Aces vs. Hole-Outs

Obee

Posted this yesterday, have no idea where it ended up. I’ll try it again, got 2 aces and holed out from150 yds a long time ago for an eagle. Seems like i pitch one in from inside 100 yds about once every other year. Not that great, i play well over 100 rds a year.

Like chipping in from greenside once in awhile, offsets my suspect putting.

For some reason I just hole out alot of shots. Maybe cuz I always fire at the pin and I have a lower trajectory and like to keep the ball on the ground. A ball that flies over the hole won't go in but one on the ground will. I think this is a key factor in holing out shots all my golf friends that don't hole out shots often and have no hole in ones despite playing a ton have a high trajectory spinny ballflight.

I have 6 hole in ones, 2 double eagles and 100+ hole outs I've lost track of how many a long time ago. I've also made par from the tee box holing out my second after my first went into the water once and actually made the world's best double bogie at the Greenbrier by hitting 2 shots into the water and then holing my 3rd attempt.

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

No HIO, but countless hole outs. I still remember my first hole out... Par 3, pulled a Zach Johnson and shanked/duffed my ball just beside the forward tee. With my 3 playing partners trying very badly not to laugh, and me just wanting to get on with it, I nonchalantly knock it on the green, one bounce, and in the hole.

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 | Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 3W | Titleist 915H 4H | Mizuno JPX-850 Forged 4-GW | Cleveland RTX-3 54, 60 | Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1

Well, I only have 1 HIO, so definitely more hole outs, though I don't know that I've had a ton of them. But it is interesting that the HIO gets so much more notoriety. I hit my HIO and what I consider my best shot ever with the same club (5 iron). But the non-HIO shot was a hole out for eagle on the #1 handicap hole, long par 4 a really tough shot over water, late in the day when the sunlight was fading away, into the wind, may have been a slight earthquake, too. :D

• Like 1

The first year I played was when I was 11. I was playing with my dad one night and I had 165 yards to the hole. Pulled out my 3-wood and it was going right at the hole. It was late in the evening and we couldn't find my ball. We looked, looked and looked. Finally, my dad decided to check in the hole and there was my yellow Top Flite Plus #2 ball in the cup.

My dad remarked to me that he figured that was just as good as a hole-in-one, if not better because it required the golfer to hit a drive off the tee. Of course, my dad failed to mention he had never had a hole-in-one up until that point.

Anyway, he also remarked that I should keep track of that and any hole out from over 100-yards since par-3's are almost always at least 100-yards.

And in my golfing life...I've had 1 ace...and 18 hole outs from over 100 yards.

The last one I had I hit a 9-iron from 152...landed it about 5-feet past the cup and it sucked back into the hole. Of course, my dad wasn't watching while I did it...too busy playing on his phone.

Outside of my first hole-out, my favorite was from a few years ago at Bella Collina. I laid-up to 110 yards like I wanted to. We were playing a casual round and my ball ended up right in a divot. I was going to move the ball and my dad jokingly remarked that I was moving the ball. I then said 'Screw It' (and not in those terms), took my 52* wedge and casually struck the ball out of the divot and knocked it in.

RH

• Like 2

> @br61 said:

> I'm one of the unlucky guys that had two aces with no witnesses(during winter while playing alone) and no official aces. But I can live with it. I did have an ace during a Par 3 tournament that netted me the only skin of the tournament but I do not count that as an official ace. I did have an ace for par while playing with my club pro, original ball was OB by an inch or so, only about 10-15 yards right of the pin.

>

> I have holed out every par 4 hole at my home club, longest being 195 yards. I witnessed couple aces already this year. Lucky bast*ges! Ha.

Well, only a week after my post I got my first ever official hole in one yesterday, 205 yards with 23* hybrid. Didn't see it go in because it's an uphill hole. I earned a good shop credit from my club's Hole in One club. I guess it only took me about 45 years to get one. Ha.

