518TitleistX's incarnation of golfing perfection.

Played stadium today, very slow greens. OMG THE WIND!!!! Played total havoc with today's round, even affected putts. Shots of total brilliance & others of WTF just happened? Really liking the G410+, feels absolutely phenomenal.

Ping G LST 9*
Callaway Epic 3w & 5w Diamana Thump
X2 Hot #4 Hybrid Matrix White Tie
Ping ie1 5 - GW Nippon SPO
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

> @juggernaut0629 said:

> Played stadium today, very slow greens. OMG THE WIND!!!! Played total havoc with today's round, even affected putts. Shots of total brilliance & others of WTF just happened? Really liking the G410+, feels absolutely phenomenal.

Have another loop planned for Saturday morning at stadium. Last I saw the forecast said anywhere between 59*-64* and 5-17mph winds.. if I can manage to hit the ball somewhat decent without the wind, I should be good for the NYS 4ball championship in may

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

What's the days and cost of entry?

Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

May 23rd @ Saratoga National $225, think the team is set for that one.

June 3rd @ Glens Falls CC $175. Waiting to hear if we need players for that. Last I knew needed 2. Playing with sister who was a 7 hdcp, but now a 9. I told her she's going wrong way. She told me she's following in footsteps. What a jerk.

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Unfortunately cant do either.. work schedule would preclude them.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

• 2 weeks later...

Played 18 at Schenectady Muni yesterday. 2 man best ball loop format. Shot 75 which is my lowest of the year thusfar. we finished -3 gross, -6 net best ball and took the W.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

> @Dreadzombie said:

> How were conditions there?

A little wet in some spots. Course is definitely dormant. Greens were just cut and rolled, but still pretty slow. Im sure they are being careful to keep things in check early in the season.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

First time out at Hiland the other day. Super wet in some places. Greens were crazy slow. Lost a couple of balls due to plugging. Hit some great shots. Really loving the G410+, super straight, feels phenomenal. Sold off the F9, the ping is THAT good!

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Played airway meadows today after the rain passed through. Extremely wet and soggy. Even so, shot +2 on the front 9 with only 2 greens in regulation and 1 fairway hit. Back 9 shot +3 hit 3 greens in regulation, 5 fairways hit and ended with a 77.

The Tensei Pro Orange and Atmos Black driver shafts are going up for sale. Did not hit a single fairway with driver today and had zero consistency. Scrambling was tested heavily. Got home and placed an order for a more familiar shaft to go into the ST190G. If that doesn't do the trick, the Mizuno may be on the chopping block here pretty quick. I need this thing to perform for me and coming up on tournament season with it acting up is not instilling confidence. I could sell it right now and place the order for a TS3 tomorrow. Driving the golf ball has been a strong suit for me for years and not knowing where I'm going to end up is scary. Also have been playing the AVX ball of late. Flys exceptionally well for me off irons, but lacking some greenside spin. If I could have the AVX spin numbers on irons and some ProV1 spin around the greens, I may be in heaven. Lots to think about. Really frustrated with my round today and need to get it sorted out asap.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

Been playing the ts3 with a T1100 and have 0 regrets, first round of the year was a bit shaky, but played 18 at stadium yesterday and was definitely the club of the day. Finally firing some drives around 300 (usually around the 280 mark) and really just able to control where I want it. Now if only my wedge game wasnt in shambles....that's golf I guess. Loving the new Prov1x's I picked up as well.

Northway is having demo days next week iirc, worst case you could check that out if the mizuno doesn't make the cut, though hoping it does, beautiful driver there!

New driver shaft arrived last night (Diamana A'hina Ion 60X). going to throw an adapter and a grip on it tonight. We will see how things turn out this weekend with a much more familiar shaft to me in this head.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

Played a quick 9 at Saratoga Spa last night. Had the Atmos Black 6x in the driver, hit a couple decent drives with it, the best of which on 17. A 559 yard par 5, had 258 for my 2nd shot from the centerline of the fairway. A couple long drives however do not excuse the fact that this is clearly not the right shaft for me... So after the round, the adapters were pulled from the Pro Orange and the Atmos Black and were installed on a Brand new A'hina Ion 60X and a HZRDUS Black 62x. Also reshafted my Sw and Lw with KBS 610 S+ wedge shafts. I was looking for something with a bit more feel and a touch softer than the KBS Tour 130x shafts that were in them prior. Playing 18 at Saratoga Spa tomorrow morning so we shall see how things shake out.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

I definitely will give them a workout tomorrow. Playing spa from a shorter tee box with the colder weather coming in. Should leave me nothing but a wedge into a few holes

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

Yesterday's round was significantly better in some regards and worse in others. Felt like I hit the driver a ton better with the HZRDUS Black in it over the Tensei Orange and the Atmos Black. Some poor swings cost me some shots, but for the first time this year it felt like I actually knew where the ball was going off the tee. Irons were solid, a little room for improvement, but all in all good. Wedges were decent. Really happy with the feel of the Sw and Lw now with the new shafts in them. Putter was so so. Had 35 putts but drained a couple from long range on those early season bumpy greens. All in due time.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

It's done nothing but rain pretty much every day I've been off for weeks up here. I did manage to get out once these past 2 weeks. Kingsbury National, course isn't refined yet. Played every par 3 like I had no business being out there. 2 birdies with 8 pars. Rest were " others" ....I'm so ashamed! Lol

Driving the ball very well. Iron play , which is usually my strength, is rusty & just a touch off. Some range time will fix that I'm sure. Same with short game. But the putter has been phenomenal. Going to finish my latest project tonight. Can't wait to see how it turns out. Scotty Cameron Kombi long putter I modified to 34.5" putter with a semi plumbers neck, blacked out hosel & matte black shaft. Just got the black/red/ gold matador today. It's going to look sweet!

