Nicklaus, Woods or Hogan? An extremely 'scientific' look at who had golf's most impressive comeback.

dropkicked

still hard to believe Tiger won the Masters 2019... ha? where did this come from? Guy was done and out.. bionically pieced together to go up against the fearless young guns... no chance.,.. then it happened.. 2018 tour championship, some so so play afterwards and boom: Champ in a major again.. one that suits the young bombers..and they all played well and could have won

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

> @tatertot said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @tatertot said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > From Darth: No need to be cynical, Hogan's comeback really was that great.

> > > >

> > > > Better stated, it was great for the time and the given medical technology.

> > > >

> > > > Hogan's injuries would be consistent or typical with an accident of today of the same speed and directional impact. However, his "full-frame" car did not absorb any energy essentially making his injuries worse when compared to the same accident involving a "uni-body" car of today. However, it was just an accident. His body healed and he came back. The doctors and trauma surgeons of today would have handled things differently possibly making Hogan's return even faster.

> > > >

> > > > Tiger's comeback was nothing short of miraculous. He faced challenges in all segments of his life - mental, personal, marital, family, addiction, physical and emotional. That dude was a train wreck.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > All things being equal:

> > > >

> > > > If two separate groups of 100 people faced the circumstances - one group Hogan and one group Tiger, I truly believe we would see the following results:

> > > >

> > > > Hogan accident: 75-80% would recover

> > > > Tiger issue: 1-3% would recover

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > If you think 75% of people who went through what Hogan did would have come back to be a professional athlete, you're nuts.

> >

> > It was a car accident, period. It's depiction was embellished given the era in the same manner as a campfire story. The human body is designed to heal.

> >

> > Look at what happened last year when Finau twisted his ankle and everyone freaked out. We had every "web forum doctor" giving his 2 cents worth. In the end was just a twisted ankle and he went on to play really well in that tournament.

> > Again, the human body is designed to heal.

> >

> >

>

> You realize people were twice as likely to die from a car accident in 1949 as they are today, right? No air bags, no shoulder seatbelts, no crash zones.

>

> And while you assume Hogan's wreck was "embellished" (take a look at the wreck again), you assume Tiger's was on the up and up, even though there are photos of him deep sea fishing while he supposedly couldn't walk.

>

> This is pathetic ... both men accomplished great things. Why degrade one to build up the other one?

I am not degrading one or the other. I am simply saying that we all witnessed Tiger's problems firsthand. 90% of all people thought he was done, out...........gone. The other 10% held on to hope.

None of us were there firsthand with Hogan. There was no social media. We rely on the written word of the time.

Being familiar with the quality of journalism at the time, I am critical of the reports and written word. That sort of thing hadn't happened to another player - it was sensational news.

Today I sat and listened to a petulant teenager argue about why he shouldn't be punished for passing a stopped school bus with it's lights on and stop sign out in my parking lot. In truth, he made a more compelling argument than some of what I am seeing in this thread, and he didn't have a leg to stand on.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

> @gvogel said:

> Greyhound Bus: 1; Fire Hydrant: 0.

>

> That's all you need to know.

have to say..for pure magnitude of event, Hogan was lucky he didn't die or get paralyzed. I would give him the edge on the most unlikely come back.

There is only one Tiger though. ;)

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

> @Ferguson said:

> > @tatertot said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > From Darth: No need to be cynical, Hogan's comeback really was that great.

> > > > >

> > > > > Better stated, it was great for the time and the given medical technology.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hogan's injuries would be consistent or typical with an accident of today of the same speed and directional impact. However, his "full-frame" car did not absorb any energy essentially making his injuries worse when compared to the same accident involving a "uni-body" car of today. However, it was just an accident. His body healed and he came back. The doctors and trauma surgeons of today would have handled things differently possibly making Hogan's return even faster.

