2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Evenflow White T1100 85g 6.0 Driver Shaft - Anyone play or has experience with this?

shaolingolfer

I was fitted into this driver shaft during a Titleist fitting. I never looked at the shaft when I try it out and it feel incredible and help me to stay behind the ball better and slow down my transition. I am only 5'8" 145lb, over 50 but fit. Most big box store don't carry this shaft and I wants to get some opinion before I buy one from ebay. My swing speed is around 100ish and carry the ball about 240ish.

Callaway Paradym TD 9, Autoflex 505.
TM Stealth Plus 5W, Hzrdous Smoke Red 5.5

TSR2 7 wood, Ventus TR 6S.
Paradym X 5 hybrid, Ventus 7S.

Paradym X 6 hybrid, Ventus 7S.
PXG Gen4 0311ST, 7 to GW. Steelfiber Private Reserve 95R.
Artisan 54, 58. KBS TGI 90.

Callaway PM grind 64, KBS Hi-rev.
Odyssey 2 Balls Armlock.  Vessel Player 3 Stand Bag.

Did you mean 65g?

I hit this shaft in the TS3 Titleist head last week. Or was it the TS2. Cant remember. Anyway, I enjoyed it and how it felt. Super stable. We are the same age, but I outweigh you by over 50 pounds, lol, and the thing didnt feel loose on me either. I liked the Tensei Pro Orange better, but that isnt real world for me - financially. The Evenflow was just fine in terms of performance.

Going to swing it again tomorrow.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

The weird thing is I was hitting the 85g shaft. :#

Animal! ha

Yeah, thats allot of weight for a driver, personally speaking. But if it works, it works. I would guess you might tire on the back 9 though. You did say you were in good shape so who knows really. I would see if the 65 or 75 versions gave you similar results. Thats just me though.

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

I'm loving my 6.0 75. Very stable yet not boardy at all. Feels like the shaft is working for me, instead of me having to go after it. Wasn't aware they made a 85g version as it isn't listed on their website, or even a custom option from Titleist.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

> @"Lord Helmet" said:

> Animal! ha

> Yeah, thats allot of weight for a driver, personally speaking. But if it works, it works. I would guess you might tire on the back 9 though. You did say you were in good shape so who knows really. I would see if the 65 or 75 versions gave you similar results. Thats just me though.

I mean no offense but I find it odd that someone would think 85g is a lot of weight for a driver shaft. I think there should be more shafts in that weight zip code.

I say full steam ahead. :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @NRJyzr said:

> > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > Animal! ha

> > Yeah, thats allot of weight for a driver, personally speaking. But if it works, it works. I would guess you might tire on the back 9 though. You did say you were in good shape so who knows really. I would see if the 65 or 75 versions gave you similar results. Thats just me though.

>

>

> I mean no offense but I find it odd that someone would think 85g is a lot of weight for a driver shaft. I think there should be more shafts in that weight zip code.

>

> I say full steam ahead. :)

No offense taken! No way I could handle that though. But if OP loves it - has success with it - then go for it!!! But I must ask, how many 85g driver shafts in play do you see out there? I cannot think of a single instance where I have seen one. Look at tour WITB to WRX WITB. How many do you see? Again, if OP has success with it - by all means! My wheelhouse driver weight is 65-70g by the way.

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

> @NRJyzr said:

> > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > Animal! ha

> > Yeah, thats allot of weight for a driver, personally speaking. But if it works, it works. I would guess you might tire on the back 9 though. You did say you were in good shape so who knows really. I would see if the 65 or 75 versions gave you similar results. Thats just me though.

>

>

> I mean no offense but I find it odd that someone would think 85g is a lot of weight for a driver shaft. I think there should be more shafts in that weight zip code.

>

> I say full steam ahead. :)

With graphite they can do so much with materials and placement that weight can be an after thought

I only hit it in that Titleist fitting and not many carry driver shaft weight that much. So it's not I can go to big box store and find one and hit it. I do enjoy hitting the F9 with black atmos 75g shaft, might be heavier weight shaft just fit my swing. Going to order it and give it a try, can always sell it or put it in my 3w if it doesn't work out.

> @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > @NRJyzr said:

> > > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > Animal! ha

> > > Yeah, thats allot of weight for a driver, personally speaking. But if it works, it works. I would guess you might tire on the back 9 though. You did say you were in good shape so who knows really. I would see if the 65 or 75 versions gave you similar results. Thats just me though.

> >

> >

> > I mean no offense but I find it odd that someone would think 85g is a lot of weight for a driver shaft. I think there should be more shafts in that weight zip code.

