Bridgestone Tour B X vs Tour B XS

zbeard23

Very late to the party here....but may just help someone in the future.

I've solely played TM balls since they re-invented themselves. And loved them: TP Red, LDP and onto the latest TP5-X.

......which i hated. Way clicky around the green, off the putter and just too hard for me. Long game and into the wind was 'exceptional' as ever.

So; today was the first game ever with the "New" Bridgestone Tour B-X. Was with my son on a local Par-3 course. So in reality ideal to test it in the areas i felt the TP5-X let me down.

Initial thoughts ? Way, way softer feel and sound around the green and less than full shots. No issues at all off the putter. Stopped and spun a nice amount (Much more than the TM 'X' version for me) - and overall i'm really enthused by this ball. Longest hole is only a 7 iron for me......so nothing i can report on long game, flight apex's, performance in the wind etc. But so far an altogether different proposition to the TP5-X that was a 'rock' to me. And i hate saying that as i'm truly a TM fan-boi regarding their balls deep-down.

Hoping they have a change of direction next year - but for now i've found a ball i can happily play whatever else happens.

PING - G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue - X
PING  ZING2 Irons (4-PW) - Black Lie angle - JZ Stiff
CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) DG Pro: S300
RIFE Iconic Three Putter -  343g  / 34.5" / 68 Deg 

TAYLORMADE TP5-X Yellow << 2021 Version >>

Regards "Shuv" : sevenfourate's WITB LINK (Click right here):

Tour B X blows the tp5x out of the water, per se.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Tour B X blows the tp5x out of the water, per se.

Not wrong so far. For long game; and in regard of wind performance too ?

Yep. All of the strengths of the tp5x but none of the weaknesses. Tp5x didn’t have much greenside control but was also extremely difficult to judge on short iron approaches. Low spin and difficult to flight down. I’d have 3-4 shots a round which would carry 8-12 yards further than expected. Notorious for random flier-like shots from the fairways or on par 3’s.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x    OR   FliHi 3(19*) - Modus 125x

Edel SMS 4,5 SMS Pro 6-P - PX LS 6.5

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Yep. All of the strengths of the tp5x but none of the weaknesses. Tp5x didn't have much greenside control but was also extremely difficult to judge on short iron approaches. Low spin and difficult to flight down. I'd have 3-4 shots a round which would carry 8-12 yards further than expected. Notorious for random flier-like shots from the fairways or on par 3's.

Thanks very much for your thoughts. Hoping to get a few games in over Xmas. Genuinely 'excited'......

If it's anything like as good in the wind / has a lowish flight and apex (I play on the East Coast here in the UK) it should be really good.

I have been playing Srixon xv for a while, it was my choice after I ran out of Nike Rzn Blacks. But I was never totally satisfied with the XVs. Today I bought a dozen of BX and I have played BXS before for a while but it was too spinny on full shots and sucked back too much, distance of the driver was good but always shorter than XV and TPX, especially into the wind. So I did my research and decided to try the BX.

Feel - I think it’s 80 compression or 85 not sure, but its perfect off of irons and Driver, BXS is such soft feeling ball, but I think BX is just perfect off the putter, responsive and soft, but never too soft.

Distance - Driver, today I have hit some of the biggest drives especially into the wind, this par 5, 12 th hole in my home course has prevailing head wind, I hit my driver 328 yards off the tips into the wind, and the guy I was playing with saif he never seen anyone drive this far in this hole, and I said me too!, its easily 10 to 15 yards longer into the wind than other softer balls like th BXS or Pro V1. It is little longer than Nike RZN black and that was the longest ball for me off the tee for me.

Spin off irons- plenty spin but nothing like Srixon Z stars or Pro V or even TP5, never spins back too much hope ans stop on full shots

Spin off chipping and pitching- very predictable, chip hop and release of ver predictable distance.

Durability- good but, if hit with new wedge, light scar marks appear, it on par with Pro V

I think this will be my ball going forward, never played with B330 because it fely too hard off the putter, BX is just upgrad in every department, only thing is thay I have gotten my forst hole in one woth B330S last Sep, but BX is such an awesome all around tour performance ball, it will take something special to get it out of my bag.

Looking for Low spinning, piercing traj, perfect approach spin in a ball that feels lively yet soft? BX will not disappoint!

I have been playing Srixon xv for a while, it was my choice after I ran out of Nike Rzn Blacks. But I was never totally satisfied with the XVs. Today I bought a dozen of BX and I have played BXS before for a while but it was too spinny on full shots and sucked back too much, distance of the driver was good but always shorter than XV and TPX, especially into the wind. So I did my research and decided to try the BX.

Feel - I think it's 80 compression or 85 not sure, but its perfect off of irons and Driver, BXS is such soft feeling ball, but I think BX is just perfect off the putter, responsive and soft, but never too soft.

Distance - Driver, today I have hit some of the biggest drives especially into the wind, this par 5, 12 th hole in my home course has prevailing head wind, I hit my driver 328 yards off the tips into the wind, and the guy I was playing with saif he never seen anyone drive this far in this hole, and I said me too!, its easily 10 to 15 yards longer into the wind than other softer balls like th BXS or Pro V1. It is little longer than Nike RZN black and that was the longest ball for me off the tee for me.

Spin off irons- plenty spin but nothing like Srixon Z stars or Pro V or even TP5, never spins back too much hope ans stop on full shots

Spin off chipping and pitching- very predictable, chip hop and release of ver predictable distance.

Durability- good but, if hit with new wedge, light scar marks appear, it on par with Pro V

I think this will be my ball going forward, never played with B330 because it fely too hard off the putter, BX is just upgrad in every department, only thing is thay I have gotten my forst hole in one woth B330S last Sep, but BX is such an awesome all around tour performance ball, it will take something special to get it out of my bag.

Looking for Low spinning, piercing traj, perfect approach spin in a ball that feels lively yet soft? BX will not disappoint!

I talked to Bs YESTERDAY. The B x is 77 compression whereas the RX is 66.fyi !

Per Golfballs.com

BX is 85

BXS is 75

BRX is 66

BRXS is 64

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Just my .02 but I've tried and have been testing the whole tour B line and at my slow swingspeed of 90-95 I've noticed that all have pretty similar distances off the tee (even into the wind) but i've noticed huge differences with short irons and wedges. Especially the X just goes too far off the short irons (10-15 yrd difference) compared to the XS or RXS. So i decided to go with the lower compression RXS for stopping power on the greens. and I would recommend giving the RXS a shot.

Current "Bag of Tricks"

Driver:  Callaway Maverik 10.5 "Tour Issue" Single Diamond w/Graphite Designs AD-VR5 S 

3W:  Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 6 S

Utility:  Taylormade GAPR 3 Low w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 95 S tipped 1"  

Irons:  Miura CB-301 4-PW, SHIMADA S-Shafts, ELITE grips

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey  SM6 F 52/12,      SM7 F 56/14,       SM6 M 60/08 Copper Lmt. Ed.

Putter:  Scotty Tei-22 Fastback 1.5   34"  

Ball:  Titleist Pro V 1X  

• 3 weeks later...

These are on sale for 40 a dz from 60 a dz at Golftown in Canada from now to the 30th. (Same with RX and RXS)

If you want to stock up!

I already picked up 5 dozen last month but that price is really cheap! isnt that like $30 usdlrs??

Current "Bag of Tricks"

Driver:  Callaway Maverik 10.5 "Tour Issue" Single Diamond w/Graphite Designs AD-VR5 S 

3W:  Taylormade M1 3HL w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 6 S

Utility:  Taylormade GAPR 3 Low w/Graphite Designs AD-DI 95 S tipped 1"  

Irons:  Miura CB-301 4-PW, SHIMADA S-Shafts, ELITE grips

Wedges:  Titleist Vokey  SM6 F 52/12,      SM7 F 56/14,       SM6 M 60/08 Copper Lmt. Ed.

