GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

Absolutely hate when this happens..

kekoa ·  
kekoakekoa ClubWRX  9400WRX Points: 884Handicap: 4-20Posts: 9,400 ClubWRX

So I played in an annual golf outing yesterday at a nice local club. Format is a shamble made up of a foursome and a pro. The pro's are mainly mini tour guys who are undecided as to whether or not they will try to make a living at golf or find a real job. Anyhow, we get paired with this 26 yr old kid named Tyler from San Diego. I asked him if he is playing a lot and apparently he makes a living doing appraisals and will do a Golden State tournament here and there. Basically, he hasn't played in a month.
Well, long story short this kid shot a 66 with a double and two bogeys. The part I hated (sarcasm) was that he kicked everyone's **** with this bag of junk:
Driver- TM SLDR
3 Wood- TM Aeroburner
Irons- TM Tour Preferred MC's
Meanwhile, I had my latest and greatest gear shooting a 76 from the whites.

Posted:

Comments

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  13959WRX Points: 2,766Handicap: 3.1Posts: 13,959 Titanium Tees

I am like you, the talented ones that never play and/or don't try are infuriating

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65.06 
    Ping G400 3w 15.1* Oban Kiyoshi Prp 65.05
    Ping G400 5w 16.9* Matrix Masters 7Q3 x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Kuro Kage 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Kuro Kage 90s
    Mizuno 919t 6-PW UST Recoil 110s
    Vokey SM2 50-54tvd-59tvd-64 s400
    Titleist Scotty X7M

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers  13959WRX Points: 2,766Handicap: 3.1Posts: 13,959 Titanium Tees

When I first clicked on your post I thought it was going to be a mini tour guy having his worst day ever and throwing down an 86 from the tips

Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65.06 
    Ping G400 3w 15.1* Oban Kiyoshi Prp 65.05
    Ping G400 5w 16.9* Matrix Masters 7Q3 x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Kuro Kage 80s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Kuro Kage 90s
    Mizuno 919t 6-PW UST Recoil 110s
    Vokey SM2 50-54tvd-59tvd-64 s400
    Titleist Scotty X7M

• kekoakekoa ClubWRX  9400WRX Points: 884Handicap: 4-20Posts: 9,400 ClubWRX

On -, @cardoustie said:

I am like you, the talented ones that never play and/or don't try are infuriating

Yup. Especially with 7 year old gear. LOL

Tiger has the record at this course shooting 62 and I thought this kid had a chance at it until he hit one OB.

Posted:
  • Golfer from MOGolfer from MO Members  1054WRX Points: 89Handicap: 2.1Posts: 1,054 Platinum Tees

Shambles format wouldn't qualify for course record but cool setup tourney. Part of the country?

Posted:
  • mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members  1739WRX Points: 384Posts: 1,739 Platinum Tees

I have played in a event exactly like this. The pro has to play his/her own ball. The Am's play shamble. Also, Am's can usually play the pro's drive a certain amount of times.

Posted:
  • Bingo1976Bingo1976 Members  2603WRX Points: 302Handicap: 6.8Posts: 2,603 Titanium Tees

I don't know why people are shocked that you can't buy natural talent and ability, or thousands of hours of practice and grind.

Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Matrix Ozik R[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]HiRev[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/font]
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BB28403BB28403 Members  4519WRX Points: 898Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Posts: 4,519 Titanium Tees

On -, @Bingo1976 said:

I don't know why people are shocked that you can't buy natural talent and ability, or thousands of hours of practice and grind.

I for one , am shocked!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.