2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Electric Carts/Trolleys buying help

> @BirdieBob said:

> > @BirdieBob said:

> > > @BirdieBob said:

> > > Have decided to go with the Navigator AT instead and use the free 30 day return, free ship on my Ebay purchase.

> > > The new AT is due out in about a month....much better front end design.

> >

> > For the price of the Navigator AT (likely about $2000)....I am now looking at the Stewart Golf X9 Follow!

>

> Having seen someone with a Stewart X9 Follow in action, I think that will be worth the extra $500 over the Navigator AT just due to the bluetooth following tech in the cart....just amazing!

> Placed order directly via Stewart website.

> Also added the extra "HedgeHog" rear wheels.

The Stewarts look great with that swoopy deck, but that design would eliminate them for me because of the small trunk in my BMW 2-series. According to Stewart's website (if my conversion is right), the folded size is 12".5 H X 26"W X 32.3"L. If I could shoehorn it in the opening, it would take up most of the trunk floor, with no space for my bag. Measuring my Zip X3 with the wheels reversed in the trunk in front of my bag I get approximately (generously) 15"H X 15"W X @28"L. No problem getting it in the trunk along with my SM Sync bag and other equipment, like shoes and a shag bag. If I had an SUV or stored my kit at the course it wouldn't make a difference, but my experiences with small trunks (I had a Mazda MX-5 roadster and had to carry my bag in the passenger seat) made me focus on size along with other functions.

Congrats on your decision. Let us know how you like the Stewart.

>

• Like 2

> @ChampagneGary said:

> > @BirdieBob said:

> > > @BirdieBob said:

> > > > @BirdieBob said:

> > > > Have decided to go with the Navigator AT instead and use the free 30 day return, free ship on my Ebay purchase.

> > > > The new AT is due out in about a month....much better front end design.

> > >

> > > For the price of the Navigator AT (likely about $2000)....I am now looking at the Stewart Golf X9 Follow!

> >

> > Having seen someone with a Stewart X9 Follow in action, I think that will be worth the extra $500 over the Navigator AT just due to the bluetooth following tech in the cart....just amazing!

> > Placed order directly via Stewart website.

> > Also added the extra "HedgeHog" rear wheels.

> The Stewarts look great with that swoopy deck, but that design would eliminate them for me because of the small trunk in my BMW 2-series. According to Stewart's website (if my conversion is right), the folded size is 12".5 H X 26"W X 32.3"L. If I could shoehorn it in the opening, it would take up most of the trunk floor, with no space for my bag. Measuring my Zip X3 with the wheels reversed in the trunk in front of my bag I get approximately (generously) 15"H X 15"W X @28"L. No problem getting it in the trunk along with my SM Sync bag and other equipment, like shoes and a shag bag. If I had an SUV or stored my kit at the course it wouldn't make a difference, but my experiences with small trunks (I had a Mazda MX-5 roadster and had to carry my bag in the passenger seat) made me focus on size along with other functions.

> Congrats on your decision. Let us know how you like the Stewart.

> >

>

>

More than happy to report back!

Mine will be going into the hatch of my C7 2015 Corvette Z06, plus my bag/clubs. :o

I did have my Clicgear cart and bag in the hatch with no issues.

May have to utilize the front seat space somehow...but I will get it to fit.

I do have a Chevy Avalanche if all fails... :D

Yeah, the one I saw on the course that came along a cart path following its player looks very well designed/built compared others I have reviewed.

There is a 30 day trial period, so I will give some testing soon.

The Z06 hatch area is minimum width 40" x 44" length and +12" height.

So the X9 will fit lengthwise widthwise across the hatch and only take up 26" of the hatch depth....bag will fit lengthwise across the rear of the hatch with depth to spare.

So, all you Corvette fans...Relax... np

• Like 1

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

> @moolman said:

> Does any cart do a follow mode like the X9? or is this an exclusive thing for them?

