Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

2019 Ping G410 Driver - Plus and SFT photos

124»

Comments

• MattM97MattM97  624Posted: Members Posts: 624
    Tested both the G400 and G410 in a fitting as I'm in need of a new driver. My setup for both was:

G400 SFT - Accra Tour Z Extreme 465 M4 shaft

G410 Plus - Set to draw - Tour 65S shaft

Both setups would cost me the same if not very similar. Both performed well for me, better launch and spin on the G410. So will be going with that also there is more room for improvement in the G410 for me, the G400 SFT was basically maxed out at that setup.

Looks wise don't mind the crown, kinda help me setup. Excited to hit that whenever i get it.
    Posted:
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S
    Hybrid: Ping G410 - 19° - Alta CB 70R
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Miura KM-006LH - Toulon Sand Diego - and many more.
    Balls: TaylorMade TP5X
    Bag: Ping Pioneer
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • woods991woods991 believeland 2439Posted: ClubWRX Posts: 2,439

Just got fitted as well and I must say it is a better driver than the MAX, ordered mine with Fuji Evo IV 661 playing at 45 great driver. I will also mention that the MAX is one of the best Ping offerings all of their Staffers switched to the 410 (most of them atleast).

Posted:
    Signature of Solon CC
    Callaway Epic Flash (Tour Issue) 10.5 Aldila Rogue Black 130 MSI 60 TR 45"
    Callaway Epic Flash 13.5 Diamana Thump 65s 
    Titleist 917 f2 18* Diamana Thump 70s
    Mizuno Jpx 919 Hot Metal Nippon Modus3 Pro 105s
    Cleveland CBX2 50 KBS Tour Custom,Cleveland RTX4 54,58 Nippon Modus3
    Evnroll ER9 Superstroke ultra slim 1.0p 33”
  • juggernaut0629juggernaut0629  1039Posted: Members Posts: 1,039

I hit my 410+ today after waiting 3 weeks. Tensei orange 70 X
    44.5" D8. ( hotmelt added neutral but slightly forward ) 9* dropped -1.5*

This driver is an absolute monster. I really thought the F9 was going in the bag until I hit the 410.

I have struggled to find a driver setup that keeps me at consistent low spin numbers with max carry. Not anymore. I've found it in this setup.

The feel is BETTER THAN THE F9, i didn't think I'd ever say that after hitting my F9. The sound is a dull muted , but solid, click. Yeah....a Ping sounding like a composite. To say the best , for sound AND feel....to me it's almost like if a composite & persimmon driver had a baby....it would be a 410+ with hot melt.
    Distance was longer than my current gamer. (G LST ) and the F9.

Easy to turn over, easy to fade....completely workable in both directions. Very straight driver.
    I wonder if the hot melt was the difference that made this driver that good. Highly recommend it.
    Everyone else can keep their epic flash, F9, m5......let them game inferior clubs. This Ping is the real deal.

Posted:
    Ping G LST 9*
    Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
    X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
    Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
    Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*
  • SMUGamerSMUGamer  570Posted: Members Posts: 570

I didn't read this entire thread so does anyone know if Ping is coming out with a G410 LST? I heard they couldn't beat the performance of the G400 LST and were not going to produce a 410 LST but that just doesn't sound right.

Posted:
  • Vandeventer928Vandeventer928  9Posted: Members Posts: 9

Cosmetically I like the 400 a lot more.

Posted:
  • ace036ace036  2026Posted: Members Posts: 2,026

I’ve read some conflicting info regarding the Tensi Orange available through Ping and the aftermarket Tensi Orange. According to some these are two different shafts... Can anyone shed some more insight and clarification into these claims?

Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5° - Fujikura Speeder Evolution V 757x
    Titleist TS3 16.5° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7x
    Srixon Z U85 20° - KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 85 s+
    Titleist 718 AP2 (4-PW) - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 50.08F - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 54.10S - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 58.08M - Project X 6.0
    Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

Advertisement
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OH 2197Posted: Members Posts: 2,197

@ace036 said:
    I’ve read some conflicting info regarding the Tensi Orange available through Ping and the aftermarket Tensi Orange. According to some these are two different shafts... Can anyone shed some more insight and clarification into these claims?

No clue on Tensi Orange. PING always lists cut weight on their shafts not raw, just an FYI. I doubt it’s a made for knowing PING. One of great things about project x. All same. Have Evenflow Black in my G410 driver. Amazing driver! Hitting it long for me and not worried about the left side miss anymore.

