Cobra's new King F9 Speedback Driver, Woods, Hybrids and Irons (NO BUY SELL TRADE POSTS)

GolfWRX

> @Mob said:

> Can people comment on their experience with weight back vs. forward? I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with this club yet, but on the range, I seem to get better dispersion with the weight back, without sacrificing distance. I haven't had the opportunity yet to see the difference in performance on the course

I prefer it with the heavier weight back. I've got a 10g forward and 18g back- dispersion is a lot better for me in this set-up. It is definitely more forgiving in this configuration, in addition to sounding and feeling better (Still sounds/feels great with heavy weight up front). I dropped loft by 1* when I shifted the heavier weight back to keep the spin where I wanted it. It still launches plenty well for me at 8*. I'm not really seeing a difference in distance between the weight settings. I think the possibility of an insanely long drive is higher with the heavy weight forward, but I was a little bit all over the place with the heavy weight up front. I actually liked 14g forward and 10g back, or even flip flopped, but needed a few more grams for swingweight. Once I get rid of the cobra arccos grip set up, which weighs a ton, I can put a 50g weight on an drop some weight in the head back to the 14-10 configuration.

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

Still up and down with the driver, but have swapped out with my Epic and not hitting that very good either right now, but.....

The Tour fairway woods are the business, hitting the strong 3 wood better than the driver, they are amazing.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Definitely don’t understand all the physics part but mine “came alive” when I moved the heavy weight forward.

DRIVER -     PXG Gen 4 0811X - 8* | 🔥PROXIMA 5S🔥
2 WD -         PXG Gen 4  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

5 / 7 WD-    PXG Gen 5 | Project X Riptide CB 4.0 40g Ladies 

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
GRIPS -       JUMBOMAX ULTRALIGHT XL
PUTTER -   LAB DF 3.0 
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

> @hurley999s said:

> > @ian-500 said:

> > Anyone know the 'standard' head weight of the driver? Mine is 196g with just the 14g and 2g weights and I'm wondering how Cobra got it to D4 sw playing at 44 1/4...

>

> Probably your shaft, no? I noticed 7x...I’m thinking otherwise if it was a 60 series cut to that length you’d be a lot lighter.

I see what you're saying, but the 7x is on the 'lighter side' of the 70g range. Having read on this thread about tour length drivers and the subsequent different head weight screws, just surprised mine didn't have these 'weights' installed too. Anyway, it feels fantastic.

Driver: still looking.....
4 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 17.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW70x @ 42 1/2".

7 Wood: Kamui Pro TP-XF 22.5° + Fujikura Speeder Evolution VI FW80x @ 41 3/4".
Irons: Kamui Pro KP-102 5i-PW + KBS TGI 110 + 1/2".
Wedges: Callaway Jaws Forged 50°/55°/60° + KBS C-Taper
Putter: SeeMore SB1 + Accra FX300.

> @Mob said:

> Can people comment on their experience with weight back vs. forward? I haven't been able to spend a lot of time with this club yet, but on the range, I seem to get better dispersion with the weight back, without sacrificing distance. I haven't had the opportunity yet to see the difference in performance on the course

I'll hopefully do a comparison test on the course tomorrow with TP5 balls and report back. Let's hope I swing the same for both swings right! B)

> @monkeyboy said:

> > @DatSliceDoe said:

> > Any thoughts on the HZRDUS Red vs Smoke vs Black? Is the order of launch from highest to lowest as I've stated in the last sentence? Or is it something different?

> >

> > Has anyone ordered their club with the HZRDUS Smoke Black in the 70g offering?

> >

> > I've recently increased my driver launch through coaching, and the Red 6.0 I'm playing in my LTD @ 10.5* feels good, but now launches quite high. I tried a Smoke 6.0 - 60g in the F9 at 9* and it seemed lower launching, but felt light (actual gram weight 59). I'm looking to buy the F9 Tour length since my current LTD setup is 44.5" as is.

> >

> > I play a Black 6.0 75g in my 4W, but think the Black would be too low launching for driver.

> >

> > I'm considering a move from my Red 6.0 65g (actual gram weight 62) to the Smoke 6.0 70g (actual gram weight 68). Am I thinking this through correctly?

> >

> I ordered an F9 with a Smoke Black 70 stiff...but I actually am using the shaft from my F8+ (Aldila Rougue Silver 70) - just works better for me. I can sell the Rogue Smoke 70 still if you want to make a deal.

>

Thanks for the offer, but I've got some PUD with Cobra directly. I think I'll order with the smoke 70 and see how it goes. If not, I have the red to fall back on or can go shaft hunting in the BST.

3yds longer distance when middled for heavy weight back, and slightly more forgiving. Strangely it also seemed to launch lower. However I preferred the sound/feel of heavy weight forward.

More testing needed.

Currently thinking about picking up one of the F9 driver heads from the forums here. Where would be a good place to buy a shaft for it? Direct from Cobra? I play my current driver (Nike VRS Covert) at 44.5", so looking to grab a tour length shaft for the F9. Also, don't have much experience with shafts, but what would be a good option for a regular flex shaft?