• Like 1

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58*

Odyssey DART 47"

I've never holed-out from longer than 50yds with a wedge before but recorded my first HIO with 2 witnesses this past week. Here is my crude shot tracer attempt of it on my Iphone looking back at the hole. It was into a 10mph wind with about 5 more yards due to slope over the 175yds scoped straight from tee box to pin. 5 iron draw to a right back pin - knuckleheaded luck! :D k2hg0zjq4r2u.jpg

• Like 1

BAG ONE:                                                                                                   BAG TWO:
D - Callaway Rogue ST Max D                                               - Cobra F9 Tour Length  

5 -  Ping G425 Max 5(16.5)                                                    3 -  TEE C721 Pro 3 HL(16.5)

H - Callaway Mav P (18) Titleist TS2 (21)                              H - TM SF 2.0 (18) & (21)

I -  Titleist T300 4                                                                   I -  Taylormade SIM Max 4      
I -  Titleist T100 5-P/MR KK TiNi 105                                     I -  Taylormade P760 5-P/Recoils 110 F4

W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58                                        W - Vokey SM8 52, Vokey SM6 58 
P - Bellum Winmore Midi  787                                                - Guerin TS Black 370

I feel like the total opposite of everyone in this thread. I have had two hole in ones (should have had 3 but someone improperly replaced the pin on a 325 yard par 4). I’ve only holed out one shot from over 50 yards (and it was from 190 for an albatross).

Rogue ST Max LS (8.0), Tensei CK Pro White 70TX 

Cobra Aerojet (13.5), Tensei CK Pro White 70TX

TSi2 (18), Tensei AV Raw White 85TX

U85 (22), X100

i210 (5-UW), X100

T20 (55.09, 60.06), S400

35” Daddy Long Legs

Srixon Z-Star XV

never a hole in one yet, hit the pin 2 times and proceeded to have to chip back on both times.

2nd hole out yesterday walking at

my local course with the wife to save par , just over 70 yards. she was more excited then i was!

the next hole she made her first putt that was over 10 feet, it was every bit of 30 feet, she then proceeded to fall apart because she kept talking about that damn putt haha. fun day

I’ve been inside a foot close to a dozen times including one hanging on the lip, but I’m still waiting for my first hole in one.

I’ve holed out maybe 10 times. Anywhere from Eagle to Bogey.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Outside 50 yards I think I have had 7 hole outs I can think of. Two of those were for albatrosses. I’ve had two and a half holes in one. The half was on a pitch and putt course.

Ping G430 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump x
Srixon ZX Utility 19 C-taper S+

Srixon ZX7 4-AW C-taper S+

Vokey SM9 54F and 58C

Odyssey Eleven Tour-Lined Slant

Funny how those things work... My very first birdie was a 40yd hole-out, and I've jarred the same hole twice for eagle. Still in the 0 hole-in-one club.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

I've been playing golf for 20 years (although about 10 of them I only played 4-5 times per year) and I don't have any hole in one's BUT I do have 3 double eagles. One from 245 out and the others were shorter par fives and were less than 200 yards. I actually only saw one of them drop. I've hit the pin a few times and have had a few 6 inch birdies on par 3's but haven't had the hole in one yet. Hopefully this year with my new babies (miura cb's)

• Like 1

Sorry didnt read all post but if I may.

1, Ace, Multiple to many to remember hole outs.

To me multiple factors

1) Par 3 Aces in general the setup of the hole, due to the nature of a Par3 the setup is usually more protected, more danger and less bailouts due to the intent of being a Par3

2) Hole outs on Par 4 and Par 5's are the exact opposite, of above, Green shapes are cut different and size difference. the intended approach shot is also taken into account in essence generically speaking the approach shot should be 150 yards on average (work with me here) So the dispersion of a 150 yard shot can vary. less likely guarded and more bailouts so the hole is likely more inviting than the common Par 3

3) Finally and I think personally the greatest affect... Stress by playing partners.... Most time Par 3's with my groups all have "closes" to the pins that not only enhance the stress, But that also means possible everyone or mutiple people are watching. Prying eyes on the Teebox add the stress... What I mean is all 4 players are likely sitting there dissecting your shot and in close proximity. compared to a fairway approach when everyone is likely by their own ball and people are watching from afar.....

So YUPS aces are surely rare.... in comparison to hole outs (outside of the obligatory stated above 14 chances of Hole outs vs 4 chances of aces)

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 649mbs-PW-6 ,639 CBs-5-4   PX 6.0 Rifles - Incoming Sub70 659CB!!!!!!!
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Exactice808 said:

> Sorry didnt read all post but if I may.

> 1, Ace, Multiple to many to remember hole outs.

