2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

I believe I have stumbled upon genius....Hogans big secret!

[quote name='Forewood' timestamp='1400811988' post='9351377']
Rich thanks you bro! And don't worry a few harmless posts on the internet will not keep me away. To be honest I could have kept this all to myself and just walked away. But that would mean I only came
Here or anywhere else for that matter just to "beat my chest". I don't know you guys and you guys don't know me. If you treat everyone like they are full of s***...well 1/1000 isn't and you'll just push that guy away. But after reading about a dozen or so emails I realized there's a lot of people looking at this thread other than the ones posting negativity. So that's really the only reason why I've continued to follow the thread. It's all in fun though. I'm not gonna cry and I'm a big boy. I wouldn't bring anything I personally have not worked my a** on achieving without believing in or knowing will be/is legit. I did all the hard work and I brought the answers to the test for everyone to review. Thank you for being a nice guy! This is a gentlemens game and it's good to see there's a couple still out there.

I'm still curious if any instructors have been teaching this way or using this "method" to teach their students. I may think I have discovered electricity but in reality it was invented 30 years ago. I didn't know mr hogan....god I wish I could talk to him for 5 mins though just like many of you I'm sure! But I truly believe this is what he did to not hit it left and have that confidence to perform at a high level and execute 10/10 times. Whether it's his "secret" is def debatable and I'm in no means challenging anyones theories. Also you guys have to understand I'm 90% self taught. I've had fundemental lessons from your average club pro when I first started playing back in 2008/2009. Ever since then I'm been obsessed about achieving the impossible or at least enjoy the challenge at perfecting the unperfectable. Come on guys how many of you like to "chase" women?

Well 7-8 years later it all clicked and it's all visual now. I can see my plane before I address the ball and I can see the exact ball flight before I start my routine. I know exactly what the golf ball is Going to do. Now I'm still working on distance control simply because the release is 100% different than I had last week. But it's by far the quickest and easiest swing change/transition I've ever experienced. I truly hope this helps some people cause if anyone knows what it's like to struggle and grind it's me. That was my entire motivation on improving my swing. It was never to uncover hogans secret....like I said I THINK I stumbled onto genius. And I still give hogan and all the other instructors and players I've studied and researched all the credit. I just put it all together into one recipe.

Just like any other swing there's a lot of parts that have to be put together correctly, and I'm
More than willing to make some short vids explaining each position of the swing and how to get in the crucial positions to execute this move/swing. I honestly believe if I can do it anyone can do it. +5-30 hanicaps. And if a seasoned tour pro approached me and had a hooking problem I would be completely confident and suggest this to them as well. It will simply take a ill hard work, some blisters and sweat and you can experience what I'm currently experiencing.

To address the question about slicers shouldn't try this....yeah anyone can try this! I mean if someone enjoys hittin a powerful 15 yard draw this won't work for them. But if you hit a fade or cut this won't make you slice MORE it will make you hit it straight and hard! Literally the ball flies on a frozen rope with a slight bias to fall right. You will literally have out of bounds left on a dog leg left and you'll be able to aim down the left side of the fairway and swing as hard as you want too and the ball will
Not move one inch left of your target line. That's real! All I can say is try it out! It's not gonna hurt anything or anyone.

And if you're still one of those negative Nancy's then well I feel bad for you. But you're entitled to your own opinion and there's nothing wrong with that. Just at least be open minded and know there's so many people playing golf today that there will be a lot of people with great ideas. Just don't knock it cause it's NEW. Change isn't always good but sometimes it's exactly what some people need. I personally needed a change and I found MY holy grail and maybe it could be yours too.

I will post some vids tomorrow. But again please don't treat me or my swing like I'm a swing guru and telling everyone this is how it should be...my way or the highway. Cause that's not the case at all. Just at the least be respectfully. Not overly critical with immature bashing just to disagree or cause this is the internet and it's not "real" so you can be an a******. I have nothing to gain at all but to help at least 1 person get over the hump or past a wall they have reached within their game.

Here's my email again and if anyone has any questions or just wanna chat about swing thoughts or fundamentals I'm always available. But I am not a professional nor am I out to gain a reputation in golf through my swing advice. I can jeopardize my amateur status if it appears I'm here to promote my "theories" to ultimately get some sort of gain from it. Think of it as golf napster ...I'm just sharing what I got with anyone who cares to know.

[email protected]

Btw if you sent me a message on this site I just now saw them. I was only replying earlier To direct emails to my email account. I'll respond to you all as I get a moment too. Thanks.
[/quote]

Thank you for blessing us with your presence.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FucbvoFFy0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FucbvoFFy0[/url]

[quote name='Forewood' timestamp='1400736259' post='9345073']

I am new to the forum but I'm not new to the site and I enjoy the massive amounts of knowledge from this site! You guys have connected so many dots along with my tireless research and analysis of hogan and many other great ball strikers mechanics. I'm a true student of the game and enjoy discovering new things everyday. I practice 30 hours/6 days a week so I'm constantly experimenting with new drills and theories I come across. While doing this everyday I do discover a ton of cool stuff but I think I stumbled upon the holy grail.....I do not want to come off cocky or arrogant like I "solved" the puzzle. Like I said I'm a humble student of the beautiful game we all love and just enjoy hitting hundreds of balls and trying to get a little better everyday.....