> @raheelc said:

> Currently thinking about picking up one of the F9 driver heads from the forums here. Where would be a good place to buy a shaft for it? Direct from Cobra? I play my current driver (Nike VRS Covert) at 44.5", so looking to grab a tour length shaft for the F9. Also, don't have much experience with shafts, but what would be a good option for a regular flex shaft?

You can go thru cobra sure. Maple Hill golf has some shafts. Ebay will have some too.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

I keep flipping back and forth between the F9 and M5. M5 seems to be much more consistent for my swing but when hit well the feel, sound and results of the F9 are hard to beat!

TaylorMade Qi10 LS- GD DI 7TX

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 3W- GD DI 8TX

TaylorMade Qi10 Tour 2HY- GD DI 105X

TaylorMade P770 3i MMT 125TX

TaylorMade P7MB- 4-PW MMT 125TX

TaylorMade MG4 54/60- MMT 125 TX

L.A.B. Mezz 1

Caved.

F9 9* came in. Swingweight was at D1-ish with the stock Smoke 6.5 60 shaft. Head weighed 195g.

Tipped up a Synergy Black 60TX to play 44-3/4” and put lead tape around the back weight to bring the SW up to D4.

So going to start with the 14g up front, 8-ish grams in the back and dialed down to 8.

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

I just hit the F9 for the first time today at my local Golf Galaxy. I have to say ... I really didn't like it. May have been the shaft (Atmos). Could not get remotely close to my normal drives. Just came from the range bombing my F8+ right around 260-270. I felt like the F9 had a smaller face and was harder to middle.

Callaway (OG) Rogue SZ

TS2 Fairways

JPX 919 Tour (4-PW)

RTX4's 50, 56

BETTI QB6

I just ordered the F9 one length. My boss is playing the f7 one length and I played 9 with him the other day, I played his irons and was impressed. I have a 1 plane swing and these were really easy to hit straight. Hope this works lol.

Ping G425 
Ping G410
XR 16 3 and 4 Hybrid
Titleist T300 w/MMT 125s
SeeMore Putter
Vokey Wedges

> @Mob said:

I find that it's a wee more forgiving with the weight in the back. It's also more spinney for me.

I also have the tour weights. Made the head a little heavier anyways as I'm playing with 43.75 inch shaft. I like the heavier weight in the front, keeps the spin around 2300 for me.

I hit one of the longest drives I've ever had on the 3rd hole at my local track. All's I know is I REALLY REALLY REALLY like this F9.

Played the F9 5-6 fairway wood with senior shaft and just amazing. This is easily the best fairway wood I have ever hit, and I got a bunch. So impressed I just got the 7-8 to go with it. Nice, high boring shot, it goes. Confidence with this is the all time highest.

Bag is in overhaul mode

Clubs identify as hacker set

I'm waiting for some more weights, right now I have heavy weight forward with some lead tape toe side, It's at D0 or D1 depending on which shaft I have in it and I like it closer to D2 personally. Fore me it feels balanced and doesn't seem too punitive with the weight forward. I am seeing 300 rpm or so less spin this way.

The bigger learning curve for me has been the face. I get much better results with lower half strikes than high half strikes. The ball seems to launch a bit higher than I'd like for strikes just north of midline and I feel like I'm losing some carry. Conversely I hit some absolute flat bombs with strikes that were slightly below the midine, and some drives that I would say surprised me on strikes that were well low of center. The good result zone seems large... But there is a very tiny "Nuke" zone that is magic, and I've hit some balls to places I've never even thought of before on holes and courses I know well. I'm still working through some shafts though, but the issue for me is that the optimum set up changes depending on sweet low vs. sweet high.. The loft noticeably changes on either side of that imaginary latitudinal face line.

No doubt this has been discussed on this thread, likely more than once (call me lazy). Situation: F8+ shaft with F9 9 degree head. Trying to convert the adapter settings to determine say what would make the F9 play at 10.5. I'm thinking it'd be with F8+ shaft at 12 degrees.

I hit an F9 with my Even Flow and stock NV shafts today. It's a bomber but feels so soft and muffled. Impressed. My friend who plays a G400 hit the F9/Even Flow on last hole of the day and hit his longest drive ever on the 18th (jerk ?).

Cobra Aerojet 10.5 +1.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li S
Cobra LTDx 5w PX Hzrdus green 5.5

Cobra King Utility 20.5 Elements Chrome S 20.5

Mizuno 243 5-P DG S200
Corey Paul 52, 56, 60 
Mizuno OMOI 3 black 35"
Emeritus set:  Mizuno MP20 HMB 5, MMC 6-8, MP 9-P KBS C-taper Lite R 

> @FredWomble said:

> No doubt this has been discussed on this thread, likely more than once (call me lazy). Situation: F8+ shaft with F9 9 degree head. Trying to convert the adapter settings to determine say what would make the F9 play at 10.5. I'm thinking it'd be with F8+ shaft at 12 degrees.

