Monte's efficient swing

i*windows

> @Hawkeye77 said:

> > @Timbo929 said:

> > Just scratched the surface with the videos, but really enjoying the new series.

> >

> > Timing couldn’t be more perfect, my wife all of a sudden wants to learn golf and this series is perfect for her.

>

> LOL, is that because she is loving the golf in the videos or is smitten with the man in the white belt? Careful!

>

> Seriously, that is great news for you! My wife was a tennis player growing up but also played a little golf and enjoys playing. She has enjoyed a little instruction with Monte.

LOL! I’ll keep an eye out to see if she’s watching the drills or the guy doing the drills.. if she’s asks me to wear a white belt, I know I’m in trouble.

Thank you. I’m hoping she’s gets good and our daughters will follow, start going out as a family, trips, school teams, etc.

The thing about this video... most of the ideas are things we've talked about in a lesson. But it's amazing to me how many just sort of slide out of my awareness and don't get really implemented very well. But with the video, which I can (and have) watch multiple times, I can really get the full impact, with really clear idea of how to validate and get good feedback as I practice.

• Like 1

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

> @Stanks said:

> I'm an absolute mess right now with trying all of the drills. This does take time. A lot of time.

Dont move onto the next section until you've got a real good grasp on each segment. Building your golf swing is like building a pyramid, cant complete it without a solid base.

I have been lazy and have not filmed my swing in a few months. I started hitting hooks (old habbit) and assumed it was my typical transition move (right side bend too early). I tried keeping left shoulder down longer and hit everything fat

Finally filmed my swing and my take away had turned pretty foul (sucking it inside too early), which lead to too flat of a turn/hands too deep, which is basically a very hard place to play from. Worked on the take away and back swing exclusively for an hour and saw immediate ball flight improvement.

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Stanks said:

> > I'm an absolute mess right now with trying all of the drills. This does take time. A lot of time.

>

> Dont move onto the next section until you've got a real good grasp on each segment. Building your golf swing is like building a pyramid, cant complete it without a solid base.

>

> I have been lazy and have not filmed my swing in a few months. I started hitting hooks (old habbit) and assumed it was my typical transition move (right side bend too early). I tried keeping left shoulder down longer and hit everything fat

>

> Finally filmed my swing and my take away had turned pretty foul (sucking it inside too early), which lead to too flat of a turn/hands too deep, which is basically a very hard place to play from. Worked on the take away and back swing exclusively for an hour and saw immediate ball flight improvement.

Not a problem brother. Still on the take-away myself and am slowly getting to left arm parallel. It's going to come along, I'm sure of it. I've been playing too long and do to many other sports to let it be the way it is. It's a journey and no one knows it more than me. The last 10 balls in the bucket are for the slow and controlled left arm parallel and maybe a little more.

One thing I am having trouble still rotating with is, my right elbow has been the lead for a good while. This series makes me want to deter from it. Should it be incorporated at left arm parallel?

> @Krt22 said:

> > @Stanks said:

> > I'm an absolute mess right now with trying all of the drills. This does take time. A lot of time.

>

> Dont move onto the next section until you've got a real good grasp on each segment. Building your golf swing is like building a pyramid, cant complete it without a solid base.

>

> I have been lazy and have not filmed my swing in a few months. I started hitting hooks (old habbit) and assumed it was my typical transition move (right side bend too early). I tried keeping left shoulder down longer and hit everything fat

>

> Finally filmed my swing and my take away had turned pretty foul (sucking it inside too early), which lead to too flat of a turn/hands too deep, which is basically a very hard place to play from. Worked on the take away and back swing exclusively for an hour and saw immediate ball flight improvement.

I had this same issue, and the same series helped me. I was looking at the section about wrist hinge, and the drills. Realizing I basically sucked the club behind me and had no wrist hinge vertically. Then I did the drills. It felt like I was going to go way left, because my hands felt so out/in front of my body. Nope, great contact, center of face hit.

Golf is an act of discovery.

> @Stanks said:

> One thing I am having trouble still rotating with is, my right elbow has been the lead for a good while. This series makes me want to deter from it. Should it be incorporated at left arm parallel?

I think you have to experiment a little. Like always Monte’s feels are not intended to be precise but as guidelines. For example, my feel as to when to rotate left arm is later than he describes. It’s the outcome that matters. My senses is you want the plane going back to be such that it is as easy as possible to shallow properly , ie, the momentum is helping, not hurting.

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Got to the transition videos today. How the wrists work in transition video just completely transformed my swing. The best parts of this for me aren’t the drills, it’s the full explanation of what is supposed to be happening and why. I think that’s missing from a ton of golf instruction and it’s incredibly important bc it’s hard to have blind faith in repeating a certain drill/feel over and over without knowing what it’s supposed to accomplish. As an over thinker I need that context and it allows me to go through a full swing in slow motion knowing where my body parts are supposed to be at all times.

• Like 1

I purchased the video. Have also purchased D4D and Use the Bounce and think this is Monte's best work yet.

I decided to use the video and drills a little differently than others, so I thought I'd shared my experience. I pretty much watched the video straight through the first time, then just watched the drills and followed along with all them the second time. I also took notes on all the positions and movements Monte suggested to look for in a real full swing on video and developed my own "scoring system" ranking my performance on each movement/position. This is the first time that I've had a framework to "score" my own swings; I'm really excited to leverage this to become my own coach of sorts. The interesting thing about the video is that Monte only provides commentary backswing, transition and the earliest parts of downswing (which could be considered transition). He even mentions that in the video that he does not really teach impact positions, but it really stuck out when scoring the video of my swing that I did not have any scores for how I looked at impact. Now, I've focused more time on the drills that help the movements/positions that I score poorly on and take full swings focusing on those areas. I'll keep going back and performing every drill because even the ones I gave myself a 3/3 on can still improve.

What I'm really excited about is continuing to score my swings. I have a feeling I'll be able to pretty much be hitting all the movements/positions in just a couple months time getting me to the best swing I've ever had.

> @stlcardinals08 said:

>This is the first time that I've had a framework to "score" my own swings; I'm really excited to leverage this to become my own coach of sorts.

>The interesting thing about the video is that Monte only provides commentary backswing, transition and the earliest parts of downswing (which could be considered transition). He even mentions that in the video that he does not really teach impact positions, but it really stuck out when scoring the video of my swing that I did not have any scores for how I looked at impact.

This is my sense, too. I hope he sells a million of them.

The thing is, as I work thru the backswing and early transition, there's just no doubt I am striking the ball more solidly and more consistently on the swings where the backswing/early transition are better. I am pretty excited, to tell you the truth.

I am also going to use video on the course, and practice with feedback playing for a while. That's the hurdle that's hardest for me... from the range to the course. So I am going to try to use video to help this out.

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

I have made great success in fixing my irons and wedges. All clubs actually except driver. I have had a few duck hooks with the driver now, and have never had this issue. I am still missing left with driver. I do hit some good one as well. I wonder what I am doing wrong with the driver compared to every other club?

> @Ntv69 said:

> I hate the delivery method, with no download option and not a big fan of it all being seperated in so many segments. A bit sorry I jumped gun and bought it.

This is the thing I love most about Monte's videos. If I want to work on one particular thing, I dont want to watch a half hour or 45 minute video and hope I bump into a good drill here and there. In particular I have really been struggling with my transition lately. Its a problem and has definitely been affecting my tee game. So the first thing I do is watch those segments and find the elbow drill. He couldn't have made it easier to go through these videos. Loved D4D for the same reason.

Whenever a new video comes out, I'm always stunned at the price. And FWIW I think this site is 100x easier to use than the old model of having to download every video. My only "complaint" about the new site is I no longer have access to the Use The Bounce video that I bought before - but I'm sure if I emailed them it would take two minutes to fix.

TM Stealth2 10.5* - Ventus TR Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey 46*/50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

> @"Burt Chance" said:

> Two questions:

> 1. How long is the video

> 2. Does it start with the takeaway or the grip/setup?

1. It's not one single video - it's several different shorts. Probably totals some where around an hour and 45 minutes.

2. Starts with a short introduction but then moves right into the takeaway.

I bought the video and really like it a lot, like all the other stuff from Monte. The problem is that due to a busy work life and family I can only have very little range time. The limited time I have available for golf I rather like to play a round once in a while. What I do have time for is to swing a (shortened) club in the basement in front of a mirror once the kids are in bed.

Do you think it is still beneficial to go through the drills without a ball an hence with no feedback on how the ball contact and turf interaction is? Or could it even be detrimental without this feedback? Any hints which drills might work best in dry mode and which ones should be avoided without hitting a ball?

> @rolstix said:

> I bought the video and really like it a lot, like all the other stuff from Monte. The problem is that due to a busy work life and family I can only have very little range time. The limited time I have available for golf I rather like to play a round once in a while. What I do have time for is to swing a (shortened) club in the basement in front of a mirror once the kids are in bed.

> Do you think it is still beneficial to go through the drills without a ball an hence with no feedback on how the ball contact and turf interaction is? Or could it even be detrimental without this feedback? Any hints which drills might work best in dry mode and which ones should be avoided without hitting a ball?

If you have iPhone/iPad there’s an app called mirror vision which is great for seeing your swing/drills as you work thru the feels without a ball.

• Like 1

TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

My only complaint is that while I was traveling and do not have internet access I couldn’t watch. Is there a work around to make them available when there is no internet access?

• Like 1

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

> @smdykas said:

> I have made great success in fixing my irons and wedges. All clubs actually except driver. I have had a few duck hooks with the driver now, and have never had this issue. I am still missing left with driver. I do hit some good one as well. I wonder what I am doing wrong with the driver compared to every other club?

I fixed the issue. My shoulders were way open at set up with the driver. I realized this as I was working on the drills for taking the club back. Just an FYI

> @Krt22 said:

> You can DL the files into the app, they should stay there for 1 month according to the app

Except the app would not open when WiFi was not available

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Anyone still having any problems, contact [email protected]. For those who haven’t purchased yet, you have less than 48 hours to purchase for $34 before it goes up to $49 on May 1st.

https://rebelliongolf.com/videos/efficient-swing/

• Like 1

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL