Arthritis?

I probably don't have it as bad as you do. How about playing 9 holes?

Here is an article worth reading: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2019/04/01/exercising-10-minutes-a-day-enough-save-disability-arthritis/

M4 Driver
4, 7, 9 woods

5, 6 Adams hybrids
7-GW Maltby irons
54 & 58º Wedges
LAB Mezz.1 box stock

Left knee degenerative osteoarthritis and torn meniscus; trigger fingers galore, elbow, wrist.... Swells, aches, sucks. Stepped up my activity this winter. I bike, spin, lift, swim, do yoga, pilates, stretch daily, and have a shovel in may hands sometimes for 8 hours. This winter I hit 3-5-700 balls a week at the range, plus am now (since it is warming up) able to shag bag chip, pitch, bunker 2-300/wk. I'm only 56 so gotta figure arthritis is going to level me eventually, but I'm not going to let my hobbling, aches, pains keep me from trying to make the best of what I've got left. Don't anyone else either. We only get one go so may as well make the best of it.

> @Snowman9000 said:

> I probably don't have it as bad as you do. How about playing 9 holes?

> Here is an article worth reading: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2019/04/01/exercising-10-minutes-a-day-enough-save-disability-arthritis/

I'm 56 and have arthritis problems throughout my upper body- candidate for a fused neck and lower back, bum right wrist and some left elbow trouble, but to this point (knock wood), have been able to avoid the knife, though I get regular cortisone shots in my wrist. I just signed up for my golf league again last night and my various aches and pains give me a built in excuse to avoid the range, lol. I'll drop a couple of extras on course for practice if the opportunity presents itself, which is often as I play many solo rounds. My handicap ranged from 8-10 from the white tees last year and I managed a few really good rounds, including my lowest 18 hole score in about 20 years. I walk briskly with a push cart and like to get a bit of a sweat going. Agree with the above article completely and subscribe to the "motion is lotion" philosophy. I've dropped between 35 and 40 lbs by walking everyday with my dog and by regularly hitting the elliptical at the gym over this past, brutal winter. Bottom line, KEEP MOVING

Callaway RazrFit 10.5*  Matrix Radix HD 6S

Ping G5 13.5* 2d Driver   Aerotech Power Coil 50S

Innovex RLS 17* 4W    Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 Tipped R

Orlimar Black Ti 22* 4H   Litespeed R

Adams A7 5-GW   UST Proforce 85R

Golfsmith/Spalding Cash-In 55/12 SW    Cleveland Action Lite S     

Cleveland TA 900 gunmetal 60*  Nicklaus Driveshaft R+

Slotline Raider Copper Cobalt 35"

or Ray Cook M1-A Austin  35"

Count me as another to espouse the benefits of walking. I injured my back about a year and a half ago. Walking was the only thing i could do for relief. I began walking daily for 30-45 minutes as well as a series of yoga poses to improve flexibility and range of motion. I have lost over 20 pounds since I started. In the winter I resort to mall walking on the days that aren't fit to be outdoors.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I'm 66 and have been dealing with various arthritis issues for over 20 years. Walking and low impact stretching / weights have been a help to me in trying to keep a decent level of flexibility and range of motion. I try to walk when I play and have found I'm good for 9 holes walking but need a cart for the 2nd nine. To me, the most important thing is not to give up - keep plugging away - look at your equipment and consider changes (graphite, senior flex, hybrids, strong 3 wood for the tee shot, etc.) and also look at the front tees if/when necessary.

Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Sunday Walker bag

Thanks for the comments. Not much of a serial walker but I do stretch and ride a bicycle regularly. Problem for me is more in my hands and my wrists. I would practice/play everyday except for the swelling and pain. I have to take days off and sometimes soak my hands and wrists in ice water. I see a rheumatologist every 3 months.

Have you tried big grips? They can really help. Do you overlap, interlock, or ten fingers? I tried to go to overlap last year but my fingers became painful with arthritis, so I went back to 10 finger. My pain eventually went away.

