What up with Jordan?

tsecor

> @gvogel said:

> > @Shilgy said:

> > The weekend is where have issues have been. He is only 4 back of the lead so definitely in contention. We'll see if he can begin to pull himself out of it.

>

> He's over par early in the third round.

>

> By the way, for a multiple major champion Jordan has easily the most awkward golf swing - ever.

>

Until deshampoo wins one.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Kdaniel72 said:

> > Jordan last six rounds were 75, 68, 69, 71, 71 and 66 with the first four at the Masters. I like his chances this weekend. What is the opinion of playing more than 18 in one day in regards to Spieth. Will that help him or hurt him? I think he played 6 this morning and went bogie, bogie, bird, bird, par and finished with a bird.

>

> I personally think that more holes is better for him. But we will see. Played with a player in the fields coach this morning who was on the range behind Jordan on Thursday watching. He said that he was hitting his irons nearly flawless time and time again. He feels like Jordan is close to making some headway mechanically. Let’s hope the mind follows if he gets a taste of confidence again with his swing.

What did Tiger say about Ranger Rick?

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @Shilgy said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @Kdaniel72 said:

> > > Jordan last six rounds were 75, 68, 69, 71, 71 and 66 with the first four at the Masters. I like his chances this weekend. What is the opinion of playing more than 18 in one day in regards to Spieth. Will that help him or hurt him? I think he played 6 this morning and went bogie, bogie, bird, bird, par and finished with a bird.

> >

> > I personally think that more holes is better for him. But we will see. Played with a player in the fields coach this morning who was on the range behind Jordan on Thursday watching. He said that he was hitting his irons nearly flawless time and time again. He feels like Jordan is close to making some headway mechanically. Let’s hope the mind follows if he gets a taste of confidence again with his swing.

>

> What did Tiger say about Ranger Rick?

Hey. That ranger rick came back !

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @redfirebird08 said:

> 3rd round struggle for Jordan today.

Sadly, I think he's in such a downward trend (making multiple double bogies), that in my lowly opinion, he needs to revert back to what got him there in the first place. He may be striping it on the range, but it's sure not following him to the course. Be it in his head or in the swing, if you can't get into contention and are barely making a few cuts, something drastic surely has to change or he's going to have a complete meltdown...........

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @Kdaniel72 said:

> > He has birdied 4 of the first 5 holes today. His irons and putting seem to be on today.

>

> If he can keep it going and finish the tournament strong, that'll be a first time for the year. He's had many good Thurs/Fri but then gave it back on the weekend.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

> @disco111 said:

> > @redfirebird08 said:

> > 3rd round struggle for Jordan today.

>

> Sadly, I think he's in such a downward trend (making multiple double bogies), that in my lowly opinion, he needs to revert back to what got him there in the first place. He may be striping it on the range, but it's sure not following him to the course. Be it in his head or in the swing, if you can't get into contention and are barely making a few cuts, something drastic surely has to change or he's going to have a complete meltdown...........

I don't understand why he decided to change his swing. But now that he's in the middle of the changes, I think he has to keep moving forward with it. Eventually he will be comfortable enough with the changes to play better golf. Just a matter of enough time going by for him.

I must admit, I didn't much care for Spieth when he was ascending leaderboards every week. I remember him draining bomb after bomb at the Tournament of Champions and winning by 8 the year after his legendary season, thinking this guy is going to dominate. It's shocking to see that his slump continues. Luckily for him, it doesn't get a ton of media coverage. Like every golfer except a certain someone, he gets to disappear and work on his game in peace.

> @Shilgy said:

> The weekend is where have issues have been. He is only 4 back of the lead so definitely in contention. We'll see if he can begin to pull himself out of it.

> @Shilgy said:

> The weekend is where have issues have been. He is only 4 back of the lead so definitely in contention. We'll see if he can begin to pull himself out of it.

Man you are spot on!

