We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

VIEW MY CONTENT (threads *I* posted in)

2»

Answers

• cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETX 4780ClubWRX Posts: 4,780

The manual search workaround gets us about halfway there. It does show you all of the threads that you have participated in, but it is missing the other features that made 'My Content' a lot of people's first stop when browsing the forums. The main function I liked about the old 'My Content' is that it would show you if you were the last post or if somebody else had posted something since your last post. It would also show you if you had read all of the posts in that thread or not. Another workaround is just Bookmarking/Subscribing to every thread that you post in. That does give you the view below that is basically the same that 'My Content' used to be (copied below). The problem with that workaround is that I can't customize which threads I want email notifications on or not. It is either all or none. There are certain threads that I want to get email notifications about (ex. the trip thread for the Fujiurka trip I just went on, my WITB thread, etc). If I use the 'bookmark' workaround to see My Content, then I lose the notifications - because there is no way I can leave them on for all of those threads. I would have to delete 500 emails a day. I appreciate the work that is being done for the site - I just do hope that a 1-for-1 replacement (or something very close to it with the same functionality) is high on the list and we aren't going to have to rely on the workarounds for an extended amount of time. I have spent a good bit of time getting to know the new platform, and I still feel lost in here.

Posted:
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • NewbyNewby  7270Members Posts: 7,270

On -, @J13 said:

>

agree 10000%.

You've been told a thousand times not to exaggerate

Posted:
  • dparkdpark  2551Members Posts: 2,551

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @jj9000 said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @dpark said:

IMHO, this is not applicable to the changes on this board. The change curve you shared is for changes within an organization ostensibly where you WORK. Unless you are willing to quit and get a new job, you eventually have to deal with it at some level. Participating in this board is VOLUNTARY, and if it becomes too difficult or frustrating, people just do something else. Personally, I can't stand the new site and I don't have the time to re-learn everything (and I work on computers all day long. I just finally moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10), so I don't. I have been back just a couple of times since the changeover. I found this thread because I logged into the site for the first time in weeks and saw the header that the "old look" was coming back. That will bring me back. I hope it happens soon. Sorry if this bums out the founders/mods, but this wasn't a well-handled transition from my perspective. I certainly don't know all of went on in the background, and there may not have been a lot of options. But it certainly impacted my participation on this board.

You're missing the point.

The point is change can often(?)be difficult;, more difficult for some than others. The board owners knew that but the old board was unsustainable.

But often one must deal with change. Or not. Up to you.

I think he gets the point. The fact that he just popped on the site for the first time in weeks tells me he gets the point. He's choosing to spend his screen-time elsewhere. I'm not surprised at all. Also...there's nothing in his post that I'd disagree with. Sure,

On -, @easyyy and GX knew the old board was unsustainable...but...I think they both would admit that this transition was hasty...and has negatively impacted their business (and the site). I said this a month ago...for every user like
    On -, @dpark above that has checked back a handful of times...there's 5-10 users who they'll lose for good. Easyyy said one of the drivers to move to this platform was that it was too difficult to register on the old platform. I promise you...the site in it's current form is getting a fraction of the daily/weekly/monthly new member registrations in comparison to the old site. We're a month in...and we're still having the same discussions we had last month.

No, he (and you) DON'T get the point. The POINT of the article is that change is often difficult. The MY point was NOT whether or not he (or you) choose to participate now that the board has changed.

The board owners, due to feedback, are apparently acceding to the demands that the new site LOOK like the old one but I have to wonder just how much it'll eventually function like the old one. So the naysayers who don't like change aren't going to be a whole lot happier as they will still have to figure out ways around the board.

Then again, who knows ? Maybe they'll be thrilled. I hope so.

No question change is difficult. And if that was the point you were trying to make with the article you shared, it missed the mark with me because (as I mentioned) it was about a work environment and not a voluntary environment. Accepting change at your job and accepting change at a charity that you support are NOT the same. You can walk away from the charity, but unless you are independently wealthy you aren't walking away from your job.
    I have been a member here since the VERY early days and have enjoyed my time on the board. The people haven't changed, but my ability to interact with the community has been affected in a way that has reduced my enjoyment because I can't find the content I want as easily as I did in the past. Plain and simple. The reason I revisited this thread is because the "bell" icon informed me like before and I was able to revisit this thread. I don't know what to expect when the "old look" comes back, but I will check it out eventually. I am NOT a luddite, in fact I spend a TON of time on computers for work. I just don't have time to futz around re-learning stuff right now. If it isn't intuitive (to me), I'll look at the first couple of pages of new threads, read what looks interesting , maybe comment, and move on. It probably isn't what

On -, @easyyy or
    On -, @Gxgolfer are hoping for from long-time members but that is my reality.
    Posted:
    Old stuff:
    1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
    1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
    1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter
    New stuff
    Cobra ZL 10.5 driver   Adams 5050 16 fairway wood   Adams A2P 20* hybrid
    Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Napa
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CA 27023Rules Official, Administrator Posts: 27,023

We added participated in link.

What is the difference between that and replies to my posts?

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North Texas 6612Members Posts: 6,612

On -, @Gxgolfer and
    On -, @easyyy , using this thread as an example...

When the OP accepts an answer, it gets bumped up near the top of page one. If someone has already been reading/following that thread, and they come back to that thread later to see new posts, what would draw them to him to see the new post that was accepted as an answer? It disappears from the last page of the thread, and the person will be taken to the end of the thread to read.
    Posted:
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CA 27023Rules Official, Administrator Posts: 27,023

I was verifying that participant posts search is now answered.

Q and A questions, I would refer to the Q and A thread in the 2.0 forum.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1765909/hitem-true-test-thread-only#latest

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Advertisement
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North Texas 6612Members Posts: 6,612

Ok, I'll put the question into that thread. I asked it here since it was more than a page and was a good example of what I was trying to say.

Posted:
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user Florida 6089Members Posts: 6,089

On -, @dpark said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @jj9000 said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @dpark said:

IMHO, this is not applicable to the changes on this board. The change curve you shared is for changes within an organization ostensibly where you WORK. Unless you are willing to quit and get a new job, you eventually have to deal with it at some level. Participating in this board is VOLUNTARY, and if it becomes too difficult or frustrating, people just do something else. Personally, I can't stand the new site and I don't have the time to re-learn everything (and I work on computers all day long. I just finally moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10), so I don't. I have been back just a couple of times since the changeover. I found this thread because I logged into the site for the first time in weeks and saw the header that the "old look" was coming back. That will bring me back. I hope it happens soon. Sorry if this bums out the founders/mods, but this wasn't a well-handled transition from my perspective. I certainly don't know all of went on in the background, and there may not have been a lot of options. But it certainly impacted my participation on this board.

The point is change can often(?)be difficult;, more difficult for some than others. The board owners knew that but the old board was unsustainable.

I think he gets the point. The fact that he just popped on the site for the first time in weeks tells me he gets the point. He's choosing to spend his screen-time elsewhere. I'm not surprised at all. Also...there's nothing in his post that I'd disagree with. Sure,

On -, @easyyy and GX knew the old board was unsustainable...but...I think they both would admit that this transition was hasty...and has negatively impacted their business (and the site). I said this a month ago...for every user like
    On -, @dpark above that has checked back a handful of times...there's 5-10 users who they'll lose for good. Easyyy said one of the drivers to move to this platform was that it was too difficult to register on the old platform. I promise you...the site in it's current form is getting a fraction of the daily/weekly/monthly new member registrations in comparison to the old site. We're a month in...and we're still having the same discussions we had last month.

No, he (and you) DON'T get the point. The POINT of the article is that change is often difficult. The MY point was NOT whether or not he (or you) choose to participate now that the board has changed.

The board owners, due to feedback, are apparently acceding to the demands that the new site LOOK like the old one but I have to wonder just how much it'll eventually function like the old one. So the naysayers who don't like change aren't going to be a whole lot happier as they will still have to figure out ways around the board.

