2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

What up with Jordan?

tsecor

Couldn’t name an avenger if my life depended on it. When I Hear the name i think of the navy plane.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @ebrasmus21 said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > the swing doesnt hold up under weekend pressure yet thats for sure. I agree with blade, the flatter plane doesnt look natural. When he gets it going like he did on friday he stands up more as it is more natural to him and just stripes his irons like he used to. time will tell about this swing but hes taking his lumps off the tee big time.Im amazed hes scoring as well as he is with literally an OB drive every other round

>

> If YJS was an Avenger who would he be?

I don’t know, I don’t watch those movies

> @grm24 said:

> Since his 3rd place finish at last year Masters Spieth has played 24 events. His best finish is a T9. Has two T12 finishes. Every other event is T21 or worse including 5 M/C. Not a good 12 months of golf.

>

> jjjkw9bwrdjx.jpg

>

Very interesting - He gets worse as each tournament passes. He started the year fired up and ready with a 2nd and just got worse and worse. This suggests it nothing to do with swing changes but more mental doubts.

And I did my research and nothing suggests he is going through any swing changes.

> @Lamb said:

> > @grm24 said:

> > Since his 3rd place finish at last year Masters Spieth has played 24 events. His best finish is a T9. Has two T12 finishes. Every other event is T21 or worse including 5 M/C. Not a good 12 months of golf.

> >

> > jjjkw9bwrdjx.jpg

> >

>

> Very interesting - He gets worse as each tournament passes. **He started the year fired up and ready with a 2nd** and just got worse and worse. This suggests it nothing to do with swing changes but more mental doubts.

>

> And I did my research and nothing suggests he is going through any swing changes.

>

>

2nd? You're reading the wrong column. He missed the cut in Hawaii.

It is interesting that his best finish this year was (besides the Masters) was at the Match Play, where he can make a couple of bad swings and make doubles or triples, but only lose a couple of holes.

• Like 1
Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @lowheel said:

> the swing doesnt hold up under weekend pressure yet thats for sure. I agree with blade, the flatter plane doesnt look natural. When he gets it going like he did on friday he stands up more as it is more natural to him and just stripes his irons like he used to. time will tell about this swing but hes taking his lumps off the tee big time.Im amazed hes scoring as well as he is with literally an OB drive every other round

The funny thing is people keep talking about this new swing but we are yet to see a video showing what changes have been. The fact is there are NO SWING CHANGES in the video below @> @gvogel said:

> > @Lamb said:

> > > @grm24 said:

> > > Since his 3rd place finish at last year Masters Spieth has played 24 events. His best finish is a T9. Has two T12 finishes. Every other event is T21 or worse including 5 M/C. Not a good 12 months of golf.

> > >

> > > jjjkw9bwrdjx.jpg

> > >

> >

> > Very interesting - He gets worse as each tournament passes. **He started the year fired up and ready with a 2nd** and just got worse and worse. This suggests it nothing to do with swing changes but more mental doubts.

> >

> > And I did my research and nothing suggests he is going through any swing changes.

> >

> >

>

> 2nd? You're reading the wrong column. He missed the cut in Hawaii.

>

> It is interesting that his best finish this year was (besides the Masters) was at the Match Play, where he can make a couple of bad swings and make doubles or triples, but only lose a couple of holes.

Very correct - his results are even worse than I imagined. The thing is I watched a video and he said is not working on a new swing. All he said was that he knows what the problem is with his swing and is working to address it.

I hope is not going the Duval way.

> @Lamb said:

> > @lowheel said:

> > the swing doesnt hold up under weekend pressure yet thats for sure. I agree with blade, the flatter plane doesnt look natural. When he gets it going like he did on friday he stands up more as it is more natural to him and just stripes his irons like he used to. time will tell about this swing but hes taking his lumps off the tee big time.Im amazed hes scoring as well as he is with literally an OB drive every other round

>

> The funny thing is people keep talking about this new swing but we are yet to see a video showing what changes have been. The fact is there are NO SWING CHANGES in the video below @> @gvogel said:

> > > @Lamb said:

> > > > @grm24 said:

> > > > Since his 3rd place finish at last year Masters Spieth has played 24 events. His best finish is a T9. Has two T12 finishes. Every other event is T21 or worse including 5 M/C. Not a good 12 months of golf.

> > > >

> > > > jjjkw9bwrdjx.jpg

> > > >

> > >

> > > Very interesting - He gets worse as each tournament passes. **He started the year fired up and ready with a 2nd** and just got worse and worse. This suggests it nothing to do with swing changes but more mental doubts.