M4 Driver
4, 7, 9 woods

5, 6 Adams hybrids
7-GW Maltby irons
54 & 58º Wedges
LAB Mezz.1 box stock

> @OldFrog75 said:

> Thanks for the comments. Not much of a serial walker but I do stretch and ride a bicycle regularly. Problem for me is more in my hands and my wrists. I would practice/play everyday except for the swelling and pain. I have to take days off and sometimes soak my hands and wrists in ice water. I see a rheumatologist every 3 months.

I laid off the game a long time and came back to it last spring and fragged my fingers. They still lock up in the morning, periodically throughout the day. It sidelined me for a few weeks when I first got back. I stretched a variety of ways, finger exercises, tried ice, then got neoprene things that went over my fingers, arthritic grips, and arthritic gloves. (I hadn't worn gloves since my 20s bc I was too broke to buy new ones and wore them out so fast. Embarrassed as Hell to wear them in the beginning but so what? I was able to play)

All of it helped. Switching to graphite too. I think getting 'golf strong' (to borrow a couple of words from Mickey Wright) has really helped. Walking, cycling wears us out as much as it helps. I walked 18, 36, 18, 9, 27 last week plus exercise and work and hobble around grabbing at walls, so hurt is just part of it but once you get going you get in a bit of shock and can function. It's after that seems to be more noticeable. Ice relieves. Warm and cold seem to help.

Pills a slippery slope as they can mask you might go out there and overdo it and just make things worse if you don't feel 'it'. I think the pain motivates us to improve our swings and ball-striking. I hit a lot of balls and am ironing out a lot of bad moves I never bothered to confront. The fewer the thin or high-on-face chilly dips that ring your fingers the better.

I've had some sort of left heel issue for a while now. Very painful and my GP and podiatrist have no idea what it is. I haven't been able to pick up a club since last September, but lately it's been getting better. I hit the range today and then the putting green. It feels good. A little pain, but not bad. I'm hopeful I really miss not playing and practicing. I'm 63, by the way.

Ping S59 irons 5-PW
Ping bronze J-Blade putter
Titleist 910D2 driver,
TM Jetspeed 3W & 5W
Ping Rapture 21* Hybrid
Ping Eye 2+ SW, Hogan Special PW

I have arthritis in my right ankle. I had surgery on my right ankle because I sprained it so many times when I was younger playing sports. The doctors put in a cadaver tendon around my ankle to give it extra support and now it's turning arthritic. It gets so painful sometimes it's hard to walk on it after use. Not sure what I can do about it at this point might have to go back and see the surgeon maybe for a cortisone shot or some other therapy?

> @OldFrog75 said:

> Thanks for the comments. Not much of a serial walker but I do stretch and ride a bicycle regularly. Problem for me is more in my hands and my wrists. I would practice/play everyday except for the swelling and pain. I have to take days off and sometimes soak my hands and wrists in ice water. I see a rheumatologist every 3 months.

I'll agree with Snowman and recommend that you experiment with a grip change. I usually change my grips every spring. This spring I switched to the Lamkin Sonar in a midsize and haven't had any hand or wrist pain yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Cobra F9 Driver 10.5 UST ProForce V2 HL 5F4 46"

Tour Edge Exotic EXS 220 16.5* UST ProForce V2 HL 6F4 44"

Cobra Amp Cell 5-7 fairway (set to 20*) Fujikura Fuel 60g S 43"

Maltby TS3 4-P Elevate MPH 95 +1"

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 50*, 54* & 58* Apollo Matchflex Wedge 36.25"

Cleveland Classic Collection #10 35"

After I had become of age and plagued with arthritis , gout and other few issues. It had taken away my golf dame quite a bit. I understood why the Scotts love to carry a 5th in their golf bag, the 19th hole is just too far away.

Now I can't even enjoy the relieve form a nice sip of elixir, owing to gout and the history of kidney stones, old man golf and a good walk in the park is all I could enjoy.

