My experience gaming clubs that were designed for my handicap range

MtlJeff

So i am a low index player, and for the past couple of years i have been using clubs designed and marketed towards low index players. Basically they are forged cavity backs. Not too small a set, but not big either. On a scale of 0-10 with 0 being blades and 10 being a full set of Hybrids... the 2016 Apex Pros would be like a 3. They are essentially a nice feeling, forged set with a little bit of forgiveness.

These are aimed at guys like 0-10 type handicaps, because they offer a bit of forgiveness (which everyone can enjoy) but also slightly narrower toplines and soles, to aid turf interaction, cutting through rough, and some trajectory control. They also feel/sound great which is nice. I have found they have basically delivered on all of these things, which is nice for me as a player in their target segment who can make good use of these features

I have found choosing a set designed for my handicap range made a lot of sense. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

No. There is no law saying you have to play clubs that are meant for your handicap. Some of the best players in the world have won events playing the chunkiest clubs known to man (Monty with the 90s Berthas when he was at his best and Lee Westwood with his Zing 2s).

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

I didn't say there was or should be a law mandating people do this and am not i advocating for one. I asked if anyone tested and bought clubs that target their skill level and have found them to be a good fit or the best fit for them

There have certainly been guys like KJ Choi who played in the Masters with g15's. My experience in the real world has been that most players seem to play stuff targeted at their skill level, here i mostly read posts advocating the inverse or that it doesn't matter.

My personal opinion is that it matters a bit what type of iron you choose related to your skill level. I'm wondering how many people here see that in their experience

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> @MtlJeff said:

> I didn't say anywhere there was or should be a law mandating people do this and am not i advocating for one. I asked if anyone tested and bought clubs that target their skill level and have found them to be a good fit

>

> There have certainly been guys like KJ Choi who played in the Masters with g15's. My experience in the real world has been that most players seem to play stuff targeted at their skill level, here i mostly read posts advocating the inverse or that it doesn't matter.

>

> My personal opinion is that it matters a bit what type of iron you choose related to your skill level

I've been playing the same set of irons for 22 years. Taylor Made Oversize. I briefly dabbled with a Wishon set from the BST, but moved back to my old clubs. I finally went and got fit... Ended up in the Mizuno Hot Metal Pros. I have no idea if they are GI, Player's Distance, or Gary Player's old clubs... I just liked how they felt... I'm curious to see if they actually help my game significantly. I've ranged from a 20 to a 4 handicap and never really felt like my irons were holding me back... I know how they play, and play around that.

Honestly, new irons might ruin me. I have no freaking clue. I'm glad I got fit for them, and I'd recommend anyone thinking about new clubs actually get on a launch monitor and figure out what they need. For me, I just wanted lower launching and lower spinning irons with some of that new fancy technology to help my mishits... as well as making sure 20 years later I'm in a set of clubs that fit my swing.

But to your point, play what you want, but clubmakers do what they do for a reason... (mostly to sell clubs, but people want to buy the clubs that work for them). Following your handicap to start of the quest for new irons is a great starting point.

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

Jeff, give the TM P770's a fair shot with the right shaft and thank me later! Tons of forgiveness but not too bulky, and can be had for a song.

I do agree with you, play with:

1. What suits your eye

2. What you need help with (toe miss, fat/thin contact, bad turf interaction, less/more offset, etc...)

3. What you score better with (could be shovels or blades, doesn't matter as long as YOU score well with them!)

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

Right! I recently started a thread about needing some launch help with my 4 iron and wondered about buying Ping G410 irons. Generally all my testing has shown that these clubs DO aid launch. Most of the feedback was to just put a KBS90 in my Apex Pro 4 iron and call it a day since that was the only club giving me a bit of grief

But i mean, there are real differences between clubs i think. But it's like, we argue that this doesn't matter at all sometimes. Doesn't this stuff matter a bit?

I feel like i never see stories like "I have a slower swing speed and needed help launching the ball, so i bought Ping G410's and they were perfect". Maybe that's because it's like starting a thread and saying the Warriors are good at basketball and it should be obvious. But i still felt like starting the thread

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I have the P770's in the bag now, with circa '90 Tour Concept satin shafts in R flex, and have honestly never hit a set of irons more consistently. This is coming from other irons that are smaller with a smaller top-line and less offset.