> > >

> > > And I did my research and nothing suggests he is going through any swing changes.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > 2nd? You're reading the wrong column. He missed the cut in Hawaii.

> >

> > It is interesting that his best finish this year was (besides the Masters) was at the Match Play, where he can make a couple of bad swings and make doubles or triples, but only lose a couple of holes.

>

> Very correct - his results are even worse than I imagined. The thing is I watched a video and he said is not working on a new swing. All he said was that he knows what the problem is with his swing and is working to address it.

>

> I hope is not going the Duval way.

All you have to do is watch him now vs 2015. It’s easy to spot. He’s upright then and flat with much more hip bend now. That’s why he’s missing everything both ways.

Think of a flat plane like an opening and closing door. Starts out open. Gets square for a small tome and then as it passes square it’s dead shut quickly. Much more timing involved.

Now his 2015 swing was upright. Coming down the line with face square and then he held it square ( chicken wing) post impact. There were studies and even a golf week ( I believe it was them) Article and video done where they explained how he had a square Face to path longer than most any pro past and present. He literally only varied his path a small amount to hit a draw or fade. Now. He has go get it timed together to hit the desired shape. A flat swing works for some folks. Sure. But an upright swing is truly idiot proof. If you stick with it.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

One article in 3 second search. Next the video I mentioned.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/10/jordan-spieth-admits-he-spent-months-wrecking-his-swing/amp/

Got to 537 mark. Description of differences. And if yOu watch him now. You’ll see a mixture of both swings.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> One article in 3 second search. Next the video I mentioned.

>

> https://nypost.com/2018/08/10/jordan-spieth-admits-he-spent-months-wrecking-his-swing/amp/

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Got to 537 mark. Description of differences. And if yOu watch him now. You’ll see a mixture of both swings.

>

>

That first video always bothered me. " weird swing". you can tell some of these clowns never watched golf pre 2002.

Always been fascinated with how he owned his unique swing. We all know golf swings don't work forever. I don't think any golfer who has ever lived has played with the same swing throughout his whole life without slight tweaks at least to keep things right. For pro's especially the margin for error is so small, it seems he slipped just slightly and can't find the right thing to right the ship. Jordan will get it right again. It's a long journey and he's still young. He's won 11 times on the tour, 26 years old. Still got time to fix things and get back on track. Too bad he's not the next Tiger. It also speaks volumes to how far away he is even from Mickelson (who I think he's closer to game wise with the middling distance and accuracy off the tee but stellar short game). I was really hoping for Mickelson to do better this year with his newfound distance and calf display!

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

> @Golfjack said:

> Always been fascinated with how he owned his unique swing. We all know golf swings don't work forever. I don't think any golfer who has ever lived has played with the same swing throughout his whole life without slight tweaks at least to keep things right. For pro's especially the margin for error is so small, it seems he slipped just slightly and can't find the right thing to right the ship. Jordan will get it right again. It's a long journey and he's still young. He's won 11 times on the tour, 26 years old. Still got time to fix things and get back on track. Too bad he's not the next Tiger. It also speaks volumes to how far away he is even from Mickelson (who I think he's closer to game wise with the middling distance and accuracy off the tee but stellar short game). I was really hoping for Mickelson to do better this year with his newfound distance and calf display!

From 1996-2003 Mickelson was only once outside the top 11 on Tour in driving distance. Multiple years as #3 on Tour. He has always been long.

Only when the younger bombers like DJ came on Tour would Mickelson not be considered one of the longest, especially among top players ...

> @lowheel said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > One article in 3 second search. Next the video I mentioned.

> >

> > https://nypost.com/2018/08/10/jordan-spieth-admits-he-spent-months-wrecking-his-swing/amp/

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Got to 537 mark. Description of differences. And if yOu watch him now. You’ll see a mixture of both swings.

> >

> >

>

> That first video always bothered me. " weird swing". you can tell some of these clowns never watched golf pre 2002.

No kidding. Miller Barber? Calvin Peete? Trevino?

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @23under said:

> > @Golfjack said:

> > I don't think any golfer who has ever lived has played with the same swing throughout his whole life without slight tweaks at least to keep things right.

>

> Freddie, Ernie, Daly and Vijay have something to say about that :tongue:

Maybe Freddie and Daly (good example).

But Ernie and Vijay made lots of adjustments and significant swing changes throughout their careers.

Bubba Watson is a guy who doesn't mess with his swing.

But it depends how you define "slight tweaks". How slight are we talking...