> @bladesoshanter said:

> Left knee degenerative osteoarthritis and torn meniscus; trigger fingers galore, elbow, wrist.... Swells, aches, sucks. Stepped up my activity this winter. I bike, spin, lift, swim, do yoga, pilates, stretch daily, and have a shovel in may hands sometimes for 8 hours. This winter I hit 3-5-700 balls a week at the range, plus am now (since it is warming up) able to shag bag chip, pitch, bunker 2-300/wk. I'm only 56 so gotta figure arthritis is going to level me eventually, but I'm not going to let my hobbling, aches, pains keep me from trying to make the best of what I've got left. Don't anyone else either. We only get one go so may as well make the best of it.

Have the same diagnosis except in my right leg. It manifested itself in a Baker cyst last year at age 49 and my leg swelled so much they sent me for an ultrasound to make sure I didn't have a blood clot. Was also diagnosed with tarsal coalition and osteoarthritis in my feet; left foot is worse. I haven't tried to play golf since the diagnoses due to time and money. I have hit a few balls at the driving range and didn't have any problems.

The ortho said treating the knee was no problem; I had the gel shots. As for my feet, he said go until I can't walk anymore, then the only option is to fuse the bones so they don't rub against each other. Then, he said, I won't be able to walk on uneven ground. My first thought was, "How will I get up on the green to putt?"

I do a lot of yard work, walk about 1/10-mile each way to park at work and play with my 6-year-old (basketball, bike riding, etc.) but don't "work out," though I need to do something to restrengthen my knees. Quick movements and fast running are out, but I can jog a little. I was fine before the Baker cyst, and now it's like I have no strength in my knee.

My dad needed a hip replacement, but doctors told him to wait until he was 60 since in the 1970s they lasted only about 15 years. He died at 53 and had a severe limp for years. It really bothers me that the last 10+ years of his life were like that when an operation could have helped him but they had this stupid rule about wait to age 60.

> @bermuda said:

> My dad needed a hip replacement, but doctors told him to wait until he was 60 since in the 1970s they lasted only about 15 years. He died at 53 and had a severe limp for years. It really bothers me that the last 10+ years of his life were like that when an operation could have helped him but they had this stupid rule about wait to age 60.

Sounds a lot like what my dad went through. He was older so he got the hip replacement operation...

three times in four years.

The first was the original replacement. The second was to remove excess bone that had grown around the joint and restricted range of motion while the third was to replace the original artificial hip with an improved version when the previous became loose.

Like your dad his last 10 years were pretty much constant pain and limping in spite of the surgeries. One wonders just how much benefit they provided when you account for all the side effects.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

I have a systemic form of arthritis/inflammation and have had knee, shoulder, and hip surgeries for sports injuries, but no joint replacements (yet). I'm 51.

My cousin is a Dr. and put me on Mobic (gen. meloxicam ). Like most drugs, It is not without risks, but it has given me significant relief since starting on it in November.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

> @Prut said:

> Hand swollen for first time as I type from gout, doctor told me yesterday. My season starts this weekend. Hardly played at all past two years from it in my feet. Beer now gone from diet, not sure what to expect on course without it.

The Allopurinol Had got rid of the gout for me, plus a controled diet.

You don't drink beer any longer and I hope you don't drink liqor either, because tht will also inflame the gout condition.

Yes, Allopurinol made golfng in the last 10 years possibe'le for me but, check with your physician for side effects and your current health condition before jumping on it. It worked for me to get rid of the swollen joints in the hands/shoulders and the toes.

The doctors seem to agree that we must just use what we have until we can't move. It's better than anything mechanical. I looked at the replacement knee hardware and admit science isn't at the Steve Austin level yet. I had gout, was a heavy drinker, had a lot of weight issues due to being glued to desk, dying business, depression, etc., but picked a day out of the week and cut the crap, changed diet, stopped the BS, and swore off pain killers even Tylenol. I can barely walk at night, my fingers lock up badly then and in the mornings, throughout the day, etc. But I move a lot. It is probably wearing me out but like anything once you warm up you can endure more. My veins in both legs were collapsed and I still have bad swelling on the left side, where the knee, compound ankle fractures all live, but walk 18, 27, even 36. It hurts but so does life. Good shoes are a must. I no longer soak the hands in ice. Just let them rest overnight. People used to have to endure having their limbs sawn off with a hit of brandy. I don't think they could bear the discomfort. I'm sure it only gets worse as we get older. Just haven't much choice.... yet.