> > > > >

> > > > > Tiger's comeback was nothing short of miraculous. He faced challenges in all segments of his life - mental, personal, marital, family, addiction, physical and emotional. That dude was a train wreck.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > All things being equal:

> > > > >

> > > > > If two separate groups of 100 people faced the circumstances - one group Hogan and one group Tiger, I truly believe we would see the following results:

> > > > >

> > > > > Hogan accident: 75-80% would recover

> > > > > Tiger issue: 1-3% would recover

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > If you think 75% of people who went through what Hogan did would have come back to be a professional athlete, you're nuts.

> > >

> > > It was a car accident, period. It's depiction was embellished given the era in the same manner as a campfire story. The human body is designed to heal.

> > >

> > > Look at what happened last year when Finau twisted his ankle and everyone freaked out. We had every "web forum doctor" giving his 2 cents worth. In the end was just a twisted ankle and he went on to play really well in that tournament.

> > > Again, the human body is designed to heal.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You realize people were twice as likely to die from a car accident in 1949 as they are today, right? No air bags, no shoulder seatbelts, no crash zones.

> >

> > And while you assume Hogan's wreck was "embellished" (take a look at the wreck again), you assume Tiger's was on the up and up, even though there are photos of him deep sea fishing while he supposedly couldn't walk.

> >

> > This is pathetic ... both men accomplished great things. Why degrade one to build up the other one?

>

> I am not degrading one or the other. I am simply saying that we all witnessed Tiger's problems firsthand. 90% of all people thought he was done, out...........gone. The other 10% held on to hope.

>

> None of us were there firsthand with Hogan. There was no social media. We rely on the written word of the time.

> Being familiar with the quality of journalism at the time, I am critical of the reports and written word. That sort of thing hadn't happened to another player - it was sensational news.

You're slipping.

The Ferguson I know would have accused Hogan of a massive hoax to cover up a year long gambling suspension.

> @tatertot said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @tatertot said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > From Darth: No need to be cynical, Hogan's comeback really was that great.

> > > >

> > > > Better stated, it was great for the time and the given medical technology.

> > > >

> > > > Hogan's injuries would be consistent or typical with an accident of today of the same speed and directional impact. However, his "full-frame" car did not absorb any energy essentially making his injuries worse when compared to the same accident involving a "uni-body" car of today. However, it was just an accident. His body healed and he came back. The doctors and trauma surgeons of today would have handled things differently possibly making Hogan's return even faster.

> > > >

> > > > Tiger's comeback was nothing short of miraculous. He faced challenges in all segments of his life - mental, personal, marital, family, addiction, physical and emotional. That dude was a train wreck.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > All things being equal:

> > > >

> > > > If two separate groups of 100 people faced the circumstances - one group Hogan and one group Tiger, I truly believe we would see the following results:

> > > >

> > > > Hogan accident: 75-80% would recover

> > > > Tiger issue: 1-3% would recover

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > If you think 75% of people who went through what Hogan did would have come back to be a professional athlete, you're nuts.

> >

> > It was a car accident, period. It's depiction was embellished given the era in the same manner as a campfire story. The human body is designed to heal.

> >

> > Look at what happened last year when Finau twisted his ankle and everyone freaked out. We had every "web forum doctor" giving his 2 cents worth. In the end was just a twisted ankle and he went on to play really well in that tournament.

> > Again, the human body is designed to heal.

> >

> >

>

> You realize people were twice as likely to die from a car accident in 1949 as they are today, right? No air bags, no shoulder seatbelts, no crash zones.

>

> And while you assume Hogan's wreck was "embellished" (take a look at the wreck again), **you assume Tiger's was on the up and up, even though there are photos of him deep sea fishing while he supposedly couldn't walk**.

>

> This is pathetic ... both men accomplished great things. Why degrade one to build up the other one?

Huh? Please share these photos with us. I doubt you can find them.

> @Golfnutgalen said:

> I don't think you guys read the article. Hard to blame you there because it's pretty dumb. Hogan won the first and I would argue most important category, but did not overall because of a bunch of minor inclusions.

>

> Here's all the categories for good measure:

> 1. The Lowest Low: Hogan (3), Tiger (2), Jack (3)

> 2. The Previous High: Jack (3), Tiger (2), Hogan (1)

> 3. Haters: Tiger (3), Jack (2), Hogan (1)

> 4. Time In ****: Tiger (3), Jack (2), Hogan (1)

> 5. Post comeback domination: Hogan (3), Tiger (2), Jack (1)

> 6. Oldness: Jack (3), Tiger (2), Hogan (1)

> 7. Drama of the comeback: Jack (3), Hogan (2), Tiger (1)

> 8. The Celebration: Hogan (3), Tiger (2), Jack (1)

>

> Final Scores:

> Tiger (17), Jack (16), Hogan (15)

>

i read it ... it's silly to put jack above hogan for any reason ... i can listen to an argument for tiger's comeback ... jack's wasn't really a comeback, anyway ... he didn't "come back" to more wins ... he got hot at the right time and made the most of it ... it's happened to many golfers late in their career ... hogan came back and dominated even though his play was limited by the physical toll of the wreck's effects ...

I’m not a fan of hogan but his was the greatest and it’s not even close...

Doctors were convinced he may not walk, let alone golf, let alone win majors....

My better half is a physician and if an MD says u may lose the ability to walk and u win the friggin US Open then you completed the greatest sports comeback, maybe ever...

-Chris

• Like 3

Srixon Z745 Japanese Tour 430cc Tour AD-DJ7 XX
Srixon zU45 (2,3) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Srixon JDM Z945 (4-PW) KBS Tour 130X White Pearl 2* up
Cleveland 588 DSG(52,56,60) KBS Tour 130X White 2* up
dumbest putter ever...backstryke with tons of lead tape

> @cdnglf said:

> > @Hawkeye77 said:

> > > @halliedog said:

> > > Assume you are speaking to Tiger? Was it injuries that started the decline, or his lack of playing for nearly 5 years due to "personal issues"? Everyone gets a trophy in your world I guess.

> > >

> > > Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I never see him dropping below 656 in OWGR? http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=5321

> > >

> > > When was he ranked 1199, and what ranking was that? He ended 2018 at #13, hardly a long-shot to win. What were his Vegas odds to win starting Sunday playing in the next to last group? (3-1) Hardly a long shot or surprise. And I'll respectfully disagree that the start of his downfall was physical instead of mental, but that made a convenient excuse for him didn't it?

> > He was 1199 in November of 2017.

>

> And battled back 500 spots in a single week, thanks to an invite he gave himself to the Charity OWGR Points for Tiger Challenge. Talk about overcoming adversity!

It’s good to be Kang!

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @redfirebird08 said:

> > @RobotDoctor said:

> > I would think anyone rational would place Ben Hogan on the top of the list, considering he almost died and there was a good chance he wouldn't walk again. What many people don't realize is that Hogan sacrificed his life to save his wife's during that accident by placing his body in front of hers as impact was going to happen. That completely selfless act might have added to the severity of his injuries. Then again, his car was hit head on by a bus that veered into his lane on an isolated stretch of highway. Also consider that medical techniques back in the 40s were not nearly what they are today. Tiger Woods came back from debilitating spinal cord/back issues as well as knee issues. Jack Nicklaus came back from a period of less than stellar play. To put Nicklaus head of Ben Hogan and to place Ben Hogan last on this comparison is simply ludicrous. Ben Hogan first followed by Tiger Woods, several points below Hogan, followed by Nicklaus many points below that.

>

> Agree 100% with how you ranked them on the comebacks. I would say it's also possible that Hogan accidentally saved his own life by moving away from the driver's seat. Steering wheel could have crushed him if he stayed there and it was pushed up against the driver's seat.

>

> For a horrible situation, it worked out about as well as possible for him and his wife. It is absolutely incredible he was able to win any golf tournament, never mind 6 out of 8 major attempts! Simply jawdropping. They both lived into pretty old age as well despite the accident, which is great.

You're absolutely correct in that by putting himself in front of his wife Ben Hogan saved his own life. There's no doubt in my mind seeing the picture that he would have suffered fatal injuries had he not moved.