> >

> > I say full steam ahead. :)

>

> No offense taken! No way I could handle that though. But if OP loves it - has success with it - then go for it!!! But I must ask, how many 85g driver shafts in play do you see out there? I cannot think of a single instance where I have seen one. Look at tour WITB to WRX WITB. How many do you see? Again, if OP has success with it - by all means! My wheelhouse driver weight is 65-70g by the way.

In contrast, I have never gotten along with sub-70g shafts. It's not until I get to the mid-70s that I feel remotely comfortable, and I've frequently used 90g and up.

Funny game, this golf. Definitely not one size fits all. LOL

> @GoGoErky said:

> > @NRJyzr said:

> > > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > Animal! ha

> > > Yeah, thats allot of weight for a driver, personally speaking. But if it works, it works. I would guess you might tire on the back 9 though. You did say you were in good shape so who knows really. I would see if the 65 or 75 versions gave you similar results. Thats just me though.

> >

> >

> > I mean no offense but I find it odd that someone would think 85g is a lot of weight for a driver shaft. I think there should be more shafts in that weight zip code.

> >

> > I say full steam ahead. :)

>

> With graphite they can do so much with materials and placement that weight can be an after thought

The problem I have with that is that there are few options for those of us whose performance suffers with the UL graphites. It's always been that way for me. I had a Grafalloy Blue in an old Alpha driver that I loaded with lead tape centered on the balance point. Probably 15g at one point. LOL

Couple years ago, I picked up a SLDR White that came with a Motore Speeder 6.2 TS. I decided to give it a shot. When I could get myself to back off it enough, it was quite lovely. Most of the time, it was a struggle. Definitely wasn't flex, it held up just fine.

I should mention I'm a former weight lifting 230+ lb dude, so my perspective is perhaps other than many. LOL

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

> @NRJyzr said:

> > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > @NRJyzr said:

> > > > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > > Animal! ha

> > > > Yeah, thats allot of weight for a driver, personally speaking. But if it works, it works. I would guess you might tire on the back 9 though. You did say you were in good shape so who knows really. I would see if the 65 or 75 versions gave you similar results. Thats just me though.

> > >

> > >

> > > I mean no offense but I find it odd that someone would think 85g is a lot of weight for a driver shaft. I think there should be more shafts in that weight zip code.

> > >

> > > I say full steam ahead. :)

> >

> > No offense taken! No way I could handle that though. But if OP loves it - has success with it - then go for it!!! But I must ask, how many 85g driver shafts in play do you see out there? I cannot think of a single instance where I have seen one. Look at tour WITB to WRX WITB. How many do you see? Again, if OP has success with it - by all means! My wheelhouse driver weight is 65-70g by the way.

>

>

> In contrast, I have never gotten along with sub-70g shafts. It's not until I get to the mid-70s that I feel remotely comfortable, and I've frequently used 90g and up.

>

> Funny game, this golf. Definitely not one size fits all. LOL

>

>

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @NRJyzr said:

> > > > Animal! ha

> > > > Yeah, thats allot of weight for a driver, personally speaking. But if it works, it works. I would guess you might tire on the back 9 though. You did say you were in good shape so who knows really. I would see if the 65 or 75 versions gave you similar results. Thats just me though.

> > >

> > >

> > > I mean no offense but I find it odd that someone would think 85g is a lot of weight for a driver shaft. I think there should be more shafts in that weight zip code.

> > >

> >

> > With graphite they can do so much with materials and placement that weight can be an after thought

>

>

> The problem I have with that is that there are few options for those of us whose performance suffers with the UL graphites. It's always been that way for me. I had a Grafalloy Blue in an old Alpha driver that I loaded with lead tape centered on the balance point. Probably 15g at one point. LOL

>

> Couple years ago, I picked up a SLDR White that came with a Motore Speeder 6.2 TS. I decided to give it a shot. When I could get myself to back off it enough, it was quite lovely. Most of the time, it was a struggle. Definitely wasn't flex, it held up just fine.

>

> I should mention I'm a former weight lifting 230+ lb dude, so my perspective is perhaps other than many. LOL

Thats right! Play what works for YOU!

• Like 1

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

I just wanted to say I love the Maxfli 1 Iron in your sig. I have the 1 and 2 unshafted, never had the balls to do it lol (3-PW are my back up set)

> @NRJyzr said:

> > @"Lord Helmet" said:

> > > @NRJyzr said:

> > > > Animal! ha

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > No offense taken! No way I could handle that though. But if OP loves it - has success with it - then go for it!!! But I must ask, how many 85g driver shafts in play do you see out there? I cannot think of a single instance where I have seen one. Look at tour WITB to WRX WITB. How many do you see? Again, if OP has success with it - by all means! My wheelhouse driver weight is 65-70g by the way.

