Smaller Travel Bags?

Hey Gang,

I often travel with a Sunday bag, but want the protection of a travel bag while flying with it. All of the travel bags I've seen are unnecessarily large for what I want/need. Is there anyone making a slightly smaller, slimmer travel bag suited for smaller golf bags? Wheels aren't even necessary as I travel light.

Many thanks in advance,
M

Comments

• davep043davep043 Members Posts: 3,246 ✭✭

The ClubGlove Collegiate is somewhat smaller, but may not be as small as you're looking for. Its a snug (but not tight) fit for my Ping Hoofer along with 2 pairs of shoes.

• MaximilianMaximilian Members Posts: 1,386 ✭✭

Thanks, I’ll have a look at it!

• Hateto3PuttHateto3Putt Smoking Makes You Look Cool! Members Posts: 6,286 ✭✭

Maybe try a bag built for snowboards?

X________________________________
    Sign Here

^^^ That's a good idea. Might be a little long instead, but I'll look into it. Plus, I'd look sexier going to and from the airport. ;)

Found a shorter ski bag (kids bag I guess?) that might be perfect.

• mikedejongmikedejong Members Posts: 620 ✭✭

I will often pack two golf bags in one travel cover. I have a Hoofer and a Ping Moonlight Sunday bag. On a few trips I have packed the clubs in the Hoofer, and just jammed the empty Moonlight in beside it. The sturdier bag helps get the clubs there safely, and once there you have the option to use the Sunday bag if you wish. Works well, I have not yet found a travel bag that works with just a Sunday bag... When I travel with the wife to play we pack both sets in one travel bag like this. It works great.

Ping G400 Driver
    Ping G400 3 Wood
    Adams Pro Black 3 Hybrid
    Ping I200 4-9 Irons
    Ping Glide 2.0 46/50/56/60
    Scotty Cameron GOLO
    edited Apr 23, 2019 1:26pm #8

@mikedejong said:
    I will often pack two golf bags in one travel cover. I have a Hoofer and a Ping Moonlight Sunday bag. On a few trips I have packed the clubs in the Hoofer, and just jammed the empty Moonlight in beside it. The sturdier bag helps get the clubs there safely, and once there you have the option to use the Sunday bag if you wish. Works well, I have not yet found a travel bag that works with just a Sunday bag... When I travel with the wife to play we pack both sets in one travel bag like this. It works great.

Yeah I do exactly the same. But I'm travelling by myself for work fairly often now and try to get a round in if I'm going somewhere that I know has an exciting course (and I have three small kids at home, so I'm trying to use my time away from home as efficiently as possible, lol), and I just feel a bit awkward showing up with a huge travel bag. It's not that big of a deal, but it would be nice with something a little more discrete. My normal travel bag is slowly but surely falling apart on me, so I'm looking for a new one anyways.