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / SW: Mizuno T-22, 52° (bent to 50°)/ 56° (bent to 54°), True Temper S400

LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

Putter:  Byron Morgan Epic Day custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips:  BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on

What the heck did Nicklaus come back from-age? Geez! He had a hot week at an age where even pro golfers are well past their prime. To say his 86 masters was a comeback from something is utterly stupid and ridiculous.

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5°/Xcaliber SL 45 a flex,Callaway Rogue ST Max Heavenwood/Xcaliber FW a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 3h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 ST-H 4h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour TC 5h/Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby KE4 Tour+ 6-G/Xcaliber Rapid Taper a flex, Maltby Max Milled 54° & 58°/Xcaliber Wedge 85 r flex, Mizuno Bettinardi C06

**science has never been wrong**

Probably the most important part of the article. Science is wrong all the time. Is coffee good for you today or bad? What will the journals say next week?

If Tiger ties or breaks 18 majors then you'd have to vote for Tiger's comeback as #1. Chances of that are thin but we are saying there is a chance in a million.

SIM 2 Max 9.0 turned 7.0
TM Sim2 Titaniu, 13.5
TM RBZ 19* hybrid

TM RBZ 22* hybrid
Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
Vokey SM7 58* M Grind

> @Bad9 said:

> What the heck did Nicklaus come back from-age? Geez! He had a hot week at an age where even pro golfers are well past their prime. To say his 86 masters was a comeback from something is utterly stupid and ridiculous.

Advanced/old age really sucks! If you're not old I suggest that you stay young. It really sucks!!!

In seriousness, I agree that there is a level of legitimacy regarding Woods and Hogan being compared but Nicklaus in this equation is really not on the same plane. Completely different situation.

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

> @SNIPERBBB said:

> **science has never been wrong**

> Probably the most important part of the article. Science is wrong all the time. Is coffee good for you today or bad? What will the journals say next week?

>

> If Tiger ties or breaks 18 majors then you'd have to vote for Tiger's comeback as #1. Chances of that are thin but we are saying there is a chance in a million.

With regard to Hogan and Woods, who really cares who is #1 in terms of comebacks. Different times, different situations, different medical requirements, both very impressive. My wife went through a L5/S1 spinal fusion, the very same one Woods had done, and I can attest that pre-surgery she was pretty much nearly incapacitated and in very serious pain. Her quality of life was very poor. Post surgery, at least the first 3 weeks are equally debilitation to her. About week 4 she started to feel better but had to watch carefully how she moved her back. She was limited in movement for months. That was the same as Woods so to see how Tiger has recovered from that and achieved what he has is very impressive. Keep in mind he had a lot of help along the way and had the very best medical personnel attending to his surgery and recovery. Ben Hogan didn't have that and medicine practiced in 1949 wasn't nearly as advanced as what it is today. Hogan was in a horrific accident and while some people scoffed at his fractures, contusions, clotting as trivial, I doubt it really was trivial. Both comebacks were/are impressive and no comparison to me is needed.

Have to love the sensationalism journalistic period we now live in .

• Like 1

> @tiderider said:

> > @Golfnutgalen said:

> > I don't think you guys read the article. Hard to blame you there because it's pretty dumb. Hogan won the first and I would argue most important category, but did not overall because of a bunch of minor inclusions.

> >

> > Here's all the categories for good measure:

> > 1. The Lowest Low: Hogan (3), Tiger (2), Jack (3)

> > 2. The Previous High: Jack (3), Tiger (2), Hogan (1)

> > 3. Haters: Tiger (3), Jack (2), Hogan (1)

> > 4. Time In ****: Tiger (3), Jack (2), Hogan (1)

> > 5. Post comeback domination: Hogan (3), Tiger (2), Jack (1)

> > 6. Oldness: Jack (3), Tiger (2), Hogan (1)

> > 7. Drama of the comeback: Jack (3), Hogan (2), Tiger (1)

> > 8. The Celebration: Hogan (3), Tiger (2), Jack (1)

> >

> > Final Scores:

> > Tiger (17), Jack (16), Hogan (15)

> >

>

> i read it ... it's silly to put jack above hogan for any reason ... i can listen to an argument for tiger's comeback ... jack's wasn't really a comeback, anyway ... he didn't "come back" to more wins ... he got hot at the right time and made the most of it ... it's happened to many golfers late in their career ... hogan came back and dominated even though his play was limited by the physical toll of the wreck's effects ...

