Jamh03's Boutique and we're in Brooklynn

JAMH03JAMH03 Members Posts: 524 ✭✭

This thread is a place to post real world solutions for golfers at $50 and less. It's supposed to be FUN and closer to close enough than to PERFECT.

I'll post a few examples in the comments following.

Comparisons are odious.

Comments

• JAMH03JAMH03 Members Posts: 524 ✭✭

Use of alignment sticks while practicing can be beneficial why not substitute and buy driveway markers for $1 at the dollar store or $2 at the big box hardware store vs $20 at a golf store?

Comparisons are odious.

So often people ask how do I get good at golf?

Based on his work helping professional golfers and athletes Dr. Bob Rotella has written a very useful explanation of what to do and how to do it. He simply outlines his philosophy on how to get as good as you want at golf. What's worked for others and how to deal with the hang-ups as they come.

I think it's a strong program AND the book can be purchased for less than $10 shipped to your door. I linked the pic to an ebay search

Certainly many libraries carry it as well.

How do I get good at golf? Read this book and you tell me.

">

Comparisons are odious.

Improving your impact? Footspray for $1 seems like a good deal to me. (Dollar store)

Comparisons are odious.

• gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers Posts: 7,584 ✭✭

Epic Flash SZ / 9* (set N/S) / Fuji Pro 2.0 TS 6X tipped 1.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set +1/D) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic Flash / 5 (set N/S) / BF 90TX Tipped 1.75"
    718 T-MB 2I / PX Flighted 7.0
    785 / 3-PW / PX 7.0
    RTX4 / 52, 59 / DG S400
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5" OR Kombi-S / 35.5"

• phatchrisrulesphatchrisrules Members Posts: 1,875 ✭✭

So this is a thread about how to spend the least amount of money on golf stuff? I don't get it.

Cobra F9 8* - Aldila Rogue Silver 130 MSI 60
    Callaway Rogue SZ 13.5* - Diamana Thump 75F
    Callaway Rogue SZ 18* - Diamana Thump 85F
    Mizuno CLK 21* - Tensei CK Pro White 90H
    New Level 1031 Black 5-PW - Dynamic Gold 105 Black Onyx
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50/SS, 54/ES, 58/ES - Dynamic Gold 105 Black Onyx
    Bettinardi BB0 "Gotta Sting" Prototype 1 of 1 - Stability
  • Lord HelmetLord Helmet Members Posts: 8,723 ✭✭

My wife would post a picture of my clubs for sale on ebay - captioned 'spend less on golf' - dont play.

M5 - UST V2 6f4
    Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
    Speedback F9 4i - DG 105 x100
    Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
    SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
    Bettinardi Inovai 3.0 CS
    Pro V1x
  • indianalawnguyindianalawnguy Members Posts: 440 ✭✭

@gioguy21 said:

Hahahahaj

This thread is about solutions that I believe will work. Many people look outside of themselves or to others to help them get where they want to go. I'm here I'm posting a hodge-podge of solutions. Also saving myself from some typing.

I'm not telling ANYONE to spend or not to spend $$$.

For example if in Indiana I would consider playing Purgatory for $40 w cart vs $79 w cart, potentially similar experience for less $.

[

Comparisons are odious.

edited Apr 25, 2019 5:26am #10

@NRJyzr ^ ^ Curious about what might come to your mind concerning this type of topic? Please see examples after 1st post. Thanks in advance if you can.

Comparisons are odious.

• NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,347 ✭✭

@JAMH03 said:
    @NRJyzr ^ ^ Curious about what might come to your mind concerning this type of topic? Please see examples after 1st post. Thanks in advance if you can.

Simple substitutions for golf related applications.... :)

I like the foot spray example. Unfortunately, off the top of my head, all I can think of is something beyond your original scope, in laser rangefinders. Several have suggested the idea of looking at hunting rangefinders, which are largely identical to golf rangefinders, but generally priced lower.

