2019 Hugel-Air Premia LA Open Apr 25 - 28

Argonne69

Article on GolfChannel about Lydia's 22nd birthday.

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/evaluating-lydia-kos-career-her-22nd-birthday

Looking back, it's even more amazing. To start 2016, she won the Kia and ANA. Then she had the 54 hole lead at both the Women's PGA and the Women's US Open (could have won 4 majors in a row). She managed two more wins that year, but it has never been the same since somewhere in the second half of the 2016 season.

> @agolf1 said:

> Article on GolfChannel about Lydia's 22nd birthday.

> https://www.golfchannel.com/video/evaluating-lydia-kos-career-her-22nd-birthday

>

> Looking back, it's even more amazing. To start 2016, she won the Kia and ANA. Then she had the 54 hole lead at both the Women's PGA and the Women's US Open (could have won 4 majors in a row). She managed two more wins that year, but it has never been the same since somewhere in the second half of the 2016 season.

We've beaten this into the ground, Lydia changed but not by too much; but competition has changed dramatically.

The rookie who prevented Lydia Ko from winning her third consecutive slam at Women's PGA, Brooke Henderson, has since won 6 additional tournaments. Lydia has won 3 more since.

Nasa Hataoka and Nelly Korda, 17 at the time; have won a combined 5 tournaments since.

> @agolf1 said:

> Article on GolfChannel about Lydia's 22nd birthday.

> https://www.golfchannel.com/video/evaluating-lydia-kos-career-her-22nd-birthday

>

> Looking back, it's even more amazing. To start 2016, she won the Kia and ANA. Then she had the 54 hole lead at both the Women's PGA and the Women's US Open (could have won 4 majors in a row). She managed two more wins that year, but it has never been the same since somewhere in the second half of the 2016 season.

No doubt some of the decisions Lydia has made in regards to swing and coaching has caused some regression. I think the greater cause of her fall off is the competition she's up against now, at the start Lydia's was battling Stacy and Inbee in 2016 Lydia had 4 victories but Ariya had 5 and Brooke beat her in extra holes at the PGA. Perhaps Lydia flinched at the prospects of some bombers with game outside Lexi hitting the scene and decide to try and find length. I still think Lydia has wins in her, just not at the rate she did when she first came on tour but I also don't think anyone has separated themselves showing they could have that type of dominance, I think the other Ko has a chance but lets see moving forward. Regardless of changes or not I think the writing was on the wall for Lydia (although she probably could have a couple more wins without the changes) Ariya and Brooke along with SoYeon, Lexi where already on the scene SHP, Nelly, NAsa and Jin Young Ko were soon coming. So IMO regardless of what Lydia did her performance level was bond to drop with the influx of talent we see on the LPGA right now.

would like to see In Gee get her season rolling with a win, not sure she is there yet with the game, always like to see SHP play well.

I also like Jin Young this week though, the game is just on.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

> @Argonne69 said:

> Lol. I'm currently in St Andrews, and I posted from my phone, and I couldn't find the yardage on the LPGA's mobile website. It's pretty bad. I assume it's the same as last year.

>

> Oy. If I bothered to actually look at the course layout, it would be staring me in the face. In my limited defense, I've been a little preoccupied.

>

> ![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/rv8v8uhwznt98aw/20190423_150752.jpg "")

>

Think you're being "smart" by telling us that your in St. Andrew's?? Hahaha ... no sympathy from this crowd!! Enjoy, thanks for sharing the photos!

> @AWinfortheAges said:

> > @agolf1 said:

> > Wie is out. Not really surprising given how she's been playing / things didn't look right. Unfortunately, this seems like it may be worse than "just need more rest."

>

> I'm not her doctor, heck I'm not a doctor at all, but it seemed like she rushed to get back twice after the surgery and now is doing the proper thing by getting rest. Hopefully she has no timetable on her return.

Michelle Wie is turning out to be the most underperforming golfer of all time considering the noise she created when she first burst into the golf world...

Giga XF0710* driver/Hirohonma twin marks 355 10.5* driver
TEE XCG5 16.5* 4W, Giga XF-11 17* 4W
Daiwa New Super Lady 21* 7W
Mizuno Intage 27* 9W
Giga U3 21* hybrid
Tourstage Viq U5 25* hybrid
Adams V4 6H/7H
Adams V4 forged irons 8-PW,GW,SW,LW
HEAVY PUTTER mid-weight K4 putter
Sun Mountain H2N0 stand bag
Wilson Harmonized 55*/60*wedges
Cleveland 588 56/60

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

OK, one final pic. Had a blast.

![](https://dl.dropbox.com/s/26blc3w5egesebv/20190426_062351.jpg "")

• Like 1

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Didn't expect Stacy to be at the top of the leaderboard, but it does show that she still has game. Is she going to contend on a regular basis, or fade into the background? Cristie sure hung around and made herself know for years.

> @Argonne69 said:

> Didn't expect Stacy to be at the top of the leaderboard, but it does show that she still has game. Is she going to contend on a regular basis, or fade into the background? Cristie sure hung around and made herself know for years.

I definitely think Stacey still has the game and can win on any type of course but her chance on the various type of courses will limit her success IMO. This week and next are perfect courses, for Stacey and other similar types of player like Lydia, Inbee, Ingee and IK Kim types. Length advantage is really neutralized on these courses the next couple weeks. It's all about the position of your shots and not the distance they travel. Look at a few bombers from yesterday SHP +5, Lexi +4, Jessica +3, Nelly +2, Van Dam +2 and Ariya +2. I would add Minjee, Jin Young Ko and So Yeon Ryu in the optimal category, in that their games are competitive on bomber course or position courses. I just think it's tougher for certain players on longer open courses cause you have too many quality players that can hit it a mile and one of them usually lights it up and makes it really tough for shorter players to keep up in a going-low-a-thon.

> @Stooch said:

> > @Argonne69 said:

> > Didn't expect Stacy to be at the top of the leaderboard, but it does show that she still has game. Is she going to contend on a regular basis, or fade into the background? Cristie sure hung around and made herself know for years.

>

> I definitely think Stacey still has the game and can win on any type of course but her chance on the various type of courses will limit her success IMO. This week and next are perfect courses, for Stacey and other similar types of player like Lydia, Inbee, Ingee and IK Kim types. Length advantage is really neutralized on these courses the next couple weeks. It's all about the position of your shots and not the distance they travel. Look at a few bombers from yesterday SHP +5, Lexi +4, Jessica +3, Nelly +2, Van Dam +2 and Ariya +2. I would add Minjee, Jin Young Ko and So Yeon Ryu in the optimal category, in that their games are competitive on bomber course or position courses. I just think it's tougher for certain players on longer open courses cause you have too many quality players that can hit it a mile and one of them usually lights it up and makes it really tough for shorter players to keep up in a going-low-a-thon.

>

>

Only outlier right now in the bomber category is Angel Yin at -4. Hoping she keeps things going through the weekend, she's an easy player to root for.

> @WestTex said:

> > @Stooch said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > Didn't expect Stacy to be at the top of the leaderboard, but it does show that she still has game. Is she going to contend on a regular basis, or fade into the background? Cristie sure hung around and made herself know for years.

> >

> > I definitely think Stacey still has the game and can win on any type of course but her chance on the various type of courses will limit her success IMO. This week and next are perfect courses, for Stacey and other similar types of player like Lydia, Inbee, Ingee and IK Kim types. Length advantage is really neutralized on these courses the next couple weeks. It's all about the position of your shots and not the distance they travel. Look at a few bombers from yesterday SHP +5, Lexi +4, Jessica +3, Nelly +2, Van Dam +2 and Ariya +2. I would add Minjee, Jin Young Ko and So Yeon Ryu in the optimal category, in that their games are competitive on bomber course or position courses. I just think it's tougher for certain players on longer open courses cause you have too many quality players that can hit it a mile and one of them usually lights it up and makes it really tough for shorter players to keep up in a going-low-a-thon.

> >

> >

>

> Only outlier right now in the bomber category is Angel Yin at -4. Hoping she keeps things going through the weekend, she's an easy player to root for.

Yes, Angel is playing very well so far this week, I will be watching Angel and Brooke (-3) closely this week. I think they are both gonna have the same challenges. Both early 20's and still young enough they play with fearlessness but both have been around the block a couple times too. What I wanna see from either or both is have they learned the patience and discipline needed here for 4 rounds or will the little aggression monster that lives in both of them decides to wake up and come out and play, causing a bad decision that leads to a big number, but that's fun of watching the tour seeing how players grow and mature. I agree with you though Angel is easy to root for, love watching her play when she has things going.

> @Argonne69 said:

> Didn't expect Stacy to be at the top of the leaderboard, but it does show that she still has game. Is she going to contend on a regular basis, or fade into the background? Cristie sure hung around and made herself know for years.

Wouldn't bother me a bit if Stacy won this week. Or that matter, any other week.

> @"North Texas" said:

> Weird card and result yesterday for Alison Lee. Hits 13 greens in regulation, makes 4 birdies, and shoots 4 over.

Very odd. 33 putts for the round too. High, but still 1.8 average. Saw she hit 11 of 14 fairways too. Cards like this are why I truly believe the golf gods have a wicked sense of humor - or despise us all for the arrogance of thinking we can play this "sport."

> @WestTex said:

> > @Stooch said:

> > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > Didn't expect Stacy to be at the top of the leaderboard, but it does show that she still has game. Is she going to contend on a regular basis, or fade into the background? Cristie sure hung around and made herself know for years.

> >

> > I definitely think Stacey still has the game and can win on any type of course but her chance on the various type of courses will limit her success IMO. This week and next are perfect courses, for Stacey and other similar types of player like Lydia, Inbee, Ingee and IK Kim types. Length advantage is really neutralized on these courses the next couple weeks. It's all about the position of your shots and not the distance they travel. Look at a few bombers from yesterday SHP +5, Lexi +4, Jessica +3, Nelly +2, Van Dam +2 and Ariya +2. I would add Minjee, Jin Young Ko and So Yeon Ryu in the optimal category, in that their games are competitive on bomber course or position courses. I just think it's tougher for certain players on longer open courses cause you have too many quality players that can hit it a mile and one of them usually lights it up and makes it really tough for shorter players to keep up in a going-low-a-thon.

> >

> >

>

> Only outlier right now in the bomber category is Angel Yin at -4. Hoping she keeps things going through the weekend, she's an easy player to root for.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnd jinx at +2 for the day now.

I'd steer clear of Stacy right about now. She is running on a few hours sleep since she was taking care of the kid by herself at the start of the week. If that's not aggravating enough, she asked the USGA for a maternity exemption--and got turned down. Look out people.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/stacy-lewis-65-starts-hot-hugel-air-premia-la-open-despite-running-fumes-after-caring-baby

> @WestTex said:

> > @WestTex said:

> > > @Stooch said:

> > > > @Argonne69 said:

> > > > Didn't expect Stacy to be at the top of the leaderboard, but it does show that she still has game. Is she going to contend on a regular basis, or fade into the background? Cristie sure hung around and made herself know for years.

> > >

> > > I definitely think Stacey still has the game and can win on any type of course but her chance on the various type of courses will limit her success IMO. This week and next are perfect courses, for Stacey and other similar types of player like Lydia, Inbee, Ingee and IK Kim types. Length advantage is really neutralized on these courses the next couple weeks. It's all about the position of your shots and not the distance they travel. Look at a few bombers from yesterday SHP +5, Lexi +4, Jessica +3, Nelly +2, Van Dam +2 and Ariya +2. I would add Minjee, Jin Young Ko and So Yeon Ryu in the optimal category, in that their games are competitive on bomber course or position courses. I just think it's tougher for certain players on longer open courses cause you have too many quality players that can hit it a mile and one of them usually lights it up and makes it really tough for shorter players to keep up in a going-low-a-thon.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Only outlier right now in the bomber category is Angel Yin at -4. Hoping she keeps things going through the weekend, she's an easy player to root for.

>

> Aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnd jinx at +2 for the day now.

She mentioned that the UCLA golf team practiced here every week, maybe she's lost familiarity with the place. :|

Cutline is +2 and may move to +3; it may help Muni He (+4, R1), but it won't do anything for Nelly Korda (+8, 15 holes).

Nanna Koerstz Madsen, a prototypical bomber, is -4 today after 11 holes and joined the leaders at -6. This has been a tough course to analyze after one and one half rounds.

We probably won't know who the winner is until the last putt drops.

'Very nice rounds by Morgan, Danielle, and MJ.