quotes and it should work anywhere.

- There is far less screen flicker during updates now

- the code should be easier to change and maintain; there were a lot of very similar subs in there before I modified it.

Cheers....

Private ScreenIsLocked As Boolean

Sub ResetALL()

ScreenIsLocked = True
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
	ResetWedgeLenght
	ResetChart
	ResetWedgeSWTUNER
	ChangeChart 8
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
ScreenIsLocked = False

End Sub

Sub ResetChart()

' mark chart, change fractions between 1/8 - 1/16 - 1/32 or millimeters

' STOP SCREEN UPDATE

' WRITE PROTECTION OFF
ActiveSheet.Unprotect

Range("D22:D32").NumberFormat = "# ?/8" ' MOI CHART PLAY LENGHT - NET SHAFT LENGHT

Range("D36:E46").NumberFormat = "# ?/8" ' SW CHART PLAY LENGHT

Range("D97:E97").NumberFormat = "# ?/8" ' PRINT

Range("J14:T14").NumberFormat = "# ?/8" ' PLAY LENGHT DIFF

Range("J93:T93").NumberFormat = "# ?/8" ' PLAY LENGHT DIFF PRINT

Range("F8").NumberFormat = "# 3,2" ' GRIP CAP

Range("L4").Value = 80 '- L.BETW.IRONS

Range("K4").Value = 80 '- L BETW.WEDGE

Range("J4").Value = 927 ' PLAY LENGHT IN CM

Range("F9").Value = 31.8 ' BBGM IRONS

Range("G9").Value = 41.3 ' BBGM WEDGE

Range("D61").Value = 13 ' RESET START PLAY LENGTH TO ZERO = 13

Range("D33").Value = 2 ' RESET START SW VALUE = 2

Range("J6:L6").NumberFormat = "# " ' RESET NAME = ""

Range("N6:O6").NumberFormat = "# " ' RESET HEAD BRAND = ""

Range("Q6:R6").NumberFormat = "# " ' RESET SHAFTS = ""

Range("T6").NumberFormat = "# " ' RESET SET MAKE UP = ""

' RESET SW TUNER
' RESET START SW VALUE = 2
With Range("O4")
	.NumberFormat = "0"
	.Value = 0
End With

' WRITE PROTECTION ON
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=False, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=False

' PLACE ACTIVE FIELS TO START SW VALUE
Range("D33").Activate

' START SCREEN UPDATE
If Not ScreenIsLocked Then Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End Sub
Sub ResetSwTuner()
Range("O4").Value = 0
Range("D33").Activate
End Sub
Sub ResetWedgeLenght()
Union(Range("Q2"), Range("R2"), Range("S2"), Range("T2")).FormulaR1C1 = "1000"
Range("D33").Activate
End Sub
Sub ResetWedgeSWTUNER()
Union(Range("Q3"), Range("R3"), Range("S3"), Range("T3")).FormulaR1C1 = "1000"
Range("D33").Activate
End Sub
Sub ChangeChart8M()
ChangeChart 8
End Sub
Sub ChangeChart10M()
ChangeChart 10
End Sub
Sub ChangeChart16M()
ChangeChart 16
End Sub
Sub ChangeChart32M()
ChangeChart 32
End Sub
Sub ChangeChart(pIncrement As Long)
Dim sNumberFormat As String
Dim R1 As Range, R2 As Range, R3 As Range, R4 As Range, R5 As Range

Set R1 = Range("D22:D32") '1 MOI CHART PLAY LENGTH - NET SHAFT LENGTH
Set R2 = Range("D36:D46") '2 SW CHART PLAY LENGTH
Set R3 = Range("D93:E93") '3 PLAY LENGTH DIFFERENCE PRINT SECTION
Set R4 = Range("J93:T93") '4 PLAY LENGTH IMPERIAL PRINT SECTION
Set R5 = Range("J14:T14") '5 PLAY LENGTH DIFF INPUT FORMAT

ActiveSheet.Unprotect

If pIncrement = 10 Then
		R1.NumberFormat = "# 0.000"
		Union(R2, R5).NumberFormat = "# 0.00"
		Union(R3, R4).NumberFormat = "# 00.0"
	Else
		sNumberFormat = "# ?/" & pIncrement
		Union(R1, R2, R3, R4, R5).NumberFormat = sNumberFormat
	End If

Union(Range("F8"), Range("F10:F11"), Range("F12")).NumberFormat = "# 0.0" '6 GRIP CAP, 7 L.BETW.IRONS, '8 L BETW.WEDGE

Union(Range("F14"), Range("F9"), Range("G9")).NumberFormat = "# 00.0" '9 PLAY LENGHT IN CM, 10 BBGM IRONS, 11 BBGM WEDGE

'12 PLACE ACTIVE FIELS TO START SW VALUE
	Range("D33").Activate

' WRITE PROTECTION ON
ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=False, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=False

' START SCREEN UPDATE
If Not ScreenIsLocked Then Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Extra bonus for you:

Just paste this into your module and you can then get rid of your worksheet called 'SWC'. Instead, you can just use the below function like any other Excel function.

For example, cell J50 now contains =SwingWeight(J48,J49/2.54)

This should make it easier for you to do swingweight calculations elsewhere, if you need it, too. Hope it's clear to you....

Cheers....

Public Function SwingWeight(Grams As Double, BalancePointInches As Double) As String
Dim MajorScale As String, MinorScale As Double, D As Double

D = Grams * (BalancePointInches - 14)

D = (D * 0.03528 - 143.5) / 1.75

MajorScale = Choose(D \ 10, "A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F", "G")

MinorScale = D Mod 10 + (D - D \ 1)

SwingWeight = MajorScale & Format(MinorScale, "0.00")

End Function

Thanks a lot, im so rusty writing DBA i forgot the most, so im looking for some old VBA stuff ive made to rip scrips from, but if i cant solve what im working on right now, il chime back for help, you seems to be way better than i am on that stuff.

Thanks again, i really love that!

Thanks a lot, im so rusty writing DBA i forgot the most, so im looking for some old VBA stuff ive made to rip scrips from, but if i cant solve what im working on right now, il chime back for help, you seems to be way better than i am on that stuff.

Thanks again, i really love that!

Not so fast! There's a small error with the above function. I'll post a fix in a few minutes. I'm a bit rusty, too, it seems!

EDIT: Here you are...

Public Function SwingWeight(Grams As Double, BalancePointInches As Double) As String
Dim MajorScale As String, MinorScale As Double, D As Double

D = Grams * (BalancePointInches - 14)

D = (D * 0.03528 - 143.5) / 1.75

MajorScale = Choose(Int(D) \ 10, "A", "B", "C", "D", "E", "F", "G")

MinorScale = 10 * (D / 10 - Int(D / 10))

SwingWeight = MajorScale & Format(MinorScale, "0.00")

End Function

• 1 month later...