Push cart bags

Murv

We have carry bags. And we have cart bags. But most cart bags do not work well for push carts. You need to reverse the woods and irons to get to the pockets and if the bag has a slant to it, that doesn't work well.

I have a BBC Maxfli cart 4.0 which works ok. No slant. But if I have to carry it anywhere, the irons flop the wrong way.

Maybe we need a whole new catagory.

Murv

My Ping Pioneer bag fit just fine on my Clic Gear 3.5+ the other day. If you want a bag to fit perfectly to a push cart buy the cart bags that those push cart companies sell.

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

I have a Sun Mountain tour series and pair it with a Sun Mountain Speed Cart. Don't have any issues with having to switch woods around or accessing pockets.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1725018/new-member-of-the-push-cart-mafia-sun-mountain-speed-cart-gt#latest

• Like 1

Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
Bobby: I play because I love it.
Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.

I have a 4 wheel Clicgear (dont remember model). It works great with both my carry bags and ogio Silencer cart bag.

Perhaps you need a better cart and not a different bag???

Taylormade M6
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+
Mizuno MP-18 mb 4-PW
Titliest SM7 50f, 54s, 58d
SC Phantom X 5.5

> @johnnybogey said:

> Went through a phase of trying to walk more using a push cart. Bought the cart and SM sync bag which is specifically made for push carts and have yet to use it. This was like e years ago. Lol. I should probably just sell it.

Lol. Sounds familiar to me. I had a SM C-130 and it was just too much bag. Bought a sync and it was perfect. Had a bright idea that I wanted to walk a bit and bought a BB quad. Used it once at a local par 3 and that was it. Sold it and never looked back.

> @Joker91 said:

> > @bluedot said:

> > Bagboy Chiller. Best bag I've ever had; has a stand, great pockets, meant for a push cart, and far cheaper than other hybrid bags.

>

> I keep seeing this and have a Bagboy push cart, just can't get over the 1 shoulder strap.

The one strap only matters if you are going to carry, right? I don't carry anymore, though I walk 90% of my rounds, and using one strap to get from the car to the range is not a problem. It's a great bag.

Cobra King works perfect and sits at a much better angle than my ORG14.

Cobra F8 10.5* UST Attas Coool 7S
Cobra F8 5-6 17* Evenflow Blue 75
Cobra F8 Hybrid 19* Smacwrap
Cobra King Utility 22.5* C-Taper Lite
Ping I210 5-UW PX LZ 6.0
Bridgestone XW-1 56* 60* DG Spinner
Odyssey Strokelab Seven S
Chrome Soft
Clicgear 3.5/Cobra King Ultradry

> @LaymanM said:

> I have a 4 wheel Clicgear (dont remember model). It works great with both my carry bags and ogio Silencer cart bag.

>

> Perhaps you need a better cart and not a different bag???

It's not the cart. Most cart bags are designed so it goes on a riding cart with the ball pocket and the irons facing out. Am I wrong? Then when you go to put it on a push cart the irons flip back toward the woods. Right? So I reverse the irons to the non ball pocket side and the woods to the ball pocket side. But this is impractical on most of the bags due to the slant of the bag.

Maybe I'm too particular.

I will look into the models you all suggested.

Thanks.

Murv

I think you have to decide what you want.

If you are going to carry at all, then get a carry bag and by all means get the adapter(s) that Clicgear makes to keep carry bags in place when you use them on a push cart.

If you are never going to carry, but still want a stand for the parking lot and the range, then the two best on the market are the Bagboy Chiller and the Sun Mt. C130 version with a stand. I'd add that with the Bagboy, you can put the long clubs in the middle and the irons down the two sides; it goes on a push cart exactly the same way that it does on a motorized cart.

People are not understanding OP's desire. He is saying something that is true, that a bag top configuration for a push cart/trolley is the opposite of a good configuration for a riding cart/buggy. The way I deal with it is to get a bag top that is not slanted, set the clubs up for the push cart, and live with it on a riding cart.

M4 Driver
4, 7, 9 woods

5, 6 Adams hybrids
7-GW Maltby irons
54 & 58º Wedges
LAB Mezz.1 box stock

> @Snowman9000 said:

> People are not understanding OP's desire. He is saying something that is true, that a bag top configuration for a push cart/trolley is the opposite of a good configuration for a riding cart/buggy. The way I deal with it is to get a bag top that is not slanted, set the clubs up for the push cart, and live with it on a riding cart.

Correct! Exactly what I want. I never carry. Push 95% rise 5%. And I have done w by at you suggest. Use a bag with no slant. Now if I could get someone to put the carry strap back where it should be...I'd be set.

I need to find cheap medium sized STAFF bag. Perfection!!