This article reminds me of the movie **Idiocracy**

> @gvogel said:

> Greyhound Bus: 1; Fire Hydrant: 0.

>

> That's all you need to know.

Exactly, but hey, its just a fluff article written by a fluff writer. I put no stock in this article

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

> @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > @tatertot said:

> > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > From Darth: No need to be cynical, Hogan's comeback really was that great.

> > > > >

> > > > > Better stated, it was great for the time and the given medical technology.

> > > > >

> > > > > Hogan's injuries would be consistent or typical with an accident of today of the same speed and directional impact. However, his "full-frame" car did not absorb any energy essentially making his injuries worse when compared to the same accident involving a "uni-body" car of today. However, it was just an accident. His body healed and he came back. The doctors and trauma surgeons of today would have handled things differently possibly making Hogan's return even faster.

> > > > >

> > > > > Tiger's comeback was nothing short of miraculous. He faced challenges in all segments of his life - mental, personal, marital, family, addiction, physical and emotional. That dude was a train wreck.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > All things being equal:

> > > > >

> > > > > If two separate groups of 100 people faced the circumstances - one group Hogan and one group Tiger, I truly believe we would see the following results:

> > > > >

> > > > > Hogan accident: 75-80% would recover

> > > > > Tiger issue: 1-3% would recover

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > If you think 75% of people who went through what Hogan did would have come back to be a professional athlete, you're nuts.

> > >

> > > It was a car accident, period. It's depiction was embellished given the era in the same manner as a campfire story. The human body is designed to heal.

> > >

> > > Look at what happened last year when Finau twisted his ankle and everyone freaked out. We had every "web forum doctor" giving his 2 cents worth. In the end was just a twisted ankle and he went on to play really well in that tournament.

> > > Again, the human body is designed to heal.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You realize people were twice as likely to die from a car accident in 1949 as they are today, right? No air bags, no shoulder seatbelts, no crash zones.

> >

> > And while you assume Hogan's wreck was "embellished" (take a look at the wreck again), **you assume Tiger's was on the up and up, even though there are photos of him deep sea fishing while he supposedly couldn't walk**.

> >

> > This is pathetic ... both men accomplished great things. Why degrade one to build up the other one?

> Huh? Please share these photos with us. I doubt you can find them.

>

You mean this one?

http://www.golfwrx.com/464432/tiger-woods-battles-terrifying-deep-sea-creature-wins/

• Like 2

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

> @tatertot said:

> > @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > > @tatertot said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > From Darth: No need to be cynical, Hogan's comeback really was that great.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Better stated, it was great for the time and the given medical technology.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hogan's injuries would be consistent or typical with an accident of today of the same speed and directional impact. However, his "full-frame" car did not absorb any energy essentially making his injuries worse when compared to the same accident involving a "uni-body" car of today. However, it was just an accident. His body healed and he came back. The doctors and trauma surgeons of today would have handled things differently possibly making Hogan's return even faster.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Tiger's comeback was nothing short of miraculous. He faced challenges in all segments of his life - mental, personal, marital, family, addiction, physical and emotional. That dude was a train wreck.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All things being equal:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If two separate groups of 100 people faced the circumstances - one group Hogan and one group Tiger, I truly believe we would see the following results:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hogan accident: 75-80% would recover

> > > > > > Tiger issue: 1-3% would recover

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > If you think 75% of people who went through what Hogan did would have come back to be a professional athlete, you're nuts.

> > > >

> > > > It was a car accident, period. It's depiction was embellished given the era in the same manner as a campfire story. The human body is designed to heal.

> > > >

> > > > Look at what happened last year when Finau twisted his ankle and everyone freaked out. We had every "web forum doctor" giving his 2 cents worth. In the end was just a twisted ankle and he went on to play really well in that tournament.