> Thanks

DRIVERS (TBD):  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 6.0 / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV Raw White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 4 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN0311XP, Double Black, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

I have a remote Kangaroo. Bought it used pretty cheap. Works great. Only problem is.....it is HEAVY. Breaks down into 3 pieces, but the motor and wheel part is still heavy for a 75 year old to lift and set down into a trunk. But being the beast that it is makes it unbelievably durable.

I run it on ahead of me while I walk. I don't think I would like a follow option. I would always be looking over my shoulder. We've got some bridges on my course and I do not do remote going over them.

Murv

MGI Zip Navigator checks all the boxes. I love mine. My brother just got his last week. I’ve had mine for a year. I almost ordered the Zip without remote. So glad I got the remote. Having the ability to do both I use the remote 95% of the time. Those that have manual only may say that is all you need. Don’t believe it.

I agree that the remote is key. I have a Motocaddy M1 without remote that I've used for a few years now. I intentionally bought an electric cart without a remote after reading horror stories about it going off accidentally in your pocket and running into ponds and stuff.

Recently, though, the li-ion battery dropped a few feet when I opened my trunk and it fell out onto the concrete driveway. The housing cracked so I didn't want to take a chance on it igniting or blowing up when I try to charge it. I was actually not that broken up about it since I've gotten a little tired of using it. It works fine but the front wheel is out of alignment and veers left. You can manually calibrate it but I always forget to do this until it's too late and I'm rushing to the course with no time left but to unpack it and get to the first tee. Then during the round I'm cursing myself and constantly correcting its course. And after the round I end up just packing it up and storing it in the garage, forgetting about it until the next time when I'm running late for my tee time again lol.

So I started looking for another electric cart. I wanted to try a remote control version this time and was set on getting the MSI Navigator. It checked all the boxes with a robust battery, slim design that seems easy to fold/unfold, gyroscope for straight tracking, and a back wheel to prevent it from tipping over. Plus it gets good reviews and is offered on Costco's website with a bunch of accessories included. But it just so happens a golf buddy was selling his remote control cart, a Bag Boy Quad, for a smoking deal. He offered to let me try it out on the course before deciding.

Well after trying it out on the course I can honestly say it's the best experience I've ever had walking during a round of golf. The remote is a game changer. It turns out MGI makes the carts for Bag Boy, so the motor, control system, and remote control are the same. Just the form factor is different. I was worried at first because after charging it overnight and plugging it in, the meter read only one bar. So throughout the round I was waiting for it to die. But it actually lasted the entire round. And it was a blast to control. I no longer have to adjust the cart and guide it manually at every turn or slope. It was such a freeing experience and pretty intuitive. I usually had the cart go ahead of me to my ball, then I'd hit and walk with it to the green, take my putter out and have the cart go towards the next hole.

I mentioned the incorrect meter reading to my buddy he said it's been like that but it shouldn't be a problem. I told him I'd think about it and was just about to let him know that I'll pass and get the MSI instead since I was worried about the battery and/or meter when he knocked the price down even further. Well this ended up being too good of a deal to pass up so I bought it.

Long story (sorry) short, but my advice is to definitely get a remote control cart. You won't regret it. I actually can't wait til I can use the cart again and it's making me want to start walking more.

Titleist 8.5* TS3 Project X Evenflow Blue 65g Stiff
Titleist 15* TS2 3W Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff
Titleist 19* TS2 Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 Stiff 
Callaway Apex 19 4-AW TT Elevate 95 Stiff
Cobra King Pur Wedge 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Cleveland CBX Wedge 60* TT 115g
 Odyssey V Line Arm Lock Putter

> @GeorgeL said:

> I agree that the remote is key. I have a Motocaddy M1 without remote that I've used for a few years now. I intentionally bought an electric cart without a remote after reading horror stories about it going off accidentally in your pocket and running into ponds and stuff.

>

> Recently, though, the li-ion battery dropped a few feet when I opened my trunk and it fell out onto the concrete driveway. The housing cracked so I didn't want to take a chance on it igniting or blowing up when I try to charge it. I was actually not that broken up about it since I've gotten a little tired of using it. It works fine but the front wheel is out of alignment and veers left. You can manually calibrate it but I always forget to do this until it's too late and I'm rushing to the course with no time left but to unpack it and get to the first tee. Then during the round I'm cursing myself and constantly correcting its course. And after the round I end up just packing it up and storing it in the garage, forgetting about it until the next time when I'm running late for my tee time again lol.