Sold off my Tensei orange for the ping. Picked up the Atmos black that I'd like to try out. Veylix roughneck X flex didn't pan out. Felt great but just didn't compare overall to the Kiyoshi white 75 05 or Matrix Reign black g60b. I may look for a HZRDUS hc yellow. The Kiyoshi is not the longest combo. But super tight dispersion and deadly accurate. Matrix is longer, but just little looser. Still pretty tight and perfectly gamable. I can't say enough about the G410+. Great buy

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*

Played 9 for my league tuesday at Frear Park. par 35 on the front 9... had 1 birdie, 1 bogey (3putted #4) and the rest pars...with only 13 putts total. had the A'hina 60x in the driver this week and hit all but 2 fairways. The 1st hole was just a horrible swing, and #5 where I was going for the green and finished just off the front edge in the rough, yet still made birdie. I really like the A'hina in this head, but it may need the swing weight brought up just a touch.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

> @518TitleistX said:

> Played 9 for my league tuesday at Frear Park. par 35 on the front 9... had 1 birdie, 1 bogey (3putted #4) and the rest pars...with only 13 putts total. had the A'hina 60x in the driver this week and hit all but 2 fairways. The 1st hole was just a horrible swing, and #5 where I was going for the green and finished just off the front edge in the rough, yet still made birdie. I really like the A'hina in this head, but it may need the swing weight brought up just a touch.

Where would you say the ST190 G is in terms of launch/spin/forgiveness versus the Titleist 915/917 lines? Also did you test against the TS2/TS3 line? Looking for a reason to pony up for the ST190 but may hold off until the TS4 is in fitting carts. I don't really have anything of consequence to play in until mid summer so I have time. Just wondering where you put the Mizuno relative to the past few iterations of Titleist drivers in general...

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

> @JJK947 said:

> > @518TitleistX said:

> > Played 9 for my league tuesday at Frear Park. par 35 on the front 9... had 1 birdie, 1 bogey (3putted #4) and the rest pars...with only 13 putts total. had the A'hina 60x in the driver this week and hit all but 2 fairways. The 1st hole was just a horrible swing, and #5 where I was going for the green and finished just off the front edge in the rough, yet still made birdie. I really like the A'hina in this head, but it may need the swing weight brought up just a touch.

>

> Where would you say the ST190 G is in terms of launch/spin/forgiveness versus the Titleist 915/917 lines? Also did you test against the TS2/TS3 line? Looking for a reason to pony up for the ST190 but may hold off until the TS4 is in fitting carts. I don't really have anything of consequence to play in until mid summer so I have time. Just wondering where you put the Mizuno relative to the past few iterations of Titleist drivers in general...

Its been tough to say until the last week or 2 once ive finally got the right shaft in the ST190G head. The 915D2 and 917D2 models spun up a bit more in comparison. Even the TS3 was slightly higher spin than the Mizuno by maybe 3-400 rpms. (I was seeing 1900 with the Mizuno vs 2300 in the TS3 with the same shaft and same approximate loft). The ST190G when paired with the right shaft and middled, i think is on par with any one of the top drivers out there for 2019. Ive had irons into par 5's where ive had to resort to fairway metals or hybrids in the past over the last couple weeks and the courses are still very wet without much rollout. Ive played Titleist drivers since the 907D2 with a few others (covert 2.0, M1 460, M1 430) sprinkled in and the Mizuno is better than the others for me.

launch/spin/forgiveness ehhh... I don't really see a difference in the launch window... after the ball reaches its peak, it tends to flatten and stay there rather than balloon and drop. This could also be attributed to my early season/ possible permanent switch to the AVX ball. Spin, as i mentioned previously, is lower than the previous versions of Titleist drivers i've played.. forgiveness, that's the only question. I play the ST190G with weights forward so the least forgiving setting and i don't see an issue with it at all. You could increase the forgiveness by pulling the weights back, but that may also add some spin. Feel is subjective, but when pured, the Mizuno is far superior to the TS3 model for me. It's no contest.