>

> I hit an F9 with my Even Flow and stock NV shafts today. It's a bomber but feels so soft and muffled. Impressed. My friend who plays a G400 hit the F9/Even Flow on last hole of the day and hit his longest drive ever on the 18th (jerk ?).

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it would be the highest setting of 11* with the F8+ adapter. Neutral setting for the F8+ is 9.5*

Cobra LTDx 10.5* 

Cobra Tec 19* 
Titleist 818 H1   21*
Cobra Forged Tec 2022 Kbs $ taper stiff

Titleist SM8 54*- 58* TT AMT Black s300

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s
Maxfli Tour 2023

> @wayne18 said:

> Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it would be the highest setting of 11* with the F8+ adapter. Neutral setting for the F8+ is 9.5*

>

Thank you, wayne18... yeah, I know this should be pretty simple and intuitive, lol. Simplifying, I want to convert F8+ shafts to F9 9 degree head where the F9 will play at 10.5. I will say, after only hitting the F9 with Even Flow and NV 2KXV Blue on 4 holes, it feels even better than the F8+ which is (was?) in a class by itself in the feel/sound department IMO. Seeing my partner's reaction after he smashed one, first swing, that was a commercial moment.

Cobra Aerojet 10.5 +1.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li S
Cobra LTDx 5w PX Hzrdus green 5.5

Cobra King Utility 20.5 Elements Chrome S 20.5

Mizuno 243 5-P DG S200
Corey Paul 52, 56, 60 
Mizuno OMOI 3 black 35"
Emeritus set:  Mizuno MP20 HMB 5, MMC 6-8, MP 9-P KBS C-taper Lite R 

> @DatSliceDoe said:

> Can someone refresh my memory about the differences between the two lofted heads? Is one lower spin/loft/fade biased or am I wrong?

Heavy weight forward, light back = low launch / low spin - Fade. Heavy weight back, light forward = mid launch / spin, Draw more forgiving.

Wish I could play it with the heavy weight forward, but it really accentuates my fade (slice). lol When I caught it perfectly I hit some of the best drives I've ever hit, but it was way to inconsistent. Much better with the heavy weight in the rear, but not quite as long.

> @DatSliceDoe said:

> Can someone refresh my memory about the differences between the two lofted heads? Is one lower spin/loft/fade biased or am I wrong?

The 9degree head has a flatter lie angle making it a touch more fade bias than the 10.5. As others mentioned heavy weight forward will lower spin and launch, vice versa with heavy weight back.

> @Booker said:

> > @DatSliceDoe said:

> > Can someone refresh my memory about the differences between the two lofted heads? Is one lower spin/loft/fade biased or am I wrong?

>

> The 9degree head has a flatter lie angle making it a touch more fade bias than the 10.5. As others mentioned heavy weight forward will lower spin and launch, vice versa with heavy weight back.

I'll consider the 10.5, I already play the 10.5 LTD, but demo'd the 9* F9 and really did like it, but the stock HZRDUS shaft felt too light. I think the Smoke 70 would help, and it really is more of a 65g shaft anyhow.

I don't need anything to accentuate my already natural fade/slice (hence my username...) But, I've been working hard on it, and things are definitely improving back towards center.

So while I wait for my Atmos to come in (backordered) I have taken the F9 out with the Evenflow White and Hzrdus Black. Evenflow came with the club and I had the Hzrdus. Driver has been inconsistent at best. When I hit it well it goes, but I am really all over the place with it. Blocks, pulls, etc. I hope the Atmos solves that. Something about Fuji shafts and my mortal swing just seem to work. Brings me to the F9 3w with Atmos Blue 7x. Thing is money. Absolute money. Hit a pair of 260+ yard shots with it yesterday while playing (just stupid long for me - was even in wet conditions - humble brag part of post lol). Supremely confident in that thing. First 3w since the Ping G25 I can say this about.

If i cannot get the F9 driver dialed in I will either go back to my trusty LTD Pro or give the M5 a go - the M5 got very similar numbers for me.

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

> @"Lord Helmet" said:

> So while I wait for my Atmos to come in (backordered) I have taken the F9 out with the Evenflow White and Hzrdus Black. Evenflow came with the club and I had the Hzrdus. Driver has been inconsistent at best. When I hit it well it goes, but I am really all over the place with it. Blocks, pulls, etc. I hope the Atmos solves that. Something about Fuji shafts and my mortal swing just seem to work. Brings me to the F9 3w with Atmos Blue 7x. Thing is money. Absolute money. Hit a pair of 260+ yard shots with it yesterday while playing (just stupid long for me - was even in wet conditions - humble brag part of post lol). Supremely confident in that thing. First 3w since the Ping G25 I can say this about.

> If i cannot get the F9 driver dialed in I will either go back to my trusty LTD Pro or give the M5 a go - the M5 got very similar numbers for me.

It took me a minute to get my F9 dialed in, Right now I have weight forward, some lead tape toe side, a tour adapter set to 7 degrees fade and a 661 Speeder Evo TS and it's really really good. I have a 757 in the 3w too and frankly these are the best I have ever hit. Keep tweaking, it's worth getting it dialed in.