G410 hybrid

JamesG12

Hit my G410 19 today for the first time. Evenflow Black 85g 6.5. Possibly my favorite club in the bag now. I’m starting over after more than a decade of almost no golf so my experience and ball striking aren’t anything to brag about. I thought when I picked it up with that weight and flex that it would be a lot to handle but it surprised me. I’m 35 and stay in better than average shape. Mizuno shaft optimizer wanted me in X flex irons so I went with the 6.5 flex in the Evenflows.

Thinking of this as a possible 3w replacement.

Have a 790 udi 2 iron now.

But thinking a g410 17* down to 15.5* might be a good option for me

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

Got fitted the other week for a new hybrid. Tested TM M6, Ping 410 and 400, and Titleist (don't remember exact model). Was looking primarily to fill a gap and the 410 gave the best numbers. Feel-wise I didn't notice a huge difference between 410 to 400. Both were stock Alta S flex 70g shafts (I was told by the pro the shafts are "in the 70g class but actually weigh 76. If anyone can confirm or deny that's great). I actually got less distance and more spin from the 410 which was good for the gap I'm looking to fill. Will likely hit again before buying to confirm because saving some coin on the 400 is an added bonus. My driver is the 400 max as well.

> @Jmggrt11 said:

> Got fitted the other week for a new hybrid. Tested TM M6, Ping 410 and 400, and Titleist (don't remember exact model). Was looking primarily to fill a gap and the 410 gave the best numbers. Feel-wise I didn't notice a huge difference between 410 to 400. Both were stock Alta S flex 70g shafts (I was told by the pro the shafts are "in the 70g class but actually weigh 76. If anyone can confirm or deny that's great). I actually got less distance and more spin from the 410 which was good for the gap I'm looking to fill. Will likely hit again before buying to confirm because saving some coin on the 400 is an added bonus. My driver is the 400 max as well.

PING Alta CB in the G400 hybrid is 76g in the 19* stock shaft length and at Stiff flex is 2.9 Torque. Called PING customer service last week about this very question

PING G430 LST 10.5° | DIAMANA GT 60X

COBRA DARKSPEED X 3HF 16.5° | HZRDUS BLACK 70X

PING G425 7W 20.5° | DIAMANA GT 70X

SRIXON ZX5 5-6 | MMT TAPER 105TX

SRIXON ZX7 7-PW | MMT TAPER 105TX

PING GLIDE 4.0 50°/54°/58° | MMT WEDGE 125TX

ODYSSEY TRI-HOT 5K SEVEN DB

SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND 

I switched from G30 19 and 22 to G410 19 and 22 with Ping Tour 85 R shafts. I hit all the stock shaft offerings and this one was by far the best match for me. Feel is incredible. Much straighter flight. I have lost the big hooks I sometimes had with the G30. Definitely longer than the G30's too. Love them. So easy to hit. Getting 190-210 with the 22 and 205-225 with the 19.

Finally got to use my 410 17degree hybrid on my recent trip and I noticed a big difference in distance from my ping g. Glad I can adjust the loft upward a degree because this thing was flying ten yards further. Other than the distance it performed very similar; the new face they put in has a different feel and sound I don't love yet, but still a great club. Ping hybrids have always worked best for me and are underrated I think.

> @kcd38 said:

> Question, what shaft do you all have in the 410? I have the tensei blue and cant tell if I like it. Wanted to see if anyone had a shaft with less action

I'm playing the Tour 85 in Regular. I play stiff in my fairways and irons, as well as my Apex hybrids. HZRDUS Yellow 75 5.5 in Driver, but could play 6.0

I find the Tour 85 to be a great mid piercing flight and a smooth kick. A little firm to flex as I don't hook it as I usually do regular flex shafts.

I also found the Tensei Blue shafts I've tried to be loose. Seems no matter how they try, Mitsubishi can't improve on the Original Blueboard.........

Rogue ST Max LS Oban Devotion 6/03 10.5, -1* @45.25" 

Paradym 3HL  Kai’li 60 R
Ping G410 19*,  22* & 26* Riptide CB 80 5.5
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-AW, SF i80cw R,  Or Cobra Forged Tec Black 6-GW, SF i95cw R   
PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

> @RainShadow said:

> > @kcd38 said:

> > Question, what shaft do you all have in the 410? I have the tensei blue and cant tell if I like it. Wanted to see if anyone had a shaft with less action

>

> I'm playing the Tour 85 in Regular. I play stiff in my fairways and irons, as well as my Apex hybrids. HZRDUS Yellow 75 5.5 in Driver, but could play 6.0

> I find the Tour 85 to be a great mid piercing flight and a smooth kick. A little firm to flex as I don't hook it as I usually do regular flex shafts.

> I also found the Tensei Blue shafts I've tried to be loose. Seems no matter how they try, Mitsubishi can't improve on the Original Blueboard.........

I may just need to get used to it, but I have noticed that as well. When hit well, I love the mid-high flight. Was also considering looking into a HZRDUS Red or an evenflow

I was fit into and bought a 22 degree g410 last month. I went with the stock alta cb because it was so spinny (55k-59k). I hit it with the alta in x flex (knocked 500-800 revs off) as well as the tensi shaft in s and x (both spun almost 1k less than the comparable alta).

It has been my go to club from 190-210 approach shots because they hold the green...when I hit it...which isn't that often. I was looking for a high spin, anti left hybrid and this fit the best.

[color=#ff8c00]Cobra Speedzone Xtreme 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110[/color]
[color=#ff8c00]Taylormade M2 16.5* Accra FX 260[/color]
[color=#40e0d0][/color]
[color=#000080]Ping G410 22* Alta CB 70 Red[/color]
[color=#ff0000][/color]
[color=#ff0000]Scratch DW Custom Grind AR1 2i-7i, SB1 Diamondback 8i-PW[/color]
[color=#FF0000]Bridgestone J15 53*, 57*[/color]
[color=#000000]Evnroll 5 Hatchback[/color]

• 1 month later...

I ordered the g410 5 hybrid with the even-flo Black 6.0, on May 11th and it arrived on 5/23. This replaced a cobra F6 that was set at 24.5*

Saturday I set the G410 at 24.5* yielded which yielded about 10 more yards and straighter shots than the cobra. It feels really sweet and powerful. Monday I backed it off to 25*, and before using it again I will try 26* to fill the same yardage gap as the old cobra.

The only negative is that now I'm thinking about adding a matching 4 hybrid which would require removing a fairway wood out of my bag. My 21* 7 wood could be delofted to 20.25* or the 16.5* 4 wood could have the loft increased to 18*.

G400Max 10.5 Driver Red Velocore 6S
G410 5 Wood Tensei Orange stiff
Ping G410 Hybrid 22* & 26* Evenflo Black 6.0 stiff

Ping G Gap-6 iron Steelfiber i95 R.flex

Ping Anser 52* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Cleveland CBX 56* Steelfiber i95 R fles
Callaway X Tour 59.5* Steelfiber i95 R.flex
Scotty Newport 2,  prov1x, Motocaddy M1

> @kcd38 said:

> Question, what shaft do you all have in the 410? I have the tensei blue and cant tell if I like it. Wanted to see if anyone had a shaft with less action

Recently put an AD DI 95x in my G410 and it is amazing. Taking it a degree flat, and using this shaft I can hit high soft cuts from 220 into greens.

• 1 month later...

Club is a dream. I got a deal on the tensai s which I thought would be too soft for me and I'd end up swapping it. But it feels much better on the course than air guitar swings. The head is a dream ....high launch, flat flight, with no hint of over draw bias which plagues most of hybrids. And that was before even messing with lie angle. For me it's the club I was looking for to fill gap between 3 wood and long iron, without going to 5 wood. This has better flight than 5w, but similar distance.