Thanks. I have a prescription for it but never took it. I guess I will. Is wine an issue? Please say no.

> @wkuo3 said:

> > @Prut said:

> > Hand swollen for first time as I type from gout, doctor told me yesterday. My season starts this weekend. Hardly played at all past two years from it in my feet. Beer now gone from diet, not sure what to expect on course without it.

>

>

> The Allopurinol Had got rid of the gout for me, plus a controled diet.

>

> You don't drink beer any longer and I hope you don't drink liqor either, because tht will also inflame the gout condition.

>

> Yes, Allopurinol made golfng in the last 10 years possibe'le for me but, check with your physician for side effects and your current health condition before jumping on it. It worked for me to get rid of the swollen joints in the hands/shoulders and the toes.

>

>

According to the study, all alcoholic beverages are bad for gout, your kidney function must also be weak, right ? I had an issue with kidney function which was caused by the kidney stones , and the weakened kidney function caused the gout, because not able to filter out the bad stuff.

I used to enjoy a drink or two, now I had been on an alcoholic diet for almost a decade now, miss it sometimes, but I know what it'll do to my body. Simple choice there, gout is the next worst thing to a kidney stone.

Take the allopurinol under your physician's guidance, go back for regular urine and blood test every 3 months ( per your MD recommendation ).

There is an injection which will work faster than pills. I had a golf outing with clients some years ago and had gout flared up on my big toes, Doc. suggested an injection just 3-4 days ahead of schedule and I made it on the golf course.

Lots of drinking water to flush out the stuff after the injection and medication.

Yep Wk you are dead on it. I have had kidney stones in the past. My were basically caused by too many soft drinks and beer. I got off the soft drinks and drink plenty of water. Now I am on BP medicine because my BP is not dangerously high but a little high for my annual DOT physical to drive a truck. My BP med also includes a diuretic. I drink plenty of water. I do drink around 4 cups of coffee a day because I am up at 3 AM but do not drink any after 9:00 AM. From then on it is water even with my supper at night. BTW I do not use sugar in my coffee I use local grown honey and powdered non fat milk. I bring all my coffee from the house. Now I have had touches of the gout which I had my worse case a couple of weeks ago. I know what causes it for me and this is funny as heck. I had got on a shrimp kick a few weeks ago. Bad for me. For some reason the farm raised of imported shrimp in excess causes gout in me. Now local caught shrimp does not. I knew what to do I elevated it doubled up on my water and rested. Far as alcohol consumption I do that very little I take things on a whim and maybe drink a beer every 6 months or so and absolutely no hard stuff. I have not consumed any hard stuff for 10 years now. I had a little touch of arthritis a couple of years ago but I think the combo of the diuretic and using honey has helped me tremendously in that issue. I have also heard CDB oil taken orally helps in that area but can test positive on a drug test. Since I am subject to random drug testing due to being a truck driver I stay away from that stuff.

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

5W  --- TM V Steel Fubuki 60r

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 5 thru PW TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R F

SW Callaway PM Grind 56* Modified Grind KBS Tour Wedge

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter Macgregor Bobby Grace Mark 4 V-Foil Broomstick

My wife has MS and has been taking low-dose naltrexone for about 1 month. Her pain numbers have gone from 7-8 out of 10 to around 3. I've done some research on it and found it has helped some people with osteoarthritis. I'm seeing a doctor this week and hopefully can give it a try. Volteran has gotten me to age 66, hopefully LDN can keep me playing into the future. It is a very old drug and considered pretty safe.