> To me multiple factors

> 1) Par 3 Aces in general the setup of the hole, due to the nature of a Par3 the setup is usually more protected, more danger and less bailouts due to the intent of being a Par3

>

> 2) Hole outs on Par 4 and Par 5's are the exact opposite, of above, Green shapes are cut different and size difference. the intended approach shot is also taken into account in essence generically speaking the approach shot should be 150 yards on average (work with me here) So the dispersion of a 150 yard shot can vary. less likely guarded and more bailouts so the hole is likely more inviting than the common Par 3

>

> 3) Finally and I think personally the greatest affect... Stress by playing partners.... Most time Par 3's with my groups all have "closes" to the pins that not only enhance the stress, But that also means possible everyone or mutiple people are watching. Prying eyes on the Teebox add the stress... What I mean is all 4 players are likely sitting there dissecting your shot and in close proximity. compared to a fairway approach when everyone is likely by their own ball and people are watching from afar.....

>

>

> So YUPS aces are surely rare.... in comparison to hole outs (outside of the obligatory stated above 14 chances of Hole outs vs 4 chances of aces)

What do you consider a "hole out" ? Does a chip from around the green count ?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @Exactice808 said:

> > Sorry didnt read all post but if I may.

> > 1, Ace, Multiple to many to remember hole outs.

> > To me multiple factors

> > 1) Par 3 Aces in general the setup of the hole, due to the nature of a Par3 the setup is usually more protected, more danger and less bailouts due to the intent of being a Par3

> >

> > 2) Hole outs on Par 4 and Par 5's are the exact opposite, of above, Green shapes are cut different and size difference. the intended approach shot is also taken into account in essence generically speaking the approach shot should be 150 yards on average (work with me here) So the dispersion of a 150 yard shot can vary. less likely guarded and more bailouts so the hole is likely more inviting than the common Par 3

> >

> > 3) Finally and I think personally the greatest affect... Stress by playing partners.... Most time Par 3's with my groups all have "closes" to the pins that not only enhance the stress, But that also means possible everyone or mutiple people are watching. Prying eyes on the Teebox add the stress... What I mean is all 4 players are likely sitting there dissecting your shot and in close proximity. compared to a fairway approach when everyone is likely by their own ball and people are watching from afar.....

> >

> >

> > So YUPS aces are surely rare.... in comparison to hole outs (outside of the obligatory stated above 14 chances of Hole outs vs 4 chances of aces)

>

> What do you consider a "hole out" ? Does a chip from around the green count ?

per the OP it was 100-200 yards? So chip in's around the greens were not qualifiers for THIS discussion only?

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Exactice808 said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @Exactice808 said:

> > > Sorry didnt read all post but if I may.

> > > 1, Ace, Multiple to many to remember hole outs.

> > > To me multiple factors

> > > 1) Par 3 Aces in general the setup of the hole, due to the nature of a Par3 the setup is usually more protected, more danger and less bailouts due to the intent of being a Par3

> > >

> > > 2) Hole outs on Par 4 and Par 5's are the exact opposite, of above, Green shapes are cut different and size difference. the intended approach shot is also taken into account in essence generically speaking the approach shot should be 150 yards on average (work with me here) So the dispersion of a 150 yard shot can vary. less likely guarded and more bailouts so the hole is likely more inviting than the common Par 3

> > >

> > > 3) Finally and I think personally the greatest affect... Stress by playing partners.... Most time Par 3's with my groups all have "closes" to the pins that not only enhance the stress, But that also means possible everyone or mutiple people are watching. Prying eyes on the Teebox add the stress... What I mean is all 4 players are likely sitting there dissecting your shot and in close proximity. compared to a fairway approach when everyone is likely by their own ball and people are watching from afar.....

> > >

> > >

> > > So YUPS aces are surely rare.... in comparison to hole outs (outside of the obligatory stated above 14 chances of Hole outs vs 4 chances of aces)

> >

> > What do you consider a "hole out" ? Does a chip from around the green count ?

>

> per the OP it was 100-200 yards? So chip in's around the greens were not qualifiers for THIS discussion only?

You shoot in the mid 80s IIRC. And you're fairly young ?

And you've holed out "too many times to remember" ? Please excuse me but that sounds a bit unusual.

Titleist Pro V1X

1 ace, last year. A few hole outs from right around 100 yds, and way too many to count from 25 and in. I have already had 4 or 5 this season. Ironically my first birdie this season was a pitch from about 15 yds.

In the bag

Driver: Taylormade Sim2 Max 9*

4w: Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero

Hybrid:  Apex 19 3h 20*

Hybrid:  Apex 19 4h 23*

Irons: Callaway Apex CF 19 5i-AW

W1: Vokey SM7 54* S

W2: Vokey SM8 60* L

Putter: Swag Handsome Too

> @nsxguy said:

> > @Exactice808 said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @Exactice808 said:

> > > > Sorry didnt read all post but if I may.

> > > > 1, Ace, Multiple to many to remember hole outs.

> > > > To me multiple factors

> > > > 1) Par 3 Aces in general the setup of the hole, due to the nature of a Par3 the setup is usually more protected, more danger and less bailouts due to the intent of being a Par3

> > > >

> > > > 2) Hole outs on Par 4 and Par 5's are the exact opposite, of above, Green shapes are cut different and size difference. the intended approach shot is also taken into account in essence generically speaking the approach shot should be 150 yards on average (work with me here) So the dispersion of a 150 yard shot can vary. less likely guarded and more bailouts so the hole is likely more inviting than the common Par 3

> > > >

> > > > 3) Finally and I think personally the greatest affect... Stress by playing partners.... Most time Par 3's with my groups all have "closes" to the pins that not only enhance the stress, But that also means possible everyone or mutiple people are watching. Prying eyes on the Teebox add the stress... What I mean is all 4 players are likely sitting there dissecting your shot and in close proximity. compared to a fairway approach when everyone is likely by their own ball and people are watching from afar.....

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > So YUPS aces are surely rare.... in comparison to hole outs (outside of the obligatory stated above 14 chances of Hole outs vs 4 chances of aces)

> > >

> > > What do you consider a "hole out" ? Does a chip from around the green count ?

> >

> > per the OP it was 100-200 yards? So chip in's around the greens were not qualifiers for THIS discussion only?

>

> You shoot in the mid 80s IIRC. And you're fairly young ?

>

> And you've holed out "too many times to remember" ? Please excuse me but that sounds a bit unusual.

Sorry the sentence was incomplete. my apologies. "To many times to remember a specific count" With that I know I have had more than 10 holes outs over the 7 years I have played solid golf and again dont remember but surely had a few more during my random total career. To me that is a lot? Pure dumb luck. NO skill invovled Whats your point?

Yes I am fairly young but I am in an industry that allows me a great deal of golf and flexibility. Up to this year (2019) I had the ability to log an average of about 75 rounds per year the last 7 years so per my Tax records prior to 2018's inability to write off green fees I have about 525 rounds of golf, in the last 7 years? So lots of holes and chance to get lucky?

What does my average score of 80's have anything to do with it as well as my age? Sorry if my post was misleading as 10+ but less then 20 to me is a lot? Sorry dont have a tally as I dont take much thought of a hole out from 100+ as anything more than dumb luck?

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @Exactice808 said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @Exactice808 said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > @Exactice808 said:

> > > > > Sorry didnt read all post but if I may.

> > > > > 1, Ace, Multiple to many to remember hole outs.

> > > > > To me multiple factors

> > > > > 1) Par 3 Aces in general the setup of the hole, due to the nature of a Par3 the setup is usually more protected, more danger and less bailouts due to the intent of being a Par3

> > > > >

> > > > > 2) Hole outs on Par 4 and Par 5's are the exact opposite, of above, Green shapes are cut different and size difference. the intended approach shot is also taken into account in essence generically speaking the approach shot should be 150 yards on average (work with me here) So the dispersion of a 150 yard shot can vary. less likely guarded and more bailouts so the hole is likely more inviting than the common Par 3

> > > > >

> > > > > 3) Finally and I think personally the greatest affect... Stress by playing partners.... Most time Par 3's with my groups all have "closes" to the pins that not only enhance the stress, But that also means possible everyone or mutiple people are watching. Prying eyes on the Teebox add the stress... What I mean is all 4 players are likely sitting there dissecting your shot and in close proximity. compared to a fairway approach when everyone is likely by their own ball and people are watching from afar.....

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > So YUPS aces are surely rare.... in comparison to hole outs (outside of the obligatory stated above 14 chances of Hole outs vs 4 chances of aces)

> > > >

> > > > What do you consider a "hole out" ? Does a chip from around the green count ?