• Like 1

TM Stealth Plus 10.5 Ventus TR Velocore Red 5

Ping G425 Max 5 FW 17.5 Ventus Velocore Red 7

Srixon ZX MKII 3UT MMT 95

Callaway X Forged CB 21' 4-PW Modus 120

Yururi Tataki 52.5, 56.5 and 60.5 DG S200
Ping Anser 2
MCC +4 Grips
Kirkland Performance+ Ball

• 7 months later...

All, it has been a few months since this post and was hoping some of you had up to date feedback on the tensei pro blue hybrid shaft. Im looking at a g410 2 17* hybrid and debating between the tour 85 S and the tensei ck pro blue 80 tx. They only had a shorted 4h tensei ck pro blue in the store that feel pretty good. Felt like it was more lively and active than the tour 85 S but havent hit out on course. Any new updates on either shaft?

I have the pro white 90tx in my 19* g410 and it is awesome. Been playing with the loft to see where I like it but Probbaly keep it At 20* and flat.

high straight bombs

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

Ended up with the Tensei CK Pro Blue. Much better than the non pro version...... Love these!

Paradym 3HL  Kai’li 60 R
PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

I still have both 17* and 19* with even flow black shafts. These two by far have been the most helpful additions to my game in a few years. I still feel the same about these from my previous post.

edit: realized I basically said the same thing in a previous post. Still true today.

http://www.golfwrx.com/406976/917-vs-915-results-from-the-ultimate-titleist-driver-fitting-experience/

How does the ck pro blue 80 S and TX compare? I play a 60g class S driver and PX LZ 5.5 in irons. I would usually play an S but see that the pro blue TX is still a hair lighter than the S in the Ping tour 85, which I think is a great shaft and enjoy. My hope is to have a little more active shaft with a tad more life than the tour but am a little scared of that TX label as I’m not the fastest swinger and not a big loader of the shaft.

• 4 months later...

Just ordered the 2/17 with the Even Flow Black. Hoping to have the success many have mentioned. Hybrids have been hook machines for me but the lie angle on this seems to be money

TaylorMade M4 9.5 Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
TaylorMade M2 2016 HL Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade GAPR Lo 19 Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
Bridgestone J15 DPF 4 Iron DGS300 Pro
Wilson C300 Forged 5-PW X100
Cleveland CBX 54 & 58 S400
Odyssey Works Tank Cruiser #7 38"

I'd go with the stiff.

Paradym 3HL  Kai’li 60 R
PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Just did a 19* hybrid fitting today between the Titleist models and G410 (had to have something w/ a flat setting).

G410 w/ Tour 85 stiff gave me the best combination of ball speed, launch and spin. The TS2 w/ Hzrdous Black Smoke was second best, but the Ping had about 2mph more ball speed and spin was better by about 300 rpm over the TS2 combo.

Ping G430 Max 9* HZRDUS Smoke RDX Blue 🇺🇸 LE

TM SIM Ti 5w Fuji Atmos Blue TS 7x

Ping G410 3h Fuji Atmos Blue TS 8HY

Titleist 816 5h Diamana Blue

Mizuno 919 Forged 6-P, HM Pro 5

Ping Glide Stealth 50 SS, 54 WS, 58 ES

Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2022 slant

TM TP5

I’ve got the Tensei Blue in my TS2, also had it in a couple of 818 h1 hybrids, seems to be a really nice shaft, hence why I got it when I updated. I’ve had nothing but success with these clubs and I think a fair part of that is the shaft. Good launch, good trajectory and enough spin to stop a ball when needed.

• 1 month later...

My custom G410 5h (w/ Alta 70) arrived last week, and I got to play a few rounds with it. I was playing a G400 5h previously. The ability to set the lie flat was the main selling point, as my G400 could easily turn into a hook machine with a poor swing. The club feels heavier. I assume it's due to the adjustable head. 'Could be I'm imagining things.

The G410 is no magic bullet. Even with the club set flat, a poor, flat-footed swing can still produce an amazing duck hook. However, the overall tendency is to draw less than G400. I'll probably try setting the head to flat -1 degree to open the club face a bit. Hopefully I don't lose too much height. 

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

• 2 months later...