>

> So I started looking for another electric cart. I wanted to try a remote control version this time and was set on getting the MSI Navigator. It checked all the boxes with a robust battery, slim design that seems easy to fold/unfold, gyroscope for straight tracking, and a back wheel to prevent it from tipping over. Plus it gets good reviews and is offered on Costco's website with a bunch of accessories included. But it just so happens a golf buddy was selling his remote control cart, a Bag Boy Quad, for a smoking deal. He offered to let me try it out on the course before deciding.

>

> Well after trying it out on the course I can honestly say it's the best experience I've ever had walking during a round of golf. The remote is a game changer. It turns out MGI makes the carts for Bag Boy, so the motor, control system, and remote control are the same. Just the form factor is different. I was worried at first because after charging it overnight and plugging it in, the meter read only one bar. So throughout the round I was waiting for it to die. But it actually lasted the entire round. And it was a blast to control. I no longer have to adjust the cart and guide it manually at every turn or slope. It was such a freeing experience and pretty intuitive. I usually had the cart go ahead of me to my ball, then I'd hit and walk with it to the green, take my putter out and have the cart go towards the next hole.

>

> I mentioned the incorrect meter reading to my buddy he said it's been like that but it shouldn't be a problem. I told him I'd think about it and was just about to let him know that I'll pass and get the MSI instead since I was worried about the battery and/or meter when he knocked the price down even further. Well this ended up being too good of a deal to pass up so I bought it.

>

> Long story (sorry) short, but my advice is to definitely get a remote control cart. You won't regret it. I actually can't wait til I can use the cart again and it's making me want to start walking more.

This is all correct

Go_Time, Since you have the DHC I'm assuming you play a pretty hilly course. Which battery are you using and hows the remaining charge after 18. I'm looking at getting the S3 with DHC and I'm trying to decide if I need the Std or Ext Battery. My course averages just under 6 miles and has some pretty steep grades on it. Have you ever tried a cart without DHC and if so do you think this is a must have for a hilly course? Also who did you purchase from? Thanks

> @buzzro said:

> Go_Time, Since you have the DHC I'm assuming you play a pretty hilly course. Which battery are you using and hows the remaining charge after 18. I'm looking at getting the S3 with DHC and I'm trying to decide if I need the Std or Ext Battery. My course averages just under 6 miles and has some pretty steep grades on it. Have you ever tried a cart without DHC and if so do you think this is a must have for a hilly course? Also who did you purchase from? Thanks

I purchased from golfsellersdirect. The course I play isn't super hilly but I'm glad I have the DHC, nothing more annoying with my ClicGear than having to lug it down a hill, almost as much work as pushing it up. I'd say it's definitely worth the extra money.

As for charge, I've only played with it a handful of times, but I've walked 36 on one charge, and have done 18 and then 18 two days later on a single charge with no issues. I really don't have a terribly hilly course, though. Although I can't see the standard battery having a problem with 18 very hilly holes. 36 on a single charge could be an issue tho.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased a QOD. I have always carried my bag (and still would prefer to carry) but it became time for me to put the bag down. I never liked push carts - for whatever reason they always seemed harder on my back than just slinging the bag. So after all the requisite research I choose QOD for several reasons:

1. It is incredibly compact. Easily fits into the trunk of my car with 2 golf bags. If you drive a truck/suv maybe not important but for me it was definitely a requirement

2. Didn't want a remote. Simply personal preference

3. 3-year warranty and U.S. based support.

4. Simplicity of use. Don't need/want bells and whistles, GPS etc. Just tote the bag and let me focus on my round.

5. Solid reviews.

Also looked at:

- Alphard e-wheels. Cool idea but at $600, and add to that the price of a push cart which I would've had to buy, and the price becomes somewhat equivalent to the full-on electric carts.