Ping 425 Max 10.5*

Titleist  Tis2 15*

Titleist  Tis2 18*

Hybrid Ping 410 22*

Ping I525 5-PW Project X 5.5

Cleveland CBX 50*

Titleist  Vokey 54*

Titleist Vokey 58*

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pistol Grip 

He is just going through a swing change. Remember it was similar with Tiger. He will have 2 good rounds followed by a bad one and then possible bad or average one. Spieth just needs to put 4 good rounds together. The blow up holes are only happening due to swing changes. He will be back in a few months. Of course he might never be back - just like we have seen with so many golfers who have a swing change. I guess it shows Tiger with 5 different swing changes is an uber swing geek

> @Pent08 said:

> Shot a 75 to finish the tournament outside the top 50.

3 day leader is on his way to doing the same. Cruel game.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @Lamb said:

> He is just going through a swing change. Remember it was similar with Tiger. He will have 2 good rounds followed by a bad one and then possible bad or average one. Spieth just needs to put 4 good rounds together. The blow up holes are only happening due to swing changes. He will be back in a few months. Of course he might never be back - just like we have seen with so many golfers who have a swing change. I guess it shows Tiger with 5 different swing changes is an uber swing geek

Spieth hasn't won since July 2017.

Tiger used to maybe go a few months without winning while undergoing a swing change. But then he'd go on a barrage of winning. He never went even close to a year without winning unless it was due to injury.

Spieth's finishes this year are the worst of his career. If this is all because of a swing change, it's gone terribly wrong. It should not take almost 2 years to start winning again after a swing change.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @Lamb said:

> > He is just going through a swing change. Remember it was similar with Tiger. He will have 2 good rounds followed by a bad one and then possible bad or average one. Spieth just needs to put 4 good rounds together. The blow up holes are only happening due to swing changes. He will be back in a few months. Of course he might never be back - just like we have seen with so many golfers who have a swing change. I guess it shows Tiger with 5 different swing changes is an uber swing geek

>

> Spieth hasn't won since July 2017.

>

> Tiger used to maybe go a few months without winning while undergoing a swing change. But then he'd go on a barrage of winning. He never went even close to a year without winning unless it was due to injury.

>

> Spieth's finishes this year are the worst of his career. If this is all because of a swing change, it's gone terribly wrong. It should not take almost 2 years to start winning again after a swing change.

Tiger had big gaps in 98 and 04 - nearly a full year in the latter case. But obviously wasn’t nearly as lost as Jordan seems to be.

> @cdnglf said:

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > @Lamb said:

> > > He is just going through a swing change. Remember it was similar with Tiger. He will have 2 good rounds followed by a bad one and then possible bad or average one. Spieth just needs to put 4 good rounds together. The blow up holes are only happening due to swing changes. He will be back in a few months. Of course he might never be back - just like we have seen with so many golfers who have a swing change. I guess it shows Tiger with 5 different swing changes is an uber swing geek

> >

> > Spieth hasn't won since July 2017.

> >

> > Tiger used to maybe go a few months without winning while undergoing a swing change. But then he'd go on a barrage of winning. He never went even close to a year without winning unless it was due to injury.

> >

> > Spieth's finishes this year are the worst of his career. If this is all because of a swing change, it's gone terribly wrong. It should not take almost 2 years to start winning again after a swing change.

>

> Tiger had big gaps in 98 and 04 - nearly a full year in the latter case. But obviously wasn’t nearly as lost as Jordan seems to be.

Yeah from 1996-2009 Tiger Woods never went a season without a victory.

And in 98 and 04 he was 4th on the money list. He wasn't routinely finishing outside the top 25. He was putting up high finishes.

Maybe Padraig Harrington is a better comparison for Spieth.

> @grm24 said:

> Since his 3rd place finish at last year Masters Spieth has played 24 events. His best finish is a T9. Has two T12 finishes. Every other event is T21 or worse including 5 M/C. Not a good 12 months of golf.

>

> jjjkw9bwrdjx.jpg

>

What are those numbers under "Week"?

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

> @jmvargas said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > Since his 3rd place finish at last year Masters Spieth has played 24 events. His best finish is a T9. Has two T12 finishes. Every other event is T21 or worse including 5 M/C. Not a good 12 months of golf.