> > > > Again, the human body is designed to heal.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You realize people were twice as likely to die from a car accident in 1949 as they are today, right? No air bags, no shoulder seatbelts, no crash zones.

> > >

> > > And while you assume Hogan's wreck was "embellished" (take a look at the wreck again), **you assume Tiger's was on the up and up, even though there are photos of him deep sea fishing while he supposedly couldn't walk**.

> > >

> > > This is pathetic ... both men accomplished great things. Why degrade one to build up the other one?

> > Huh? Please share these photos with us. I doubt you can find them.

> >

>

> You mean this one?

> http://www.golfwrx.com/464432/tiger-woods-battles-terrifying-deep-sea-creature-wins/

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Tiger was scamming anyone. I'm saying the media - and mainly the Tigermaniacs - would have you believe he was receiving his last rights several times during 2016-2017.

> @tatertot said:

> > @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > > @tatertot said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > From Darth: No need to be cynical, Hogan's comeback really was that great.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Better stated, it was great for the time and the given medical technology.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Hogan's injuries would be consistent or typical with an accident of today of the same speed and directional impact. However, his "full-frame" car did not absorb any energy essentially making his injuries worse when compared to the same accident involving a "uni-body" car of today. However, it was just an accident. His body healed and he came back. The doctors and trauma surgeons of today would have handled things differently possibly making Hogan's return even faster.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Tiger's comeback was nothing short of miraculous. He faced challenges in all segments of his life - mental, personal, marital, family, addiction, physical and emotional. That dude was a train wreck.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If two separate groups of 100 people faced the circumstances - one group Hogan and one group Tiger, I truly believe we would see the following results:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > If you think 75% of people who went through what Hogan did would have come back to be a professional athlete, you're nuts.

> > > >

> > > > It was a car accident, period. It's depiction was embellished given the era in the same manner as a campfire story. The human body is designed to heal.

> > > >

> > > > Look at what happened last year when Finau twisted his ankle and everyone freaked out. We had every "web forum doctor" giving his 2 cents worth. In the end was just a twisted ankle and he went on to play really well in that tournament.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You realize people were twice as likely to die from a car accident in 1949 as they are today, right? No air bags, no shoulder seatbelts, no crash zones.

> > >

> > > And while you assume Hogan's wreck was "embellished" (take a look at the wreck again), **you assume Tiger's was on the up and up, even though there are photos of him deep sea fishing while he supposedly couldn't walk**.

> > >

> > > This is pathetic ... both men accomplished great things. Why degrade one to build up the other one?

> > Huh? Please share these photos with us. I doubt you can find them.

> >

>

> You mean this one?

> http://www.golfwrx.com/464432/tiger-woods-battles-terrifying-deep-sea-creature-wins/

That was after the fusion.

This is prior to the fusion...

"It was not a fun time," Woods said. "Tough couple of years there. But I was able to start to walk again. I was able to participate in life. I was able to be around my kids again, be at their games and their practices. Got to take them to school again. These were all things I couldn't do for a very long time. Golf was not in my future or even in my distant future. Playing the game again, I couldn't even do that with my son Charlie. I couldn't do that in my backyard. After the surgery, I started to feel a lot better."

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/26497754/tiger-thought-was-done-golf-2017

> @tatertot said:

> > @tatertot said:

> > > @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > From Darth: No need to be cynical, Hogan's comeback really was that great.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Better stated, it was great for the time and the given medical technology.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Hogan's injuries would be consistent or typical with an accident of today of the same speed and directional impact. However, his "full-frame" car did not absorb any energy essentially making his injuries worse when compared to the same accident involving a "uni-body" car of today. However, it was just an accident. His body healed and he came back. The doctors and trauma surgeons of today would have handled things differently possibly making Hogan's return even faster.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Tiger's comeback was nothing short of miraculous. He faced challenges in all segments of his life - mental, personal, marital, family, addiction, physical and emotional. That dude was a train wreck.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > All things being equal:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If two separate groups of 100 people faced the circumstances - one group Hogan and one group Tiger, I truly believe we would see the following results:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Hogan accident: 75-80% would recover

> > > > > > > Tiger issue: 1-3% would recover

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you think 75% of people who went through what Hogan did would have come back to be a professional athlete, you're nuts.