I haven't really ever tried true "shovels", but who knows, they may be a God-send for me? I've toyed with the idea of buying a set to see what happens, but just can't get over the looks. I did buy a set of Ping BeNi Irons a few years back and did an awesome refurb on them, but even they looked huge behind the ball and the offset was definitely noticeable! They are still in the trunk awaiting their turn in the bag, but I can't see anything kicking out my forgiving "Mid-Cavity" 770's.

**edit** Warriors post deleted so we don't get derailed.

**edited agian** I finally see what you did there Jeff!

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank

I'm with Jeff. 90% of the players I've seen do NOT work the ball, no, make that can't work the ball. So what's the benefit of a small low MOI players club for these guys?

I believe that handicap typically correlates with ball striking skill and that more players would benefit from erroring on the side of more forgiveness vs. less. And in the real world this is typically how people select clubs...unless you are on GolfWRX where all that goes out the window.

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

I think all too often we get caught up in handicap determining what you can use and can't use...

I'm a scratch marker and can certainly say I've played with higher handicaps that were stronger than me in different areas, be it short game or long.

Some people are more/less athletic and create more/less speed which can heavily influence how hey find different equipment read 2 iron vs hybrid for example.

Swing type also heavily influences what works for people. I don't get along with wide sole irons but many good players had success with G400's.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that using handicap to determine what will be a good match is a little challenging and you are best off not limiting yourself.

Wan

Great post. Dry humor and informative is a good combo.

In the interest of not starting a new thread, and in the spirit of this thread, I was hoping to get some opinions on what clubs might be good and match my current skill level and allow for room for improvement. I plan to get fitted but want to go into the fitting with a few ideas of what clubs interest me to possibly narrow down the universe a little.

A bit about me: I've been playing with TaylorMade R7 irons since they were released in 2008. I've played super inconsistently since then (2-3 times per year with some years more and some years less). Now that I'm getting back into things and going to play consistently I'd like to upgrade my clubs so I have something that will be a good base for this increased level of play. As for how I play, I shoot in the mid 90's, due mostly to shanks and lost balls off the tee. Despite that I have a pretty good base swing and am getting things dialed in with the help of a few lessons. Thankfully I'm generally athletic/coordinated and played as a kid so I anticipate improving with diligent practice - I've been told that low to mid 80's consistently is very doable for me by the end of the year. Driver club head speed is 110-115 mph.

Since I am currently not good, with the main issue being consistent ball-striking, I am mostly looking at GI irons as well as maybe two models that I hit pretty well on a trackman. Would be interested in thoughts on the below. I hit the Apex 19's really well at the shop but I don't want to buy something that's dumb if that's a terrible option. I'm clearly not out here shooting in the 70s but I do want something that provides plenty of room for improvement and still be great set for me.

-Ping G410

-Mizuno Hot Metal

-Callaway Apex 19 (non-pro)

-Mizuno Hot Metal Pro/Forged

The real question is whether you choose clubs that are designed for your handicap range or are fooled into buying clubs that are MARKETED at your handicap range.

• Like 1

Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Fubuki ZT Stiff
Callaway XR Speed 3W Project X HZRDUS T800 65 Stiff
Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 21* Hybrid Aldila RIP Stiff
Cobra King CB/MB Flow 4-6, 7-PW C-Taper Stiff or Mizuno MP4 4-PW
Vokey SM8 52/58; MD Golf 56
Radius Classic 8

I think the whole point you're making about people choosing the irons that are "correct" for their skill level is a bit of a self fulfilling prophecy as what you value you in your clubs changes along with your handicap. Let's take my recently retired neighbor, for example. He shoots mid to high 90s on his good days, and most people that are happy when they break 100 typically only really want two things out of their irons: distance and forgiveness. A few weeks ago he picked up a mint set of Steelhead XRs, a set I would definitely consider in his skill range, and brought them to show me in my garage. Guess what he was so excited about? How easy to hit they are and how far they go.