• 2 weeks later...

> @disco111 said:

> JS needs to go play a practice round and have his caddie (who knows his game), just hand him a club, no discussions, just go and hit the club that's he's been given. Totally eliminate any forethought about the shot, just step up and hit it. Could be an epiphany in the making.

You bet. Check JS early rounds on the PGA - he hit and ball and chased it - hit it again and chased it. Now - take the club, discuss, look at the club, discuss, practice swing, step back, address and finally hit. He's just thinking about everything.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @Golfjack said:

> > Always been fascinated with how he owned his unique swing. We all know golf swings don't work forever. I don't think any golfer who has ever lived has played with the same swing throughout his whole life without slight tweaks at least to keep things right. For pro's especially the margin for error is so small, it seems he slipped just slightly and can't find the right thing to right the ship. Jordan will get it right again. It's a long journey and he's still young. He's won 11 times on the tour, 26 years old. Still got time to fix things and get back on track. Too bad he's not the next Tiger. It also speaks volumes to how far away he is even from Mickelson (who I think he's closer to game wise with the middling distance and accuracy off the tee but stellar short game). I was really hoping for Mickelson to do better this year with his newfound distance and calf display!

>

> From 1996-2003 Mickelson was only once outside the top 11 on Tour in driving distance. Multiple years as #3 on Tour. He has always been long.

>

> Only when the younger bombers like DJ came on Tour would Mickelson not be considered one of the longest, especially among top players ...

Well Tiger used to be super long, and now he's toned it down a little and is only good at 170 ball speed. What used to be long, like you said, isn't really that long for current athletes. That said, most pro's live in the 160s (I'm including the non touring guys). Just like Corey Pavin was short but not critically so. Nowadays he wouldn't even be able to survive the Web tour. Mickelson clearly has lots of talent (I think more than YJS). OK and this year Mickelson is at 25th driving distance. 305. He just did some small tweak and is up there again. I'm just sad he didn't do it early or I think he would have won some more tournaments (or be deeps in the woods on wayward drives enabling more spectacular rescue shots).

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @23under said:

> > > @Golfjack said:

> > > I don't think any golfer who has ever lived has played with the same swing throughout his whole life without slight tweaks at least to keep things right.

> >

> > Freddie, Ernie, Daly and Vijay have something to say about that :tongue:

>

> Maybe Freddie and Daly (good example).

>

> But Ernie and Vijay made lots of adjustments and significant swing changes throughout their careers.

>

> Bubba Watson is a guy who doesn't mess with his swing.

>

> But it depends how you define "slight tweaks". How slight are we talking...

>

bubba messes with his swing every swing ...

Jordan’s issues started due to these “internal demons” and if he’s to ever get back to being a top 5 golfer again it will be because he’s figured out how to quieten these “internal demons”. But it’s highly possible Jordan will never return to being a top 5 golfer ever again. I think Jordan’s mind now has become his biggest weakness.

> @"Mr. Hogan" said:

> Golf Channel story.

>

> Ferguson would be so proud...

>

> thwawry701tz.jpg

>

> @tiderider said:

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > @23under said:

> > > > @Golfjack said:

> > > > I don't think any golfer who has ever lived has played with the same swing throughout his whole life without slight tweaks at least to keep things right.

> > >

> > > Freddie, Ernie, Daly and Vijay have something to say about that :tongue:

> >

> > Maybe Freddie and Daly (good example).

> >

> > But Ernie and Vijay made lots of adjustments and significant swing changes throughout their careers.

> >

> > Bubba Watson is a guy who doesn't mess with his swing.

> >

> > But it depends how you define "slight tweaks". How slight are we talking...

> >

>

> bubba messes with his swing every swing ...

Not intentionally though ?

> @JAMH03 said:

> How is JS doing in terms of #'s %of $$$ won and OWGR?

> Is he in a slump or just not as good as some of his early finishes suggested?

> Love Jordan, don't care for many of his biggest fans.

How’s he doing in #s ? How do we measure that ?

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

@bladehunter

I was hoping that someone might have useful #'s available to help me put JS's performances in perspective.

Percentage of total money won when I followed the tour more this was one of my favorite stats because I felt like it was reflective of the golfer who played the best when it meant the most. JS's finishing #'s by year and so far in 2019.

* 2019 #211

* 2018 #37

* 2017 #2

* 2016 #6

* 2015 #1

* 2014 #16

* 2013 #9

> @bladehunter said:

> > @Lamb said:

> > > @lowheel said:

> > > the swing doesnt hold up under weekend pressure yet thats for sure. I agree with blade, the flatter plane doesnt look natural. When he gets it going like he did on friday he stands up more as it is more natural to him and just stripes his irons like he used to. time will tell about this swing but hes taking his lumps off the tee big time.Im amazed hes scoring as well as he is with literally an OB drive every other round

> >

> > The funny thing is people keep talking about this new swing but we are yet to see a video showing what changes have been. The fact is there are NO SWING CHANGES in the video below @> @gvogel said:

> > > > @Lamb said:

> > > > > @grm24 said:

> > > > > Since his 3rd place finish at last year Masters Spieth has played 24 events. His best finish is a T9. Has two T12 finishes. Every other event is T21 or worse including 5 M/C. Not a good 12 months of golf.

> > > > >

> > > > > jjjkw9bwrdjx.jpg

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Very interesting - He gets worse as each tournament passes. **He started the year fired up and ready with a 2nd** and just got worse and worse. This suggests it nothing to do with swing changes but more mental doubts.

> > > >

> > > > And I did my research and nothing suggests he is going through any swing changes.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > 2nd? You're reading the wrong column. He missed the cut in Hawaii.

> > >

> > > It is interesting that his best finish this year was (besides the Masters) was at the Match Play, where he can make a couple of bad swings and make doubles or triples, but only lose a couple of holes.

> >

> > Very correct - his results are even worse than I imagined. The thing is I watched a video and he said is not working on a new swing. All he said was that he knows what the problem is with his swing and is working to address it.

> >

> > I hope is not going the Duval way.

>

> All you have to do is watch him now vs 2015. It’s easy to spot. He’s upright then and flat with much more hip bend now. That’s why he’s missing everything both ways.

>

> Think of a flat plane like an opening and closing door. Starts out open. Gets square for a small tome and then as it passes square it’s dead shut quickly. Much more timing involved.

>

> Now his 2015 swing was upright. Coming down the line with face square and then he held it square ( chicken wing) post impact. There were studies and even a golf week ( I believe it was them) Article and video done where they explained how he had a square Face to path longer than most any pro past and present. He literally only varied his path a small amount to hit a draw or fade. Now. He has go get it timed together to hit the desired shape. A flat swing works for some folks. Sure. But an upright swing is truly idiot proof. If you stick with it.

Great analysis and dead on. I had a similar issue as Spieth in 2015, though with much poorer results. The upright chicken wing as my instructor told me, kept the face square longer which is good but at the cost of distance. I'm guessing that was the reason Spieth made the switch but as you stated, but he's struggling with the timing.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

> @JAMH03 said:

> @bladehunter

> I was hoping that someone might have useful #'s available to help me put JS's performances in perspective.

>

> Percentage of total money won when I followed the tour more this was one of my favorite stats because I felt like it was reflective of the golfer who played the best when it meant the most. JS's finishing #'s by year and so far in 2019.

>

> * 2019 #211

> * 2018 #37

> * 2017 #2

> * 2016 #6

> * 2015 #1

> * 2014 #16

> * 2013 #9

>

>

>

>

>

>

Lol. For some reason I saw that and thought hashtags. Lol. As in twitter or whatever ....FFS I hate modern terminology. And now I’m conditioned to see it first.

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Scoring average by round so far this year, first number is position. It's only over 11~ rounds but still, he's playing good thursday and friday, just needs to take it to the weekend.

1st- #T38 70.00

2nd- #3 68.45

3rd- #T202 72.25

4th- #207 73.38

https://www.pgatour.com/stats/categories.RSCR_INQ.html has all sorts of fun stats.

> @lowheel said:

> > @ebrasmus21 said:

> > > @lowheel said:

> > > the swing doesnt hold up under weekend pressure yet thats for sure. I agree with blade, the flatter plane doesnt look natural. When he gets it going like he did on friday he stands up more as it is more natural to him and just stripes his irons like he used to. time will tell about this swing but hes taking his lumps off the tee big time.Im amazed hes scoring as well as he is with literally an OB drive every other round

> >

> > If YJS was an Avenger who would he be?

>

> I don’t know, I don’t watch those movies

sign of true intelligence ... the earth is in trouble; the good guys save the day, with the occasional good guy being killed = every superhero film ever made ...

he's -7 with 2 doubles ... made a double from the fairway today on 18 ... it's a pretty bad slump by any standards, but he's making lots of birdies each round, so it's 3 or swings ... and he just got married ... he's adjusting ... jordan will be back, in spades ...