> > >

> > > per the OP it was 100-200 yards? So chip in's around the greens were not qualifiers for THIS discussion only?

> >

> > You shoot in the mid 80s IIRC. And you're fairly young ?

> >

> > And you've holed out "too many times to remember" ? Please excuse me but that sounds a bit unusual.

>

> Sorry the sentence was incomplete. my apologies. "To many times to remember a specific count" With that I know I have had more than 10 holes outs over the 7 years I have played solid golf and again dont remember but surely had a few more during my random total career. To me that is a lot? Pure dumb luck. NO skill invovled Whats your point?

> Yes I am fairly young but I am in an industry that allows me a great deal of golf and flexibility. Up to this year (2019) I had the ability to log an average of about 75 rounds per year the last 7 years so per my Tax records prior to 2018's inability to write off green fees I have about 525 rounds of golf, in the last 7 years? So lots of holes and chance to get lucky?

>

> What does my average score of 80's have anything to do with it as well as my age? Sorry if my post was misleading as 10+ but less then 20 to me is a lot? Sorry dont have a tally as I dont take much thought of a hole out from 100+ as anything more than dumb luck?

>

>

Seems like I ruffled your feathers. Sorry. That wasn't my intent.

My point is simply that more than 10 hole outs over 7 years sounds like a lot. But now it sounds like a "best guess".

It sounds like a lot to me because I've been between a 2 and a 4 for over 20 years at my home course and can only remember 4 hole outs on full shots. 3 of them were lob wedges on the same short par 4 and the other one a full SW on another short par 4.

The only 3 other hole outs I can remember are those I never saw go in the hole; 2 double eagles and 1 hole in one. The only other 2 hole outs, on "away" courses, were both 8 irons from about 140 that went in for eagles. Other than those I can't remember any others.

To ME, hole outs are very memorable given their rarity (although I do confess I don't have the greatness memory but,,,,)

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @Exactice808 said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @Exactice808 said:

> > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > @Exactice808 said:

> > > > > > Sorry didnt read all post but if I may.

> > > > > > 1, Ace, Multiple to many to remember hole outs.

> > > > > > To me multiple factors

> > > > > > 1) Par 3 Aces in general the setup of the hole, due to the nature of a Par3 the setup is usually more protected, more danger and less bailouts due to the intent of being a Par3

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 2) Hole outs on Par 4 and Par 5's are the exact opposite, of above, Green shapes are cut different and size difference. the intended approach shot is also taken into account in essence generically speaking the approach shot should be 150 yards on average (work with me here) So the dispersion of a 150 yard shot can vary. less likely guarded and more bailouts so the hole is likely more inviting than the common Par 3

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 3) Finally and I think personally the greatest affect... Stress by playing partners.... Most time Par 3's with my groups all have "closes" to the pins that not only enhance the stress, But that also means possible everyone or mutiple people are watching. Prying eyes on the Teebox add the stress... What I mean is all 4 players are likely sitting there dissecting your shot and in close proximity. compared to a fairway approach when everyone is likely by their own ball and people are watching from afar.....

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So YUPS aces are surely rare.... in comparison to hole outs (outside of the obligatory stated above 14 chances of Hole outs vs 4 chances of aces)

> > > > >

> > > > > What do you consider a "hole out" ? Does a chip from around the green count ?

> > > >

> > > > per the OP it was 100-200 yards? So chip in's around the greens were not qualifiers for THIS discussion only?

> > >

> > > You shoot in the mid 80s IIRC. And you're fairly young ?

> > >

> > > And you've holed out "too many times to remember" ? Please excuse me but that sounds a bit unusual.

> >

> > Sorry the sentence was incomplete. my apologies. "To many times to remember a specific count" With that I know I have had more than 10 holes outs over the 7 years I have played solid golf and again dont remember but surely had a few more during my random total career. To me that is a lot? Pure dumb luck. NO skill invovled Whats your point?

> > Yes I am fairly young but I am in an industry that allows me a great deal of golf and flexibility. Up to this year (2019) I had the ability to log an average of about 75 rounds per year the last 7 years so per my Tax records prior to 2018's inability to write off green fees I have about 525 rounds of golf, in the last 7 years? So lots of holes and chance to get lucky?