- Powakaddy, BatCaddy, Cart-tek - all seemed like they made good products, and I almost pulled the trigger on the Powakaddy, but once I saw the pre-order special price on the QOD I jumped.

So I've used the QOD for about a month now and initial impressions are very good. It still feels strange not to have the bag on my back but I must say I do feel a little fresher playing the final few holes in a round. It's easy to control as I never let it get too far away from me. Too many hazards on my course. I simply set the speed and use the stop/start button rather than the potentiometer knob. Just seems easier to me. The unit has tipped over backwards a couple of times as I was getting used to operating it. If this remains an issue I'll look at a weight re-distribution solution. For now it's ok. Set-up and break-down is easy and fast. Pull it out of the trunk, unfold it, throw the bag on, and I'm ready to go in less than a minute. I really do like being able to walk with normal posture as opposed to slumping over a push cart handle.

I'll update this post if anyone is interested as I get more use out of the cart to give a more informed impression and update reliability, service ect.

Callaway Paradym  (10.5*) / Kuro Kage 50g R 

Callaway Epic Max 3W / Hzrdus Smoke / 60g 6.0

Callaway Apex UW (19*) / Hzrdus RDX 70g 5.5

Callaway Apex 21 (4-PW) / Accra iSeries 60i

Callaway Mack Daddy 5 54* 58* / Dynamic Gold s200

Bettinardi Queen Bee #6 / 33

Chrome Soft

> @toominator said:

> I recently purchased a QOD. I have always carried my bag (and still would prefer to carry) but it became time for me to put the bag down. I never liked push carts - for whatever reason they always seemed harder on my back than just slinging the bag. So after all the requisite research I choose QOD for several reasons:

> 1. It is incredibly compact. Easily fits into the truck of my car with 2 golf bags. If you drive a truck/suv maybe not important but for me it was definitely a requirement

> 2. Didn't want a remote. Simply personal preference

> 3. 3-year warranty and U.S. based support.

> 4. Simplicity of use. Don't need/want bells and whistles, GPS etc. Just tote the bag and let me focus on my round.

> 5. Solid reviews.

> Also looked at:

> - Alphard e-wheels. Cool idea but at $600, and add to that the price of a push cart which I would've had to buy, and the price becomes somewhat equivalent to the full-on electric carts.

> - Powakaddy, BatCaddy, Cart-tek - all seemed like they made good products, and I almost pulled the trigger on the Powakaddy, but once I saw the pre-order special price on the QOD I jumped.

>

> So I've used the QOD for about a month now and initial impressions are very good. It still feels strange not to have the bag on my back but I must say I do feel a little fresher playing the final few holes in a round. It's easy to control as I never let it get too far away from me. Too many hazards on my course. I simply set the speed and use the stop/start button rather than the potentiometer knob. Just seems easier to me. The unit has tipped over backwards a couple of times as I was getting used to operating it. If this remains an issue I'll look at a weight re-distribution solution. For now it's ok. Set-up and break-down is easy and fast. Pull it out of the trunk, unfold it, throw the bag on, and I'm ready to go in less than a minute. I really do like being able to walk with normal posture and opposed to slumping over a push cart handle.

>

> I'll update this post if anyone is interested as I get more use out of the cart to give a more informed impression and update reliability, service ect.

I still have those same impressions of my QOD, after using it since last August. All solid, no complaints.

I have a MGI Navigator quad gyro and been using it for about 2 years and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a remote electric cart. The new zip are similar and use lithium batteries too. I recharge mine after every game but have not tested to see if I can get 36 holes on one charge.

I Find you can set the cart to crawl along if you are helping someone find their ball and it will just go slow up the fairway.you can get the fifth wheel for the mgi which helps going up hills or rises and it does not flip over.

