2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Linksoul Sunday Bag Mini Review

I picked up the Linksoul carry bag a month ago and thought I'd leave a little review being there is not a lot of info about it out there.

This is my first Sunday bag so I can't compare it to the likes of Jones or Stitch. This bag is incredibly lightweight and seem to be constructed with durable materials. I've play a couple rounds with wetter conditions and the nylon does a great job repelling water when you have to lay it down. I carry 9 clubs with an oversized putter grip and it handles that like a champ. I wouldn't recommend any more than that as it closes in real quick. A nifty 4 way divider top I haven't seen in any other bag. Good size ring for your towel and range finder. Not my favorite strap system as part of the shoulder straps connecting point is of the grab handle. Overall I've been pleased both the single and double carry options. I'm only carrying a few clubs so the straps aren't as big as a deal. If I were to be packing 14 and a couple cold ones it may be a different story.

I would have to say the best, and most surprising, thing about this bag is the storage! A full length apparel pocket that holds rain pants and a jacket. I have even stuffed a sweater in there too after shedding it on these bipolar spring days. That does max it out and makes it more difficult to retrieve clubs, but you could fix that by just not packing your rain gear. Big ball pocket, and four other smaller pockets for everything else. That's right, 6 pockets in a Sunday bag!

Overall I'm very impressed and would recommend. This thing is going to stick around for a while.

t7ly0zksb2b1.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @gibbiesmalls said:

> I love Sunday bags and yours looks great. What is the going rate?

>

$180. I got it for cheaper as I used a discount code from a podcast. Linksoul also has periodic 20% weekends so I'd keep an eye out for those. Full price seems a little too steep for me so I would definitely recommend waiting till you can find a deal.

Hi!

Thanks for the review and pictures, I've actually been looking at this bag so I found your input great! As you said, not a lot out there about it. Even on their website they give very little information and only one picture (apart from the high-speed video which doesn't show much).

Question: Even with your pictures, I'm having a difficult time telling how large this bag is. Do you know the top diameter? And I guess this is more of a personal opinion, but does it look more like a slim Sunday bag, or more like a normal size carry bag without legs? On the pictures it looks kind of bulky, but as I said it's difficult to really tell from pictures. I tend to like my Sunday bags on the slimmer side.

Cheers,

Max

> @Maximilian said:

> Question: Even with your pictures, I'm having a difficult time telling how large this bag is. Do you know the top diameter? And I guess this is more of a personal opinion, but does it look more like a slim Sunday bag, or more like a normal size carry bag without legs? On the pictures it looks kind of bulky, but as I said it's difficult to really tell from pictures. I tend to like my Sunday bags on the slimmer side.

>

> Cheers,

> Max

The top opening is 7 1/2", it has a small metal rod that runs the length of the bag for structure, but other than that the material is loose. Definitely smaller than a stand bag. In the pictures I've got my rain gear in the full length pocket so it makes the bag look bloated. The 7 1/2" top is similar to the Jones original I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

Did not want to start a new thread. Can't believe Linksoul actually did this but I've read many here asking for "Tour" issue clothing....

https://linksoul.com/collections/tour-collection

Ping G425 MAX w/Kioshi White 6S
TM Sim Rocket 3W w/AD DI8

Ping G425 Hybrid w/AD DI9
Ping Blueprint 4-9 w/SF110S
TM MG3 50, 56TW, 60TW w/MMT125
Ping PLD3
Pro v1

> @ATXHorn said:

> Did not want to start a new thread. Can't believe Linksoul actually did this but I've read many here asking for "Tour" issue clothing....

> https://linksoul.com/collections/tour-collection

One of the things that drew me to Linksoul originally was their desire to make a product that could be used more so much more than just golf. I'm not the kind of guy that's going to wear a Callaway micro fiber club logo polo to a family cookout. Completely understand the guys that do that, and I've got nothing against them. I just don't want to look like the "golf guy."

So I guess this is a interesting departure for them considering what their original mission statement was. But a logical move, I feel, for them to widen market share.

> @"Power fade" said:

> > @Maximilian said:

> > Question: Even with your pictures, I'm having a difficult time telling how large this bag is. Do you know the top diameter? And I guess this is more of a personal opinion, but does it look more like a slim Sunday bag, or more like a normal size carry bag without legs? On the pictures it looks kind of bulky, but as I said it's difficult to really tell from pictures. I tend to like my Sunday bags on the slimmer side.

> >

> > Cheers,

> > Max

>

> The top opening is 7 1/2", it has a small metal rod that runs the length of the bag for structure, but other than that the material is loose. Definitely smaller than a stand bag. In the pictures I've got my rain gear in the full length pocket so it makes the bag look bloated. The 7 1/2" top is similar to the Jones original I believe.

So this one has dual strap AND has the metal stiffener. That's a nice combination, not easy to find in this size class of bag.