Now let's take me, hovering around an 8-9 handicap. The things I'm looking for in my irons are feel, good turf interaction, minimal offset, consistency, and a bit of forgiveness. I'm currently gaming PSI tours, a players cavity with a bit of tech in it and I'd say they fit my needs quite well. This iron would also be considered a fit for my skill range.

These values varying based on player skill is how we got started into the whole "X irons for X handicap" to begin with. Can a 25 handicap play blades? Of course he can, but he better be prepared to be 30 yards short on toe strikes, and to catch it heavy more often with the super thin soles, and better have the swing speed to get those long irons in the air. Can a scratch play SGI shovels? Sure, but he's probably going to be annoyed at how it's harder to flight the ball down due to all the low cg helping launch, or how it's harder to hit a low punch under trees with such wide soles, or how his 7 iron goes 200 yards and now his gapping is all messed up. Most people are best off playing irons at or within 1 tier of their handicap.

Of course there will be outliers, but if I had a dollar for every "fantastic ball striker with no short game" I've read about on here I could buy Taylormade's next two drivers at retail. I don't know about you guys, but I've never seen someone who can consistently smash a driver or 4 iron or whatever off the tee to the fairway just suddenly become a 20 handicap again because they're holding a sand wedge. Usually even if a player has strengths and weaknesses, they're in relation to others in their handicap. So if I play with another single digit guy, and he says "I'm a bad putter" he probably means in comparison to me or most other single digits, not that he's so bad he's gonna 4 putt every green or something. Same deal with irons. So if you're thinking about buying blades at a 15 handicap because you're a "good ballstriker" it's still a bad idea.

TM Stealth2 HZRDUS Black 6.0 60g

Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Black 80S

Ping G430 19* HZRDUS Smoke Red 6.0 80g

Srixon ZX7 4-PW C-Taper Lite 110s

Cleveland RTX 6 50,56,60

Ping PLD Oslo 4

GolfWrx answer: Yeah, I'm sure that's the case for *most* golfers but *I* am a 15 cause I can't chip and putt! But do I think my street cred would be somewhat diminished if I were to rock a Ping Chippo, Alien wedge and a stand up putter with my Miura Baby Blades (btw - they are bent weak 0.0523599 radians to reduce offset in the long irons)? Absolutely. YMMV.

Real world answer: Yes - agree w/ OP 100%

• Like 1

Ping G400 @ 10.5° (Ping Tour 65S)

Ping G400 5 wood @ 16.5° (Ping Alta CB 65S)

Ping G410 7 wood @ 20° (Ping Tour 75X)

Titleist 818H2 @ 22° (PX 6.0)

Ping i210 PowerSpec 5-U (DG S300)

Titleist SM7 54° F / 60° K (DG S200)

Ping Heppler Floki

Titleist ProV1x/AVX

> @Badandy said:

> Great post. Dry humor and informative is a good combo.

>

> In the interest of not starting a new thread, and in the spirit of this thread, I was hoping to get some opinions on what clubs might be good and match my current skill level and allow for room for improvement. I plan to get fitted but want to go into the fitting with a few ideas of what clubs interest me to possibly narrow down the universe a little.

>

> A bit about me: I've been playing with TaylorMade R7 irons since they were released in 2008. I've played super inconsistently since then (2-3 times per year with some years more and some years less). Now that I'm getting back into things and going to play consistently I'd like to upgrade my clubs so I have something that will be a good base for this increased level of play. As for how I play, I shoot in the mid 90's, due mostly to shanks and lost balls off the tee. Despite that I have a pretty good base swing and am getting things dialed in with the help of a few lessons. Thankfully I'm generally athletic/coordinated and played as a kid so I anticipate improving with diligent practice - I've been told that low to mid 80's consistently is very doable for me by the end of the year. Driver club head speed is 110-115 mph.

>

> Since I am currently not good, with the main issue being consistent ball-striking, I am mostly looking at GI irons as well as maybe two models that I hit pretty well on a trackman. Would be interested in thoughts on the below. I hit the Apex 19's really well at the shop but I don't want to buy something that's dumb if that's a terrible option. I'm clearly not out here shooting in the 70s but I do want something that provides plenty of room for improvement and still be great set for me.

>

> -Ping G410

> -Mizuno Hot Metal

> -Callaway Apex 19 (non-pro)

> -Mizuno Hot Metal Pro/Forged

I’m in a similar situation but a little further down the road... I came back to golf recently and am just getting my game back.

My suggestion is to take a month, gain some confidence in your swing and then go get fit. Approach the fitting with as little bias as possible.

I went in wanting pings and left with mizuno.

One of the things I’ve been focusing on is the right clubs and shots for where I play and not necessarily traditional gapping. For instance, I don’t really need a 200 yard club, as that distance rarely comes up for me. I haven’t finished building my set, so it’s Not excluded in my build, but it might be in favor of a shot I’ll hit more often.

Also, not sure your size and spin rate, but as a 6 4 guy with tons of spin, off the rack just doesn’t work for me.

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

> @Stanks said:

> Nope. I'll happily cuss anyone out telling me I should or shouldn't play a certain club. Because check it out. Check it out. I'm not playing with you, for you, or against you. I'm play for me, with me, and against me. I couldn't give a **** about others opinions in golf.

Seems like a great attitude to have on a golf forum...

also, the original post didn’t tell you to hit anything... just expressed the simple opinion of play the clubs that work for you... be nicer to Canada or they won’t give you any maple syrup

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

I guess I can't really talk being that I'm someone who's posted a lot in these threads but dang it sure seems like there are a million people on WRX that think there's a global conspiracy of OEMs out there trying to fool us into playing something sinister.

When the OP recommends playing something that fits your level of skill and it elicits a bunch of _"Don't tell me what to do!"_ type of responses something seems off.

I have to wonder if a large portion of this board is a bit anti-social maybe?

I play 2-3 times a week with a bunch of friends and we're always discussing equipment when somebody gets something new: a set of wedges, a new fairway metal, a different shaft, etc.

• Like 2

TSR3 (9o) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6)
TSR2+ (14.5o 3w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

TSR2 (21o 7w) (Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7)

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)
Z-Forged (7-Gw) (Nippon Modus3)

SM9 56-F / 60-S
Maltby PTM-5CS

> @MtlJeff said:

> I have found choosing a set designed for my handicap range made a lot of sense. Has anyone else had similar experiences?

I play with a similar set and I'm as happy as I've ever been. With blades I was never quite good enough to consistently hit the same shots each and every day. That's who I consider blades to be for...the guy who never hits a terrible shot and who isn't worried about contact but rather precisely where (and how) the ball lands.

At best I was hitting the green with my 7-iron about 1/2 the time. My long irons were even worse. They totally depended on what was happening that day. I might flush a couple shots or totally clunk it leaving it 10-15 yards short.

On my better days I'd miss pin-high which made me feel slightly better. On bad days though, I'd also be losing distance with slightly off-center contact or incorrect trajectories.

I could certainly play blades and shoot reasonable scores. Afterall, most of your iron shots will be with mid-to-short irons. But all of that variation was frustrating. It signaled to me that I couldn't quite control those clubs and that a CB of some sort might be better for me.

So far, that's been the case. My trajectories & distances have been noticeably tighter. A miss slightly on the toe is barely punished at all in comparison to my previous MB irons.

I feel like I'm getting about 1-2 more GIR per round on shots that were slightly missed. And those aren't just about getting that clunky 4-iron to crawl a bit further so it reaches the green. I'm talking about 8-irons that felt mis-struck but still land 10-ft from the hole giving you back that birdie putt you thought you just gave away!

I think the best part is not having to consistently lie to myself that I'm good enough. I used blades on and off for a decade but I'm sure that I probably knew in my heart I wasn't good enough for them. But I used them anyway. I loved the look, the feel and the prestige. I loved the complements I got, too! But in the end, I hated missing a shot and thinking, _'That could've been on the green with another iron. Why am I purposefully sabotaging my game like this?'_

I guess I'd sum it up by saying that a sharp looking iron will get you complements but a good score will get you respect.

So I made the change and it's been great.

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)

SM9 56-F / 60-S
Maltby PTM-5CS

Thats a no, and I am a low handicap. Never bought into

Buy clubs based on handicap, I split time between the X Forged 18's

And the Callaway MB's. My scores stay the same. Instead of worrying

If you have the right clubs, Whatever that is, Just go play.

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

> @dciccoritti said:

> > @Myherobobhope said:

> > also, the original post didn’t tell you to hit anything... just expressed the simple opinion of play the clubs that work for you...

> >

> Ummmm......no....that's not what was expressed.

>

What I said was choosing clubs that are marketed towards my "skill level" worked for me and I asked if other people found the same when they made their club choices

• Like 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

For awhile I was a 6, playing AP1 (712) 5-iron to 9-iron, and AP2 PW. Ping G25 driver, 3-wood, 5-wood. 4-hybrid. Vokey sand wedge. These were good clubs for my level of play, and they still are, but now I am older and probably a 10 or 11. I mix in some AP2 short irons (714) for the fun of it. The 8-iron and 9-iron feel just a bit better when I nut it. I am looking at some Ping i210, but unless I can find a shaft that makes them easy to hit straight, I'm sticking with what I have.

I tried Titleist CB's one year, and couldn't stand losing the distance on miss hits. I would never try blades again; I played them in the 1970's in college, and the game became easier, and my scores dropped, when I went to cavity backs with some offset in 1977. Experience.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @puttingmatt said:

> Thats a no, and I am a low handicap. Never bought into

> Buy clubs based on handicap, I split time between the X Forged 18's

> And the Callaway MB's. My scores stay the same. Instead of worrying

> If you have the right clubs, Whatever that is, Just go play.

I actually have a soft spot for SGI type clubs if they look nice. I played G15 irons for 2 years and honesty am considering G410 irons

But I do like the versatility of the apex pros and I'm not sure I really need more forgiveness, the only benefit for me might be better launch with 4 iron. Although it may be offset by a more ballooning flight into the wind maybe with 7-8 type irons. Hard to say

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> @MtlJeff said:

>

> What I said was choosing clubs that are marketed towards my "skill level" worked for me and I asked if other people found the same when they made their club choices

I have to wonder what gets people so triggered when the topic of skill level and handicap comes up.

My theory is a lot of these people who are mid-handicaps are used to being seen as one the best players in their real life group. The typical WRX'er is probably practicing more than their friends and therefore better at golf, right?

So my hunch is that people who feel superior in real life come here only to find they are confronted by a mass of really good players posting behind handicaps that are as good or better. That leaves those original mid-handicaps feeling understandably out-of-place. I think it leads to a lot of defensive posting about how "I'm a ___-handicap BUUUT...."

IDK, I'm just trying to wrap my head around some of the hostility.

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)

SM9 56-F / 60-S
Maltby PTM-5CS

> @MelloYello said:

> I guess I can't really talk being that I'm someone who's posted a lot in these threads but dang it sure seems like there are a million people on WRX that think there's a global conspiracy of OEMs out there trying to fool us into playing something sinister.

>

> When the OP recommends playing something that fits your level of skill and it elicits a bunch of _"Don't tell me what to do!"_ type of responses something seems off.

>

> I have to wonder if a large portion of this board is a bit anti-social maybe?

>

> I play 2-3 times a week with a bunch of friends and we're always discussing equipment when somebody gets something new: a set of wedges, a new fairway metal, a different shaft, etc.

>

>

Well.

Anecdotal , sure. But here goes.

The global conspiracy is alive. I’m a guy who’s in the market , cash in fist for a new MB set of irons. And I cannot find a set to buy. Why ? Hell if I know.

Taylormade has over sold and under delivered on the P7-tw set that I tried to buy. The hold up for another month ? 3 iron heads. These idiots built a tiger spec iron and forgot the 3 iron. Epic fail in many levels. And best yet. Won’t Ship just the 4-pw and 3 iron later.

Wilson isn’t releasing theirs yet . And ping still hasn’t come up with a date for blueprint sales. I guess mid summer makes sense ( not) for a mb release. Please. Good players want their irons early to be able to acclimate before events. Not mid July. Ffs.

And yes there are other brands. Neither of which have the traditional short iron shapes I’m after. They’ve all gone to a uniform 8-Pw that is a slender shape like the 3-7 irons. No good. I want a real pitching wedge damn it !

Oems do not want to sell mb irons. Conspiracy fact !

• Like 2

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @MelloYello said:

> > I guess I can't really talk being that I'm someone who's posted a lot in these threads but dang it sure seems like there are a million people on WRX that think there's a global conspiracy of OEMs out there trying to fool us into playing something sinister.

> >

> > When the OP recommends playing something that fits your level of skill and it elicits a bunch of _"Don't tell me what to do!"_ type of responses something seems off.

> >

> > I have to wonder if a large portion of this board is a bit anti-social maybe?

> >

> > I play 2-3 times a week with a bunch of friends and we're always discussing equipment when somebody gets something new: a set of wedges, a new fairway metal, a different shaft, etc.

> >

> >

>

> Well.

>

> Anecdotal , sure. But here goes.

>

>

> The global conspiracy is alive. I’m a guy who’s in the market , cash in fist for a new MB set of irons. And I cannot find a set to buy. Why ? **** if I know.

>

> Taylormade has over sold and under delivered on the P7-tw set that I tried to buy. The hold up for another month ? 3 iron heads. These idiots built a tiger spec iron and forgot the 3 iron. Epic fail in many levels. And best yet. Won’t Ship just the 4-pw and 3 iron later.

>

> Wilson isn’t releasing theirs yet . And ping still hasn’t come up with a date for blueprint sales. I guess mid summer makes sense ( not) for a mb release. Please. Good players want their irons early to be able to acclimate before events. Not mid July. Ffs.

>

> And yes there are other brands. Neither of which have the traditional short iron shapes I’m after. They’ve all gone to a uniform 8-Pw that is a slender shape like the 3-7 irons. No good. I want a real pitching wedge **** it !

>

> Oems do not want to sell mb irons. Conspiracy fact !

Haha...ah, the unimaginable challenges that underscore the life of poor, poor @bladehunter !

Those TW's will / would be sweet though. Real question...are they tipping those X100 shafts, because aren't his? That would be nuts.

zU85 (4-6) (UST Recoil)

SM9 56-F / 60-S
Maltby PTM-5CS

> @MelloYello said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @MelloYello said:

> > > I guess I can't really talk being that I'm someone who's posted a lot in these threads but dang it sure seems like there are a million people on WRX that think there's a global conspiracy of OEMs out there trying to fool us into playing something sinister.

> > >

> > > When the OP recommends playing something that fits your level of skill and it elicits a bunch of _"Don't tell me what to do!"_ type of responses something seems off.

> > >

> > > I have to wonder if a large portion of this board is a bit anti-social maybe?

> > >

> > > I play 2-3 times a week with a bunch of friends and we're always discussing equipment when somebody gets something new: a set of wedges, a new fairway metal, a different shaft, etc.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Well.

> >

> > Anecdotal , sure. But here goes.

> >

> >

> > The global conspiracy is alive. I’m a guy who’s in the market , cash in fist for a new MB set of irons. And I cannot find a set to buy. Why ? **** if I know.

> >

> > Taylormade has over sold and under delivered on the P7-tw set that I tried to buy. The hold up for another month ? 3 iron heads. These idiots built a tiger spec iron and forgot the 3 iron. Epic fail in many levels. And best yet. Won’t Ship just the 4-pw and 3 iron later.

> >

> > Wilson isn’t releasing theirs yet . And ping still hasn’t come up with a date for blueprint sales. I guess mid summer makes sense ( not) for a mb release. Please. Good players want their irons early to be able to acclimate before events. Not mid July. Ffs.

> >

> > And yes there are other brands. Neither of which have the traditional short iron shapes I’m after. They’ve all gone to a uniform 8-Pw that is a slender shape like the 3-7 irons. No good. I want a real pitching wedge **** it !

> >

> > Oems do not want to sell mb irons. Conspiracy fact !

>

> Haha...ah, the unimaginable challenges that underscore the life of poor, poor @bladehunter !

>

> Those TW's will / would be sweet though. Real question...are they tipping those X100 shafts, because aren't his? That would be nuts.

Lol. I have no idea. I would reshaft anyway to my shaft choice. It’s the shape I was after. But can’t be had. All are bought up for wall hangers. Even had some dude here gripe that “ I lost a club Distance. So in my closet they go “. Really captain obvious. That blade went shorter than your foam filled club. You don’t say.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock