We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

Jamh03's Boutique and we're in Brooklynn

JAMH03 ·  
JAMH03JAMH03  979WRX Points: 435Members Posts: 979

This thread is a place to post real world solutions for golfers at $50 and less. It's supposed to be FUN and closer to close enough than to PERFECT.

I'll post a few examples in the comments following.

Posted:

Comments

• JAMH03JAMH03  979WRX Points: 435Members Posts: 979

Use of alignment sticks while practicing can be beneficial why not substitute and buy driveway markers for $1 at the dollar store or $2 at the big box hardware store vs $20 at a golf store?

Posted:

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement

So often people ask how do I get good at golf?

Based on his work helping professional golfers and athletes Dr. Bob Rotella has written a very useful explanation of what to do and how to do it. He simply outlines his philosophy on how to get as good as you want at golf. What's worked for others and how to deal with the hang-ups as they come.

I think it's a strong program AND the book can be purchased for less than $10 shipped to your door. I linked the pic to an ebay search

Certainly many libraries carry it as well.

How do I get good at golf? Read this book and you tell me.

">

Posted:

Improving your impact? Footspray for $1 seems like a good deal to me. (Dollar store)

Posted:

• gioguy21gioguy21 NJ 8086WRX Points: 1,336Members Posts: 8,086

Posted:

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set D/S) / Fujikura Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.50"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"

• phatchrisrulesphatchrisrules Southern Ontario, Canada 2130WRX Points: 385Unregistered Posts: 2,130

So this is a thread about how to spend the least amount of money on golf stuff? I don't get it.

Posted:

Taylormade R510TP - Speeder 757
    Sonartec NP-99 14* and 17* - NV Green 85
    Nickent Genex 3DX 21* - Dynamic Gold SL
    Titleist 660 4-P - Dynamic Gold
    Cleveland 54* and 59* - Dynamic Gold
    Scotty Cameron Teryllium

• Lord HelmetLord Helmet  8782WRX Points: 296Members Posts: 8,782

My wife would post a picture of my clubs for sale on ebay - captioned 'spend less on golf' - dont play.

Posted:
    M5 - UST V2 6f5
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    Speedback F9 4i - DG 105 x100
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x

Advertisement
  • indianalawnguyindianalawnguy  497WRX Points: 118Members Posts: 497

On -, @gioguy21 said:

Hahahahaj

Posted:

This thread is about solutions that I believe will work. Many people look outside of themselves or to others to help them get where they want to go. I'm here I'm posting a hodge-podge of solutions. Also saving myself from some typing.

I'm not telling ANYONE to spend or not to spend $$$.

For example if in Indiana I would consider playing Purgatory for $40 w cart vs $79 w cart, potentially similar experience for less $.

[

Posted:

On -, @NRJyzr ^ ^ Curious about what might come to your mind concerning this type of topic? Please see examples after 1st post. Thanks in advance if you can.
    Posted:

• NRJyzrNRJyzr Minnesota, USA 6854WRX Points: 930Members Posts: 6,854

On -, @JAMH03 said:

On -, @NRJyzr ^ ^ Curious about what might come to your mind concerning this type of topic? Please see examples after 1st post. Thanks in advance if you can.

Simple substitutions for golf related applications.... :)

I like the foot spray example. Unfortunately, off the top of my head, all I can think of is something beyond your original scope, in laser rangefinders. Several have suggested the idea of looking at hunting rangefinders, which are largely identical to golf rangefinders, but generally priced lower.

Posted:
    The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver: Golden Ram TW805, Precision 6.5, 43.25"
    3w:  Golden Ram 16*, Precision 6.5, 42"
    2i:  Mizuno Pro, DGS300
    3-PW:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300
    2-PW:  Golden Ram Tour Grinds, Dynamic S
    GW:  Dynacraft forged 52*, DGS400 (not carried with Golden Rams)
    SW:  Wilson Staff PMP 58*
    Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane/Professional, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar, Snell MTB Black, Vice Pro Lime... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time

Driver Substitutes: Golden Ram TW801 or TW802, DGS300

On -, @JAMH03 said:

Based on his work helping professional golfers and athletes Dr. Bob Rotella has written a very useful explanation of what to do and how to do it. He simply outlines his philosophy on how to get as good as you want at golf. What's worked for others and how to deal with the hang-ups as they come.

I think it's a strong program AND the book can be purchased for less than $10 shipped to your door. I linked the pic to an ebay search

">

On -, @ebrasmus21 perfect fit for you and what you're doing I think.

Posted:

Advertisement

I just found this link a few days ago, makes for a better way for me to follow the forums.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussions/participated

On -, @JAMH03 said:

">

On -, @mission_scratch OK my friend here is the book with the explicit process. Book is affordable and explains exactly what Dr Rotella has done with others who have already done this. I'll bump your wedge swing thread for an update there. The thought being that your question can help lots of others if we know what your process has been.
    Posted:

• NRJyzrNRJyzr Minnesota, USA 6854WRX Points: 930Members Posts: 6,854

On -, @JAMH03 said:

I just found this link a few days ago, makes for a better way for me to follow the forums.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussions/participated

Possibly because of using mobile devices as my primary WRX reader, I hadn't noticed this until yuour post.

Thanks for sharing, Jam :smiley:

Posted:
    The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver: Golden Ram TW805, Precision 6.5, 43.25"
    3w:  Golden Ram 16*, Precision 6.5, 42"
    2i:  Mizuno Pro, DGS300
    3-PW:  Mizuno MP-37, DGS300
    2-PW:  Golden Ram Tour Grinds, Dynamic S
    GW:  Dynacraft forged 52*, DGS400 (not carried with Golden Rams)
    SW:  Wilson Staff PMP 58*
    Putter: Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane/Professional, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar, Snell MTB Black, Vice Pro Lime... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time

Driver Substitutes: Golden Ram TW801 or TW802, DGS300

On -, @JAMH03 said:

">

On -, @Frisco Kid Congrats on you for making the choice to be good and trying the changes. You've even done well to get to the part that is uncomfortable. I feel like this book is a must read it goes right along with what you're already doing and how to proceed going forward. Best of luck to you!
    Posted:

• howellhandmadehowellhandmade  864WRX Points: 257Members Posts: 864

On -, @JAMH03 said:

This thread is about solutions that I believe will work. Many people look outside of themselves or to others to help them get where they want to go. I'm here I'm posting a hodge-podge of solutions. Also saving myself from some typing.

I'm not telling ANYONE to spend or not to spend $$$.

For example if in Indiana I would consider playing Purgatory for $40 w cart vs $79 w cart, potentially similar experience for less $.

[

The Orange Whip trainer costs about $100. There is a baseball/softball hitting trainer that is basically the same thing for less than $50. Skilz is one brand; as I recall there are a couple more,

Posted:

On -, @howellhandmade Awesome thank you
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • Dash BoogieDash Boogie Hole in Three  148WRX Points: 72Members Posts: 148

Costco sells Kirkland brand golf balls.

Posted:

Driver: Ping G400 Max, UST Mamiya ATTAS Coool 6S
    Fairway: Ping G25 4 wood, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7S
    Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 HM 4-9, JPX 919 Forged PW, GW, Modus 105
    Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 4, 56 and 60
    Putter: SeeMore DB4X, Scotty Cameron X5, Odyssey V-Line Fang CH

On -, @JAMH03 said:

">

On -, @robdalky whats in this book is very similar to what people said in your thread. Well worth the time to explore.
    Posted:

On -, @JAMH03 said:

">

On -, @mxskier this book says what to do and how to do it. This was a huge part of Bob Rotella's work life. I suggest you check it out from the library or buy a copy and figure out how to take the "next step" the $5-$15 you might spend will be well worth it.

We could talk until we're blue in the face about intricacies and I love talking about this stuff but this book explicitly says what to do and how to deal with the difficulties from someone who has coached this same stuff in PGA tour pros.

Posted:

On -, @JAMH03 said:

On -, @JAMH03 said:

">

On -, @mxskier this book says what to do and how to do it. This was a huge part of Bob Rotella's work life. I suggest you check it out from the library or buy a copy and figure out how to take the "next step" the $5-$15 you might spend will be well worth it.

We could talk until we're blue in the face about intricacies and I love talking about this stuff but this book explicitly says what to do and how to deal with the difficulties from someone who has coached this same stuff in PGA tour pros.

On -, @grantc79

Pretty sure you can get each of these books for less than $10 to your door. HTH's

Posted:

Do these irons conform?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.