> >

> > jjjkw9bwrdjx.jpg

> >

>

> **What are those numbers under "Week"?**

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

The week of the current year.

http://www.owgr.com/events

• Like 1

the swing doesnt hold up under weekend pressure yet thats for sure. I agree with blade, the flatter plane doesnt look natural. When he gets it going like he did on friday he stands up more as it is more natural to him and just stripes his irons like he used to. time will tell about this swing but hes taking his lumps off the tee big time.Im amazed hes scoring as well as he is with literally an OB drive every other round

> @lowheel said:

> the swing doesnt hold up under weekend pressure yet thats for sure. I agree with blade, the flatter plane doesnt look natural. When he gets it going like he did on friday he stands up more as it is more natural to him and just stripes his irons like he used to. time will tell about this swing but hes taking his lumps off the tee big time.Im amazed hes scoring as well as he is with literally an OB drive every other round

If YJS was an Avenger who would he be?

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

> @grm24 said:

> > @jmvargas said:

> > > @grm24 said:

> > > Since his 3rd place finish at last year Masters Spieth has played 24 events. His best finish is a T9. Has two T12 finishes. Every other event is T21 or worse including 5 M/C. Not a good 12 months of golf.

> > >

> > > jjjkw9bwrdjx.jpg

> > >

> >

> > **What are those numbers under "Week"?**

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> The week of the current year.

> http://www.owgr.com/events

oh...ok thanks!

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

> @lowheel said:

> the swing doesnt hold up under weekend pressure yet thats for sure. I agree with blade, the flatter plane doesnt look natural. When he gets it going like he did on friday he stands up more as it is more natural to him and just stripes his irons like he used to. time will tell about this swing but hes taking his lumps off the tee big time.Im amazed hes scoring as well as he is with literally an OB drive every other round

Flatter plane is also why he’s missing driver sooo huge two ways. I don’t know what McCormick is trying to accomplish with that.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I think Smylie Kaufman may be rubbing off on him, and no that is not what she said, yet it is classified as a "phrasing" comment.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - PW Ping BluePrint S - Shaft testing
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

Did not watch yesterday's final round but took a quick look at Shot Tracker and it shows him hitting his 2nd shot on 16 to 8 inches and then missing the putt. Just had a brief segment on Morning Drive and there is no mention of this. Did anyone happen to see him playing the 16th and did he really miss an 8 inch putt?

A guy was on A New Breed of Golf a bit ago and said he recorded Jordan’s driver swing from face on and says his weight shift on the downswing is a too much of a lateral slide toward the target and Breed said it can be contributing to he two-way miss. Breed also said that the debacle at 12 at Augusta when he lost to Willet May have a lasting effect on his swing because it creates a doubt in the mind that the swing is okay despite going in the water twice. Interesting theory that what is a correct distance going over the bunker is too long left and I. The water right and it can stay in your mind and force you to change you swing approach in your mind. He hasn’t really been the same since. Going in the water on 14 at the Heritage and making two or three double bogeys on that hole seems to be a sign.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

I don’t know anything, but I think he needs to change swing coaches to get a different mindset and outlook. He has too much skill to be this bad for this long. He makes too many bogeys and doubles for a guy with his talent around the greens. I get his missed fairways and greens contribute significantly to all this.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > the swing doesnt hold up under weekend pressure yet thats for sure. I agree with blade, the flatter plane doesnt look natural. When he gets it going like he did on friday he stands up more as it is more natural to him and just stripes his irons like he used to. time will tell about this swing but hes taking his lumps off the tee big time.Im amazed hes scoring as well as he is with literally an OB drive every other round

>

> If YJS was an Avenger who would he be?

hawkeye? steps in the spotlight for a spell then fades to dust?

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @lowheel said:

> > > the swing doesnt hold up under weekend pressure yet thats for sure. I agree with blade, the flatter plane doesnt look natural. When he gets it going like he did on friday he stands up more as it is more natural to him and just stripes his irons like he used to. time will tell about this swing but hes taking his lumps off the tee big time.Im amazed hes scoring as well as he is with literally an OB drive every other round

> >

> > If YJS was an Avenger who would he be?

>

> hawkeye? steps in the spotlight for a spell then fades to dust?

Lol, agreed.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black