HitEm True (TEST thread only)

nsxguy ·  
nsxguynsxguy Just anudder userFloridaMembers  6910WRX Points: 1,235Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 6,910 Titanium Tees
Joined:  edited Apr 26, 2019 in WRX 2.0 Forum Bugs and Features #1

Does HItEm True REALLY hit 'em true ??? (Anybody can answer - just want to see a post LOL)

Posted:
Post edited by nsxguy on

Best Answer

Answers

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27126WRX Points: 467Posts: 27,126 Marshals

Maybe

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
    BST AD Help
    If you have a general help question, post here:
    GolfWRX Website Help Desk
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6910WRX Points: 1,235Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 6,910 Titanium Tees

On -, @HitEmTrue said:

Since Gxgolfer answered, this thread is not longer in the "Unanswered" category.

If you mark one of the answers as "correct" (I have no idea what that looks like), it will pin that answer to the top. For example, if you mark mine, it will move ABOVE the answer from

On -, @Gxgolfer. It will also add an "Accepted Answer" tag onto the forum listing next to this thread.

Hmmmmm, I didn't look for this under the unanswered when I posted it (What a dummy !!!)

But yes, it does show as "answered", even though I didn't click the Yes/No (yet).

Posted:
  • nsxguynsxguy Just anudder user FloridaMembers  6910WRX Points: 1,235Handicap: 3.9-9.3-7.7 (Health issue)Posts: 6,910 Titanium Tees

This is interesting.

Correct, I clicked on "Yes" in your post and sure enough it goes to the top as "Best Answer" and the others are just "answers". And then the thread shows as "Accepted Answer" instead of "Answered".

I guess you couldn't see the YES/NO as in the picture below - only available for the OP to see I guess.

Pretty whacky.

Posted:
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers  6841WRX Points: 608Posts: 6,841 Titanium Tees

On -, @Gxgolfer and
    On -, @easyyy ,

When the OP accepts an answer, it gets bumped up near the top of page one. If someone has already been reading/following that thread, and they come back to that thread later to see new posts, what would draw them to him to see the new post that was accepted as an answer? It disappears from the last page of the thread, and the person will be taken to the end of the thread to read.

Using the following thread as an example...my answer was bumped to page 1 (post #3), but was really a page 2 post.

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1759969/view-my-content-threads-i-posted-in/p2

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed since

On -, @Gxgolfer preferred this feature request to be here.
    Posted:
  • GxgolferGxgolfer Site Founder & Co-Owner SF Bay Area, CARules Official, Administrator  27126WRX Points: 467Posts: 27,126 Marshals

I’m not follow what the issue or request is?

Posted:
    Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
    BST AD Help
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • HitEmTrueHitEmTrue North TexasMembers  6841WRX Points: 608Posts: 6,841 Titanium Tees

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

If someone has already read page one of a thread, why/how would they see the answer that has been bumped up to page one? When they go back to a thread, they will be taken to page 2, 3, or wherever the bottom of the thread might be.

I don't have a solution, except for NOT bumping the accepted answer. Leave it where it is (page 2, 3, whatever), and highlight it. Or, where the original post would have fallen, put a link back to the answer on page one.

Posted:

I don’t think there is anything to be done besides people adapting. The Q and A thread is labeled answered so that implies looking on the first page. If it’s not positioned then it would be confusing going through multiple pages to find the answer if highlighted another way.

The amount of programming required does not seem equal to return.

Posted:
    BST AD Help

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

Sorry Gx, this was just a test of seeing how the Unanswered (link)/Question/Answered/Accepted answer scenario unfolds.

I think we're good now.

Posted:

On -, @nsxguy said:

On -, @Gxgolfer said:

Sorry Gx, this was just a test of seeing how the Unanswered (link)/Question/Answered/Accepted answer scenario unfolds.

I think we're good now.

He was talking about my comment/request. Our conversation started in another thread and landed here.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.