No question change is difficult. And if that was the point you were trying to make with the article you shared, it missed the mark with me because (as I mentioned) it was about a work environment and not a voluntary environment. Accepting change at your job and accepting change at a charity that you support are NOT the same. You can walk away from the charity, but unless you are independently wealthy you aren't walking away from your job.
    I have been a member here since the VERY early days and have enjoyed my time on the board. The people haven't changed, but my ability to interact with the community has been affected in a way that has reduced my enjoyment because I can't find the content I want as easily as I did in the past. Plain and simple. The reason I revisited this thread is because the "bell" icon informed me like before and I was able to revisit this thread. I don't know what to expect when the "old look" comes back, but I will check it out eventually. I am NOT a luddite, in fact I spend a TON of time on computers for work. I just don't have time to futz around re-learning stuff right now. If it isn't intuitive (to me), I'll look at the first couple of pages of new threads, read what looks interesting , maybe comment, and move on. It probably isn't what

On -, @easyyy or

You are correct. "Accepting change at your job and accepting change at a charity that you support are NOT the same". But again, that wasn't the point. The point was change is often difficult. I hope this time you get it.

You don't have time to futz around right now ? So what do you want somebody/anybody to do about that ?

If you spend all that much time on computers you should know by now that things change, sometimes quite a lot. When you DO get the chance to "futz around" you will find that this new board isn't all that difficult to find your way around, especially now that they've developed the "Participation" link.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user Florida 6089Members Posts: 6,089
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X Hzrdus Yellow 63 gr, 6.0
    Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, Aldila VS Proto Stiff
    Ping G400 19* hybrid Stiff 70 Stock shaft

Ping G20, 5-PW, DGS300
    Ping Glide Forged 48*, 52* 56*, 60* DGS300
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black (Today - always subject to change LOL)
    Titleist AVX
  • dparkdpark  2551Members Posts: 2,551

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @dpark said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @jj9000 said:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @dpark said:

On -, @easyyy or

You are correct. "Accepting change at your job and accepting change at a charity that you support are NOT the same". But again, that wasn't the point. The point was change is often difficult. I hope this time you get it.

You don't have time to futz around right now ? So what do you want somebody/anybody to do about that ?

If you spend all that much time on computers you should know by now that things change, sometimes quite a lot. When you DO get the chance to "futz around" you will find that this new board isn't all that difficult to find your way around, especially now that they've developed the "Participation" link.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

You and I won't agree on this at all, so I'll just leave it be.
    As for what I want anybody to do about it? Nothing. Was just voicing my opinion that the changes have negatively affected my participation, and the only reason I bothered to do so was because I saw the banner that the "old look" was coming back and found this thread.
    Whether the "powers that be" choose to do anything is entirely up to them. My life won't change much either way if they do or don't.

Posted:
    Old stuff:
    1962 Tommy Armour AT2W Driver   1953 Macgregor M65W EOM 3 wood   1978 H&B PowerBilt Citation 4 wood
    1984 Ben Hogan Apex PC 2-E   1968 Wilson Dual Wedge
    1964 Acushnet O-SET M6S Bullseye Putter
    New stuff
    Cobra ZL 10.5 driver   Adams 5050 16 fairway wood   Adams A2P 20* hybrid
    Titleist 716 MB irons 4-PW    Callaway Mack Daddy wedges 52, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Napa
  • J13J13 Dad golf  15882Members Posts: 15,882

Glad this was added. It's how i navigate the board.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsu Tensei Pro White 70TX
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Under Construction
    Wedges - Under Construction
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

Advertisement
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience ETX 4780ClubWRX Posts: 4,780

Thanks for getting this implemented. This was the main way that I navigated the board, and I find myself being more active already.

Posted:
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura Speeder 857 TR-X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • RohlioRohlio  2452Members Posts: 2,452

Nice job on getting that link up...That makes everything work so much better for me.

Posted:
    WITB:
    Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
    FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
    Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
    Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
    Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
    Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.