> > > > >

> > > > > It was a car accident, period. It's depiction was embellished given the era in the same manner as a campfire story. The human body is designed to heal.

> > > > >

> > > > > Look at what happened last year when Finau twisted his ankle and everyone freaked out. We had every "web forum doctor" giving his 2 cents worth. In the end was just a twisted ankle and he went on to play really well in that tournament.

> > > > > Again, the human body is designed to heal.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You realize people were twice as likely to die from a car accident in 1949 as they are today, right? No air bags, no shoulder seatbelts, no crash zones.

> > > >

> > > > And while you assume Hogan's wreck was "embellished" (take a look at the wreck again), **you assume Tiger's was on the up and up, even though there are photos of him deep sea fishing while he supposedly couldn't walk**.

> > > >

> > > > This is pathetic ... both men accomplished great things. Why degrade one to build up the other one?

> > > Huh? Please share these photos with us. I doubt you can find them.

> > >

> >

> > You mean this one?

> > http://www.golfwrx.com/464432/tiger-woods-battles-terrifying-deep-sea-creature-wins/

>

> And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Tiger was scamming anyone. I'm saying the media - and mainly the Tigermaniacs - would have you believe he was receiving his last rights several times during 2016-2017.

As I thought. Tiger had his spinal fusion surgery in April. The pics you provided were from August. Your assertion was incorrect.

• Like 1

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> > @Ferguson said:

> > > @tatertot said:

> > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > > And while you assume Hogan's wreck was "embellished" (take a look at the wreck again), you assume Tiger's was on the up and up, even though there are photos of him deep sea fishing while he supposedly couldn't walk.

> > >

> >

> > I am not degrading one or the other. I am simply saying that we all witnessed Tiger's problems firsthand. 90% of all people thought he was done, out...........gone. The other 10% held on to hope.

> >

> > None of us were there firsthand with Hogan. There was no social media. We rely on the written word of the time.

> > Being familiar with the quality of journalism at the time, I am critical of the reports and written word. That sort of thing hadn't happened to another player - it was sensational news.

>

> You're slipping.

>

> The Ferguson I know would have accused Hogan of a massive hoax to cover up a year long gambling suspension.

>

>

>

>

LOL.

> @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > @tatertot said:

> > > @tatertot said:

> > > > @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > > > > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > From Darth: No need to be cynical, Hogan's comeback really was that great.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Better stated, it was great for the time and the given medical technology.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Hogan's injuries would be consistent or typical with an accident of today of the same speed and directional impact. However, his "full-frame" car did not absorb any energy essentially making his injuries worse when compared to the same accident involving a "uni-body" car of today. However, it was just an accident. His body healed and he came back. The doctors and trauma surgeons of today would have handled things differently possibly making Hogan's return even faster.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Tiger's comeback was nothing short of miraculous. He faced challenges in all segments of his life - mental, personal, marital, family, addiction, physical and emotional. That dude was a train wreck.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > All things being equal:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If two separate groups of 100 people faced the circumstances - one group Hogan and one group Tiger, I truly believe we would see the following results:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Hogan accident: 75-80% would recover

> > > > > > > > Tiger issue: 1-3% would recover

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you think 75% of people who went through what Hogan did would have come back to be a professional athlete, you're nuts.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It was a car accident, period. It's depiction was embellished given the era in the same manner as a campfire story. The human body is designed to heal.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Look at what happened last year when Finau twisted his ankle and everyone freaked out. We had every "web forum doctor" giving his 2 cents worth. In the end was just a twisted ankle and he went on to play really well in that tournament.

> > > > > > Again, the human body is designed to heal.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > You realize people were twice as likely to die from a car accident in 1949 as they are today, right? No air bags, no shoulder seatbelts, no crash zones.

> > > > >

> > > > > And while you assume Hogan's wreck was "embellished" (take a look at the wreck again), **you assume Tiger's was on the up and up, even though there are photos of him deep sea fishing while he supposedly couldn't walk**.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is pathetic ... both men accomplished great things. Why degrade one to build up the other one?

> > > > Huh? Please share these photos with us. I doubt you can find them.

> > > >

> > >

> > > You mean this one?

> > > http://www.golfwrx.com/464432/tiger-woods-battles-terrifying-deep-sea-creature-wins/

> >

> > And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Tiger was scamming anyone. I'm saying the media - and mainly the Tigermaniacs - would have you believe he was receiving his last rights several times during 2016-2017.

> As I thought. Tiger had his spinal fusion surgery in April. The pics you provided were from August. Your assertion was incorrect.

>

There were Tiger fans - some from this site - certain Tiger was in a hospital bed right up to the time he tweeted his first pitch shot from his back yard in late August, so you can jam your "assertions" right where the flagstick won't fit.

Spinal fusion is no joke. The problem with the L5/S1 region is sciatica. That's where the sciatic nerve is. That's a very, very painful and debilitating area. I've seen what happens to someone who suffered from this and is is not good.

• Like 1

> @tatertot said:

> > @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > > @tatertot said:

> > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > @"Birdie Mac" said:

> > > > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > @tatertot said:

> > > > > > > > > @Ferguson said:

> > > > > > > > > From Darth: No need to be cynical, Hogan's comeback really was that great.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Better stated, it was great for the time and the given medical technology.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Hogan's injuries would be consistent or typical with an accident of today of the same speed and directional impact. However, his "full-frame" car did not absorb any energy essentially making his injuries worse when compared to the same accident involving a "uni-body" car of today. However, it was just an accident. His body healed and he came back. The doctors and trauma surgeons of today would have handled things differently possibly making Hogan's return even faster.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Tiger's comeback was nothing short of miraculous. He faced challenges in all segments of his life - mental, personal, marital, family, addiction, physical and emotional. That dude was a train wreck.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > All things being equal:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If two separate groups of 100 people faced the circumstances - one group Hogan and one group Tiger, I truly believe we would see the following results:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Hogan accident: 75-80% would recover

> > > > > > > > > Tiger issue: 1-3% would recover

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you think 75% of people who went through what Hogan did would have come back to be a professional athlete, you're nuts.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It was a car accident, period. It's depiction was embellished given the era in the same manner as a campfire story. The human body is designed to heal.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Look at what happened last year when Finau twisted his ankle and everyone freaked out. We had every "web forum doctor" giving his 2 cents worth. In the end was just a twisted ankle and he went on to play really well in that tournament.

> > > > > > > Again, the human body is designed to heal.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You realize people were twice as likely to die from a car accident in 1949 as they are today, right? No air bags, no shoulder seatbelts, no crash zones.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And while you assume Hogan's wreck was "embellished" (take a look at the wreck again), **you assume Tiger's was on the up and up, even though there are photos of him deep sea fishing while he supposedly couldn't walk**.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is pathetic ... both men accomplished great things. Why degrade one to build up the other one?

> > > > > Huh? Please share these photos with us. I doubt you can find them.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You mean this one?

> > > > http://www.golfwrx.com/464432/tiger-woods-battles-terrifying-deep-sea-creature-wins/

> > >

> > > And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Tiger was scamming anyone. I'm saying the media - and mainly the Tigermaniacs - would have you believe he was receiving his last rights several times during 2016-2017.

> > As I thought. Tiger had his spinal fusion surgery in April. The pics you provided were from August. Your assertion was incorrect.

> >

>

> There were Tiger fans - some from this site - certain Tiger was in a hospital bed right up to the time he tweeted his first pitch shot from his back yard in late August, so you can jam your "assertions" right where the flagstick won't fit.

So, uh, as for what you asserted . . .

![](https://media.giphy.com/media/3otPoPoCbPjSP4ktGw/giphy.gif "")