> @"BIG STU" said:

> Yep Wk you are dead on it. I have had kidney stones in the past. My were basically caused by too many soft drinks and beer. I got off the soft drinks and drink plenty of water. Now I am on BP medicine because my BP is not dangerously high but a little high for my annual DOT physical to drive a truck. My BP med also includes a diuretic. I drink plenty of water. I do drink around 4 cups of coffee a day because I am up at 3 AM but do not drink any after 9:00 AM. From then on it is water even with my supper at night. BTW I do not use sugar in my coffee I use local grown honey and powdered non fat milk. I bring all my coffee from the house. Now I have had touches of the gout which I had my worse case a couple of weeks ago. I know what causes it for me and this is funny as heck. I had got on a shrimp kick a few weeks ago. Bad for me. For some reason the farm raised of imported shrimp in excess causes gout in me. Now local caught shrimp does not. I knew what to do I elevated it doubled up on my water and rested. Far as alcohol consumption I do that very little I take things on a whim and maybe drink a beer every 6 months or so and absolutely no hard stuff. I have not consumed any hard stuff for 10 years now. I had a little touch of arthritis a couple of years ago but I think the combo of the diuretic and using honey has helped me tremendously in that issue. I have also heard CDB oil taken orally helps in that area but can test positive on a drug test. Since I am subject to random drug testing due to being a truck driver I stay away from that stuff.

Big Stu, it isn't fun getting aged right ? We are definitely not aging well like wine or liqor.

For the imported shrimp that caused you issues, all of them are satuated with sodium choloride ( salt ), before they were frozen in order to preserve it. I did not know this umtil I had found out the saltiness I tasted was not from the ocean, since these farm raised shrimps were fresh water shrimps.

Since the episode of kidney stone and stroke , Doc had put me on Lipitor , two kinds of high blood pressure medication, metformin, and baby asperin, taking 6 pills a day plus I have to monitor my blood pressure and glucoss level....... Had never taken so many daily medication before I turned 64. Sorry to say that it's not getting better. Up until I was 55, I was very strong for my size. like Sam Snead I could kick 3 feet over my head if I want to.

Over night, my life flipped up side down. I still have bottles of Scotch and cognac brought back from duty free shop through the years sitting in the dinning room cabinrt , laughing at me. Because I can't drink or shouldn't drink any alcoholic beverages. One of these days If I live to see my grand kids, I'd bust open some bottles to share.

Since when, I had lost interest getting up early in the morninig while still dark outside to get ready for the first tee time of the day.............

I pitty those whom just accumulate their wealth and not living well and help the others while they still could.

Money is everything or, is it ? Didn't take it with you when you arived in this world and couldn;t take a penny with you when you leave ! If I have more to spare, I would try to help those deserving to be helped, I still won't give it away , just because there are already so many deserving a break in life , not like those wasting away, drowning in substance abuse.

I’m not going to say to hang on to your money as your going to need it as you age but hang onto it OR make sure you’ve got good private health insurance. I’m 76 this year. Gave up grog in 1982 totally and stopped smoking in 1996. Always fit and in my early sixties when still working I would play 9 holes 3/5 days before work and run between shots. On Saturdays played Comp. Retired at 64 and played 18 holes three times a week (walk) no problems. We have been paying top private hospital ins. since our late thirties and hardly ever had a claim , what a wasted but then I turned 69 in 2013 . Diagnosed with acute prostate cancer . Had robotic surgery cost $usd 56,000 plus. I was out of pocket $usd 12,000. ( phew I was in hospital two nights only). Every thing good played golf three days a week until 2016 and diagnosed with Temporal Arteritis ,not arthritis, after losing sight in right eye four times as well as other nasties . rushed to hospital pumped full of drug and saved sight. Was on 92 tabs a week mainly to offset side effects of drug that saved sight. Finally got off that drug in Feb. this year. In Sept. last year put in hospital for stent in blocked heart artery ,couldn’t breath ( side effect of initial drug ). Still had / have trouble breathing /stamina subsequent scans confirm scarring of lungs from one of drugs that offset side effect of initial drug .OMG it didn’t stop. As I had no immunity from initial drug ended up with Shingles in feb this year. Now my knees are giving out ie. pain to bend which I’m told is result of initial drug as it eats your bone even though I had drugs to offset it happening . But hey I’ve got my sight and can still walk 18 holes once a week as well as 9 holes . Aside from cost of drugs cost was minimal as I have top private hospital. It’s crap getting old but we all do.

• Like 1

> @Tommix said:

> I’m not going to say to hang on to your money as your going to need it as you age but hang onto it OR make sure you’ve got good private health insurance. I’m 76 this year. Gave up grog in 1982 totally and stopped smoking in 1996. Always fit and in my early sixties when still working I would play 9 holes 3/5 days before work and run between shots. On Saturdays played Comp. Retired at 64 and played 18 holes three times a week (walk) no problems. We have been paying top private hospital ins. since our late thirties and hardly ever had a claim , what a wasted but then I turned 69 in 2013 . Diagnosed with acute prostate cancer . Had robotic surgery cost $usd 56,000 plus. I was out of pocket $usd 12,000. ( phew I was in hospital two nights only). Every thing good played golf three days a week until 2016 and diagnosed with Temporal Arteritis ,not arthritis, after losing sight in right eye four times as well as other nasties . rushed to hospital pumped full of drug and saved sight. Was on 92 tabs a week mainly to offset side effects of drug that saved sight. Finally got off that drug in Feb. this year. In Sept. last year put in hospital for stent in blocked heart artery ,couldn’t breath ( side effect of initial drug ). Still had / have trouble breathing /stamina subsequent scans confirm scarring of lungs from one of drugs that offset side effect of initial drug .OMG it didn’t stop. As I had no immunity from initial drug ended up with Shingles in feb this year. Now my knees are giving out ie. pain to bend which I’m told is result of initial drug as it eats your bone even though I had drugs to offset it happening . But hey I’ve got my sight and can still walk 18 holes once a week as well as 9 holes . Aside from cost of drugs cost was minimal as I have top private hospital. It’s **** getting old but we all do.

You are a brave warrior ! And obviously you had done well to have means to extend the journey.

I don't know to envy you or pray for you.

> @wkuo3 said:

> > @Tommix said:

> > I’m not going to say to hang on to your money as your going to need it as you age but hang onto it OR make sure you’ve got good private health insurance. I’m 76 this year. Gave up grog in 1982 totally and stopped smoking in 1996. Always fit and in my early sixties when still working I would play 9 holes 3/5 days before work and run between shots. On Saturdays played Comp. Retired at 64 and played 18 holes three times a week (walk) no problems. We have been paying top private hospital ins. since our late thirties and hardly ever had a claim , what a wasted but then I turned 69 in 2013 . Diagnosed with acute prostate cancer . Had robotic surgery cost $usd 56,000 plus. I was out of pocket $usd 12,000. ( phew I was in hospital two nights only). Every thing good played golf three days a week until 2016 and diagnosed with Temporal Arteritis ,not arthritis, after losing sight in right eye four times as well as other nasties . rushed to hospital pumped full of drug and saved sight. Was on 92 tabs a week mainly to offset side effects of drug that saved sight. Finally got off that drug in Feb. this year. In Sept. last year put in hospital for stent in blocked heart artery ,couldn’t breath ( side effect of initial drug ). Still had / have trouble breathing /stamina subsequent scans confirm scarring of lungs from one of drugs that offset side effect of initial drug .OMG it didn’t stop. As I had no immunity from initial drug ended up with Shingles in feb this year. Now my knees are giving out ie. pain to bend which I’m told is result of initial drug as it eats your bone even though I had drugs to offset it happening . But hey I’ve got my sight and can still walk 18 holes once a week as well as 9 holes . Aside from cost of drugs cost was minimal as I have top private hospital. It’s **** getting old but we all do.

>

> You are a brave warrior ! And obviously you had done well to have means to extend the journey.

>

> I don't know to envy you or pray for you.

Ha, no neither , not brave just lucky and stubborn.