I believe I have stumbled upon genius....Hogans big secret!

1235»

Comments

• TJCDASTJCDAS I was cured, all right! Members  3228WRX Points: 52Handicap: MePosts: 3,228 Titanium Tees
    Check Mike +2.2 but no posted scores for 6 months.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • limcaucolimcauco Members  223WRX Points: 0Posts: 223
    Forewood wrote:

I am new to the forum but I'm not new to the site and I enjoy the massive amounts of knowledge from this site! You guys have connected so many dots along with my tireless research and analysis of hogan and many other great ball strikers mechanics. I'm a true student of the game and enjoy discovering new things everyday. I practice 30 hours/6 days a week so I'm constantly experimenting with new drills and theories I come across. While doing this everyday I do discover a ton of cool stuff but I think I stumbled upon the holy grail.....I do not want to come off cocky or arrogant like I "solved" the puzzle. Like I said I'm a humble student of the beautiful game we all love and just enjoy hitting hundreds of balls and trying to get a little better everyday.....

I have linked together a bunch of stuff while building my swing over the last 2-3 months. I had a swing similar to Phil mickelsons very long and languid no rush to start the downswing, very similar past parallel/cross the line arm and hand action at the transition but not as wild lower body as him, but I did have a move away from the ball w/ a "twist" or "flip release with forearms touching after impact and I always battled a two way miss. The powerful push cut and over the top toe down duck hook. It all depended on my timing that day. Well I woke up and decided I would never hit a hook again. I then began studying hogan, Nicklaus, Snead, Phil Rodgers, elk, among many other teaching and touring professionals throughout history. I have tried a lot of stuff that has helped many of which came directly from SITD and other similar instruction videos on YouTube. Well yesterday I had an "AH HA" moment and the light bulb clicked on and everything slowed down and doubled in size. The swing plane became visual instead of being a feel and the release is one of the most amazing things I've ever felt. I literally giggled and acted like a lil kid after hitting a few shots. I went back to the range today for 6 hours and did not hit one shot left. I mean I could release as hard as I want and not hit it a foot left of my target line. So this was not one of those lucky days at the range and all the feelings went away the next morning. The move is so easy and repeatable I honestly feel like I will never hit a shot less than flush ever again. And as long as you have basic athletic ability and flexibility there should be no reason why ANYONE would ever hit a hook or even off line ever again!

I think hogan mislead everyone slightly or maybe something was lost in translation. I don't believe the secret is in the dirt...I think that's just a clue. There's actually a ton of clues. And just about every clue has been a main suspect to be his secret...but the secret is actually right in front of everyone's eyes....everybody keeps looking for that one subtle move that made him swing a club the way he did and can not see the big picture right in front of their face! And I was just as guilty until 48 hours ago....

The really crazy part is there are a large group of people that already know his secret and don't even know it...and probably don't even know who Ben hogan is.....

Before I jump out on the plank and have a ton of people tell me why I'm an idiot, I'm curious if any of you guys have a best guess to what his "secret" actually was/is? I'd just like to know if I'm even in the same ball park....

Again I just stumbled across this and this website is the first place I've gone to get any feedback or opinions about hogans mechanics and his "secret." Let's get the thread started! Anyone have any theories?

Here's another one who was able to post here with less than 75 posts.

The minimum 75 posts no longer stands here in Hogan forum, or are you one of the moderators who's seeking the Hogan secret? image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Posted:
  • MattTheTaffMattTheTaff Oh, I used to be disgusted.. and now I try to be amused Members  2252WRX Points: 1Posts: 2,252 Bunkers
    limcauco wrote:

Forewood wrote:

I am new to the forum but I'm not new to the site and I enjoy the massive amounts of knowledge from this site! You guys have connected so many dots along with my tireless research and analysis of hogan and many other great ball strikers mechanics. I'm a true student of the game and enjoy discovering new things everyday. I practice 30 hours/6 days a week so I'm constantly experimenting with new drills and theories I come across. While doing this everyday I do discover a ton of cool stuff but I think I stumbled upon the holy grail.....I do not want to come off cocky or arrogant like I "solved" the puzzle. Like I said I'm a humble student of the beautiful game we all love and just enjoy hitting hundreds of balls and trying to get a little better everyday.....

I have linked together a bunch of stuff while building my swing over the last 2-3 months. I had a swing similar to Phil mickelsons very long and languid no rush to start the downswing, very similar past parallel/cross the line arm and hand action at the transition but not as wild lower body as him, but I did have a move away from the ball w/ a "twist" or "flip release with forearms touching after impact and I always battled a two way miss. The powerful push cut and over the top toe down duck hook. It all depended on my timing that day. Well I woke up and decided I would never hit a hook again. I then began studying hogan, Nicklaus, Snead, Phil Rodgers, elk, among many other teaching and touring professionals throughout history. I have tried a lot of stuff that has helped many of which came directly from SITD and other similar instruction videos on YouTube. Well yesterday I had an "AH HA" moment and the light bulb clicked on and everything slowed down and doubled in size. The swing plane became visual instead of being a feel and the release is one of the most amazing things I've ever felt. I literally giggled and acted like a lil kid after hitting a few shots. I went back to the range today for 6 hours and did not hit one shot left. I mean I could release as hard as I want and not hit it a foot left of my target line. So this was not one of those lucky days at the range and all the feelings went away the next morning. The move is so easy and repeatable I honestly feel like I will never hit a shot less than flush ever again. And as long as you have basic athletic ability and flexibility there should be no reason why ANYONE would ever hit a hook or even off line ever again!

I think hogan mislead everyone slightly or maybe something was lost in translation. I don't believe the secret is in the dirt...I think that's just a clue. There's actually a ton of clues. And just about every clue has been a main suspect to be his secret...but the secret is actually right in front of everyone's eyes....everybody keeps looking for that one subtle move that made him swing a club the way he did and can not see the big picture right in front of their face! And I was just as guilty until 48 hours ago....

The really crazy part is there are a large group of people that already know his secret and don't even know it...and probably don't even know who Ben hogan is.....

Before I jump out on the plank and have a ton of people tell me why I'm an idiot, I'm curious if any of you guys have a best guess to what his "secret" actually was/is? I'd just like to know if I'm even in the same ball park....

Again I just stumbled across this and this website is the first place I've gone to get any feedback or opinions about hogans mechanics and his "secret." Let's get the thread started! Anyone have any theories?

The minimum 75 posts no longer stands here in Hogan forum, or are you one of the moderators who's seeking the Hogan secret? image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

This thread was originally posted elsewhere and moved to the hogan forum by the mods. The OP cannot comment here now because he has less than 75 posts.

This has been addressed by the OP in a separate thread in the general golf talk forum.
    Posted:
    Titleist 905R - 10.5°
    Titleist 904f - 17°
    Cleveland Mashie - 20.5°
    Mizuno MP32 - 3-PW
    Cleveland 588 Forged 54°/60°
    Wilson Staff 8882
  • limcaucolimcauco Members  223WRX Points: 0Posts: 223

limcauco wrote:

Forewood wrote:

This thread was originally posted elsewhere and moved to the hogan forum by the mods. The OP cannot comment here now because he has less than 75 posts.

This has been addressed by the OP in a separate thread in the general golf talk forum.

I see. Thanks.
    Posted:
  • MattStrubeMattStrube San FranciscoMembers  234WRX Points: 75Handicap: 5Posts: 234 Fairways

Was there ever a video posted?

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.