Posted:
    PING G410 9* PX Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    PING G410 LST 3w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 5w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 4-PW AWT 2 0 stiff
    PING Stealth Glide 2.0 50ss/54ss/58ss
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • IDrive300FsportIDrive300Fsport Alpine,UT 110Posted: ClubWRX Posts: 110

Can anyone chime in on wether the adjustable weigh actually alters the ball flight? Only review I can find is Rick Shiels. From his testing it does seem to alter ball flight, but that can also be his swing. But hard to go by his data from a few shots.

Posted:
  • craz-ecraz-e  4238Posted: Members Posts: 4,238

@IDrive300Fsport said:
    Can anyone chime in on wether the adjustable weigh actually alters the ball flight? Only review I can find is Rick Shiels. From his testing it does seem to alter ball flight, but that can also be his swing. But hard to go by his data from a few shots.

TXG just did a pretty good review where they changed the weights and also face angle with the sleeve, worth a watch

Posted:
    Driver = Ping G410 Plus even flow black 6.0
    3 wood = Ping G410 Tour S
    Hybrid = Ping G410 Tour S
    Irons = Titleist 718 CB
    Wedges = Titleist Vokey SM6 52*, 56*

= Ping Glide 3.0 eye 2 60* 
    Putter = Wilson Staff 8882
    Ball = Titleist AVX
  • Carolina Golfer 2Carolina Golfer 2  9240Posted: Members Posts: 9,240

@SMUGamer said:
    I didn't read this entire thread so does anyone know if Ping is coming out with a G410 LST? I heard they couldn't beat the performance of the G400 LST and were not going to produce a 410 LST but that just doesn't sound right.

The LST Version will be out by the end of May.

@ace036 said:

It is the real deal Tensi

@IDrive300Fsport said:

Yes it does affect the flight. The 410+ set in draw offers 9 more yards of draw flight then neutral. Same for fade setting offering 9 more yards of Fade vs neutral.

Posted:
    Titleist TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Sr Flex
    PING G410 FW SFT 3, 7 and  G410 9 
    PING G410 Hybrid 5 
    PING G700 6-W KBS Alta CB R
    Vokey  50.10, 54.10 58..12
    Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 

• Pleasedwith3puttsPleasedwith3putts  1744Posted: Members Posts: 1,744

It is the real deal Tensei CK orange - not to be mistaken with the CK pro orange which has a different profile and materials

Posted:

Advertisement
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OH 2197Posted: Members Posts: 2,197

@Carolina Golfer 2 said:

@SMUGamer said:

@ace036 said:

@IDrive300Fsport said:

Yes it does affect the flight. The 410+ set in draw offers 9 more yards of draw flight then neutral. Same for fade setting offering 9 more yards of Fade vs neutral.

Straightest driver I've ever hit. Set to flat lie and weight in fade. Almost impossible to miss left now.

Posted:
    PING G410 9* PX Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    PING G410 LST 3w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 5w PX Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    PING G410 4-PW AWT 2 0 stiff
    PING Stealth Glide 2.0 50ss/54ss/58ss
    PING Sigam G Tyne
  • Arlin964Arlin964  110Posted: Members Posts: 110

I am loving my G410+. 9 degree head set to the small plus and weight in the draw setting, I felt like I couldn’t miss a fairway last weekend. I used to consistently fight a fade that often turned into a slice. A bad swing could easily result in a big fat slice or a massive overcorrection hook. With the G410 and my Accra FX 2.0 250 M4, I’m finding consistent middle of the face impact. Something about that setup just works for me. In fact, last week my playing partner said I was driving it the best he’s seen from me.

Posted:
    TaylorMade R1 10.5*
    Ping Anser 3w
    Callaway Rogue X - 3h, 4h, 5h
    Nickent 6DX - 6-PW
    Wilson Staff PMP 50*
    Cleveland CBX 56*
    Odyssey #7s O-Works
  • littled1212littled1212 Nuts  1009Posted: Members Posts: 1,009

@LaymanM said:

@Carolina Golfer 2 said:

@SMUGamer said:

@ace036 said:

@IDrive300Fsport said:

Straightest driver I've ever hit. Set to flat lie and weight in fade. Almost impossible to miss left now. How flat can you set it? Degrees

Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file