I have linked together a bunch of stuff while building my swing over the last 2-3 months. I had a swing similar to Phil mickelsons very long and languid no rush to start the downswing, very similar past parallel/cross the line arm and hand action at the transition but not as wild lower body as him, but I did have a move away from the ball w/ a "twist" or "flip release with forearms touching after impact and I always battled a two way miss. The powerful push cut and over the top toe down duck hook. It all depended on my timing that day. Well I woke up and decided I would never hit a hook again. I then began studying hogan, Nicklaus, Snead, Phil Rodgers, elk, among many other teaching and touring professionals throughout history. I have tried a lot of stuff that has helped many of which came directly from SITD and other similar instruction videos on YouTube. Well yesterday I had an "AH HA" moment and the light bulb clicked on and everything slowed down and doubled in size. The swing plane became visual instead of being a feel and the release is one of the most amazing things I've ever felt. I literally giggled and acted like a lil kid after hitting a few shots. I went back to the range today for 6 hours and did not hit one shot left. I mean I could release as hard as I want and not hit it a foot left of my target line. So this was not one of those lucky days at the range and all the feelings went away the next morning. The move is so easy and repeatable I honestly feel like I will never hit a shot less than flush ever again. And as long as you have basic athletic ability and flexibility there should be no reason why ANYONE would ever hit a hook or even off line ever again!

I think hogan mislead everyone slightly or maybe something was lost in translation. I don't believe the secret is in the dirt...I think that's just a clue. There's actually a ton of clues. And just about every clue has been a main suspect to be his secret...but the secret is actually right in front of everyone's eyes....everybody keeps looking for that one subtle move that made him swing a club the way he did and can not see the big picture right in front of their face! And I was just as guilty until 48 hours ago....

The really crazy part is there are a large group of people that already know his secret and don't even know it...and probably don't even know who Ben hogan is.....

Before I jump out on the plank and have a ton of people tell me why I'm an idiot, I'm curious if any of you guys have a best guess to what his "secret" actually was/is? I'd just like to know if I'm even in the same ball park....

Again I just stumbled across this and this website is the first place I've gone to get any feedback or opinions about hogans mechanics and his "secret." Let's get the thread started! Anyone have any theories?
[/quote]

Here's another one who was able to post here with less than 75 posts.

The minimum 75 posts no longer stands here in Hogan forum, or are you one of the moderators who's seeking the Hogan secret? :D

[quote name='limcauco' timestamp='1400853495' post='9353453']

I am new to the forum but I'm not new to the site and I enjoy the massive amounts of knowledge from this site! You guys have connected so many dots along with my tireless research and analysis of hogan and many other great ball strikers mechanics. I'm a true student of the game and enjoy discovering new things everyday. I practice 30 hours/6 days a week so I'm constantly experimenting with new drills and theories I come across. While doing this everyday I do discover a ton of cool stuff but I think I stumbled upon the holy grail.....I do not want to come off cocky or arrogant like I "solved" the puzzle. Like I said I'm a humble student of the beautiful game we all love and just enjoy hitting hundreds of balls and trying to get a little better everyday.....

I have linked together a bunch of stuff while building my swing over the last 2-3 months. I had a swing similar to Phil mickelsons very long and languid no rush to start the downswing, very similar past parallel/cross the line arm and hand action at the transition but not as wild lower body as him, but I did have a move away from the ball w/ a "twist" or "flip release with forearms touching after impact and I always battled a two way miss. The powerful push cut and over the top toe down duck hook. It all depended on my timing that day. Well I woke up and decided I would never hit a hook again. I then began studying hogan, Nicklaus, Snead, Phil Rodgers, elk, among many other teaching and touring professionals throughout history. I have tried a lot of stuff that has helped many of which came directly from SITD and other similar instruction videos on YouTube. Well yesterday I had an "AH HA" moment and the light bulb clicked on and everything slowed down and doubled in size. The swing plane became visual instead of being a feel and the release is one of the most amazing things I've ever felt. I literally giggled and acted like a lil kid after hitting a few shots. I went back to the range today for 6 hours and did not hit one shot left. I mean I could release as hard as I want and not hit it a foot left of my target line. So this was not one of those lucky days at the range and all the feelings went away the next morning. The move is so easy and repeatable I honestly feel like I will never hit a shot less than flush ever again. And as long as you have basic athletic ability and flexibility there should be no reason why ANYONE would ever hit a hook or even off line ever again!

I think hogan mislead everyone slightly or maybe something was lost in translation. I don't believe the secret is in the dirt...I think that's just a clue. There's actually a ton of clues. And just about every clue has been a main suspect to be his secret...but the secret is actually right in front of everyone's eyes....everybody keeps looking for that one subtle move that made him swing a club the way he did and can not see the big picture right in front of their face! And I was just as guilty until 48 hours ago....

The really crazy part is there are a large group of people that already know his secret and don't even know it...and probably don't even know who Ben hogan is.....

Before I jump out on the plank and have a ton of people tell me why I'm an idiot, I'm curious if any of you guys have a best guess to what his "secret" actually was/is? I'd just like to know if I'm even in the same ball park....

Again I just stumbled across this and this website is the first place I've gone to get any feedback or opinions about hogans mechanics and his "secret." Let's get the thread started! Anyone have any theories?
[/quote]

The minimum 75 posts no longer stands here in Hogan forum, or are you one of the moderators who's seeking the Hogan secret? :D
[/quote]

This thread was originally posted elsewhere and moved to the hogan forum by the mods. The OP cannot comment here now because he has less than 75 posts.

This has been addressed by the OP in a separate thread in the general golf talk forum.

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 50°/54°/60°
Wilson Staff 8882

[quote name='MattTheTaff' timestamp='1400853725' post='9353495']
[quote name='limcauco' timestamp='1400853495' post='9353453']

[/quote]

[/quote]

This thread was originally posted elsewhere and moved to the hogan forum by the mods. The OP cannot comment here now because he has less than 75 posts.

This has been addressed by the OP in a separate thread in the general golf talk forum.
[/quote]

I see. Thanks.

• 4 years later...