And unlike a lot of golf bags nowadays, it is not...what's the word I'm looking for...it's not UGLY.

Sweet!

> @"Power fade" said:

> > @"Hat Trick" said:

> > Could it handle 12 clubs with no oversize grips?

>

> You can fit twelve. I tried it out and attached a photo. I have an oversized putter grip and I could definitely see some snagging issues there. It would work, but I would say 10 clubs is ideal. mhmr3vsefphf.jpg

>

Sweet clubs, btw.

I bought this bag recently and it handles my 14 clubs just fine. I do not use any oversized grips, however. Sure, the grips can rub on one another and/or get jammed briefly, but it’s nothing awful. If someone demands a completely clear and friction free path for every grip on its way in and out of the bag, he’s probably not reading this thread. If anyone here had a Ping L8 stand bag back in the day (I’m guessing some did given the topic), 14 clubs in the Linksoul is like 14 clubs in the L8 with the stand out. Maybe even a little better.

Anyway, I’m happy with the bag and haven’t had any issues carrying a full set that I couldn’t solve by putting in the 14th club at a slightly different angle.

> @"Ashley Schaeffer" said:

> Anyway, I’m happy with the bag and haven’t had any issues carrying a full set that I couldn’t solve by putting in the 14th club at a slightly different angle.

Great to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience. I think the 4 way divider definitely comes in handy when extra clubs are added. I'm shooting in the high 80's weather I'm carrying 10 or 14 so I haven't tried more. So I'm glad to hear it can handle 14. Loving this bag a couple months into the season.

> @"Power fade" said:

> > @"Ashley Schaeffer" said:

>

> > Anyway, I’m happy with the bag and haven’t had any issues carrying a full set that I couldn’t solve by putting in the 14th club at a slightly different angle.

>

> Great to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience. I think the 4 way divider definitely comes in handy when extra clubs are added. I'm shooting in the high 80's weather I'm carrying 10 or 14 so I haven't tried more. So I'm glad to hear it can handle 14. Loving this bag a couple months into the season.

>

>

Thanks for your initial, and much more comprehensive, review! Agree about the divider. I love the bag so far.

Side note: Your towel matches my driver headcover. Are you in PNW?

• 1 month later...

> @"Power fade" said:

> I picked up the Linksoul carry bag a month ago and thought I'd leave a little review being there is not a lot of info about it out there.

>

> This is my first Sunday bag so I can't compare it to the likes of Jones or Stitch. This bag is incredibly lightweight and seem to be constructed with durable materials. I've play a couple rounds with wetter conditions and the nylon does a great job repelling water when you have to lay it down. I carry 9 clubs with an oversized putter grip and it handles that like a champ. I wouldn't recommend any more than that as it closes in real quick. A nifty 4 way divider top I haven't seen in any other bag. Good size ring for your towel and range finder. Not my favorite strap system as part of the shoulder straps connecting point is of the grab handle. Overall I've been pleased both the single and double carry options. I'm only carrying a few clubs so the straps aren't as big as a deal. If I were to be packing 14 and a couple cold ones it may be a different story.

>

> I would have to say the best, and most surprising, thing about this bag is the storage! A full length apparel pocket that holds rain pants and a jacket. I have even stuffed a sweater in there too after shedding it on these bipolar spring days. That does max it out and makes it more difficult to retrieve clubs, but you could fix that by just not packing your rain gear. Big ball pocket, and four other smaller pockets for everything else. That's right, 6 pockets in a Sunday bag!

>

> Overall I'm very impressed and would recommend. This thing is going to stick around for a while.

> t7ly0zksb2b1.jpg

>

Would this have enough structure to go in a cart once in a while?

• 4 weeks later...

Cool bag! I just ordered the stand version and am really looking forward to getting it. Have been using a Jones Utility which I really like but I think I am going to like the top and dividers of the Linksoul better. Just prefer a logoless, understated bag that functions.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

> @inditube said:

>

> Would this have enough structure to go in a cart once in a while?

I played 18 with a cart this last week and it did fine. It was over 100° so there was no way I was walking. Used 12 clubs and they were difficult to get in and out around the cart strap, but not impossible. Will work in a pinch.

> @"Power fade" said:

> > @inditube said:

> >

> > Would this have enough structure to go in a cart once in a while?

>

> I played 18 with a cart this last week and it did fine. It was over 100° so there was no way I was walking. Used 12 clubs and they were difficult to get in and out around the cart strap, but not impossible. Will work in a pinch.

>

>

I got the bag as I was able to score a 33% discount code which helped out immensely. Took a while for it to arrive

Should have looked at the Sunday bag... I ordered a Stand bag, got it in about 4 days, but the zipper on the tool pocket busted on my second round. They are already sending me out a new one. Good on them.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

• 8 months later...