Also as far as price, DiscountDans would be where id suggest ordering from for the Mizuno. I Wont disclose what I was charged, but I can tell you that i've seen some on the BST priced higher for a used club than I paid new.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

> @518TitleistX said:

> > @JJK947 said:

> > > @518TitleistX said:

> > > Played 9 for my league tuesday at Frear Park. par 35 on the front 9... had 1 birdie, 1 bogey (3putted #4) and the rest pars...with only 13 putts total. had the A'hina 60x in the driver this week and hit all but 2 fairways. The 1st hole was just a horrible swing, and #5 where I was going for the green and finished just off the front edge in the rough, yet still made birdie. I really like the A'hina in this head, but it may need the swing weight brought up just a touch.

> >

> > Where would you say the ST190 G is in terms of launch/spin/forgiveness versus the Titleist 915/917 lines? Also did you test against the TS2/TS3 line? Looking for a reason to pony up for the ST190 but may hold off until the TS4 is in fitting carts. I don't really have anything of consequence to play in until mid summer so I have time. Just wondering where you put the Mizuno relative to the past few iterations of Titleist drivers in general...

>

> Its been tough to say until the last week or 2 once ive finally got the right shaft in the ST190G head. The 915D2 and 917D2 models spun up a bit more in comparison. Even the TS3 was slightly higher spin than the Mizuno by maybe 3-400 rpms. (I was seeing 1900 with the Mizuno vs 2300 in the TS3 with the same shaft and same approximate loft). The ST190G when paired with the right shaft and middled, i think is on par with any one of the top drivers out there for 2019. Ive had irons into par 5's where ive had to resort to fairway metals or hybrids in the past over the last couple weeks and the courses are still very wet without much rollout. Ive played Titleist drivers since the 907D2 with a few others (covert 2.0, M1 460, M1 430) sprinkled in and the Mizuno is better than the others for me.

>

> launch/spin/forgiveness ehhh... I don't really see a difference in the launch window... after the ball reaches its peak, it tends to flatten and stay there rather than balloon and drop. This could also be attributed to my early season/ possible permanent switch to the AVX ball. Spin, as i mentioned previously, is lower than the previous versions of Titleist drivers i've played.. forgiveness, that's the only question. I play the ST190G with weights forward so the least forgiving setting and i don't see an issue with it at all. You could increase the forgiveness by pulling the weights back, but that may also add some spin. Feel is subjective, but when pured, the Mizuno is far superior to the TS3 model for me. It's no contest.

>

> Also as far as price, DiscountDans would be where id suggest ordering from for the Mizuno. I Wont disclose what I was charged, but I can tell you that i've seen some on the BST priced higher for a used club than I paid new.

Thanks for your thoughts. The driver sounds like a winner by all accounts. The thing I've appreciated about Titleist drivers over the years is the lack of bias. I was always able to get the ball flight I wanted without forcing the issue. You never hear people arguing over whether or not Titleist drivers are actually draw or fade biased like Epic SZ for example. Just dial in loft and shaft to get the spin right and you have a performer. Hoping the Mizuno is kind of like that just with maybe a little more pop and less spin. I just got my ST190 TS 3 wood from DD's yesterday so I'm sure my initial impressions of that club will factor into driver decision. Thanks again.

Taylormade Stealth Plus (9) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 60

Taylormade Stealth Plus (15) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 70

Taylormade Stealth Plus (19) - Tensei 1K Pro Orange 80

Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100

Taylormade MG3 54.11 - DG Tour S400

Taylormade MG3 60.08 - DG Tour S400

Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

Managed to squeek in 18 sunday at the Sagamore up in Bolton Landing. 6800yards, par 70. 73.8 rating, 138 slope. shot 76 (1.8 differential). Driving was ok, but short game and putting saved me all day. Greens were still a bit slow as the course had only opened Friday. Best shot of the day was on the 14th hole. 225yd slightly downhill par 3. High, towering, baby draw 5iron to 6 feet (and yes i converted for birdie)

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

Played Western Turnpike GC for the first time, was a cool misty Saturday and quite wet. So wet I lost 2 balls in the fairway from plugging, and one in the rough. Even with those factored in, still played like a madman and came away with an 80. Made some putts I had no business making, and was striping the driver and 3w. Sadler due to conditions there was little to no rollout. Hosel rocketed a wedge, which was embarrassing, but still came away with a bogey so it could have been much worse.

> @juggernaut0629 said:

> What did they hit you for to play Sagamore? Wet?

It was a bit wet, but still very playable. $65 with a cart.

Artisan SS 0217 Putter

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to play Saratoga National for the first time yesterday, man that course kicked my a**, though that's what I get for playing courses with little to no sand and rough. Course was in pretty good condition, though the greens were glass. Definitely need to work on my 5i and 4h, as many few par 3s ended poorly....ended up with an 86, definitely could have shaved off 5 strokes with smarter decisions out of the rough.

> @Dreadzombie said:

> Finally got to play Saratoga National for the first time yesterday, man that course kicked my ****, though that's what I get for playing courses with little to no sand and rough. Course was in pretty good condition, though the greens were glass. Definitely need to work on my 5i and 4h, as many few par 3s ended poorly....ended up with an 86, definitely could have shaved off 5 strokes with smarter decisions out of the rough.

Playing there Thursday. There's a few holes that can get you if you don't pay attention.

Ping G LST 9*
Cleveland RTX-3 54* 58*