The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver: Cobra King LTD, ProtoPype 80x or RIP 80x, 43.5" -or- SuperDeep 9.5*, ProtoPype 80x or NV85x, 43.5"
    3w: Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
    2h:  TM Stage 2 Tour, Nv105 stiff -or- 1 iron: Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
    2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
    SW: Ram Tour Grind Feel Matched 58*, DGS
    Putter: Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
    (Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
    Shoes by True Linkswear

@JAMH03 said:

Based on his work helping professional golfers and athletes Dr. Bob Rotella has written a very useful explanation of what to do and how to do it. He simply outlines his philosophy on how to get as good as you want at golf. What's worked for others and how to deal with the hang-ups as they come.

I think it's a strong program AND the book can be purchased for less than $10 shipped to your door. I linked the pic to an ebay search

">

@ebrasmus21 perfect fit for you and what you're doing I think.

Comparisons are odious.

I just found this link a few days ago, makes for a better way for me to follow the forums.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussions/participated

@JAMH03 said:

">

@mission_scratch OK my friend here is the book with the explicit process. Book is affordable and explains exactly what Dr Rotella has done with others who have already done this. I'll bump your wedge swing thread for an update there. The thought being that your question can help lots of others if we know what your process has been.

Comparisons are odious.

• NRJyzrNRJyzr Allez Allez Allez Minnesota, USAMembers Posts: 6,347 ✭✭

@JAMH03 said:
    I just found this link a few days ago, makes for a better way for me to follow the forums.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussions/participated

Possibly because of using mobile devices as my primary WRX reader, I hadn't noticed this until yuour post.

Thanks for sharing, Jam :smiley:

The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver: Cobra King LTD, ProtoPype 80x or RIP 80x, 43.5" -or- SuperDeep 9.5*, ProtoPype 80x or NV85x, 43.5"
    3w: Cobra King LTD, Motore F1 85 X, 42.5"
    2h:  TM Stage 2 Tour, Nv105 stiff -or- 1 iron: Maxfli Revolution, DGS400
    2-PW, Golden Ram Tour Grind, Dynamic S
    SW: Ram Tour Grind Feel Matched 58*, DGS
    Putter: Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34.5", PP58 midsize grip
    (Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35" -or- Mizuno TPM-2, 35" as backups)
    Balls: in no particular order... Wilson Staff FG Tour, Duo Urethane, or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Snell MTB Black... will trot out Maxfli HT-100 or Elite 90 from time to time
    Shoes by True Linkswear

@JAMH03 said:

">

@Frisco Kid Congrats on you for making the choice to be good and trying the changes. You've even done well to get to the part that is uncomfortable. I feel like this book is a must read it goes right along with what you're already doing and how to proceed going forward. Best of luck to you!

Comparisons are odious.

• howellhandmadehowellhandmade Members Posts: 747 ✭✭

@JAMH03 said:
    This thread is about solutions that I believe will work. Many people look outside of themselves or to others to help them get where they want to go. I'm here I'm posting a hodge-podge of solutions. Also saving myself from some typing.

I'm not telling ANYONE to spend or not to spend $$$.

For example if in Indiana I would consider playing Purgatory for $40 w cart vs $79 w cart, potentially similar experience for less $.

[

The Orange Whip trainer costs about $100. There is a baseball/softball hitting trainer that is basically the same thing for less than $50. Skilz is one brand; as I recall there are a couple more,

@howellhandmade Awesome thank you

Comparisons are odious.

• Dash BoogieDash Boogie Hole in Three Members Posts: 136 ✭✭

Costco sells Kirkland brand golf balls.

Driver: Ping G400 Max, UST Mamiya ATTAS Coool 6S
    Fairway: Ping G25 4 wood, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7S
    Irons: Mizuno JPX HM 4-9, JPX 919 Forged PW, GW, Modus 105
    Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 4, 56 and 60
    Putter: SeeMore DB4X

@JAMH03 said:

">

@robdalky whats in this book is very similar to what people said in your thread. Well worth the time to explore.

Comparisons are odious.