Putter:  Scotty Tei-22 Fastback 1.5   34"  

Ball:  Titleist Pro V 1X  

These are on sale for 40 a dz from 60 a dz at Golftown in Canada from now to the 30th. (Same with RX and RXS)

If you want to stock up!

I already picked up 5 dozen last month but that price is really cheap! isnt that like $30 usdlrs??

That would probably be really close to 30 USD yup.

I only picked up a dz as I want to do some ball testing in the spring but I was very tempted to stock up

• 2 months later...

> @kjrules said:

> I have been playing Srixon xv for a while, it was my choice after I ran out of Nike Rzn Blacks. But I was never totally satisfied with the XVs. Today I bought a dozen of BX and I have played BXS before for a while but it was too spinny on full shots and sucked back too much, distance of the driver was good but always shorter than XV and TPX, especially into the wind. So I did my research and decided to try the BX.

>

>

>

> Feel - I think it’s 80 compression or 85 not sure, but its perfect off of irons and Driver, BXS is such soft feeling ball, but I think BX is just perfect off the putter, responsive and soft, but never too soft.

>

>

>

> Distance - Driver, today I have hit some of the biggest drives especially into the wind, this par 5, 12 th hole in my home course has prevailing head wind, I hit my driver 328 yards off the tips into the wind, and the guy I was playing with saif he never seen anyone drive this far in this hole, and I said me too!, its easily 10 to 15 yards longer into the wind than other softer balls like th BXS or Pro V1. It is little longer than Nike RZN black and that was the longest ball for me off the tee for me.

>

>

>

> Spin off irons- plenty spin but nothing like Srixon Z stars or Pro V or even TP5, never spins back too much hope ans stop on full shots

>

>

>

> Spin off chipping and pitching- very predictable, chip hop and release of ver predictable distance.

>

>

>

> Durability- good but, if hit with new wedge, light scar marks appear, it on par with Pro V

>

>

>

> I think this will be my ball going forward, never played with B330 because it fely too hard off the putter, BX is just upgrad in every department, only thing is thay I have gotten my forst hole in one woth B330S last Sep, but BX is such an awesome all around tour performance ball, it will take something special to get it out of my bag.

>

>

>

> Looking for Low spinning, piercing traj, perfect approach spin in a ball that feels lively yet soft? BX will not disappoint!

I gave the new XV a try .. will be going back to the tour b x .. similar performance tee to green but around the green the bstone has a bit more spin and control and feels softer off the putter

> @cpeck said:

> found a bx today sunk in the fairway, cleaned it up and played for the last 3 holes, ball flies off the tee, think it was a few yards shorter with irons then the mtb black i play, but overall i nice ball felt the same off my putter and the mtb.

>

> if they do a sale i wouldn’t hesitate to pick up 2 dozen for 70

Close: https://www.amazon.com/Bridgestone-Tour-Golf-Balls-Dozen/dp/B07BVX5VLB

. > @ZNDavis said:

> > @cpeck said:

> > found a bx today sunk in the fairway, cleaned it up and played for the last 3 holes, ball flies off the tee, think it was a few yards shorter with irons then the mtb black i play, but overall i nice ball felt the same off my putter and the mtb.

> >

> > if they do a sale i wouldn’t hesitate to pick up 2 dozen for 70

>

> Close: https://www.amazon.com/Bridgestone-Tour-Golf-Balls-Dozen/dp/B07BVX5VLB

after i typed that i did look around. seems bridgestone is doing a buy 3 get one and a hat.

After being a long time BXS and Pro V1 player, I played a few holes with the BX and was pleasantly surprised. Especially with my driver. It definitely spun less and gave me an extra 10-15 yards. It also felt great off of my irons. It feels a little harder with my wedges and putter, but not clicky. I guess more responsive is the best way to put it. Good strikes feel solid/soft. I am going to use it this weekend and see how it goes

Please let us know as I'm contemplating the same switch. Recently switched to B XS from TP5x. Mostly happy so far but pondering the B X as I can get a little wayward with spin.

TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Mavrik 3W / Maltby KE4 FDI 19 / Callaway Mavrik Pro 3H / Maltby TS1 4-GW / Callaway MD2 56 / Odyssey Double Wide / Titleist Pro V1

> @cpeck said:

> it’s a great ball, is the bxs noticeably softer if you were to hit both back to back with the bx?

I was doing this exact test

It’s about 10% softer in terms of feel then the BX which coincidently is the same compression percentage difference.

Overall BXS was better on half pitches and chips but just slightly

I’m a higher spin player so having that relief throughout the bag helped me, with the BX

Mid Long Irons / Both Balls did great into the wind, felt the dimple pattern helped here.

Driver, Both we’re carrying about the same Maybe 2-3 yards longer with the BX but total about 7-8 yards with the reduced spin.

Again I felt the dimple pattern contributed to the more penetrating ball flight.

Just broke 80 for the first time with my gamer (Tour B XS). This one caught the slope just right and trickled back to the hole...about 18" from my first hole in one. Doesn't get better than that (unless it goes in, I guess).

First day of really perfect weather so far this season. 60 degrees, little to no wind, fairways and greens taking good shape...love it. Had a couple of 70-80 yard wedge shots spin back a few feet and was able to make a few greenside chips check and release about 2-3 feet as desired. Plenty long off the driver and getting the exact flight I want off of my irons. Going to take a lot to pry me away from this ball!

![](https://i.imgur.com/gKw6i5d.jpg?1 "")

Had a chance to compare today hitting both balls at every shot. Came away really impressed with the BX and preferred it over the XS. Feel off driver is just awesome, straight mid launch that seemed unphased by wind. Have read others say it felt heavy off driver, I didn't have that feeling. bit well on shots 150 in, with XS maybe spinning more but it wasn't overly noticeable, BX certainly plenty adequate. Wonderful ball flight that holds its line. XS spun up on me at times into the wind and on less than perfect strikes. BX feel off putter was awesome with just the right amount of firmness to inspire control. XS is great off putter too but BX just felt perfect. Purchased more BX afterward to continue testing this season, so far it performs as good as any ball I've tried.

TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Mavrik 3W / Maltby KE4 FDI 19 / Callaway Mavrik Pro 3H / Maltby TS1 4-GW / Callaway MD2 56 / Odyssey Double Wide / Titleist Pro V1

> @c50sooner said:

> Had a chance to compare today hitting both balls at every shot. Came away really impressed with the BX and preferred it over the XS. Feel off driver is just awesome, straight mid launch that seemed unphased by wind. Have read others say it felt heavy off driver, I didn't have that feeling. bit well on shots 150 in, with XS maybe spinning more but it wasn't overly noticeable, BX certainly plenty adequate. Wonderful ball flight that holds its line. XS spun up on me at times into the wind and on less than perfect strikes. BX feel off putter was awesome with just the right amount of firmness to inspire control. XS is great off putter too but BX just felt perfect. Purchased more BX afterward to continue testing this season, so far it performs as good as any ball I've tried.

I’m looking forward to trying the BX soon. I really like XS, and based on your account I think I’m going to like the BX even more.

TSR2 8.0 / Tour AD CQ 6S

TSR2 16.5 / Ventus TR Red 7X

Epic Max 18 / MMT 70X 

U505 22 / HZRDUS RDX 6.0 80Hy

Artisan HC 6-P / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Artisan 49, 54, 59 / KBS C-Taper Lite 115X

Revolving Putter

this and the other XS thread have me really torn on which ball to try. the price is right and both balls seem good. I was a Nike Platinum last generation user and since always come back to the Pro V. I want the perfect wind ball.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217