I’ve been eyeing the MCI Zip at Costco since they offered it. Like everything Costco sells they add a great bundle of extras worth >$400 for the normal retail price. I’m just having a hard time spending that much when I’m healthy and don’t have problems pushing my Clicgear.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my Motocaddy M3 Pro for a little over a year now and have nothing but good things to say about it. It does not have a remote - which I didnt want - and I havent once regretted that buying choice. Nothing else really fancy about it, no downhill braking system, no GPS built in. Has a nice cell phone holder and USB port but otherwise, its pretty barebones. Bought the 36 hole battery with it as well.

I also recently bought the stand bag that they make. The base is designed so that the Easilock pins perfectly lock into the bottom of the cart and it doesn not move an inch when its on there - you could easily play without strapping the bag in. Bag also has a really nice shoulder strap system that unclips when you have it on the cart.

My wife has used it a few times and if I bought another cart, I would probably buy the exact same one.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had my Motocaddy M5 with DHC for about 3 weeks. With all the rain we've had Ive only gotten in 3.5 rounds with it. Fantastic. Quiet as can be. Rolls straight and true. I walk with it as its a non remote model. I barely ever need to touch it--occasional light nudge to steer it. Much more stable than I thought it would be over hills and knolls. Really steep knolls I may need to grab it to keep from tipping back but it does fine on hills. DHC is wonderful-doesnt get away from me on downhills. Electronic parking brake works well. My back is thrilled.

> @RSinSG said:

> I’ve been eyeing the MCI Zip at Costco since they offered it. Like everything Costco sells they add a great bundle of extras worth >$400 for the normal retail price. I’m just having a hard time spending that much when I’m healthy and don’t have problems pushing my Clicgear.

I felt the same way. - Finally pulled the plug and ordered it from Costco. - Arriving tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes soon.

• Like 1

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> How long will the motocaddy battery last on a full charge? Ever had the battery die during a round? What did you do? Can it be pushed manually?

I can only speak for my QOD. I forgot to charge it overnight, but got the second 18 in and the indicator lights were telling me that it still had at last 50% remaining. I've tracked a round at a little over 5.5 miles.

• Like 2

> @fazmanicg said:

> I felt the same way. - Finally pulled the plug and ordered it from Costco. - Arriving tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes soon.

Please do. I keep going back to this and am trying to convince myself I don't want it. I actually thought about it today when I was pushing my Clicgear uphill when it was 88 and humid.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

> @RSinSG said:

> > @fazmanicg said:

>

> > I felt the same way. - Finally pulled the plug and ordered it from Costco. - Arriving tomorrow. Will let you know how it goes soon.

>

> Please do. I keep going back to this and am trying to convince myself I don't want it. I actually thought about it today when I was pushing my Clicgear uphill when it was 88 and humid.

>

I will let you know now. It is awesome!! Great purchase. The Navigator is tops. My brother also got one recently due to mine. He absolutely loves it.

• Like 1

> How long will the motocaddy battery last on a full charge? Ever had the battery die during a round? What did you do? Can it be pushed manually?

Well-like I said Ive only done 3.5 rounds and no issue completing 18. If the battery dies, each wheel has a secondary position that they easily adjust to which allows it to become a push cart.

• Like 2

> @MUTTSx3 said:

> > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > How long will the motocaddy battery last on a full charge? Ever had the battery die during a round? What did you do? Can it be pushed manually?

> Well-like I said Ive only done 3.5 rounds and no issue completing 18. If the battery dies, each wheel has a secondary position that they easily adjust to which allows it to become a push cart.

Thank you. I now see that freewheel function. Very easy. Thank you.

• Like 1

What convinced me was the number of motocaddies in use in Europe--seem to be very popular over there.

> > @MUTTSx3 said:

> > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > How long will the motocaddy battery last on a full charge? Ever had the battery die during a round? What did you do? Can it be pushed manually?

> > Well-like I said Ive only done 3.5 rounds and no issue completing 18. If the battery dies, each wheel has a secondary position that they easily adjust to which allows it to become a push cart.

>

> Thank you. I now see that freewheel function. Very easy. Thank you.

• Like 2

I bought the extended battery and I've never had an issue getting 36 in.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Kaili Red 75s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TBD - TM P7MC // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash