Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Absolutely hate when this happens..

kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 9,115 ClubWRX

So I played in an annual golf outing yesterday at a nice local club. Format is a shamble made up of a foursome and a pro. The pro's are mainly mini tour guys who are undecided as to whether or not they will try to make a living at golf or find a real job. Anyhow, we get paired with this 26 yr old kid named Tyler from San Diego. I asked him if he is playing a lot and apparently he makes a living doing appraisals and will do a Golden State tournament here and there. Basically, he hasn't played in a month.
Well, long story short this kid shot a 66 with a double and two bogeys. The part I hated (sarcasm) was that he kicked everyone's **** with this bag of junk:
Driver- TM SLDR
3 Wood- TM Aeroburner
Irons- TM Tour Preferred MC's
Meanwhile, I had my latest and greatest gear shooting a 76 from the whites.

Comments

• cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am like you, the talented ones that never play and/or don't try are infuriating

Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* NVS 75x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 
    Ping iWedge 50* Tour Concept x100
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grind 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Scotty X7m
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to CanadaMembers Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

When I first clicked on your post I thought it was going to be a mini tour guy having his worst day ever and throwing down an 86 from the tips

Ping G400 LST 11* Oban Revenge 65x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* NVS 75x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17.5* NVS 85x
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Catalyst 70s
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* Apache MFS 85x
    Ping Blueprints 6i-PW DG xp115 x100 
    Ping iWedge 50* Tour Concept x100
    Vokey sm2 TVD M grind 54* & 60* DG s400 Onyx
    Scotty X7m
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 9,115 ClubWRX

@cardoustie said:
    I am like you, the talented ones that never play and/or don't try are infuriating

Yup. Especially with 7 year old gear. LOL

Tiger has the record at this course shooting 62 and I thought this kid had a chance at it until he hit one OB.

• Golfer from MOGolfer from MO Members Posts: 989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shambles format wouldn't qualify for course record but cool setup tourney. Part of the country?

• mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have played in a event exactly like this. The pro has to play his/her own ball. The Am's play shamble. Also, Am's can usually play the pro's drive a certain amount of times.

• Bingo1976Bingo1976 Members Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know why people are shocked that you can't buy natural talent and ability, or thousands of hours of practice and grind.

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Matrix Ozik R[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]HiRev[/font]
    [font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/font]
  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Bingo1976 said:
    I don't know why people are shocked that you can't buy natural talent and ability, or thousands of hours of practice and grind.

I for one , am shocked!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file