>

>

> In contrast, I have never gotten along with sub-70g shafts. It's not until I get to the mid-70s that I feel remotely comfortable, and I've frequently used 90g and up.

>

> Funny game, this golf. Definitely not one size fits all. LOL

>

>

> > @GoGoErky said:

> > > @NRJyzr said:

> > > > Animal! ha

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > With graphite they can do so much with materials and placement that weight can be an after thought

>

>

> The problem I have with that is that there are few options for those of us whose performance suffers with the UL graphites. It's always been that way for me. I had a Grafalloy Blue in an old Alpha driver that I loaded with lead tape centered on the balance point. Probably 15g at one point. LOL

>

> Couple years ago, I picked up a SLDR White that came with a Motore Speeder 6.2 TS. I decided to give it a shot. When I could get myself to back off it enough, it was quite lovely. Most of the time, it was a struggle. Definitely wasn't flex, it held up just fine.

>

> I should mention I'm a former weight lifting 230+ lb dude, so my perspective is perhaps other than many. LOL

• Like 1

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

I can’t seem to find an 85g option in the Evenflow. I have the similar swing speed and carry and just got fit last week for the Evenflow white 65g 6.0 in the TS3 and the Evenflow 75g 6.0 in the fairway.

Dr: TSi3 10 Ventus Red 6s

F: TS2 16.5 Ventus Red 7s

H: 915h 18 and 24 diamana s+

I: P770 5-PW Steelfiber i95s

W: MG3 49, 54, 58 dg115

P: Scotty Cameron Flowback 5.5 w/      custom CT Tour shaft (custom red,white,blue paint fill with stars & stripes headcover)

B: BX / TP5X 

I don't see an option for 85g either, either on Project X site or Titleist site under custom options, so was starting to doubt OP's attention to detail. I did find 2 for sale on eBay though, so unless those are counterfeit, they are out there I guess.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

> @"PixlPutterman " said:

> I just wanted to say I love the Maxfli 1 Iron in your sig. I have the 1 and 2 unshafted, never had the balls to do it lol (3-PW are my back up set)

>

>

Thanks Pix. I think you're safe giving it a go, it's easier than a Golden Ram. I have to admit I find it kind of large, generally more accustomed to smaller Golden Rams, LOL. It pairs visually well with the 2011 TP MC or FX Nickel Rams.

Don't think you need both the 1i and 2i in use at same time. They compressed the heck out of the loft delta from 1i thru 3i. I've got it at 17*, fits well....

I bet it was a 3w shaft in the head.

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

The 1 and 2 we're a gift from a fellow lefty, don't think there were too many 1 and 2s around in left hand.

I get along very well with my MP Flight Hi 2i but one day I'll get around to shafting them.up. ?

> @NRJyzr said:

> > @"PixlPutterman " said:

> > I just wanted to say I love the Maxfli 1 Iron in your sig. I have the 1 and 2 unshafted, never had the balls to do it lol (3-PW are my back up set)

> >

> >

>

> Thanks Pix. I think you're safe giving it a go, it's easier than a Golden Ram. I have to admit I find it kind of large, generally more accustomed to smaller Golden Rams, LOL. It pairs visually well with the 2011 TP MC or FX Nickel Rams.

>

> Don't think you need both the 1i and 2i in use at same time. They compressed the heck out of the loft delta from 1i thru 3i. I've got it at 17*, fits well....

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

> @"PixlPutterman " said:

> The 1 and 2 we're a gift from a fellow lefty, don't think there were too many 1 and 2s around in left hand.

>

> I get along very well with my MP Flight Hi 2i but one day I'll get around to shafting them.up. ?

>

> > @NRJyzr said:

> > > @"PixlPutterman " said:

> > > I just wanted to say I love the Maxfli 1 Iron in your sig. I have the 1 and 2 unshafted, never had the balls to do it lol (3-PW are my back up set)

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Thanks Pix. I think you're safe giving it a go, it's easier than a Golden Ram. I have to admit I find it kind of large, generally more accustomed to smaller Golden Rams, LOL. It pairs visually well with the 2011 TP MC or FX Nickel Rams.

> >

> > Don't think you need both the 1i and 2i in use at same time. They compressed the heck out of the loft delta from 1i thru 3i. I've got it at 17*, fits well....

>

>

I also tend to use a hybrid instead of the 1 iron (Stage 2 Tour), but it's still fun to carry. I've gotten some good results with it. Like it better than the Eye2+ 1 iron I have lying around.