> >

> > What does my average score of 80's have anything to do with it as well as my age? Sorry if my post was misleading as 10+ but less then 20 to me is a lot? Sorry dont have a tally as I dont take much thought of a hole out from 100+ as anything more than dumb luck?

> >

> >

>

> Seems like I ruffled your feathers. Sorry. That wasn't my intent.

>

> My point is simply that more than 10 hole outs over 7 years sounds like a lot. But now it sounds like a "best guess".

>

> It sounds like a lot to me because I've been between a 2 and a 4 for over 20 years at my home course and can only remember 4 hole outs on full shots. 3 of them were lob wedges on the same short par 4 and the other one a full SW on another short par 4.

>

> The only 3 other hole outs I can remember are those I never saw go in the hole; 2 double eagles and 1 hole in one. The only other 2 hole outs, on "away" courses, were both 8 irons from about 140 that went in for eagles. Other than those I can't remember any others.

>

> To ME, hole outs are very memorable given their rarity (although I do confess I don't have the greatness memory but,,,,)

Thanks for the clarification and sorry for being so sensitive my apologies. I took a hiatus from GolfWRX (got heavy on a political forum and decided to quit that madness, so Im still being a little sensitive LOL!) please excuse my bruised feelings especially when It seems my integrity is being called out.

10+ hole outs ARE a lot that was my point. With that again it is a "best" guess as you stated as well has I have not kept an honest tally.

Actually now that we got my hurt feelings out of the way LOL! We can discuss the FULL portion of my post that I typed in relation to why I felt hole outs 100+ yards out are more than Hole in ones.

1) I think I posted in another thread my common course yardages were I play is about 6200 , I hit the ball fairly long about 240-250 carry on average drives and whatever god willing total yardage, it can be 241 yards or 300 yards... This for a 6200 yardage course puts MOST par 4 with a 8 or 9 iron at longest and many more with a PW & GW. MY 8iron is about 155, 9iron is 145, PW is 135 and AW is about 120. I do play short course.

2) I have ZERO double eagles but I have "a lot of" Eagles on par 5 as with these short courses ( par 5 are 480-550) leaving very reachable in 2 for Par 5s. again edifying that all my hole outs are in scoring iron range, no 4,5,6 irons and no woods. just 8-GW.

3) With the decent long golf I have and short courses. it gives me a pretty decent advantage to get a lucky hole out from 150 and in, I will say if my memory serves me right MOST hole outs were between 150-100 that 50 yard span.

4) Next is the hole lay outs , MOST approaching Par 4s that I do remember my hole outs? wide front green middle pin huge bail out to the back and maybe a trap on one side or another. I can get luck close my eyes and skull a ball up to the green and pray for a hole out..... funny part is.... I remember 2 of my hole outs were dumb skulls..... kinda missed the ball but the ball rolled , green was cut with "bowl" ball rolled towards center of the green and what do you know

4a) Par 3 are No where NEAR as inviting, cut to benefit a roll and most are either well guarded or tucked/sucker pins.

5) Finally is PURE luck...... Honestly and again why I dont hold hole outs too much over the only Hole in one where I have my ball in a case with the newspaper clipping with my name on it..... Some people are just lucky some people are not, MY golfing group is so odd.. 1 partner's father has 14 hole in ones. he was a single digit easy....same playing partner has 4 HIOs, my other playing partner that likely has 5,000+ rounds of golf (he is older 58 plays 2-3 times a week) Has ZERO Hole in ones...I probably have at best 1000 rounds total yet, he has not a singe hole in one? he is a high single or very low double digit. This partner though has a LOT more hole outs than me in the same span of playing 7 years together on a consistent basis due to his ability and style of play.

in closing..... Trying to hit a swish with a basketball 5 ft away, and trying to swish a golf ball 100 yards away is pure dumb luck... rolling the ball up is the higher probability and 100-150 yards the ball is "usually" in the air unless its a dead skull or miss..... so for me....yups its all luck.

TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

> @"DFS PFD" said:

> 1 hole in 1 and 0 hole outs from over 50 yards in 10+ years of being below a 5 HC.

This is me but I'm a 7 HC. Chipped in a ton of times, but never have holed out past I'd say 75 yards.

WITB:

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9° 

Fairway Wood: Taylormade SIM TI 15°, Titleist 917F2 18°

Irons: Ping i210 4-UW

Wedges: Titleist SM8 S-Grind 54°, 58°

Putter: Nike BC-01 33"