Murv

Sync does work great, I have one. Problem is no legs for when at range that doesn't have bag stands. I recently bought a Ogio Alpha Convoy 514 RTC (Range to Cart) bag. So far really liking it. Flat top so works well in riding cart and also on push cart. Don't have to turn woods/irons around like I did in my Sync bag. Its a little odd having the wedges near my back when riding instead of by the putter, but honestly its just not that big a deal and you want them in those places anyway for when you are using the stand on the range. You don't want wedges hitting your graphite shafts, etc. Also love the magnetic carry handle that allows you to easily detach it so you can stow the strap when riding or when on my powered push cart. TGW runs a sale every few weeks on these. List is $300 but got mine for $240 on sale.

I use mid sized staff bags , perfect in any configuration on my Clic gear trolley,

hth,

Tad

Ping Rapture V2 10.5*/ Harrison Saga 70grms
TEE Trilogy 15*/ GD Tour AD
TEE Trilogy 18*/GD Tour AD
Adams Idea Pro 20* VS Proto
Srixon I701 Tour 4-Pw, Project X
Titleist Spin Milled 50*
Fourteen MT28 v5 56*
Taylormade Original itsy bitsy spider 33/370grms

> @Catoctin said:

> Sync does work great, I have one. Problem is no legs for when at range that doesn't have bag stands. I recently bought a Ogio Alpha Convoy 514 RTC (Range to Cart) bag. So far really liking it. Flat top so works well in riding cart and also on push cart. Don't have to turn woods/irons around like I did in my Sync bag. Its a little odd having the wedges near my back when riding instead of by the putter, but honestly its just not that big a deal and you want them in those places anyway for when you are using the stand on the range. You don't want wedges hitting your graphite shafts, etc. Also love the magnetic carry handle that allows you to easily detach it so you can stow the strap when riding or when on my powered push cart. TGW runs a sale every few weeks on these. List is $300 but got mine for $240 on sale.

Are you selling your Sync? What colour is it?

> @Catoctin said:

> Sync does work great, I have one. Problem is no legs for when at range that doesn't have bag stands. I recently bought a Ogio Alpha Convoy 514 RTC (Range to Cart) bag. So far really liking it. Flat top so works well in riding cart and also on push cart. Don't have to turn woods/irons around like I did in my Sync bag. Its a little odd having the wedges near my back when riding instead of by the putter, but honestly its just not that big a deal and you want them in those places anyway for when you are using the stand on the range. You don't want wedges hitting your graphite shafts, etc. Also love the magnetic carry handle that allows you to easily detach it so you can stow the strap when riding or when on my powered push cart. TGW runs a sale every few weeks on these. List is $300 but got mine for $240 on sale.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to mull over my options. My two main ranges have bag stands. But I'm sure the stand feature is one of those things I'll only need once I don't have it.

I've always had push carts and stand bags and never had a problem accessing clubs or pockets. Carts have been lay down trikes, like the speed cart, and bags have been mostly Sun Mountain. The valuables pocket works great for the range finder.

I do find that most carts are now more upright but that seems to be a design flaw. I'm not opposed to catching a ride up the hill with 5 switchbacks and the simple trike carts work much better for that.

It is kind of a category of bag that doesn't seem to exist anymore. I bought my current bag almost 10 years ago before a time away from the game, and I guess its a "mini" staff bag, but its all synthetic material, and lightweight. But its perfect for the pull cart, and is s*** on a drive cart, I have to turn it sideways when we ride because the carry handle is right on the back, and it has pockets on all 4 sides. Its almost designed only to be run on a pull cart. Or be carried by a caddy cause it has no legs on it. My pal has a drive cart specific bag, and when he puts it on the pull cart, all his irons fall over towards his woods which are then on the bottom, I guess he doesn't mind but it drives me nuts to even look at lol. I dont think theres really a do it all perfectly bag, I'll likely buy a proper drive cart bag eventually, because mine really sucks in the car but is perfect on the pull cart and I walk most of the time but dont really wanna carry.

So in conclusion, I have no helpful suggestion for you haha

Heres what I mean......

57ldpy8cbfcc.jpg

9i3su3iauhmh.jpg

TM SIM Max 9*  Tensei blue AV 65-S

Mizuno ST180 3w 15* Tensei blue-S

Cobra BioCell 5w 19* Matrix RedTie-S

Ping G30 4h 22* TFC 419-R

Taylormade R-11 5-PW KBS Tour 90-S

Cleveland CBX 52* 58* DG 115-W

Mannkrafted rebar Rattler 

check out Tour Edge Exotics. my model is the Xtreme 3. fourteen slots, a dedicated umbrella sleeve.

had it going on three years, perfect for pushcart or the odd times I have to ride.

almost as much storage space as a C130, plus the big third pocket in front has a drain hole if you want to pack it with ice for drinks. still pleased with how its held up after thirty to forty rounds a season.

super value.

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

Bad photo but you should get the idea. I got this Bennington Quiet Organizer 14 cause i hated the clubs clanking crazy in the riding cart, but now that i'm mostly walking with a push cart it has worked out great. The angle issue that you spoke about isn't really present here. The tilt goes the opposite way and is very easy to find a club, no tangle in the bag. I don't think i could go back to a standard bag at this point.

d7k1mr1m4rjg.jpg