I hit the 85g in the Titleist fitting and I actually had a conversation with the fitter about the weight, it is also list as an option for the driver. Anyway, I bought it from ebay and had it coming, finger crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

> @shaolingolfer said:

> I hit the 85g in the Titleist fitting and I actually had a conversation with the fitter about the weight, it is also list as an option for the driver. Anyway, I bought it from ebay and had it coming, finger crossed.

How did the 85g shaft work out for you? I was also recently fit into this combo and had your same concerns.

I only had one range session so far.

First of all, I am hitting my driver really really well, very straight and nice distance on the course. My current driver setup with Tensei Blue is 44.5" long and with custom 19g weight (extra weight) in the head at C1 setting, .75 degree loft down and flatter lie.

Set up the 85g shaft in the TS2, driver is 45.5" long and still with the custom weight, so it is very heavy. Take a few swing to get use to it and hitting high nice baby draw. Checking MEVO, the ball speed stay about the same with Range ball and spin actually came down 300 to 400 rpm. Found out that I mistakenly set the driver to D1 setting which is .75 loft up. By that time, I am getting tired and ran out of range ball so I just leave. Still need to try it with different setting and lighter weight.

> @shaolingolfer said:

> I only had one range session so far.

> First of all, I am hitting my driver really really well, very straight and nice distance on the course. My current driver setup with Tensei Blue is 44.5" long and with custom 19g weight (extra weight) in the head at C1 setting, .75 degree loft down and flatter lie.

> Set up the 85g shaft in the TS2, driver is 45.5" long and still with the custom weight, so it is very heavy. Take a few swing to get use to it and hitting high nice baby draw. Checking MEVO, the ball speed stay about the same with Range ball and spin actually came down 300 to 400 rpm. Found out that I mistakenly set the driver to D1 setting which is .75 loft up. By that time, I am getting tired and ran out of range ball so I just leave. Still need to try it with different setting and lighter weight.

I've never even SEEN an 85g weight driver shaft. LOL

I tried the Evenflow White in 65g in the Titleist and it felt very "boardy" to me. Tough to handle. 85g ? Wouldn't even take the time to put the shaft and head together to try it. OTOH, if the club was already assembled that way I'd give it a go.

I'm a few MPH behind you at around 95 and during my 3 months of testing all the new drivers I've come to the conclusion that if one can, one should think outside the box and try whatever one can.

In demoing the Epic Flash Sub Zero a few months ago they had an older Hzrdus Yellow in the rack from the previous models (Rogue) but not for the new EFSZ (although of course it fits). So, never having hit the Yellow I gave it a whack and was hitting it very well; better than any other shaft I'd put in that head.

Then I looked at the shaft - 76(?) grams and 6.5 (X). Would have never thought to even try that shaft. Subsequently I've bought the EFSZ head and found a Hzrdus Yellow on the 'bay that was 63(?) grams and 6.0 (Yeah, I chickened out LOL) and bought the shaft separately.

Put it together and I'm as happy as a pig in,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Have used it for 10 rounds now and except for 1 where I hit everything with a pull hook (operator error that day of course), every other round has me grinning ear-to-ear off the tee especially when I arrive at the ball.

Exact same results as on the sim. High (or low depending on tee height) strikes right down the right center, often with a baby draw. Got exactly what I was looking for; additional 10 yards of carry and additional runout with every bit as good control as I had with my older Fusion (Hzrdus Black).

So I guess, bottom line is all that counts. But try it for multiple sessions of course. Glad it works for you !!!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

• 7 months later...

I haven't swung the Tour Spec but I love the EF white. A long time ago I said it was a high end Tour Green. I've had more time with it and it's a great shaft. Low/low but with a butt that is stiff enough so I don't feel like I'll lose control. The tip is stiff just like I like it and the bend point is higher up. Very smooth and stable too.What model?

Sounds like a great shaft to me. I still have an NV 95 in my 910 D3 driver and rarely go below 75 in any driver or 80 in FWs. However, I play them all at 44.5" & 43.5" respectively. I also have a Cleveland Classic with a True Temper Titanium shaft (120g). I get tired swinging it. BTW, 56, 5'10", 250 & athletic.

BT

Dr#1 Cobra Speedzone 10.5 – HZRDUS Yellow HC 65 TX @ 46”
Dr#2 Mizuno STZ 220 9.5 (10.5) - HZRDUS Smoke IM10 65 Low TX @ 46"

Mizuno ST190 15 - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 43"
Mizuno STZ 220 18- HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 42"
Mizuno MP15 4-PW - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Cobra MIM Wedges 52, 56 & 60 – stock KBS Hi-Rev @ 35.5”

Odyssey V-Line Stroke Lab 33.5"
Grips - Grip Master Classic Wrap Midsize